Author Topic: WWASPS Success Rate 97.4%  (Read 3962 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASPS Success Rate 97.4%
« on: August 14, 2003, 12:10:00 PM »
Come on Betsy, bring it on.

What OUTSIDE or third party did WWASPS hire to determine this rating?  In house doesn't count, it seems it is far from objective.  You know who they hired? Of course you don't, because they didn't hire any outside satistical firm for a FACTUAL survey. Please, you can't count Randy Cooks little email survey as credible.  Well, I guess WWASPS does.

So until you name the objective firm that was hired to determine this success rate, get off your high horse there is NO success rate.  The operative word is objective.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 12:33:00 PM »
http://www.purerebuttal.com/Satisfaction.pdf

Looks like this poster didn't read that it's not a "success rate" but a "parent satisfaction rate"

Maybe that would be a question for the Wall firm?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 01:08:00 PM »
thanks betsy for leading us to pure again. that dated rebuttal is getting old, the success rate stays a constant. oh sorry parent satisfaction rate. you are right there is a slight difference so answer the quesiton, who is the 3rd party firm that did this rating?

what woudl a pr firm know about this? are they hiring a firm that dose satistics? pr is public relations not surveys. pr is to make them look good, sure htey will use the ken kay randy cook method.

spots is right on. hope you post the story here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 01:50:00 PM »
Quoted from WWASP letter:

"Our high parent satisfaction rate is further evidenced by the fact that we received 1,344 Letters of Appreciation from parents during 2001 and 1,739 Letters of Appreciation from parents during 2002."

What they left out is the fact that one of the seminar homework assignments is to write a letter of appreciation to your child's school, or to WWASP, or to your Family Rep or to all of the above.

So let's recap: There is no independent research that confirms the "satisfation rate" and one of the seminar requirements is to write a letter to the program telling them how wonderful they are. Talk about manipulative....

Judy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 03:24:00 PM »
Thanks Judy. Imagine the people when they are tired exhausted etc. from the seminar and then they need to write a letter of appreciation to the program. Write whatever and go to bed.   A great article about the seminars is Breaking the Vow of Secrecy. I think it was on the Intrepidnet site. Can anyone find it for us. I read it a year or so ago.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2003, 04:16:00 PM »
Judy - First, I'm not Betsy -  I attended all the seminars, staffed all the seminars and unless requiring parents to write a "satisfaction" letter has started in the past couple of weeks, you have just confirmed you have not attended.

As far as the vow of secrecy, it's not a secret seminar voodooing everyone into submission to say whatever they tell you say.  Get a grip!

The purpose of not sharing the processes with those that have not attended is it would spoil it for them, plain and simple.  The seminars are public and many, many people that don't have a kid in a wwasps school program attend for their own personal growth.  It's not about the program and if you ever attended you would know that. Maybe it's time????

I personally received a phone call from someone around 6 months after graduation and then around 2 years later.  From what I remember, the first was satisfaction, the second was success and included talking with my daughter. They could have been from wwasps, but it seemed like they were from an outside company.   I don't know what the success rate is for graduates, but from all the grads I know, it's probably pretty high. The numbers aren't important to me personally.

But, hey, don't take my word for it.  I only have about 4 years of experience.

By the way, I won't post my e-mail address here, for obvious reasons.  Nothing I say will change your minds, and that's okay.  I clicked on the link to this site when I was looking for something related. I find myself wanting to defend my experience...but won't go there.

Darlene

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2003, 06:14:00 PM »
On 2003-08-14 13:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Judy - First, I'm not Betsy -

Darlene - You may want to read my post again. You seem to be attributing comments to me that were not made by me. I said nothing to or about Betsy, nor did I mention any secret seminar voodoo.

I attended all the seminars, staffed all the seminars and unless requiring parents to write a "satisfaction" letter has started in the past couple of weeks, you have just confirmed you have not attended.

