Author Topic: PLEASE HELP!  (Read 4340 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2009, 11:52:55 PM »
Quote from: "Martha"
i am the real Martha,i come here looking for help,you have to be a complete moron not to see my state of desperation and i am disrespected and mocked by more than one person and someone steals my identity and posts in my name!!!!

thank you to the people who responded in an appropiate manner.

i feel so lost right now,i wish i had the money to hire an educational consultant to guide me...
Educational consultants can get paid by the programs they refer to and they don't have to tell you (this is common practice, almost customary in this industry).  In that sense, you can't trust them or anybody who might be referring you to a program.  There is no guarantee with so called "IECA" members either, as that organization does not enforce (and has no way to enforce) it's "ethical guidelines".

I would recommend concentrating less on the drug usage and more on what is up with your son that is causing his erratic behavior.  A large part of growing up is being rebellious and doing crazy things.  I was rebellious and did crazy things when I was growing up, probably more so than your son, but I grew out of it eventually.  It's a teen's way of seperating from an adult and demonstrating independence.  There are healthy ways of doing that and there are unhealthy ways.  The key is not to force things, but provide opportunities for your son to express his independence in a healthy manner.  What are his interests?

In any case, do not panic!
You might want to check out and read this link:
http://www.peele.net/lib/panic.html

Drug use among teens is VERY common.  Out of those who use (or even abuse) drugs, very very few have the "problem" later in life.  The idea that drug use is a "progressive disease" is fallacious.  For the most part, it's often a coping mechism for an underlying issue.  Treating the symptom by enforcing an identity of "drug addict" does nothing but create a self fulfilling and self destructive prophecy.

A final note: please understand that this board is for the most part unmoderated.  This means anybody can post here.  Some are bitter at their parents who sent them to abusive programs and some are industry members trying to scare you out of here.  Anything is possible.  Fornits is a "biker bar".  Read here for a brief introduction to this forum:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=26332&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

If you find it difficult to talk here, or find yourself too offended, there are moderated sections of this forum where you can ask questions without fear of being attacked, such as the facilities questions and answers forum and the CAN forum.  There is also a moderated forum on this site where you can ask questions.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 02:18:21 AM »
If you cant afford an ed con what makes you think you'll be able to afford a good rehab?

Consider the times lady, the economy is tanking an so are these schools. They will charge you more for less these days simply because they bank on the fact that desperate parents who have money are so dead set on controlling/ changing/ helping/ punishing their child that they will do whatever it takes to send them away. Unfortunately, (especially in your case) there are parent who know there are significant dangers and many many reports of abuse and mistreatment and they FORCE this upon their children anyway.

I can understand the desperation that results from the fear that many parents have for their teen's future but that does not excuse them for ignoring the information available to them and choose to place their child in a private prison. Why is it so hard to keep their kids at home and do their best to raise them?? WHY has it become acceptable to send your kid to another state or country to let people you don't know raise your child for you?? How could that possibly be okay? because you hope that the ends justifies the means? Well the downside of that is that statistically, the ends screw up any possibility of achieving an agreeable means.

Your son will be fine. give him time, love and support. Do NOT send him to a program. I cant say this any nicer, and if you refuse to take that advice then I honestly hope you get scared off and never come back. WTF are you doing posting here anyway? This isn't a site that would ever offer you help in finding a program, WE ARE AN ANTI-PROGRAM SITE. Why is this not obvious to you? Either you are incredibly ignorant or you are just a troll. Either way I'm done wasting my time.
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2009, 08:08:49 AM »
Martha if you want to talk to a former program staff member about what goes on in a large nationally known program drop me a line. I can talk to you on skype or what not.

[email protected]

other than that I suggest you register so it becomes harder for people to pretend they are you.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 08:22:33 AM by Che Gookin »

Offline Miss Antsy Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2009, 08:12:12 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
You should see how bad Dylan turned out. Even his own mother can't stand him, because his mom is a BITCH.

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that I can't stand my son, but I understand that you only have a 40 watt bulb in a 100 watt socket, so I make exceptions for people like you.

Keep at it Kev.....maybe I have a few surprises in store for YOU...lol!  Never underestimate what a drug crazed, terrible parent, "Xanny Popin Pammy", is capable of...she is a lunatic!  :nods:  :ftard:

Please refer to my other post regarding my status as a BITCH - stand in line!  Don't like it much when you everyone just blows you off like a swatted fly, do ya?  
Go back & dance by yourself in your garage and save us all from your childish posts....then again, YOU DO provide entertainment value     :jamin:

Again..relevance to this thread????  :wall:
United we stand....divided....we fail!

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2009, 08:21:03 AM »
By acknowledging his presence you only encourage him.

