Author Topic: Film on Aaron Bacon  (Read 11347 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Film on Aaron Bacon
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2008, 05:41:18 AM »
Quote from: "FGHSH"
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Quote from: "JDFGJ"
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
Heres how I see the parents and drugs issue.

These actions are nothing short of control issues and paranoia, not ignorance. the ignorance comes in AFTER they admit their kid into the program.

exactly. not everyone in the 90s sent their kids to a private prison. the ones that did were "special" types of people.

Bullshit.

And you are still loading the language.

Um, why are you negating the experience of 10, 000s of thousands of survivors? Can you cut the crap? If you were personally connected to people who sent their kids away in the 90s you would understand what I am saying

My brother got sent to Rocky Mountain Academy back in the 1990s and that compels me to disagree with you all the more.

Can you please stop attempting to appeal to my emotions along with loading the language?  Further, can you stop attempting to paint all parents with the same brush strokes? Because what you are doing is almost exactly the same as what programs do.

They label people and then treat them with their one sized fits all modality.

Not all parents sent their kids to programs because they were lazy, incompetent, or sadistic.

Not all parents sent their kids to programs because they were conned either.

Each and everyone of them had their own motivations driven by their individual circumstances. So drop the programmie mentality and at least give people the dignity of viewing them as individuals rather than your own one sized fits all "parents are all kidnapping incompetent douchebag" lens that from what I can tell is nothing more than you projecting your feelings about your own parents onto others.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2008, 05:47:37 AM »
Quote from: "FGHSH"
Quote from: "JDFGJ"
Heres how I see the parents and drugs issue.

These actions are nothing short of control issues and paranoia, not ignorance. the ignorance comes in AFTER they admit their kid into the program.

exactly. not everyone in the 90s sent their kids to a private prison. the ones that did were "special" types of people.

Bullshit.

And you are still loading the language.

Um, why are you negating the experience of 10, 000s of thousands of survivors? Can you cut the crap? If you were personally connected to people who sent their kids away in the 90s you would understand what I am saying

My brother got sent to Rocky Mountain Academy back in the 1990s and that compels me to disagree with you all the more.

Can you please stop attempting to appeal to my emotions along with loading the language?  Further, can you stop attempting to paint all parents with the same brush strokes? Because what you are doing is almost exactly the same as what programs do.

They label people and then treat them with their one sized fits all modality.

Not all parents sent their kids to programs because they were lazy, incompetent, or sadistic.

Not all parents sent their kids to programs because they were conned either.

Each and everyone of them had their own motivations driven by their individual circumstances. So drop the programmie mentality and at least give people the dignity of viewing them as individuals rather than your own one sized fits all "parents are all kidnapping incompetent douchebag" lens that from what I can tell is nothing more than you projecting your feelings about your own parents onto others.

I am not trying to appeal to your feelings. Don't play internet psychiatrist with me. And didn't your mom sexually abuse or something? Aren't you always talking about how horrible your parents are? This isn't true now?

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2008, 07:44:11 AM »
To most people abducting and imprisoning another human being is unethical and evil. But abusive people don't understand that. Abusive people are overwhelmed by a darkness they imagine in their kids anger, control issues, self-centeredness. Theses character flaws drove them to have their kids abducted and imprisoned, not ignorance.
Sad, but true.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2008, 10:29:20 AM »
Quote from: "fgjdfj"
I am not trying to appeal to your feelings. Don't play internet psychiatrist with me. And didn't your mom sexually abuse or something? Aren't you always talking about how horrible your parents are? This isn't true now?

My parents weren't the ones who had my brother sent to RMA. Don't try to hide the fact that you've been playing judge, jury, and netshrink by labeling two people you've never met before as incompetent and abusive long before I suggested that you are projecting your own issues on others.

You've repeatedly loaded the language, you've repeatedly attempted to paint every single parent who has sent their kid to a program as evil.

This is not true.

