Author Topic: Cop assaults 15-year-old special needs student  (Read 2573 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cop assaults 15-year-old special needs student
« on: October 12, 2009, 03:00:16 PM »
http://rawstory.com/2009/10/camera-catc ... s-student/

Caught on tape: Cop assaults 15-year-old special needs student

By Stephen C. Webster
Thursday, October 8th, 2009 -- 8:18 pm

For the offense of not having his shirt tucked in, 15-year-old special needs student Marshawn Pitts was slammed into a wall of lockers and pounded repeatedly in the face by a police officer who broke the boy's nose and bloodied his mouth.

The Dolton, Illinois teen told a local CBS affiliate that the officer was cursing at him as he complied with the order to tuck in his shirt. Then, "it was just like, boom!" he said.

The assault, which took place in May, was recorded on a security camera at the Chicago suburb's Academy for Learning.

"The academy is a high school for special-needs students who are emotionally disturbed or struggle with behavioral disorders," noted Chicago Breaking News. "Marshawn was a student there because he suffered brain injuries when he was hit by a car years ago, [family attorney Edward] Manzke said."

During the recording, the officer stoops down and places a cup of coffee on the floor, then threw the teen into the lockers before pummeling him and pinning him to the floor in a maneuver known as the "face-down take-down."

"Zena Naiditch of Equip for Equality, a legal advocacy group that fights for the rights of people with disabilities, looked at the video and said the type of physical restraint used by the officer has killed students," CBS News reported.

Naiditch added that the hold can be lethal because those trapped by it are left unable to breathe. CBS noted that seven states currently prohibit officers from using the "face-down take-down."

The officer has not been identified, but due to the filmed evidence of the assault he has been terminated from the force.

Manzke told WBBM News Radio 780 that Marshawn has since transferred to a new school and the family is planning to file a lawsuit.

This video is from CBS 2 in Chicago, broadcast Oct. 7, 2009.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Cop assaults 15-year-old special needs student
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 03:11:43 PM »
First of all we all know that these places just label a kid with some disorder so that they can be accepted,  it’s a given that the boy isnt really a special needs kid, just a bully who didn’t want to go to school or comply with the rules.  He had all the control to defuse the situation.  All he needed to do is tuck in his shirt tail and comply with the rules.  But they make the police look like the bad guys.  Where is this country going?  The kid will probably end up suing the police for a million…. blow it all on drugs, OD and forints will add him to the victims list… and so it goes.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 03:45:20 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
First of all we all know that these places just label a kid with some disorder so that they can be accepted,  it’s a given that the boy isnt really a special needs kid, just a bully who didn’t want to go to school or comply with the rules.  He had all the control to defuse the situation.  All he needed to do is tuck in his shirt tail and comply with the rules.  But they make the police look like the bad guys.  Where is this country going?  The kid will probably end up suing the police for a million…. blow it all on drugs, OD and forints will add him to the victims list… and so it goes.
Jeeeeeezzzz... Just how low can ya go, Guest?

Here's that mean monster of a kid who had "all the control to defuse the situation," according to Guest. The kid's nose was broken from being slammed into a locker during the incident:

Here's a YouTube clip of that mean monster of a kid not complying with the rules, and inciting that poor cop into instilling order with a potentially lethal "face-down take-down" restraint (illegal in 4 states due to an unacceptably high mortality rate). Was it a second, or a half-second, before the cop attacked him from behind and smashed him into the wall of lockers?

Dolton Cop Beats Special Needs Student On Camera
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzHjV0ZVEkk[/list]

And here's an update on that poor cop, who was probably framed and made out to "look like the bad guy," according to Guest... I guess he has a little problem with anger management:

—•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•—

UPDATE: Cop who assaulted teen now in jail on rape charge; shot ex-wife's new husband 24 times in 'self defense'

The officer who brutally beat special needs student Marshawn Pitts has been identified as 38-year-old Christopher Lloyd, according to Chicago Breaking News, which spoke to Lloyd's father.

The news agency reported that Lloyd is currently in jail after being charged with the rape of a woman he knew and is facing a 20-year sentence should he be convicted.

The Chicago Tribune-backed service adds: "A lawsuit filed by his ex-wife, Nicole McKinney, last summer alleges he gunned down her new husband Cornel McKinney in front of their children outside their home on the 6100 block of South Langley Avenue on Feb. 17, 2008."

An autopsy revealed Lloyd shot the man 24 times, the agency found. He was not jailed at the time as Chicago police accepted his explanation that the killing was in self-defense.

