Author Topic: Healing from the conditioning  (Read 833 times)

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Healing from the conditioning
« on: April 10, 2009, 01:31:17 PM »
It has taken many years for some real healing to happen since I was in Straight some 20+ years ago. One of the biggest things for me was relationships. After being stripped away from my friends, my family, and my girlfriend, I was sent to a place where I could not sustain any kind of meaningful relationships.

During my stay at Straight, I can't remember all of the host homes I stayed in. I would get put in one I liked and would make an attempt to get close and the inevitable would always happen and there I would be sent to another, so it conditioned me to never try to get close to people even though that is one of the things I wanted more than anything. To love and be loved.

With my family, when I got back from Straight I was not the same person. When I went into Straight my relationship with my brothers and sister was pretty cool. I could drink a beer, hang out, and have some what a normal life. When I came back I was not the same person that I was when I went in. Something inside of me died. It made it easy for me to move hundreds of miles away from my family.

Straight was good at killing a person's self esteem as when I went to withdraw myself from the program, I was told by staff that no woman would want me and I would die on the streets or in prison. This affected me deeply as I would get involved with women, but I was never able to let myself get close.

Things have changed some in these areas of my life. I am able to sit and have a guilt free beer and not think I am a terrible person. I recently asked a very beautiful and sweet woman to marry me and she said yes. I have a good job. And I have a cool relationship with my siblings once again.

So in closing...... STRAIGHT was wrong about everything ....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
Re: Healing from the conditioning
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 08:34:25 AM »
Well said! The best revenge is living well. OBTW.....Fuck Um!

Much Healing
woof
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 10:56:19 AM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
Things have changed some in these areas of my life. I am able to sit and have a guilt free beer and not think I am a terrible person. I recently asked a very beautiful and sweet woman to marry me and she said yes. I have a good job. And I have a cool relationship with my siblings once again.

Congratulations, Botched!!  :cheers:
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 05:55:05 PM »
Congrats, Botched!  Once again, Straight's predictions have been proven to be a bunch of jive-ass propaganda.  Either that or I'm dead of an OD and just hallucinating all this shit in the afterlife.........