Author Topic: Monarch School Tim and Patrick  (Read 5679 times)

Offline workassignmentz

• View Profile
Monarch School Tim and Patrick
« on: February 26, 2009, 08:20:30 PM »
Hey, i'm new to this site.
I've been looking through the posts here and I can't find much on Monarch School and i was wondering if anyone here was familiar with the staff there or with the school itself, i spent about 15 months there before i was kicked out, being on countless 'programs' and dropped peer groups. In doing research it seems that the Monarch School is a complete mirror of CEDU and RMA down to the dorm names to the fireplace in the lodge where everyone meets for first and last light. Insights (propheets), Group (raps) but now there aren't any peer groups. Now detainees go through the program and there are set dates for insights and if the kid is 'ready' to move on they can go through Where the stay was 18 months on average now there's no telling how long they'll keep people there. It was bad enough when people would get dropped a peer group (or even two in at least one case) now it's up to Tim and the rest of the staff there to decide with a super qualified team of therapists (only one having a PhD). Not to mention somewhere between the time Tim Earle and Patrick left RMA Patrick Stambursky became Patrick McKenna. Strange?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Monarch School Tim and Patrick
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 08:43:01 PM »
I've heard of it but can't think of anything off-hand.

If you haven't already, check out these search results

http://www.google.com/search?q=monarch+ ... ornits.com
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 08:45:09 PM »
Does "Avatar" ring a bell?  Steve Rookey?  When were you there?
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline workassignmentz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 08:53:22 PM »
I was there from February 2006 to about about may 2007. I've looked into Steve's new program based on the avatar courses, it's crazy how these people can't stop the bullshit therapy scene. Steve was there the whole time I was there and all I can say is that he's a complete loose cannon, i can't even count the times he yelled at me over nothing. Steve's wife Elissa worked there while I was there too. I mean the man calls himself master of the universe and buried his daughter's placenta in his backyard and he even lived on campus at the monarch school.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 09:24:13 PM »
So they call "raps" groups?  They did at Benchamark as well.  What did they name the "insights"?  Did they retain the names of the original propheets or did they call them something else?  Same music, I assume?

Does "tell it all brother" ring a bell?

Offline workassignmentz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 10:18:47 PM »
the insights were Integrity(Truths), Innocence(Children), Unity(friends?), Dreams, Choices(I want to live), Will, the Will Night performance, Essence, Intellect vs. Essence, The Pinnacle. All of the music was the same. I only made it through Unity, then was dropped and had to go through innocence and unity again, then to go through Dreams and Choices and then to get kicked out.

I would hear staff say tell it all brother, the staff were just as mindfucked as the students, they would participate in 'men's groups' and 'women's groups' which was some bioenergetic stuff mixed with who knows what. it was a huge thing for a lot of the staff. did they do the one-on-one groups? at monarch there was this thing called Trust Counseling and it was only taught to older students and I guess it was like a one on one group or like the "my mother told me/my father told me" diad in the innocence/children insight.

I found one of the insight manuals one time (for Unity) and it was copyrighted to the monarch school.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 10:22:55 PM by workassignmentz »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 10:22:17 PM »
How did you manage to get kicked out?  Parents run out of money?  lol....

Offline workassignmentz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 10:26:50 PM »
I got dropped to another peer group for breaking all of the major agreements and wasn't 'doing my work in group' and 'keeping my stuff plumb and square' (tidy) and basically they wanted to make an example of me by kicking me out and getting my mother to send me to a lock down, though at the time I was rather brainwashed myself, i preferred the lockdown.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 11:08:22 PM »
Quote from: "workassignmentz"
I got dropped to another peer group for breaking all of the major agreements and wasn't 'doing my work in group' and 'keeping my stuff plumb and square' (tidy) and basically they wanted to make an example of me by kicking me out and getting my mother to send me to a lock down, though at the time I was rather brainwashed myself, i preferred the lockdown.

What was the lockdown?

Offline workassignmentz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 01:33:10 AM »
Gateway Academy in Draper Utah. I also went to Three Rivers Wilderness in Bozeman, Montana which was the least ridiculous place.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 10:38:43 PM »
Quote from: "workassignmentz"
Gateway Academy in Draper Utah. I also went to Three Rivers Wilderness in Bozeman, Montana which was the least ridiculous place.

poor guy. you should post your testimony here and with isac, heal, and cafety, caica (some dont like that one, i know) fica, anyone else?

You sound remarkably together despite it all,
soory about everything

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 02:29:20 PM »
Will, the Will Night performance, Essence, Intellect vs. Essence, The Pinnacle.

aka the values propheet, challenge night, the imagine, I & Me, and the Summit. (fka lifespring)

Fuck wow. They didn't change a fucking thing.

I personally knew both Stambusky and Rookey at RMA. Pat had just blown in from the running springs campus the week that I got there. I found them both to be lecherous windbags.

Dammit, I was hoping you might have known why Patrick did the name change. Us CEDON'Ts have been wondering what that was all about.

Feel free to post in the CEDU/Clones forum if  you'd like. Im sure there are plenty who would like to pick your brain.

And get this: Someone actually entered the term "snoach" into the urban dictionary, and inappropriately credited Monarch students for coming up with the term. WRONG! We did. (see avatar.)  Stop taking credit for our bug nickname, dammit.

You are also the second person I've encountered who has said they preferred lockdown. My little "sister" got pulled from RMA and was sent to Provo after I graduated, and she said it was much better.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 05:59:50 PM »
The  late 80's RMA term snoach was likely coined from:

- a roach looking wee beastie
- with snail like speeds.

* The term, of course infers pervasive and asskicking eau de applesmack.

** Equally notable is the fact that the snoach was relatively absent during the winter months.

*** Apparently the 'snowach' of MT thrives in winter climates and covets thy denim of levi pantaloonia.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 06:32:55 PM »
Quote from: "dishdutyfugitive"
The  late 80's RMA term snoach was likely coined from:

- a roach looking wee beastie
- with snail like speeds.

* The term, of course infers pervasive and asskicking eau de applesmack.

** Equally notable is the fact that the snoach was relatively absent during the winter months.

*** Apparently the 'snowach' of MT thrives in winter climates and covets thy denim of levi pantaloonia.

1. they do NOT look like roaches. Roaches are an entirely different order of arthropod. Snoaches (l.occidentalis) are true bugs. (heteroptera) Their wings possess features distinctive to their suborder, e.g. true bugs are the only arthropods whose wings actually overlap at the abdomen. They also have beaks, unlike roachies, who have bitey parts, and their antennae consist of four segments.
2. It is still uncertain why certain genera of coreidae move slow. It is speculated that it is a defense mechanism in that it is less likely to trigger an attack by a predator. (although I saw a wicked youtube video of a black widow nailing one in her web. It took her three bites to take it down. She must like sour food.)
3. They were absent during winter months because they hibernate. However, if the winter is particularly warm, they will not go into stasis and will wobble around.
4. Could be that they might like denim pants (with or without people inside), but they prefer leaf litter or houses. One thing I have noticed is that they do tend to be (for lack of a more clinical word) "friendly". ("Oh hai. How ru?")

Have you learned nothing from my entomology thread, dish? :P

Other things you probably didn't want to know about:

1. At some point when I get work again, I'm getting a tattoo of one on my calf
2. I have several dead specimens of its cousin (l.clypealis) in my freezer, and even though they are dead... they still smell a teeny bit.

Offline sek

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 01:17:41 PM »
Fuck the politically minded, here's something I want to say,
About the state of nation, the way it treats us today.
At school they give you shit, drop you in the pit,
You try, you try, you try to get out, but you can't because they've fucked you about.
Then you're a prime example of how they must not be,
This is just a sample of what they've done to you and me.

Do they owe us a living?
Of course they do, of course they do.
Owe us a living?
Owe us a living?
OF COURSE THEY FUCKING DO.

Don't want me anymore, cos I threw it on the floor.
Used to call me sweet thing, I'm nobody's plaything,
And now that I am different, 'd love to bust my head,
You'd love to see me cop-out, 'd love to see me dead.

Do they owe us a living?
Owe us a living?
Owe us a living?

The living that is owed to me I'm never going to get,
They've buggered this old world up, up to their necks in dept.
They'd give you a lobotomy for something you ain't done,
They'll make you an epitomy of everything that's wrong.

Do they owe us a living?
Owe us a living?
Owe us a living?

Don't take any notice of what the public think,
They're so hyped up with T.V., they just don't want to think.
They'll use you as a target for demands and for advice,
When you don't want to hear it they'll say you're full of vice.

Do they owe us a living?
Owe us a living?
Owe us a living?

<3