Author Topic: Respect Camp--Secret WWASP torture gulag  (Read 5383 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Respect Camp--Secret WWASP torture gulag
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2009, 04:28:10 PM »
Quote from: "AtomicAnt"
Once again, obedience does not equal respect. Control does not equal discipline. They don't want to teach kids discipline and respect. They want to control them and teach them obedience.

This philosophy is not just in programs, but has passed into the larger society and its schools. I cannot think of a worse time to grow up in this country. It's all I can do as a parent to teach my kid about civil rights and the pervasive injustices now practiced in our schools, work places, and government, I hate control freaks.
Well said.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Respect Camp--Secret WWASP torture gulag
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »
Quote from: "AtomicAnt"
Once again, obedience does not equal respect. Control does not equal discipline. They don't want to teach kids discipline and respect. They want to control them and teach them obedience.

This philosophy is not just in programs, but has passed into the larger society and its schools.

Well, that is the whole point of all this, isn't it? Some apparently feel that the U.S., not to mention the whole world, needs to be better controlled. The troubled teen industry merely represents a portion of those goals, dontcha think?

Think of this: "get them while they are young and easier to mold." Didn't Mel Wasserman say something to that effect when he started the switch from addiction communities to schools? I know Joe Gauld definitely had that in mind when he started Hyde School...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------