Author Topic: Some help for folks who can identify  (Read 4628 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Some help for folks who can identify
« on: June 02, 2010, 10:39:06 PM »
http://www.netaddiction.com/

Internet Addictions break up marriages and strain friendships.Internet chat rooms cause social disorders in teens and adults.Online Affairs

"The Center for Online Addiction offers hope and valuable resources to those seeking treatment for Internet addiction. Internet addiction is a type of compulsive disorder and as an organization, we are specifically dedicated to helping people who suffer from this new form of addictive behavior."

Founded in 1995, the Center for Internet Addiction Recovery has been devoted to helping those who suffer from Internet addiction. The Internet has impacted the world and provided many benefits to its users. At the same time the Internet has had negative ramifications. Some people are preoccupied with using the Internet, are unable to control their use, and are jeopardizing employment and relationships. The concept of "Internet addiction" has been proposed as an explanation for this uncontrollable, damaging use of this technology. Symptoms are compared to the criteria used to diagnose other addictions and research has characterized Internet addiction as an impulse control disorder most comparable to pathological gambling because of overlapping criteria.

A Growing Epidemic

Studies on Internet addiction originated in the US by Dr. Kimberly Young, who presented the first research on Internet addiction in 1996 at the American Psychological Association’s annual conference held in Toronto in her paper “Internet Addiction: The Emergence of a New Disorder”. Since then, studies have documented Internet addiction in a growing number of countries such as Italy, Pakistan, Iran, Germany, and the Czech Republic. Reports also indicate that Internet addiction has become a serious public health concern in China, Korea, and Taiwan. Treatment centers have emerged across the US and abroad.

It is difficult to estimate how widespread the problem is. A nationwide study conducted by a team from Stanford University’s School of Medicine had estimated that nearly one in eight Americans suffer from at least one sign of problematic Internet use.

Internet addiction is now considered a serious disorder being considered for inclusion in the upcoming revision of the DSM-V.

Signs of Internet Addiction

Dr. Kimberly Young has likened Internet addiction to addictive syndromes similar to impulse-control disorders on the
Axis I Scale of the DSM.

The entire scale: Multi-axial system
Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagnostic ... _Disorders
The DSM-IV organizes each psychiatric diagnosis into five levels (axes) relating to different aspects of disorder or disability:
    * Axis I: Clinical disorders, including major mental disorders, and learning disorders
    * Axis II: Personality disorders and mental retardation (although developmental disorders, such as Autism, were coded on Axis II in the previous edition, these disorders are now included on Axis I)
    * Axis III: Acute medical conditions and physical disorders
    * Axis IV: Psychosocial and environmental factors contributing to the disorder
    * Axis V: Global Assessment of Functioning or Children's Global Assessment Scale for children and teens under the age of 18

Common Axis I disorders include depression, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, ADHD, autism spectrum disorders, phobias, and schizophrenia .
Common Axis II disorders include personality disorders: paranoid personality disorder, schizoid personality disorder, schizotypal personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, antisocial personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, histrionic personality disorder, avoidant personality disorder, dependent personality disorder, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, and mental retardation.
Common Axis III disorders include brain injuries and other medical/physical disorders which may aggravate existing diseases or present symptoms similar to other disorders.

She developed the Internet Addiction Diagnostic Questionnaire (IADQ) to diagnose the disorder. Meeting five of the following symptoms were considered necessary to be diagnosed.
1. Do you feel preoccupied with the Internet (think about previous online activity or anticipate next online session)?
Ursus hmmmmm........
2. Do you feel the need to use the Internet with increasing amounts of time in order to achieve satisfaction?
Ursus do you get satisfied.
3. Have you repeatedly made unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back, or stop Internet use?
I don't think so. Anne you must have because for a couple of months when I first arrived you were not here sweetie.
4. Do you feel restless, moody, depressed, or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop Internet use?
I have noticed, I thought it was because I have not had a drink in awhile.
5. Do you stay online longer than originally intended?
Anne did you ask your boss if it was OK.
6. Have you jeopardized or risked the loss of significant relationship, job, educational or career opportunity because of the Internet?
Ursus would your wife approve or husband or whatever you are, do they tolerate your longevity on the Web.
7. Have you lied to family members, therapist, or others to conceal the extent of involvement with the Internet?
Who wants to get honest about this. (NO need for all you single and lonely people to comment)
8. Do you use the Internet as a way of escaping from problems or of relieving a dysphoric mood (e.g., feelings of helplessness, guilt, anxiety, depression)?
Now you can comment all you single lonely people and folks like Anne who lie about her weekends to impress people.

Other Symptoms Include:

• Failed attempts to control behavior
Boy I have to admit this one has got me written all over it.

• Heightened sense of euphoria while involved in computer and Internet activities
Ursus this is where you come in.......I often see it when you finally think you have whooter creamed.

• Neglecting friends and family
Well now who wants to admit this.....Felice.

• Neglecting sleep to stay online
Che, first step is to admit it.

• Being dishonest with others
Sharon over and over.....

• Feeling guilty, ashamed, anxious, or depressed as a result of online behavior
Art this is you but you will not admit it....also my friend Matty boy.

• Physical changes such as weight gain or loss, backaches, headaches, carpal tunnel syndrome
Wait a minute I can use that as a excuse, "carpal tunnel syndrome". Ginger I found another syndrome and this one is going to stick. (pun what....)