I attended Discovery in Concord, California in July of 2000, Bill was facilitator; Focus also in Concord in September of 2000, Lou was facilitator; Visions in San Diego November-December 2000, and as you know Barbara was the facilitator since she is the only one who facilitates Visions. I also staffed Discovery with Bill and Focus with Joyce in the Spring of 2001. I attended Parent Weekend at TB in July 2001 with Jan facilitating. In my Discovery seminar we were all given sheets of stationary to write letters of appreciation and were instructed to give them to the staffers and they would be sent collectively to the programs. I also handed out stationary at the Discovery seminar that I staffed for the same purpose and heard the same instructions. I still have my notes from the Focus I staffed and the following is on one of my notecards "collect letters first, check child's name & facility name".

Tell me Darlene, how has denying truth worked for you in the past? How is it a reflection in your life? What is the pay off for you?  How does this show up in your life? What results have you created here by calling me a liar? My coaching to you is to take a BIG step left and trust others, Darlene.

As far as the vow of secrecy, it's not a secret seminar voodooing everyone into submission to say whatever they tell you say.  Get a grip!

The purpose of not sharing the processes with those that have not attended is it would spoil it for them, plain and simple.  The seminars are public and many, many people that don't have a kid in a wwasps school program attend for their own personal growth.  It's not about the program and if you ever attended you would know that. Maybe it's time????

I personally received a phone call from someone around 6 months after graduation and then around 2 years later.  From what I remember, the first was satisfaction, the second was success and included talking with my daughter. They could have been from wwasps, but it seemed like they were from an outside company.   I don't know what the success rate is for graduates, but from all the grads I know, it's probably pretty high. The numbers aren't important to me personally.

But, hey, don't take my word for it.  I only have about 4 years of experience.

By the way, I won't post my e-mail address here, for obvious reasons.  Nothing I say will change your minds, and that's okay.  I clicked on the link to this site when I was looking for something related. I find myself wanting to defend my experience...but won't go there.

Darlene

"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2003, 06:15:00 PM »
Forgot to sign my name to previous comments.

Judy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2003, 07:03:00 PM »
He said/ she said??

Did it ever occur to either one of you that you're both telling the truth?  

Betsy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2003, 07:08:00 PM »
:???:  Guess I'll read some of the postings, but looks like I'm being credited with some posts I didn't make  :???:

In answer to your inquiry about the satisfaction rate - what does that have to do with me?  I don't think unless I'm a parent, graduate, employee or PR that information would be available to me.

Betsy

Offline anon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2003, 07:34:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2003, 07:39:00 PM »
Hell, Karen - just send them over to the PURE site - it's all there.  Looks like Judy is one of you, so why not ask her what they said.  Confrontational?  Hehehehehehe :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2003, 10:22:00 PM »
Thanks Karen. I think that article says it all.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2003, 12:20:00 AM »
On 2003-08-14 16:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hell, Karen - just send them over to the PURE site - it's all there.  Looks like Judy is one of you, so why not ask her what they said.  Confrontational?  Hehehehehehe :rofl:  "

Why don't you ask me directly instead of going through Karen?

Quote from page 16 of the TB parent manual:

"At times the seminar will seem confrontational and emotional, at other times, joyful and loving."

The TASKS Program Office uses the word "confrontational" and I think they would know.

Judy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2003, 02:35:00 AM »
Judy - There I go again jumping to conclusions.  Yep, I know better!  I just "assumed" that each seminar in the different areas had the same homework.  I was in LA and San Diego for the seminars and the letter writing to the schools has never been a part of this.

My response to the voodoo, etc., was something I had read on another post.  The confrontational part sounded negative from the poster. That was my filter.  Counselors are confrontational, the seminars are confrontational in a "get out of your comfort zone" way, but I don't view that as negative.  As you know, if it fits take a look at it, if not let it fly!"

How else does my jumping to conclusions show upin my life?  More often than I'm conscious of - that's for the feedback.

I don't use "My coaching to you is...., as i've learned that's not coaching in the true sense of the word, it's advice, so thanks for the advice.

Darlene