Author Topic: 120 Day Withdrawal Notice  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
120 Day Withdrawal Notice
« on: August 18, 2003, 08:39:00 PM »
Can anyone explain why WWASPS went from a 60 day withdrawal notice, to a 90 day, to a 120 day?

Maybe they think they can screw you for 3 extra months after reality sets in and you recognize the mistake. What you should all really look at is having a lawyer read that contract. But, we are desperate and no time at the moment.  Take a moment now.

Welcome Huron and company.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline anon

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 09:41:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: KarenZ on 2003-10-17 16:48 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 10:38:00 PM »
Karen.  I'll tell you if my child was home on a pass, as yours is right now, I would turn my computer off for the full two weeks and give him my undivided attention and love and heart.  This board will still be here when he goes back.  :???:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2003, 10:44:00 PM »
On 2003-08-18 19:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Karen.  I'll tell you if my child was home on a pass, as yours is right now, I would turn my computer off for the full two weeks and give him my undivided attention and love and heart.  This board will still be here when he goes back.  :???: "

And where is your child? Is he/she getting your undivided attention?

Let's face it. If we are on this board as parents we probably have never been nominated for "mother/father of the year". We can agree or disagree on wwasp without stabbing each other in the heart. The one thing we all share is that we have had enough heartache.

Judy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2003, 10:47:00 PM »
karen, ignore that crazy anon poster. everyone knows that you cant be with your child 24/7. take time for yourself. you help so many people and i personally enjooy reading your posts. Erin

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2003, 10:54:00 PM »
On 2003-08-18 19:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

"karen, ignore that crazy anon poster. everyone knows that you cant be with your child 24/7. take time for yourself. you help so many people and i personally enjooy reading your posts. Erin"

:???:  :???:  :???:  :???:  :???:

Take some time for herself? How many weeks or months has it been since he's been home?  Yes, she can be with her child 24/7 on a home pass, if it's important.  It sure would be to me, those two weeks can fly by so fast, don't you think? Selfish is one thing, Selfless is another.  It's her choice to be here right now, I was just asking a question on what's more important.

Offline anon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2003, 09:59:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: KarenZ on 2003-10-17 16:49 ]

Offline spots

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2003, 10:25:00 AM »
What a wonderful synopsis of a normal teen's visit at home.  You are a much better parent than you thought because you realize that he's his own person, working into his niche in life.  He may have had some missteps, but sounds like he's finding his way all right.

Would that we all could talk about "hangin' out with friends", visiting family, seeing a good movie.  That will come, friends, that will come.  May we all toast marshmallows on WWASP's ashes soon.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2003, 01:48:00 PM »
Does this include drug testing after he comes home from visiting friends?

Offline MelissaR

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2003, 04:08:00 PM »
I would most certainly like to know what program allows your son to come home on a pass and visit with his friends... for all the research you do, Karen, either you're not making him follow the rules or he's wasting his time. You know the programs absolutely DO NOT allow their inmates on pass to visit with friends, either "working" or "nonworking".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2003, 04:14:00 PM »
Karen doesn't know her head from a hole in the ground.  Haven't you noticed?  

KAREN, get a life!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2003, 04:29:00 PM »
On 2003-08-19 07:25:00, spots wrote:

"What a wonderful synopsis of a normal teen's visit at home.  You are a much better parent than you thought because you realize that he's his own person, working into his niche in life.  He may have had some missteps, but sounds like he's finding his way all right.

Would that we all could talk about "hangin' out with friends", visiting family, seeing a good movie.  That will come, friends, that will come.  May we all toast marshmallows on WWASP's ashes soon."

Spots said it.  This would be a "normal" visit at home if it was a "normal" situation.  Is he not in a treatment program of some sort?  Have you given him more rope than he needs to hang himself? Most "home passes" are designed for the parent/teen to communicate on their issues that are still unresolved.  They're for setting up boundaries that fit within the family values, etc.,  If you aren't doing this now, are you waiting for him to return home for good and "hope" your boundaries are met, if you have any. None of these program "fix" the situation at home.  That is the job of parent/teen.  If this program encourages him not being at home and visiting friends that he previously was with, that's a new one from what I've researched. I suppose it's really none of my business, but I was just interested in what the purpose of this visit is.

Offline spots

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2003, 06:19:00 PM »
QUOTE: Most "home passes" are designed for the parent/teen to communicate on their issues that are still unresolved.  They're for setting up boundaries that fit within the family values, etc.,"  

If this is what you see as the main purpose in re-introducing your teen to your home family, you are doomed to fail. A visit home toward the end of your child's away-from-home session is for reuniting and carrying forward from here with a good attitude.  Little things, happy things, compromises on the part of all parties.  A good parent wants the child to become a good adult, not an obedient pet following all those boundaries.  That attitude may be what got you into this mess in the first place, Mrs. Anon.

You said it best yourself:
*** I suppose it's really none of my business***

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2003, 06:24:00 PM »
Who said it doesn't include the happy things?  Let Karen speak for herself, you have no experience of the purpose of a home pass, right?

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2003, 07:43:00 PM »
You Anons attacking Karen/defending your program of choice, said things like  ::soapbox:: :

Karen. I'll tell you if my child was home on a pass, as yours is right now, I would turn my computer off for the full two weeks and give him my undivided attention and love and heart. This board will still be here when he goes back.  

Is he not in a treatment program of some sort? Have you given him more rope than he needs to hang himself? Most "home passes" are designed for the parent/teen to communicate on their issues that are still unresolved.

Does this include drug testing after he comes home from visiting friends?

Pay attention- She SAID:
HE IS NO LONGER IN A PROGRAM. But the one I transferred him to was so different from what you think of as a program - the word hardly fits. HE WAS OFFERED THE OPPORTUNITY TO RETURN AS AN EMPLOYEE, and thats why HE IS LIVING OUT OF TOWN.

What about that did you not understand? Or did you just jump on the opportunity to slam Karen before engaging your brain.
Are you all choosing to be anon because you don't want to be embarrassed or accountable for your lack of attention to details and the stupid comments you make?
What is it the seminar asks? "How has that worked for you in the past?" Probably not well when your identity was known.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, read the thread at:
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?mo ... 9&start=10

I like Karen's idea- It'd be great if you anons would number off... anon1 anon2 anon3. Or pick a number, any old number.

As they say about Program Parents, more time and money than sense. And it's pretty obvious (by the hoards of you who descended upon us) that you all are getting worried about your gravy train. Dump your kid, and all you have to do is market the program. What a deal !!  How long til every kid in America will have had contact with some form of teen warehousing institution? It's a sad day.

Deborah
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700