Author Topic: DMCA demand from CALO  (Read 4353 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: DMCA demand from CALO
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 04:40:05 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
Hey.  I'm as confused as anybody else here.  How the hell would Ken get the name "Dan McGrath".

I just want to know who he is.  Staff, student, ex-staff, outsider?  Whi is Dan McGrath??
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 05:14:48 PM »
Who is John Galt?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 05:28:59 PM »
Hey.  I'm as confused as anybody else here.  How the hell would Ken get the name "Dan McGrath".

You should touch base via. telephone to see if this is legit.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 06:15:46 PM »
The treatment profiles are your independent works of fiction. On this we are in full agreement and I am glad you have acknowledged that. I do not contest your copyright on those documents.

However, if you honestly want to walk into a US courtroom and claim that you own a legal copyright to a list of real children, I dare you, no, I beseech you to please come and try that and we can see how things turn out. You might be holding them, but I absolutely will not permit you to claim that you own them.

Again, this counterclaim is for the list of the names, not the three documents.

Why didn't you claim to own the staff as well?

Dan McGrath
South Africa

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 06:27:17 PM »
Quote from: "well proxied"
The treatment profiles are your independent works of fiction. On this we are in full agreement and I am glad you have acknowledged that. I do not contest your copyright on those documents.

However, if you honestly want to walk into a US courtroom and claim that you own a legal copyright to a list of real children, I dare you, no, I beseech you to please come and try that and we can see how things turn out. You might be holding them, but I absolutely will not permit you to claim that you own them.

I'm not sure if this counts as a valid counterclaim.  Research and email me a valid DMCA counterclaim and that will give CALO 14 days to respond.  If they do not file a lawsuit within 14 days, the list will be restored.  Since you've already conceded the treatment profiles, they will not be restored.

Also, Keep in mind that I have no way of verifying you as the original poster.  Your IP addresses don't match.  Here is how the counterclaim process works:

http://www.chillingeffects.org/dmca512/faq.cgi#QID132

See the part about what a proper counter-claim requires:

* The subscriber's name, address, phone number and physical or electronic signature [512(g)(3)(A)]
    * Identification of the material and its location before removal [512(g)(3)(B)]
    * A statement under penalty of perjury that the material was removed by mistake or misidentification [512(g)(3)(C)]
    * Subscriber consent to local federal court jurisdiction, or if overseas, to an appropriate judicial body. [512(g)(3)(D)]

That's an interesting question.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 07:05:10 PM »
Man, can I try and influence you to flip that on it's head and do it backwards?

Let me pause here and reiterate that I claim no authority to tell you what to do and wouldn't want it. In fact, having spent too much of my early life in association with a totalitarian cult, I'm somewhat allergic the the very scent of control and coercion. This is just a personal appeal.

I also do NOT wish to know who you are. Sure, it's sort of fun to speculate so long as it's just that. But as long as I don't know and shouldn't reasonably know then I cannot be compelled to tell anybody. I like that a lot! :nods:   So I hope you're as strong minded as you are provocative and will not ever give in to the temptation to name-fag.

Here's the thing, though. The only thing about your original posts that I found really disturbing was the names of these kids being published in this context. Personally, if my name were on that list I'd have dropped to my knees and sucked your dick on sight I would have been so grateful. But that's just me. My best coping tactic has always been to just really, truly, in the extreme not give a flyin' run at a rollin' donut what anybody thinks of me. But people have different ways of dealing with things. I know of a few kids and adults who have been seriously emotionally hurt and also materially injured just by having their names turn up in association with programs. And I agree that that's nowhere near the worst of what has already or could happen to them. But still, you think these people need even another ounce of grief?

The content of those treatment reports, on the other hand, minus the names and faces are another story. From what I've been able to gather so far (and that's not saying much as my time and tolerance for this issue has been severely limited lately) CALO has a reputation for being a kinder, gentler mindfuck. Some of the factual details as well as linguistic cues and other clues contained in those reports give lie to that take on things. That part, I think, is worth discussing and will not come back on these kids on down the road. Not only that but Huey actually seems like a very sincere sort of fellow. That means that to some degree he may be open to reason and, if not, easily debunked as yet another sadistic lunatic posing as a champion of lost souls.

I'd rather see the reports, and more of them, without the personal identifying information if it's all the same to you.

But I guess that depends on what your objective really is. I'm not a very trusting soul (uh, did I mention that I spent some time held captive and tortured under the guise of "therapy?")

It may be you just want to bring some critical attention to CALO
May be personal vindication
May be one or more of those kids are special to you and you're trying to shame the family into pulling them out
May be you just want to try and bait me and Mike into fucking up so badly that Fornits blinks out of existance
Or may be it's all for the lulz
Something else?
I don't know, you tell me, please.

