Author Topic: ELAN school positive staff testimonies  (Read 2670 times)

Offline kirstin

• View Profile
ELAN school positive staff testimonies
« on: April 19, 2010, 11:44:22 AM »
http://www.elanschool.com/teacher_testimonials.php

Teacher Testimonies | Elan School

"During my career in public education, I taught, was a principal of a junior high school and served as a superintendent of schools for twelve years. I also served two terms as chairperson of our local school committee. I began my career filled with enthusiasm and left public education discouraged at the changes that had left educators without control of their schools.

I came to Elan fifteen years ago and became re-energized by students who were anxious to turn their lives around. Elan provided an environment that restored what public education no longer couldÉthe freedom to teach, be respected and see lives restored. At Elan, students graduate one at a time, in respect for the effort put forth by the student to restore their lives as viable contributing members of society.

In my fifteenth year, my only wish would be that I would have found Elan twenty years earlier. "

- Mr. William Foss

"Teaching at Elan is an experience like no other. The caring and respect shown to the teachers by the students is so unlike the experiences of public school teachers these days. We teach here because we are about these very special students they return that caring a hundred fold. Watching these students arrive the throes of crisis and leave ready to go to college and take their places in society is a reward in itself. These students are some of the most intelligent, creative people I have had the privilege to work with in during my twenty years of teaching."

- Martha Agren

"Teaching in Elan is an outstanding experience; the atmosphere in class is a model of what it should be in any good preparatory school or college. During class time there is cooperative good order, focus and a relaxed and effective esprit d'corps. Although everybody knows thee Honors Courses will be challenging, students feel confident that concentrated and consistent work will gain successful results that will carry over into their college careers. My students are carefully selected according to both the prerequisite academic levels and maturity needed to undertake Honors level work. The outstanding support of the program directors and staff in fostering and maintaining my students daily academic efforts are a key element in our successes."

- Mr. Josiah Adams
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
Re: ELAN school positive staff testimonies
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 03:00:38 PM »
o
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 08:03:49 PM by SharonMcCarthy »
"A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle."
Kahlil Gibran

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 03:01:32 PM »
o
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 08:03:35 PM by SharonMcCarthy »
"A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle."
Kahlil Gibran

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 04:20:21 PM »
Quote from: "SharonMcCarthy"
Caring and compassionate experiences..roflmao was this before or after you forced girls to wear slut signs or dunce caps?? or had boys dress as pimps and homeless people?? Or was this before or after the General Meetings or The Ring??? Ah yes such a rewarding experience.
I’ve noticed Élan is typically vague about particulars of what these practitioners are actually employing in this program on their info. They only glancingly mention encounter groups in the videos. And ew, they actually made reference to an image group. For parents to get the idea of what encounters and the un-mentioned haircuts (methods of confrontational attack therapy) and LE's (Blatant Humiliations) are about, I would suggest that parents start with a couple of the following:
You Created Us Now Deal With Us  
Hidden Elan School secrets
Confrontational Attack Therapy
Paul ST.John’s post is funny and sad.
...and keep reading there's plenty more to be read and more to be said on the topic.
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 11:33:08 AM »
[
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 08:03:14 PM by SharonMcCarthy »
Kahlil Gibran

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 11:36:04 AM »
I need to question why there is such silence among the people whom claim they are against the practices at Elan.

Because it usually turns into nothing but bunch of 2 year olds throwing sand at each other.  Seriously, nobody wants to read or post in the Elan forum, here at least.  It's really pathetic.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 12:48:55 PM »
[
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 08:02:56 PM by SharonMcCarthy »
Kahlil Gibran

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 12:54:23 PM »
so you mean to tell me not one fucken person out there can not contain their little 2 year old ways in order to carry a conversation.

From the *ahem* "conversations" here, it would appear not.

I doubt that. I think it is more the righteous idiots on here that turn people more off then a bit of squabbling.

It's both.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 01:04:41 PM »
o
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 08:02:40 PM by SharonMcCarthy »
Kahlil Gibran

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 01:09:40 PM »
Yeah it could be so much more really, just wish it could.

I hear ya.  Programs taught us to be confrontational and taught us well.

As long as parents chicken out when the going gets tough and are willing to abdicate and outsource their responsibilities, there will be places ready to take their money.  Sad, but true.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 07:08:52 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
I need to question why there is such silence among the people whom claim they are against the practices at Elan.

Because it usually turns into nothing but bunch of 2 year olds throwing sand at each other.  Seriously, nobody wants to read or post in the Elan forum, here at least.  It's really pathetic.
so you mean to tell me not one fucken person out there can not contain their little 2 year old ways in order to carry a conversation. I doubt that. I think it is more the righteous idiots on here that turn people more off then a bit of squabbling.I think if more people made an effort it could happen.

:shamrock:  :shamrock:

No I don't think It has to do with 2 year old behavior, I think most Elan folks are bored with the conversation. We have discussed most of what needs to be discussed, now it is action time. Time to go to Maine and kick some ass and take some names. I already said when i'll be there, hoping to see others.
All these vacations everyone is taking well Maine is the "Vacation State". Like I said hope to see you in Maine this July.

Danny
Stand and fight, till there is no more.