Lloyd also reportedly told his father that the boy he was filmed assaulting had a history of behavioral problems and had cursed at him when told to tuck in his shirt.

Image sample credit: CBS News.
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    Dolton cop in beating case has troubling history
    « Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 04:01:44 PM »
    Chicago Breaking News Center
    Dolton cop in beating case has troubling history
    October 8, 2009 7:43 PM

A Dolton cop caught on camera allegedly breaking a 15-year-old special needs student's nose for failing to tuck in his shirt has a troubling history that includes killing a man in a case of disputed self-defense.

The officer is now in an Indiana jail on an unrelated rape charge.

Christopher Lloyd, 38, was identified today by his father, Charles Lloyd, and Dolton Mayor Ronnie Lewis as the officer who in May was videotaped by a school security camera scuffling with 15-year-old, 140-pound Marshawn Pitts at the Academy for Learning in Dolton.

An attorney hired by Pitts' parents released the videotape earlier this week, calling the incident an "unprovoked attack" on a vulnerable child. The tape, which has no audio, appears to show the officer slam Pitts against a locker, wrestle him to the ground and pin him.

VIDEO shows Dolton police officer and special needs student

But speaking Thursday, Charles Lloyd said he had seen the tape and discussed the incident with his son, who he said was "just trying to do his job as a police officer and is completely innocent."

"My son said, 'Sir, you need to tuck your shirt in,' and this boy said '**** you, I'm not gonna tuck my shirt in, you can't make me,'" Charles Lloyd said.

"That boy struck my son in the eye and broke his glasses -- he had a history of behavior issues," he alleged.

Christopher Lloyd was arrested last month and charged with sexually assaulting a woman he knew at her home in Hammond, his father said.

According to Lake County, Ind., court documents, he held a pillow over the woman's face while sexually assaulting her Sept. 14 and had previously threatened her with a knife.

Lloyd, who's being held in lieu of $110,000 bail, faces up to 20 years behind bars if convicted of rape, criminal deviate conduct, criminal confinement and sexual battery, said Diane Poulton, spokeswoman for Lake County's prosecutor.

A lawsuit filed by his ex-wife, Nicole McKinney, last summer alleges he gunned down her new husband Cornel McKinney in front of their children outside their home on the 6100 block of South Langley Avenue on Feb. 17, 2008.

A Robbins police officer at the time, Lloyd was suspended following the shooting but eventually found work with Dolton police in January, his father said.

Though an autopsy shows he shot McKinney 24 times, the lawsuit alleges, he was not charged because Chicago police accepted his explanation that he'd acted in self defense.

Chicago police spokesman Veejay Zala said details of the investigation into McKinney's death could not immediately be found Thursday, but McKinney's attorney, Rahsaan Gordon, said the latest series of allegations against Lloyd showed he shouldn't have been employed as a police officer.

"At some point, people in positions of power need to protect the public," Gordon said. "You have to ask why he was hired."

Lewis denied any impropriety in Lloyd's hiring, saying that the Indiana rape case was "not my problem" and that he hadn't heard of Lloyd until the incident at the Academy was brought to his attention last week. Lloyd was terminated following the incident, Lewis said on Wednesday.

Dolton Police Chief Robert Fox declined to comment, citing pending lawsuits.

--Kim Janssen and Jeremy Gorner

# # #

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 04:16:07 PM »

Here's that mean monster of a kid who had "all the control to defuse the situation," according to Guest. His nose is still swollen from having been broken in the incident:

I went back thru the previous post and no one said he was a mean monster.  He was a kid who wasn’t doing what he was told and started cursing at a police officer.  The other kids around him see that it is easy to disregard the police protection around him and make fun of the cops thereby making the school unsafe without any authority.

Here's a YouTube clip of that mean monster of a kid not complying with the rules, and inciting that poor cop into instilling order
    Again I went back thru the previous post and no one said the kid was a monster.  You make this up because your argument is weak and you need to add dialog that isn’t there.  The poor cop is well able to protect himself as we can see, so you are wring there.
    What the video shows is the kid ignoring the police thereby showing the rest of the students that they have no power or effect within the school.  This is what gives bullies the power they need to intimidate the other students when they show them that the police cant do anything and are powerless to protect  the weak kids in the school.

with a potentially lethal "face-down take-down" restraint (illegal in 4 states due to an unacceptably high mortality rate)
    Which means it is legal in 46 states which translates into 92% of the people agree with this type of restraint.

. Was it a second, or a half-second, before the cop attacked him and smashed him into the wall?