• Withdrawing from other pleasurable activities
Pile what say you.......
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Some help for folks who can identify
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 10:58:47 PM »
Danny B2 says:
 :shamrock:  :shamrock:

And then I fucked her with a four leaf clover!

Danny, this sort of behavior towards Alzheimer's patients is simply unacceptable.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 11:33:26 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Danny B2 says:
 :shamrock:  :shamrock:

And then I fucked her with a four leaf clover!

Danny, this sort of behavior towards Alzheimer's patients is simply unacceptable.

Che what are you saying......com'on guy make sense.
Danny

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 11:34:57 PM »
There are no typographical errors in my post, it shouldn't be that difficult to read.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
CDS: Compulsive Diagnosing Syndrome
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 11:44:52 PM »
:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Is there a disorder named for folk who feel compelled ... to continuously diagnose everyone?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 11:46:18 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
There are no typographical errors in my post, it shouldn't be that difficult to read.

Gee Wee here we go again with the second shift, go away fat boy me tired, worky all day.

Danny

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
Re: CDS: Compulsive Diagnosing Syndrome
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 02:37:04 AM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Is there a disorder named for folk who feel compelled ... to continuously diagnose everyone?
Yes it is called cuntilotis massive egomaneous bullshiteous ignoranameous poppcockloadous. AKA Daniel Bennison ::fullofshit::
"A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle."
Kahlil Gibran

Offline photo man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 02:56:12 AM »
- Marijuana - :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:37:23 AM by photo man »

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 05:38:55 AM »
:karma:
"A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle."
Kahlil Gibran

Offline Eliscu2

• New World Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 07:55:46 AM »

Excessive Labeling Disorder is a serious brain disabling disease.
It disables the brains of others.
This can only be treated by Lawsuits.
 :on phone:
http://http://www.psychrights.org
WELCOME TO HELL!

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 08:34:19 AM »

This is what I feel compelled to do.
Relax it will be over soon enough, ok.

Danny
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 08:48:40 AM by DannyB II »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 08:46:22 AM »
Quote from: "Eliscu2"

Honey if the shoe (drug) fits wear (take) it. I am sure your on meds. so what is your point. Problem, if big industry would stop polluting this world then maybe we would not have to take so many drugs. Same corps. pollute and come back with the fix. Only in America.
Big corps convinced mommies to give up breast milk for formula, now look at what we have. DDT was sprayed in my neighborhood growing up, we ran after the truck, looky looky. Lead paint, Agent Orange, Petroleum, Mercury, ect..........
Face it Feice we were drugged (polluted) before we even knew it, big pharma is just capitalizing on the Gov's fuck ups.

Danny

Offline Eliscu2

• New World Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 09:37:00 AM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

Honey if the shoe (drug) fits wear (take) it. I am sure your on meds. so what is your point. Problem, if big industry would stop polluting this world then maybe we would not have to take so many drugs. Same corps. pollute and come back with the fix. Only in America.
Big corps convinced mommies to give up breast milk for formula, now look at what we have. DDT was sprayed in my neighborhood growing up, we ran after the truck, looky looky. Lead paint, Agent Orange, Petroleum, Mercury, ect..........
Face it Feice we were drugged (polluted) before we even knew it, big pharma is just capitalizing on the Gov's fuck ups.

Danny
It is too bad you are incapable of expressing an intelligent idea without being a ELAN DIRECTOR ASSHOLE.
Honey if the shoe (drug) fits wear (take) it. I am sure your on meds. so what is your point

This is what we called a DUMP in ELAN SCHOOL (not a school when I was there )
I am no longer court forced to take Psychiatric Drugs, so I do not.
Is My Medication Legal Yet? http://http://www.immly.org
Next time you open your mouth try to un Kool-Aid yourself first.
I did not listen to the "Staff" when I was 16 and I will not listen at now.
Bennikruglickgottlieb-bot....go cash your ELAN PAYCHECK.
I hope your car does not "magically" blow up while you are rolling your AA ass down the highway.
Although I have to agree with the ASSISTANT DIRECTOR SPAM-BOT here.
I do not respect the way "it" said it.
WELCOME TO HELL!

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 07:29:01 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

Danny
It is too bad you are incapable of expressing an intelligent idea without being a ELAN DIRECTOR ASSHOLE.
Honey if the shoe (drug) fits wear (take) it. I am sure your on meds. so what is your point

This is what we called a DUMP in ELAN SCHOOL (not a school when I was there )
I am no longer court forced to take Psychiatric Drugs, so I do not.
Is My Medication Legal Yet? http://http://www.immly.org
Next time you open your mouth try to un Kool-Aid yourself first.
I did not listen to the "Staff" when I was 16 and I will not listen at now.
Bennikruglickgottlieb-bot....go cash your ELAN PAYCHECK.

I hope your car does not "magically" blow up while you are rolling your AA ass down the highway.
Ursus was this a veiled threat, com'on another buddy. Ginger is this threatening, eh....Matty Fatty boy is this a threat because if it is I'm calling you with some shit.

Although I have to agree with the ASSISTANT DIRECTOR SPAM-BOT here.
I do not respect the way "it" said it.

Of course you agree it was a good point, my your testy. Why is it ok to bust my balls but not yours. Com'on Felice we used to have alot of fun. Ease up girl......
Danny

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 08:34:43 PM »
:karma: wheres the drama box when you need it.... :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Kahlil Gibran