Author Topic: Do you think programs help troubled teens?  (Read 6966 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Do you think programs help troubled teens?
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2009, 02:35:39 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
I think I read somewhere that it was better than 9 out of 10 children were helped.  The ones who were not helped either left early or never applied themselves.

Right... "somewhere".  For a source for that very bold claim?  These numbers flying out of nowhere mean absolutely nothing without solid peer reviewed studies backing them up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2009, 03:25:01 PM »
Quote from: "Troubled teens"
I think programs help troubled teens.  There are many Fornits members who are not open to that school of thought.

Why are people responding to this thread at all?  It was clearly posted by a troll.  Rather than choosing a name and sticking with it, they post as Troubled Teens?  Come on!  This is obviously just a troll trying to post topics for their own amusement.  I'd rather see us discussing deaths, abuse and the latest news and keeping those topics on the top of the topic lists rather than feed in to these bozos and their blatantly fabricated topics.  

The opening post simply said the troll finds the programs useful and helpful and that members of Fornits don't.  Who cares?  Why would this be worth discussion?

Troubled Teens never posted again.  Instead he came back as Point Of View for his name to write a reply which included Point of View in his pro-program response.  Then he came back again with the name BCA to cheer lead for Boulder Creek Academy?  Come on people, why feed in to this?  This is obviously just one person posting pro-program topics.

This and other recent topics are clearly meant to distract from the real topics we should be discussing.  I say ignore them, don't reply to them and keep the topics on matters we think are actually worth discussing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2009, 03:44:02 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "Guest"
I think I read somewhere that it was better than 9 out of 10 children were helped.  The ones who were not helped either left early or never applied themselves.

Right... "somewhere".  For a source for that very bold claim?  These numbers flying out of nowhere mean absolutely nothing without solid peer reviewed studies backing them up.

Where are the numbers that suggest so many kids are being abused that all programs should be shuttered? Asking for information that doesn't exist doesn't help your argument, which obviously doesn't hold up to scrutiny very well. That's why you hem, and haw and weeve and dodge the fact  Programs save lives, a lot of them. Just because a few disgruntled students waste their time blogging on a website doesn't stop this either. The industry continues to save lives and you live in your dark basements in your parents house. I bet you are thinking you should of done better in the program right about now!!

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2009, 03:53:43 PM »
Quote from: "RMA Survivor"
Quote from: "Troubled teens"
I think programs help troubled teens.  There are many Fornits members who are not open to that school of thought.

Why are people responding to this thread at all?  It was clearly posted by a troll.  Rather than choosing a name and sticking with it, they post as Troubled Teens?  Come on!  This is obviously just a troll trying to post topics for their own amusement.  I'd rather see us discussing deaths, abuse and the latest news and keeping those topics on the top of the topic lists rather than feed in to these bozos and their blatantly fabricated topics.  

The opening post simply said the troll finds the programs useful and helpful and that members of Fornits don't.  Who cares?  Why would this be worth discussion?

Troubled Teens never posted again.  Instead he came back as Point Of View for his name to write a reply which included Point of View in his pro-program response.  Then he came back again with the name BCA to cheer lead for Boulder Creek Academy?  Come on people, why feed in to this?  This is obviously just one person posting pro-program topics.

This and other recent topics are clearly meant to distract from the real topics we should be discussing.  I say ignore them, don't reply to them and keep the topics on matters we think are actually worth discussing.

Offline Curious George

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2009, 06:32:23 PM »
"Hello,

I was reading this thread earlier. It is clear many of you still have anger towards abusive programs. CALO was established by professionals who have a record of helping troubled teens become successful in life. CALO graduates hold steady jobs, have good relationships with their parents and are drug/alcohol free. I am saddened by the anger you have towards staff that helped you.

Landon Kirk"

Well Landon, you were not help at all, you even actively denied help when needed.

You are all liars.  When your feet was held to the fire you all decided to refuse to help, withheld information, denied requests, skirted issues, pointed fingers like the cowards you are.  When asked the real hard questions, you provided no answers, and manipulated the truth.  Your trust of care is a slogan, no one in your managment lives up to the B.S. you sell to the parents.

To the other "guest" who stated "I'm not happy because CALO didn't abuse or punish enough"....then....as a CALO representative are you warranting that you do abuse and punish,  just not enough for my standards?

I've met some people at CALO that I think do care, but they are very low staff membersf and I can only name two.  I have not met anyone in CALOs upper management that cares about anything other than the cash flow or covering their own asses.

If you have proof CALO, publish it.  Because when I asked for it you couldn't cite even one case.

Explain that.

CG

Offline Curious George

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2009, 06:57:55 PM »
I don't think YOU get it.

"Pain in the ass teenager" shouldn't go the the programs, that is where discipline and consequences comes in.  Dangerous, drug addict, drug dealing, law breaking, property destructing, actively hurting-weaker-kids teenager" should go to program or to juvee.  Because these kids are out of control and whomever is raising them failed to to their job.

You all seem to think only the misunderstood rebellious youth with a chip on their shoulder goes to programs.  If your parents sent you there because you're a pain in the ass, your parents have some real issues which are beyond my comprehension.  I'm not putting them down, I just don't understand this impotent mentality.

If are a dangerous, teenage, in-the-making career criminal, then you need to get set straight, period.  If your parents can't do it and the program didn't do, then jail might,  if jail doesn't, then the individual who's child your harm next, or string out on drugs, or molest, definately will, and they won't care about the law.  When you are begging for your life, all your bullshit that you spew here won't matter will it?  If you don't believe in some form of higher being, I'll bet money you will in your last moment.

For some of you, choose well, your life will depend on it.  If you are as tough and smart as you claim to be, and from the much more "diverse" east or west coast, you should already know this.  For the misunderstood rebellious types, have as much fun as you want to, don't hurt no one, don't make drugs a lifestyle, grow up a little bit, in time you will learn what we know, and you'll make it just fine.

But, If you really want to help shut these useless places down, get off your ass and do something about it.

CG

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2009, 07:29:34 PM »
Quote from: "Curious George"
I don't think YOU get it.

"Pain in the ass teenager" shouldn't go the the programs, that is where discipline and consequences comes in.  Dangerous, drug addict, drug dealing, law breaking, property destructing, actively hurting-weaker-kids teenager" should go to program or to juvee.  Because these kids are out of control and whomever is raising them failed to to their job.

You all seem to think only the misunderstood rebellious youth with a chip on their shoulder goes to programs.  If your parents sent you there because you're a pain in the ass, your parents have some real issues which are beyond my comprehension.  I'm not putting them down, I just don't understand this impotent mentality.

If are a dangerous, teenage, in-the-making career criminal, then you need to get set straight, period.  If your parents can't do it and the program didn't do, then jail might,  if jail doesn't, then the individual who's child your harm next, or string out on drugs, or molest, definately will, and they won't care about the law.  When you are begging for your life, all your bullshit that you spew here won't matter will it?  If you don't believe in some form of higher being, I'll bet money you will in your last moment.

For some of you, choose well, your life will depend on it.  If you are as tough and smart as you claim to be, and from the much more "diverse" east or west coast, you should already know this.  For the misunderstood rebellious types, have as much fun as you want to, don't hurt no one, don't make drugs a lifestyle, grow up a little bit, in time you will learn what we know, and you'll make it just fine.

But, If you really want to help shut these useless places down, get off your ass and do something about it.

CG

:blabla:  :blabla:  :blabla:  :blabla:  :blabla:  :blabla:  :blabla:  :blabla:  :blabla:  :blabla: