Author Topic: The Right to Privacy  (Read 3716 times)

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
Re: The Right to Privacy
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 02:02:49 PM »
Samara.. Don't you dare say" I' m just too attached to Lockean philosophy" Locke first advanced the notion that man is entitled to life , liberty and estate. Jefferson re-wrote that to 'the pursuit of happiness' Well, happiness don't mean much a nothin if you don't got estate... Jefferson's re-write was in part from Rousseau "Noble savage",,,,( tha lil' supercilious faggot) The notion of a right to privacy derives mostly from Judeo-Christian tradition, not from constitutional Law. Constitutional law restricts itself in that matter to  the deployment of federal troop domestically (can't be done without gubernatorial request or declaration of martial law, Further the Constitution forbids  the quartering of troop) Remember that rights derive from God! Not from Government! All any Government can grant is liscence or privelege. Pay Attention, this is not a drill!
Thought experiment: Encounter a Buryat, a Mayan, an Inuit, a Copper from a hundred years ago. Offer them a snowmobile, an F-150, a Ruger mini-14. See which one will take it. All who refuse are savages, all who accept are modern men.
I come not from a race of noble savages, but a race of savage nobles. J.O.M.
Privacy is a thing offered by a decent respect for Human dignity, not a thing ensconced in Law.
Yep, still a redneck, and I just said "ensconced"... Wanna make something of it? ::unhappy::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Eliscu2

• New World Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 02:12:43 PM »
Quote from: "justonemore"
Samara.. Don't you dare say" I' m just too attached to Lockean philosophy" Locke first advanced the notion that man is entitled to life , liberty and estate. Jefferson re-wrote that to 'the pursuit of happiness' Well, happiness don't mean much a nothin if you don't got estate... Jefferson's re-write was in part from Rousseau "Noble savage",,,,( tha lil' supercilious faggot) The notion of a right to privacy derives mostly from Judeo-Christian tradition, not from constitutional Law. Constitutional law restricts itself in that matter to  the deployment of federal troop domestically (can't be done without gubernatorial request or declaration of martial law, Further the Constitution forbids  the quartering of troop) Remember that rights derive from God! Not from Government! All any Government can grant is liscence or privelege. Pay Attention, this is not a drill!
Thought experiment: Encounter a Buryat, a Mayan, an Inuit, a Copper from a hundred years ago. Offer them a snowmobile, an F-150, a Ruger mini-14. See which one will take it. All who refuse are savages, all who accept are modern men.
Privacy is a thing offered by a decent respect for Human dignity, not a thing ensconced in Law.
Yep, still a redneck, and I just said "ensconced"... Wanna make something of it? ::unhappy::

I think you have cured my Redneck Stigma.
I first examined the "Redneck" when I moved to Wisconsin.
I wondered how did these guys get so far North.
I then remembered they were "Cheeseheads" so I never really gave "Redneck" another thought.
I really love the Redneck halter top made from Men's Breifs.
I think "Rednecks" are some of the most Creative people on Earth.
Talk about Necessity being the mother of invention....
WELCOME TO HELL!

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 02:18:45 PM »
A little bit of Redneck is a good thing.... who wants a stuffy Etonian?

Anyway, I'm not really married to any philosophy in totality. I have eclectic tastes.  But there are certainly aspects of Lockean theory I gravitate toward.  

Anyway, I wouldn't dream of "making something of it." Not while you are in "lock and load" zone.

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 10:36:09 PM »
Samara; I take it back, sort of.
You should be married to Locke, and those who followed him.
Locke was the first to elucidate (yah, I talk funny, so what) Man's relationship to government... in the western world. Locke's thought came (largely) from the Romans.. Cato, Seneca, Suetonius, Germanicus, etc. Their thought came largely from Rabbi Hillel. Hillel ( a Jew, an original thinker... who knew?) was the first known to describe man's individual relationship to God. Not temporal, not social, not temporary. Individual, permanent, and real.
All social advancement derives from this. Our modern concept of liberty derives from this.
I reccomend you read C.S.Lewis ( all of C.S. Lewis.. He is the womp-stomp, metal-on-metal king off exposition and apologia):  
These are critical times:Know what you believe and why you believe it. Say what you mean.
personally, I'm taking my flats-boat up river. dog, gun, axe, saw, fishing material, tent, whiskey, extra round.flour. whiskey. extra round. oil, whiskey, sugar extra round. whiskey. extra round. coffee, whiskey, extra round.
J.O.M. ::unhappy::

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 10:38:42 PM »

Not bad............

danny
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 12:50:24 AM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

Not bad............

danny
Danny do you ever just STFU and relax???? Take a long hot bath sweetie it calms the nerves. May I suggest a hot cup of tea with honey.
"A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle."
Kahlil Gibran

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 07:26:10 AM »
Well, JOM, I don't know if I want to marry Locke. He's a little old and cold for me.

But I'm sure he'd appreciate the endorsement.
 :peace: