Author Topic: Class Action  (Read 3186 times)

Offline animals all of us

• View Profile
Class Action
« on: September 19, 2003, 09:30:00 AM »
To Most Literally Everyone,
Anyone interested in an attorney hearing everyone's case against the man?? I am organizing documents to send to my attorney who would like to see and hear our case and definitely potentially file a suit for malpractice, civil rights injustice, child abuse, rape, murder?, truancy, practice without a license, false imprisonment.  I am not asking for any donations to do this.  I can tell you about myself and this attorney.  
It's not like when I came to the program that my life and my families were very in control.  My mother was very lonely and accepted nearly anyone's opinion around the time I was taken there.  I scared her with my alternative views and the impression of my brother.  I am a survivor of the Pinellas Straight.  Its property is now a verizon warehouse.  Because I had never used drugs, the staff and my mother agreed that I would be taken in for behaviour modification.  I never received anything to heal my 'behaviour' except that they called me names and told me to get off the fence because I couldn't decide whether or not I was addicted to drugs.  Three years later I was emancipated and they graduated me prematurely that same day.  Hmm.  I don't have to tell you about food rationing, bathroom privileges, spit therapy, restraining, illegal loss of civil and school rights, and all the other heinous shit that was done to me every day for three years and some extra days.  Today I am diagnosed with several malfunctions and I have been able to trace, with the help of my shrink, my fuckedupness back to its makers.  PTSD is one of the smaller diagnosis.  Today is no better.
I went to the convention down in Saint Petersburg a year or two ago.  
I have set an achievement date to have anyones testimonial letters in order by October 18th,2003.  Once these begin to come around I will write a letter to the firm letting them know what I/we are trying to accomplish, any given testimonials, similar settlements won, and any other pertinent information.
If you wanna see that p.o.s. finally get served justice and you really wanna be heard, that is why I am here at least for my own personal speedy healing.
I'm thinking that I will need some representatives, you know who you are, who are already familiar with organizing meetings for survivors of Straight.  I/we will have to approach the attorney in a meeting of the minds.
My attorney is a long time aquaintance and hired firm.  They used to live above me in a house on fifth avenue n.e.  After I got out of Straight they were there to help me as I continued to confront people and get restraining orders slapped on my ass.  He was there when I was into other crazy shit as a result of lack of direction from Straight.  He can get around the limitations.  If for any reason this m.f. is not going to take the case of a lifetime I will at least have the information I need to find one who will and I will look everyday until I find one.  If I cannot ever find one I will personally go and study and pass the bar myself!  I will have my justice since I have discovered why I have been so fucked up these long years.
[email protected]
lemme know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Lixor

• View Profile
Class Action
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 12:58:00 PM »
Just my opinion:

Sounds like your attorney has not actually expressed interest as you say in the beginning of your post.  You mention towards the end that you would go pass the bar yourself if this "MF" would not take the case.

I truly believe that you incurred some injustices in Straight.  I also imagine that many things have occurred to you in life that are not fair, but I doubt the direction you are going will help repair any of it.

My suggestion is to apply all of this extraordinary time and effort you are talking about towards healing and getting on with life.  I know that it is more "exciting" to get revenge, but it is more peaceful to begin healing.  I don't blame anyone for anything that has ever happened to me.  I just move on and figure out what I can do in a positive way to improve my life.

Just my thoughts...either way good luck.  I believe that a lawsuit would take you down a road of lost time, lost money, and eventually disappointment.  Most likely you will end up even angrier.  Use all that time to start living.

Will

[ This Message was edited by: Lixor on 2003-09-19 09:59 ]

Offline nicoleesther

• View Profile
Class Action
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2003, 01:48:00 PM »
My name is Nicole & I have also been looking into pursuing a lawsuit. I was in the CA Staright in 1990.  I am now a practicing mental health therapist.  I also had no history of drug abuse & only there for so called "behavior Mod" whatever.  I was only in Straight for 4 days and AWOLed by jumping out of a window.  After my AWOL my therapist put me in a psych hospital to protect me.  It was there @ the hospital that child abuse reports were filed.  The state licensing board interviewed me & Straight CA was shut down 2 months later.....

I spoke with several attorneys & one feels the best way to go after someone would be the medical directors.  Many of these MD's billed insurance compaines without ever seeing the clients.  Most Straights had MD'S that signed off on stuff.

I would be happy to help in any way that I can.

Nicole   :tup:

[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Class Action
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2003, 03:54:00 PM »
Dear Will,

Your sincere opinion is valuable to me because I am sure that you have had situations happen to you as well.
I got upset after reading your post.  I started to write some stuff to you that really agrees with what you say as far as not being up to me to teach anyone a lesson because noone has control of others.  I went on to tell you that it would help me along to see a known felon, hiding behind the guise of government, brought to justice.  But most of that was stuff that everybody already knows and doesn't really help me heal currently.

Moreover and perhaps most importantly;
For the first time in a really, really long time I have found words and other persons who know where I am coming from, and I don't have to say alot - just what is in this heart and mind and things that have happened to me.  I read their posts and found a little bit of deserved comfort knowing that others are healing like me and they are, like you say, living their lives regardless of the injustices others have exacted upon them.  I think as time progresses and I tell more  incidents that occured in Straight that others like me who may be a little further along might definitely understand what it means to play headgames about every decision I make, to be ambiguous and overly analytical years later throughout the whole day as a result of control techniques used by these rapists and criminals who are not dissimilar from Hitler and his Third Reich.

Perhaps I was not clear or entirely longwinded about my attorney.  He is a long time aquaintance of mine, respect, who is wanting to fully hear me and others out on a class action law suit.  My use of the word M.F. simply means if your mom needs fucking he's the one to get it done and he WILL represent.  I have faith in him no matter the result because he has more than twenty years of experience in children and families statutes.

Very truly yours,

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Class Action
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2003, 04:18:00 PM »
On 2003-09-19 09:58:00, Lixor wrote:

My suggestion is to apply all of this extraordinary time and effort you are talking about towards healing and getting on with life.  

Will, do you remember the Program definition of cognitive dissonance? Essentially, they taught us that it was a good and wholesome response to positive changes. Wrong! As I understand it, in layman's terms, it's that feeling you get when things just don't add up; when you've picked up on a contradiction but just can't quite put your finger on what it is.

Well here's a case in point. The Program austensibly taught us all to take responsibility for everything. But they certainly never taught that by example, did they? Criminal and civil investigations and lawsuites, hundreds of angry former clients, suicides and attempted suicides, facility closings, name changes, bad press, broken families. But it wasn't the program's fault or the founders or the staff or the method of treatment, NO! It's just that we're all a bunch of flawed, incompetent, jealous failures, right? It's all our fault cause we couldn't work the program. Oh, and probably strung out on drugs. Amway says the same thing about the people they chew up and spit out.

[sigh]

The Program did enough harm to me and my family. But I'm a live-and-let live kind of gal. I chose to part ways with the sadistic lunatics, even though most of my family chose differently. No sour grapes here, no regrets. But there's something else. These people continue to abuse children daily and at the leave and pleasure of our law enforcement, education, medical and regulatory institutions. These are the institutions my children and grandchildren will depend on. This is not about the past and there's nothing wrong with me that I'm trying to fix.

Sooner or later, someone will be able to put together a legal action and/or the culmination of publicity will finally be too much for even the powerful, wealthy (on money that used to be ours) and politically connected TOUGHLOVE moonies to cover up. Why not this time? Where's the harm in investigating all options?

The hypothalamus is one of the most important parts of the brain, involved in many kinds of motivation, among other functions.  The hypothalamus controls the "Four F's": 1. fighting;  2. fleeing;  3.feeding; and  4. mating.
-- Psychology professor in neuropsychology intro course

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Lixor

• View Profile
Class Action
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2003, 05:12:00 PM »
Good post Ginger and well said.

I agree that action should always be taken to stop ongoing injustices.  I hope that whoever, as you said, finally brings a lawsuit is successful.

My main point really had nothing to do with that though.  It was just an attempt to encourage a different view.  It was a thought on healing by focusing on today.  I hope I did not take anything away from anyone's efforts or energy in trying to right the wrong.

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Class Action
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2003, 06:10:00 PM »
I am interested. I don't care so much in the monetary sense even though I am broke. I would like the exposure, the validation, I want to have Melvin Sembler and all those horrible sadists say that they were wrong.

I would like all Straight spinoffs shut down and the model banned.

I want Jeb Bush to say why he would not send his family to one of "those" places if they truely are the best.

I want some action. Constant lawsuits and class action suits and bad press and whatever it takes.

I know I am still in therapy PTSD. Have a shrink who will testify that place fucked me up too.

No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats---approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less.
--Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom:

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Class Action
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2003, 08:04:00 AM »
I see and understand both Will and Gingers points of veiw.  I have been a fighting activist of sorts for over a decade now.  I've had some victorys, but for the most part I've been beat down. The power in extreme countries simply shoot the opposition, here in America those who speak out are striped of there freedom, homes, cars, jobs and any means of releif until their broken and relying on crime to survive.  

I spent four years in a punk band screaming about our rights and exposing corruption.  The Midland Police decorated their offices with our fliers, stickers, and album covers.  Our art work, lyrics, and attitude highly offended the boys in blue.  I was arrested 26 times; for any reason they could think of, our merchandise confiscated, my guitar held over a weekend "to investigate crimial activity"(weekend of a big show, I got a loaner guitar for it)  and we were constantly harassed.  I finally said fuck this and went to college to study law.

While in college I had some successes while doing an internship for Senator Teel Bivins.  I got the jail here up to sanitation standards through the commission on jail standards and I launched a public service campaign targeting men in need of help that act with domestic violence.

Most recently I've been battling My employer.  I've been working at an assisted living retirement home.  While there I've wittnessed abuse and neglect toward the elderly residents.  I complained, argued, reported, and finally called the state. Shortly after, I was fired.  Their reason?  Bringing my daughter to work with me.  She was there 30 minutes.  Myself and most employees with kids have brought them in the past with no problems, but I rocked the boat.

A straight related suit?  I was court ordered illegally and see the possibilities of suits against Texas and others locally for their part.  But every time I rock a boat of power, mine gets dumped over, and the power I'd face around here in a straight related suit will stomp me like a cockroach.

Ginger, many times that I've tried to fix or correct injustices have in turn placed me in positions to commit injustices just to survive.        

[ This Message was edited by: Reagon Youth on 2004-02-09 15:46 ]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Class Action
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2003, 12:17:00 PM »
On 2003-09-20 05:04:00, Reagon Youth wrote:

Ginger, many times that I've tried to fix or correct injustices have in turn placed me in positions to commit injustices just to survive.        

I know. And I don't recomend anyone doing anything that's not worth the trouble. I think we'll see some real progress here as more and more of us come around and compare notes. Already we have a wide array of different talents and resources.

And, believe it or not, as hostile and cantankerous as many of us can be sometimes, I hear the opposition is even worse to eachother. A friend of mine who's a lobbyist, sometime candidate in Florida told about the content of a large number of FOIA documents that included memos and notes to and from the Semblers and their affiliates. She couldn't believe how just plain mean spirited and katty these people seemed to be. Later, when talking with a certain politico who would be considered a belligerant in the political battle in which she was engaged, she asked about a sick relative of his. That's just the kind of gal she is. She said the guy cried and told her that none of these sanctimonious sons of bitches (or their mad mothers) who he regarded as political allies had ever bothered to ask him.

My best strength has always been the toughness that was beaten into me as the youngest of a large brood of rough Irish kids. Dunk me, drop me, leave me alone and hungry, I won't give anyone the satisfaction of letting it get to me. Those friendships and alliances that I value are solid.

Step 1. We came to understand that the government is powerless over people's private use of drugs and that the War on Drugs was making the government's life unmanageable.

--Scott Tillinghast

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Class Action
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2003, 09:44:00 AM »
You gave me some good ideas.  I would like to support George Bushes "Leave no child behind act." I am preparing a list of Midland straight survivors to take to the Midland Independent School District.  I am going to challenge them to show me ONE diploma received by any of us.

CURRENT TEXAS EDUCATION CODE
25.085 Compulsory school attendence requires persons 6-18 to attend school.
EXEMPTIONS  25.086  There are many, but the one that applies to drug treatment states (physical or mental condition of a temporary and remmediable nature, AND holds A CERTIFICATE FROM A QUALIFIED PHYSICIAN.  I was withdrawn from school without a doctors statement. MISD supported straight, allowing the withdraw of several students knowing that the program prohibited education on 1st and 2nd phases and that they would remain out of school for an indefinate amount of time. Under current law Straight practices would be in violation of the education code.  This code has been amended since my time at straight.  I have not been able to find the code from 1986, but I'am still looking.
There is also a federal code which I plan to research.

I am asking everyone to research the education code of the state they lived in during their straight time.  And ask the school district that withdrew you for your records, specifically withdraw documents.  If you find violations, file a federal suit for sure and a state suit if your state allows it.  When hundreds of school boards across the country start facing civil rights violations, light will shed upon our cause and we will help President Bush to "leave no child behind." :tup:

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Class Action
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2003, 10:45:00 AM »
Sounds like a good idea, R.Y. But that leaves me out on account of the fact that I was a drop-out before I went in there. BTW, were you in the band "Reagan Youth?" I remember hearing of them, and maybe even hearing a song by them/you...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Class Action
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2003, 01:00:00 AM »
No I did not play for Reagan Youth.  I played for Crapple and Uncle Spooge.  I got my screen name from Reagan Youth the band.  When I first heard em I thought dame,  that's us from Straight, Reagan Youth, We are the sons of Reagan.  I am jammin Reagan Youth as I write.  Here, Jeff Jizz, singer of Uncle Spooge would like to commit about Straight.

The founders of Straight can lick my nut cheese covered balls. But I would bang the hell out of Bush's daughters in every orphice. I would even share sloppy seconds with all of you as a small sentiment to the horrors and abuses incurrerd by Straight Inc. I say we round em all up and give em the plunger treatment NYPD style. Then send MR. Dumbfuck Ambasadar to Italy to Trinidad Colorado where he would undergo a forced sex change and then put him out on the streets in forced prostitution while all of you bank off of the Johns. Fuck Bush Fuck Bush Country, Fuck Texas and Fuck Nancy Reagan (especially Doggy Style) and Princess Diana may be dead but fuck her too cause corpses don't say no. All you need is a shovel for a gang bang.

Jeff Jizz
In exodus from Bush country to Colofuckinrado Springs Colorado. Visiting Timmy for the weekend.  

refer to http://unclespooge.tripod.com for my contact info. Death threats always welcome.      
 [ This Message was edited by: Reagan Youth on 2005-05-25 17:06 ]

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Class Action
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2003, 11:06:00 PM »
that is a good idea I was 14yrs old 13 months without school??? Bullshit, I can't believe a republican  :skull: would even go for that shit.

A multitude of laws in a country is like a great number of physicians, a sign of weakness and malady.

--Voltaire, philosopher (1694-1778)

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline `

• View Profile
Class Action
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2005, 05:26:00 AM »
damn look what i found.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Class Action
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »
Sue the State of Florida.