Oh, btw, no one claimed ownership of the people named in that list, just of the created content. I ain't no copyright lawyer nor judge so I can't say if that's legit or not or if you're having acquired the data by whatever means or publishing it was legal or not. Just sayin' the argument missed the target by about 3 zip codes.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 07:07:59 PM »

Is this a court order? Doesn't this have to go to court before one can obtain an order?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 07:11:50 PM »

I'm not sure if this counts as a valid counterclaim.  Research and email me a valid DMCA counterclaim and that will give CALO 14 days to respond.  If they do not file a lawsuit within 14 days, the list will be restored.  Since you've already conceded the treatment profiles, they will not be restored.

Also, Keep in mind that I have no way of verifying you as the original poster.  Your IP addresses don't match.  Here is how the counterclaim process works:

http://www.chillingeffects.org/dmca512/faq.cgi#QID132

See the part about what a proper counter-claim requires:

* The subscriber's name, address, phone number and physical or electronic signature [512(g)(3)(A)]
    * Identification of the material and its location before removal [512(g)(3)(B)]
    * A statement under penalty of perjury that the material was removed by mistake or misidentification [512(g)(3)(C)]
    * Subscriber consent to local federal court jurisdiction, or if overseas, to an appropriate judicial body. [512(g)(3)(D)]

That's an interesting question.

what if someone else posts the names and profiles? They are still availaible through cache.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 07:29:53 PM »
Of course I don't have the same IP address. I don't even know what my IP address is right now.

The lot of you are so bloody determined not to leave their names online because of "privacy concerns", as if their privacy wasn't being violated on a regular basis right this moment, that I suppose I will bow not to Ken Huey's laughable demands but rather to social pressure. Of course I can't control what others may do. By now, everyone with any sense and any willingness to use it for its proper purpose, that being contacting the parents to persuade them to release their children from this nightmare, has already saved a copy of everything.

Not only that but Huey actually seems like a very sincere sort of fellow.

You haven't been reading his email. You also apparently haven't been paying attention to what's been posted here regarding CALO. The man is as sincere as a pack of vipers and an infantilist pedophile. If you believe a single word he tells you about any topic, you are a fool. If Ken Huey tells you it will rain, leave your umbrella at home.

This will be my last post. Any future posts by "well proxied" are someone else and not me. Now someone else gets a go.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 07:35:25 PM »
Of course I don't have the same IP address. I don't even know what my IP address is right now.

The lot of you are so bloody determined not to leave their names online because of "privacy concerns", as if their privacy wasn't being violated on a regular basis right this moment, that I suppose I will bow not to Ken Huey's laughable demands but rather to social pressure. Of course I can't control what others may do. By now, everyone with any sense and any willingness to use it for its proper purpose, that being contacting the parents to persuade them to release their children from this nightmare, has already saved a copy of everything.

You haven't been reading his email. You also apparently haven't been paying attention to what's been posted here regarding CALO. The man is as sincere as a pack of vipers and an infantilist pedophile. If you believe a single word he tells you about any topic, you are a fool. If Ken Huey tells you it will rain, leave your umbrella at home.

This will be my last post. Any future posts by "well proxied" are someone else and not me. Now someone else gets a go.

The pressure is not coming from everyone, well proxied. Just a couple of people, and, perhaps, largely of CYA. I LOVE me some Antigen and Psy, but I couldn't disagree more that these prisoners should have their names remain up, for a variety of reasons.

Thanks for trying to help these victims and  who knows how long the names will stay down, or if they will appear through-out the internet.

There was a guy niles who used to post here, and people like him, who really are quite capable with proxies and not afraid of anything and this sort of thing is up their alley. It will be interesting to see how this transpires.

Again, thank you.

The satan's lawyer person is a troll. "Who" I am guessing. don't let him bother you

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 07:36:40 PM »

Do you know the names of these kids parents' these would be helpful. it is hard to track the parents down.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2009, 07:45:01 PM »
Do you know the names of these kids parents' these would be helpful.

I'm pretty sure he would have posted them if he did. One "mother" has already been prospectively identified.

We'll miss you WP. (if you really believe he's gone, which I don't)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2009, 07:45:28 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
I LOVE me some Antigen and Psy, but I couldn't disagree more that these prisoners should have their names remain up, for a variety of reasons.
I appreciate it and I might agree in part, but it's not our choice and it's completely out of our hands. We can't fight the DMCA.  IF you wish to try to reform that POS legislation, here's a start:

http://www.anti-dmca.org/

Also see EFF.org and chillingeffects
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline SatansLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2009, 07:48:01 PM »
(if you really believe he's gone, which I don't)
Oh he's gone.  He failed in his mission to incite legal action between CALO and Fornits.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2009, 07:48:37 PM »
I LOVE me some Antigen and Psy, but I couldn't disagree more that these prisoners should have their names remain up, for a variety of reasons.
I appreciate it and I might agree in part, but it's not our choice and it's completely out of our hands. We can't fight the DMCA.  IF you wish to try to reform that POS legislation, here's a start:

http://www.anti-dmca.org/

Also see EFF.org and chillingeffects

There was a court "ruling" on this, then? It was not just a "lawyer letter" demanding something?