He walked halfway down the hallway.  Enough time for the bully to show the rest of the school that he is in charge and if they dont listen to him and show him some respect then they are going to be next and the police dont have the balls or authority to stop him or make the other kids feel safe.

It seems the kid got a wake up call and he wont be bullying anyone there anymore.  This isn’t your A/B student who just misunderstood the rules (we all know this).  It is all about power and if you give it to the bullies then the rule the roust and many other kids end up getting hurt.

Now how many want to bet he sues the school, gets some cash and fucks up his life and ends up on fornits victims list.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 04:55:05 PM »
    LOL... how pathetic. Language I quoted from Guest, whose identity now seems quite obvious, I duly put quotes around.

Nice attempt at obfuscating the obvious, namely that your response to this news piece has been nothing more than a knee-jerk reaction with zero research, and a transparent attempt to smear anyone opposed to unnecessary restraints.

Quote from: "Rob Jamison"
    Quote from: "Ursus"
    with a potentially lethal "face-down take-down" restraint (illegal in 4 states due to an unacceptably high mortality rate)
    Which means it is legal in 46 states which translates into 92% of the people agree with this type of restraint.
    Wrong. Again, appalling lack of logic. Absence of one thing does not imply nor translate into its opposite.

Plus, there's a typo on my part. This type of restraint is illegal in eight states, not 4.

. Was it a second, or a half-second, before the cop attacked him and smashed him into the wall?
    He walked halfway down the hallway. Enough time for the bully to show the rest of the school that he is in charge and if they dont listen to him and show him some respect then they are going to be next and the police dont have the balls or authority to stop him or make the other kids feel safe.
    I didn't see that kid bullying anyone. I saw a cop physically assaulting that kid. From behind. Within a second or two after verbally accosting him. There wasn't even enough time for that kid to tuck his shirt in, before he got slammed into a wall of lockers, and thence onto the floor face down.

Do explain: What do dress code violations have to do with safety concerns?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    Caught on Tape: Cop Beats Special Needs Student On Camera
    « Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 05:04:20 PM »
    CBS News
    Caught on Tape: Cop Beats Special Needs Student On Camera
    October 7, 2009 10:35 AM
    Posted by Edecio Martinez

Photo: Security cameras captured the beating of a 15-year-old Special Education student by a police officer.
    (CBS 2 Chicago)

DOLTON, Ill. (CBS2) A 15-year-old special education student was walking down a hallway at school when he says a police officer grabbed him and threw him to the ground. The teenager says he was beaten and nearly suffocated and much of it was caught on tape.

The teen told his story to CBS 2 Chicago reporter Dave Savini.

Security cameras captured the beating of Marshawn Pitts, who says the officer started shouting and swearing at him because his shirt wasn't tucked in.

"I was tucking my shirt in," Pitts said.

But it's what happened next that had Marshawn Pitts worried for his life. Pitts says the officer came at him suddenly.

"It was just like boom," Pitts said.

He says he was blindsided by the officer, thrown into lockers and struck repeatedly.

In the video, you can see that he gets slammed to the ground and his face smashed into the floor. His nose was broken. Pitts says he was bleeding.

"All this on the outside of my mouth was busted," he said.

He calls this treatment violent and unnecessary, especially considering he was attending the Academy for Learning High School in Dolton for students like him with Special Education needs.

When he was younger, he suffered a brain injury and now has a learning disability. The school for special needs was supposed to help him and understand his situation.

"Yeah, but instead I got beaten on by police," Pitts said.

The officer in question was a Dolton police officer, and the hold he used on Pitts can be a dangerous one.

"The officer was in his face because he didn't have his shirt tucked in," said Pitts' attorney Ed Manzke. "That's the officer put in that school to protect these kids, and instead of doing that, this officer is literally assaulting this kid."

Zena Naiditch of Equip for Equality, a legal advocacy group that fights for the rights of people with disabilities, looked at the video and said the type of physical restraint used by the officer has killed students.

"It's called a face-down take-down, and kids and adults often die because they can't breathe," Naiditch said.

A Government Accounting Office report released in May, just one day before the officer's use of the hold on Pitts, found face-down take-downs led to at least 20 deaths nationwide.

Currently eight states prohibit the use of this hold. Illinois is not one of them.

"So we don't actually know how common these incidents are, and that's outrageous," Naiditch said.

Pitts says he was terrified and begged the officer to stop.

"I couldn't breathe,'" Pitts said. "I was like, 'let me up.'"

Naiditch says it shouldn't have happened.