Don't feed the trolls.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2009, 08:50:26 AM »
Couple of sites to look over.  I will paste you more later:
Dont jump into anything, look over fornits and some of the links I have provided and then click the last link when you feel you need more answers.
Good luck Martha

Home solution

Wilderness

Sample Program

Educational Consultants

Offline Miss Antsy Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2009, 09:00:38 AM »
Martha,

I , too, was the mother of a 15 year old son that "was going down a bad path" and made the decision to send him to one of these programs, Casa by the Sea.  This facility is now closed, but another one has opened in the same general area.  Although I pulled him after 60 days back in 2003, the damage had already been done.  Sending him to one of these schools/programs is a decision that I will regret for the rest of my life!

As suggested by the other poster, try and talk WITH your son...not AT him.  If you want to talk to a mother that was in a similar situation, feel free to send me an email with WWASP in the subject line to [email protected] and I will get in touch with you.  Posting too much info on these forums is not always a good idea.

I hope to hear from you.  Best of luck to you.
United we stand....divided....we fail!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2009, 09:11:24 AM »
Dont jump into anything, look over fornits and some of the links I have provided and then click the last link when you feel you need more answers.
Good luck Martha

Home solution

Wilderness

Sample Program

Educational Consultants

That first "Home Solutions" link is registered to someone out of Utah:
Domain name: PARENTTEENGUIDE.COM

Registrant Contact:
   Parent Teen Guide, LLC
   Todd O'Neil ()

Fax:
   947 North 1760 West
   Provo, UT 84604
   US

Administrative Contact:
   Parent Teen Guide, LLC
   Todd O'Neil ([email protected])
   +1.8015555555
   Fax: +1.8015555555
   947 North 1760 West
   Provo, UT 84604
   US

Name Servers:
   dns1.name-services.com
   dns2.name-services.com
   dns3.name-services.com
   dns4.name-services.com
   dns5.name-services.com

Creation date: 20 Feb 2004 22:29:19
Expiration date: 20 Feb 2009 22:29:19
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-s ... nguide.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2009, 09:25:36 AM »
Good luck Martha

Home solution

Wilderness

Sample Program

Educational Consultants

Martha, I tend to agree with "antsy Pam".  I wouldnt give out too much information on this unsecure website or contact anyone you do not know. Something we typically tell our kids but sometimes forget to heed to ourselves.  Check out the video on the 3rd link I provided (I really like their web site, they did a nice job).

I have 3 children myself and one thing we know as parents is that we cannot choose a parenting style that will insure a desired outcome.  We can only do the best we can and the rest is up to the child and sometimes they need more help then we can provide.  This is not a failure on your part, Martha, as you will see thru the links I have provided.
Look thru fornits and note the schools that are being talked about here.  (There are good and bad solutions).  Call "antsy Pam" if you feel comfortable (careful about giving out personal information to anyone, though).  Then when you are ready and would like more answers or speak with parents in similar situation as yourself just click on the last link I have provided and ask for KathyS or use refernce number 918C or 913C

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2009, 09:29:34 AM »
...And the wilderness program is Mountain Homes Youth Ranch... in Colarado, but started by and pretty much staffed by more Utah connections. Apparently this place is a real favorite as determined by Dr. Phil.

The sample program is Ironwood, in Maine. Probably not a place "KathyS" would send her own kids to, if she's smart.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2009, 09:30:48 AM »
Good luck Martha

Home solution

Wilderness

Sample Program

Educational Consultants

Martha.  Please ignore the vultures trying to sell you shit.  This type of thing is VERY common.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2009, 09:34:22 AM »
Quote from: "KathyS"
just click on the last link I have provided and ask for KathyS or use refernce number 918C or 913C

Seems real nice, doesn't it?  The reference number is so she can get her kickback for selling your kid.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2009, 09:37:34 AM »
Quote from: "KathyS"
Martha, I tend to agree with "antsy Pam".  I wouldnt give out too much information on this unsecure website or contact anyone you do not know. Something we typically tell our kids but sometimes forget to heed to ourselves.

LOL.  And yet she asks Martha to do just that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2009, 11:05:52 AM »
Martha, One way to recognize an unsecured site is one which tracks down your personal information and then posts it for others to see which can be extremely dangerous.  This can occur by just emailing someone also, so be careful about who you email or accept emails from.  You are better off corresponding thru a website which keeps your information private.
I posted information for you to review but fornits attempted to track down my personal information as you can see a few posts above this one, I didnt realize fornits was like that.  They can do this to you also since this site is unsecured.  If you enter any reputable site your identity is safe and there are built in procedures which keeps your identity private.  The links I provided are secure sites for you to visit.  You will see when you enter them there is no personal information of other visitors there.  I would be a little nervous about contacting anyone here on fornits.  I didn’t realize they did that here.

Type this into your Google bar directly instead of using the links I provided.  This will be safer http://www.educationalconsulting.org

KathyS

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2009, 11:16:31 AM »
Beware, the paranoids are watching you! ^^^  :deal:  ::poke::  :timeout: