Author Topic: Vent  (Read 6921 times)

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
Re: Vent
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 02:26:08 PM »
dear samara
Odd tag. yep. reveals more than it conceals. So does your angry response. Well ya got me. not only am i a pretentious schmuck, but an insensitive bastard as well. Boy howdy, reckon i'll have another beer. Got to anyways, on account of burning books is thirsty work. then i think i'll go kill little animals and oppress women and minorities, depends on how much gas is in the tank. Got a 289, don't ya know, and I'm running glass packs, so ya know, it ain't as 'green' as I'd like. Runs like a fiend, though. Good thing, when them minorities and women get to chasin me with their pitchforks. J.O.M.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 02:49:49 PM »
You know what - I just have to concede to laughter at this point...

I am angry. I was very upset when I wrote that post after discovering that my colleague was strong armed into signing a document. Not only was she coerced to sign the paper, but she was threatened to pretend it never happened.  I think she was too shocked to say "I need my family lawyer to review this before I sign anything."  

This was a compounding factor after several incidences of tactics that do not belong in an effective work environment.

I didn't really get why you accused me of lies after a sincere rant. I do not like to be treated injudiciously.

Also, your whole spiel about indoctrination after I specifically argued against censorship and conformity made no sense.

My angry response is pretty direct and more to the point, futile. It doesn't really resolve anything but give you another excuse for mockery.

But I do have a pitchfork ready if you're willing to bend over. Maybe if I'm lucky you'll deconstruct the latent meaning behind "Samarra" before you hightail it to Arizona. I believe your Redneck alter ego will find a nice community of life minded folks there.  :peace:

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 03:38:32 PM »
dear samara( or samarra) "deconstruct" is that like paradigm or matrix or authenticity or lineage or any of a thousand other buzzwords?  do you refer to the ancient city or the lousy play? Anyway, i thank you for the laughter, a veterinarian told me long time gone that laughter is a cardinal symptom of health, look for it. A corpseman ( that's core-man, not corpse-man as our current white house occupant would have it) told me long time gone to first piss 'em off, then make 'em laugh.
Arizona, you say? you reckon they'd have a cracker like me? In a state where they intend to finally enforce what has been federal law since 1952? Where they actually believe that a proper function of gov't. is to defend the citizenry? Where the 10th amendment might actually flower? No you Di'n't.
I believe it's become critically important to know why and how you believe what you believe.
P.S. I'm familiar with pressure. I became a witness for prosecution in a forgery case involving doctors, the parish coroner (himself a pathologist) and lost a promising career over it. Oh well. Things are rarely so wrong that they can't be righted. Military wisdom: If nobody dies, you can usually fix it, if somebody dies it's not an emergency anymore. Medical wisdom: when you see hoof-print, look for horse.
J.O.M.

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 03:49:38 PM »
You words are so convoluted I can't even keep track of what you mean or believe. Are you a lawyer?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 04:06:05 PM »
I feel like Pop in Moonstruck at the breakfast table......I'm so confused!!

(Yes, I know the main guy in the pic above is Vincent Gardenia. Feodor Chaliapin, Jr. is at left)
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 04:11:25 PM »
addendum to foregoing. Mes'damme you wound. REDNECK is not an alter-ego, it is my self and soul. My family is miners railroaders and horse thieves. I'm the southern branch. i do in fact got a 289, also a 3.8 buick, and a 302. Got other stuff as well. Got a 308. I've really truly run shine, and been on boats and planes, worser than hell, I'm an adult convert, I read, and I vote. One my closest is a man named "connie" A backwoods country boy, Army sniper, Fourteen confirmed mission. A gentleman in all his ways. a soldier in all his ways. Yeah, I'm a redneck.
J.O.M.

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 04:29:23 PM »
Well, I'm 98% Anglo-Celtic but I cling to my Mexican bandita (literally, I am descended from bandits) side with great contrivance. I'm not a bad girl but I hate rules.  Since you are "BFFs" with a sniper and have taken an apparent disliking to me, I would appreciate it if you would ask "Connie" to blindfold himself before he shoots.

I have to admit I have no idea what a 289, 302, or 308 is, but I assume you are far better armed than I will ever be.

I cease and desist.

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 04:35:27 PM »
convoluted? naww hell, they're plain words.
I'll re-iterate ;I believe it's critically important to know how and why you believe what you believe. When you see hoof print, look for horse.
J.O.M.

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2010, 04:38:57 PM »
what the hell does that have to do with my original post about unethical business practices and conformity and lack of critical thinking in education?

Are you just mad that I dropped the extra "r" from your favorite book or poem?

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 04:44:30 PM »
Actually, no i don't dislike you at all, Sorry that you would think so. If i thought you an utter fool, i wouldn't respond. But i have. And since you say you got some 'bandida" in ya, then you'll know something about freedom.
I have mocked you, and you me, but I did not intend insult.
 J.O.M.

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 05:00:16 PM »
No, I'm not mad about he extra R It's a great parable, a great short story, a horrible ruin of a city, and a lousy play.
Here's the deal. Your story didn't add up because there were details missing. Either prosecution or defense will look for that and pounce. Faced with corruption, your choice is limited. you probably don't have the resource that they do.without resource, no matter what party wins, you lose. My advice is walk. Walk careful, walk slow, and walk with as much evidence as you can get. DO NOT let anyone know what evidence you've got, and duplicate. Most of this is T.V., but they watch T.V. too, and believe it. that's in your favor.
The irrascible bastard, J.O.M.  bouna fortuna, ( that's italian, ya mex)9 PROBLY NOT GOOD ITALIAN)

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 05:09:11 PM »
I felt unsafe posting all the details. I felt unsafe posting at all. I have two mouths to feed. No mother is ever really free.  I am also not on the radar. But it kills me other good people are. And that nothing really serves the students.

The only really free place is my mind and maybe inside the sanctuary of home.

Never saw the play.

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 05:26:04 PM »
Hey! good thinking, DON'T Post the Damn details! Learn to compartmentalize, Then walk, slow, then fast, as you need to. If this deal is as bad as you indicate, then hie thee yon! find someone to talk to, a doctor, a priest ( priests are faced with kind of crap all the time, so don't sweat it)
Remember. " if nobody dies...
Still an irrascible bastard J.O.M.

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2010, 05:59:17 PM »
re- reading previous posts, Don't know what a 289 or a 302 is.. well A 308 is made by winchester, the rest by ford. maybe not better armed than you, but sure as hell faster. And anyway I got whiskey. Furthermore, Connie is a match level, world class shooter, and a felon.
He can never again touch a trigger, nor would he. It's a very sad deal, and it's the deal he made. Sometimes the world is unjust. However, lest the man's reputation be tarnished, let you never think that a man like connie would harm you. If connie thought I would harm a woman without cause, connie would kill me. And rightly so. And so would Blind Andy, Rhino, False Prophet, Cowboy, Hillbilly, even Crack-baby.
Corruption is different... Walk away soon.
No, I didn't get no smarter nor bettr lookin, and I ain't never gonna be easy to get along with.
J.O.M.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2010, 08:31:19 PM »
And here I thought Charter Schools were going to be that big thing that 'saved' public schools. And wait... 2 kids and you work for an online school? I bet I know who this is. Glad to see you back.

:)

and JOM is one funny redneck.