"He's getting a beating, and he's getting a beating on an issue that has nothing to do with danger, it has to do with dress code," Naiditch said.

No one from the Academy of Learning in Dolton would talk to the Chicago station about the alleged abuse.

Marshawn Pitts's attorney Ed Manzke says he has transferred to another school and is planning to file a lawsuit. The State Board of Education says no one from the school reported the use of forceful restraint to them.

Story Contributed by CBS 2 Chicago Investigative Reporter, Dave Savini.

Copyright ©2009 CBS Interactive Inc.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 05:14:02 PM »
    LOL... how pathetic. Language I quoted from Guest, whose identity now seems quite obvious, I duly put quotes around.

I am sure you know who I am... show me where I said he was a mean monster”. why do you make this up?  There are only like 6 posts here and you are the only one who used those words.

Plus, there's a typo on my part. This type of restraint is illegal in eight states, not 4

See I understand this.  You can report this as 8 states finding it illegal.  But the reality is that 42 states have found this to be legal, which translates into 84% of the people believe it to be acceptable and legal.  Why not report the facts?

I didn't see that kid bullying anyone. I saw a cop physically assaulting that kid. Within a second or two after accosting him. There wasn't even enough time for that kid to tuck his shirt in, before he got slammed into the wall from behind.

We all know that it takes a nano second to process the information “tuck in your shirt”... you can stop and say no... you can stop and explain that you are late for class.. you can stop and talk....  but this kid took the power position because the other kids were watching him and he wanted to make his point that he was in charge (not the idiot police who cant protect anyone).  He wanted to say to the other student watching: " I am in charge and if you want to feel safe then listen to what I tell you"..  ( not the police)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 05:35:35 PM »
    I am sure you know who I am... show me where I said he was a mean monster”. why do you make this up?  There are only like 6 posts here and you are the only one who used those words.
    What exactly is your problem? I never attributed this language to you. It is called sarcasm!

Why accuse people of things they are not guilty of, unless to draw attention away from facts you find embarrassing. Which might be...?

Again: language directly from you, I put quotation marks around or into a quote box.

The rest of your post is not even worth responding to. Better luck next time!  :D

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 05:58:22 PM »
    What exactly is your problem? I never attributed this language to you. It is called sarcasm!

Why accuse people of things they are not guilty of, unless to draw attention away from facts you find embarrassing. Which might be...?

Again: language directly from you, I put quotation marks around or into a quote box.

The rest of your post is not even worth responding to. Better luck next time!  :D
    Exactly, so using "Mean Monster" (as sarcasm) is assuming the kid was walking innocently to class (I didnt read that)...  It could have easily been (and most likely) a power play in front of the school to show who is boss..i.e.  listen to me because the cops have no power here.... they have no power over me, but I have power over you and when they are off duty I will own your asses.

Of course when he is face down he is going to be subservant and asking to be let up and cry out... even "Son of Sam" started to whimper when he was cuffed, every one does...its a natural reaction when you are totally held down without control.  It doesnt reveal or determine innocence or guilt.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 06:00:48 PM »
    Just for any parents out there reading this...  The "I think you know who I am" poster is John Reuben of "Saving Teens In Crisis" aka "TheWho" and "Whooter" here on Fornits.  

I just want to be perfectly clear with all parents that this man, John Reuben of STICC, approves of beating children senseless for not tucking their shirt in quickly enough.  He refers children to programs that handle kids like this routinely, every day.  They beat and abuse kids for often the most minor offense to the rules.  

They also have many people working in them, like this cop in the story, who turn out to be violent and deranged, often with deep criminal records and years of allegations of abuse.  John Reuben, of STICC, APPROVES OF THE METHODS USED BY THIS MURDERING, RAPIST COP AGAINST THIS CHILD.  

And his knee-jerk reaction to this extreme violence against a helpless special needs kid WITH BRAIN TRAUMA is to blame him for his own assault at the hands of a hardened rapist and murderer because the RAPIST/BATTERER/MURDERER wears the program uniform.

Beware, parents, of John Reuben and STICC, because your kid could end up dead, like John's own son, Michael.

