Author Topic: Is it hypocritical to use psychiatry and then defame A.A.?  (Read 1097 times)

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
Quote from: "Psy"
Psychiatry and Psychology is based on science. AA is not and it does not work.

Psy claims that Psychiatry is based on science and that taking Prozac from the age of 13 on is helpful and should be allowed. But he also claims that AA is dangerous and should be outlawed. Why should Psy judge that AA is ineffective when so many people voluntary participate, and then engage in another form of treatment that many people oppose and claim it is effective? Does this make Psy a hypocrite or just unable to grasp his blatant double standard?

Do I take Prozac? Yes. It's my personal choice. So what... Now I am in a situation where if I go off it I have severe withdraws (been on since 13).

i'm pretty frigid. This might be due to the prozac.

These reports confirmed that Prozac can and does turn people hostile, aggressive and violent. Some of these reports stated, "This patient became agitated and violent after third dose of Prozac" (submitted by Lilly to the FDA in April, 1989); "'Shortly after Prozac was increased to 80 mg daily patient became extremely violent" (submitted by Lilly to the FDA in July, 1989), "This patient was reported to have become manic with prominent paranoid ideation while taking Prozac.

I isolate. I sit in front of my computer. That's my life. I hate people (being around them).
[/size]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
one day at a time

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Is it hypocritical to use psychiatry and then defame A.A
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 02:37:02 PM »
Is it hypocritical to use psychiatry and then defame A.A.?

No.

Next question?
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline alcoholics anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 02:50:36 PM »
I sniffed gasoline fumes when I was in high school shop class and burnt many brain cells.  Hick up.  Buuurrrrrrp....   Faarrrrrt.....

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 06:44:45 PM »
:shamrock:  :shamrock:

"Anne Bonney"
Is it hypocritical to use psychiatry and then defame A.A.?

No.

Next question ?  

Anne darling this is not appropriate for even the likes of you. You are much more intelligent then this.
Please stop showing everyone that you are prejudice. That is all this is about "FEAR". Now com'on shows
us you have worked through this.

Danny
Stand and fight, till there is no more.