John, you are one sick and disturbed bastard to say these things.  And worse yet...you believe everything you said.
    The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
    **********************************************************************************************************
    "Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 06:35:03 PM »
    I forgot to add that he is also being investigated for the 911 attacks where he is thought to have had 2 of the people flying in the planes, that awful day, over for dinner.  He had solicited funding for Aspen Education programs from them and their checks cleared just prior to the last plane crashing into the pentagon.  So we all know this is a conspiracy and the poster is a rapist and murderer. Please disregard his posts and know that Aspen Education is behind all the problems in America today.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 07:03:18 PM »

ZEIG HEIL!!! :ftard:  :ftard:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 07:07:04 PM »

Here's that mean monster of a kid who had "all the control to defuse the situation," according to Guest. His nose is still swollen from having been broken in the incident:

I went back thru the previous post and no one said he was a mean monster.  He was a kid who wasn’t doing what he was told and started cursing at a police officer.  The other kids around him see that it is easy to disregard the police protection around him and make fun of the cops thereby making the school unsafe without any authority.

Here's a YouTube clip of that mean monster of a kid not complying with the rules, and inciting that poor cop into instilling order
    Again I went back thru the previous post and no one said the kid was a monster.  You make this up because your argument is weak and you need to add dialog that isn’t there.  The poor cop is well able to protect himself as we can see, so you are wring there.
    What the video shows is the kid ignoring the police thereby showing the rest of the students that they have no power or effect within the school.  This is what gives bullies the power they need to intimidate the other students when they show them that the police cant do anything and are powerless to protect  the weak kids in the school.

He walked halfway down the hallway.  Enough time for the bully to show the rest of the school that he is in charge and if they dont listen to him and show him some respect then they are going to be next and the police dont have the balls or authority to stop him or make the other kids feel safe.

It seems the kid got a wake up call and he wont be bullying anyone there anymore.  This isn’t your A/B student who just misunderstood the rules (we all know this).  It is all about power and if you give it to the bullies then the rule the roust and many other kids end up getting hurt.

Now how many want to bet he sues the school, gets some cash and fucks up his life and ends up on fornits victims list.

The "Rob Jamison" poster is believed to be John Reuben. He is quite definitely the poster who formerly posted as "the who.
    Info about "the who":
    http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=16007
    http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=27903

JR "placed" both his sons at extra-legal prisons, Academy at Swift River, Hidden Lake Academy, and SUWS wilderness programs. These extra-legal prisons are known to be torturous, and are / were both extensions of the cults  Synanon - CEDU.

[ Online documents establishing crimes of imprisonment, torture, brainwashing and the cultic connection of Synanon, Cedu, HLA, ASR:
    http://www.heal-online.org/hiddenlake.htm
    viewforum.php?f=41
    http://www.isaccorp.org/documentsam.asp#hla
    http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Bentz_Rudy_5878630.aspx -- (Rudy bentz, torturer, imprisoner, and killer at CEDU, "headmaster" of the cultic group posing as a school, hidden lake academy)
    http://liamscheff.com/daily/2008/05/02/ ... r-academy/ (rudy bentz, torturer, imprisoner, and killer at CEDU,  "headmaster" of the cultic group posing as a school academy at swift river)
    (More on bentz's torture and sexual abuse of detainees:)
    http://www.heal-online.org/cedu.htm
    (CEDU was started by kid killer Mel Wasserman, after being indoctrinated in torturing  kids at synanon:)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CEDU ]

Hidden Lake academy was the extra- legal prison that held one son. It was shuttered upon bankruptcy caused by lawsuits over its abusive and fraudulent practices.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_Lake_Academy
    http://www.isaccorp.org/hiddenlake/hlabankruptcy.pdf

Academy at Swift River, and SUWS wilderness programs were the extra legal prisons that held his other son, Michael. Michael killed himself after his "placement."
    http://www.heal-online.org/swiftriver.htm
    http://www.heal-online.org/childtortureusa.htm
    http://teenadvocatesusa.homestead.com/tribute1.html
    http://www.secretprisonsforteens.dk/US/Suws.htm

JR, currently refers to Aspen Education Group programs (the programs which tortured Michael prior to his self-destruction.) When "Rob Jamison" posted as "the who" he referred to AEG programs. He is a very, very vocal proponent of AEG.

Understand that he, a representative of Aspen Education Group, and referrer to AEG, believes the beating captured on video tape to be appropriate, and "the fault" of the kid.

This assaultive, sociopathic outlook, so utterly divorced from reality, is that one he, brings to his “placements” and understanding of "restraints," and practices within AEG programs.

His mentality is an inditement of the culture and behavior of employees of AEG.

His debauched mentality is, very possibly, a confusion influenced by  manipulations of the cultic family, CEDU, ASPEN education group (subsidiary of CRC health, bain capital), Synanon.

http://www.isaccorp.org/lifespring/life ... hology.pdf

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 07:39:18 PM »

Good point, I give the kid 2 years tops.