At least attempt to not reduce yourself to program tactics. The one sized fits all style of black and white program thinking doesn't really work anywhere else but in a program.

Not all parents are incompetent evil monsters like you are making them out to be.

Not all parents are innocent either.

Each one has their own individual circumstances that you are ignoring.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2008, 02:00:18 PM »
This thread is serious business.  :on phone:

Offline Troubled Turd

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2008, 03:39:30 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
This thread is serious business.  :on phone:
No shit, sherlock!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2008, 06:17:55 PM »
Quote from: "fgjdfj"

My parents weren't the ones who had my brother sent to RMA. Don't try to hide the fact that you've been playing judge, jury, and netshrink by labeling two people you've never met before as incompetent and abusive long before I suggested that you are projecting your own issues on others.

You've repeatedly loaded the language, you've repeatedly attempted to paint every single parent who has sent their kid to a program as evil.

This is not true.

At least attempt to not reduce yourself to program tactics. The one sized fits all style of black and white program thinking doesn't really work anywhere else but in a program.

Not all parents are incompetent evil monsters like you are making them out to be.

Not all parents are innocent either.

Each one has their own individual circumstances that you are ignoring.

Your point was not every one has someone abducted and imprisoned because they are mentally ill, inadequate or negligent and you used your family as an example to prove that. But your family is, in fact, mentally ill, inadequate, abusive and negligent. What were the circumstances of your brother being sent away? Was he abducted and held against his will?

Having a human being abducted and imprisoned is an abusive, violent, criminal act. Raping a human being is an abusive, violent, criminal act. To a certain extent these acts can be blamed on culture, but ultimately in both cases the “cause” of the crime is mostly the individual’s personal moral and psychological inadequacy.

Stop bringing up “loaded language” and the like. I am not a program. If were going to play now-YOU’RE-the-program game, stop telling me to alter my natural way of speaking to fit the parameters you set, just like a program. And stop being so defensive. I've never said every single person who has their kids abducted and imprisoned is mentally ill, abusive or inadequate, but every one of them particpated in act of violence and abuse, and yes, the VAST majority of those who do so are led astray by their personal corruption, not ignorance.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2008, 08:57:22 PM »
dkla
Quote from: "Ursus"
Before people choose to go 'round 'n 'round dissing the Bacons, they should kindly watch this YouTube clip one more time. Robert Bacon spends practically half the air time chastising himself for that final and fatal decision. These people have paid more than enough. There are plenty more deserving targets out there for those of us who have bile enough to spare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDwanoycFcM

Moreover, might I bring up just how much influence a piece like this has in getting the word out re. what these hellholes are really all about? The Bacons could have chosen to keep their private hell private. Instead, they chose to go public with this, even fourteen years later, in the hopes that their testimony could make a difference in other families' lives. That says a LOT about where they are coming from.

that's true. remorse and acting on that remorse, that means a lot.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2008, 10:34:05 PM »
Aaron Bacon's mom is not your mom.

Stop projecting your issues with your mom onto his.

What's funny is that MY mother has nothing to do with this. My mom is honestly the sweetest most loving person I know and I really look up to her. My mom may have exhibited some signs of the "control issues" I spoke of, but honestly that doesn't make me hate her. Just the same I don't hate Aaron's parents either. My personal experience has nothing to do with the proven psychological issues of a society. My mom either could or could not be included in the group of people I am referring to (neither could the bacon's) however that is an irrelevant point as to why this common issue has surfaced in this particular situation. The fact that there are exceptions has always been taken into consideration. I never said ALL parents who have ever sent their kids were mentally ill and I especially don't believe mine was. However, I do believe this psychological issue is the root cause of tension between parents and their children, which in the worst cases leads to the unethical imprisonment of the child at the parent's request.

You have failed to see the difference between projecting issues and expressing an educated theory. Basically you are telling me you would prefer I don't share my opinions simply because you don't hold the same. It also sounds like you are defending program parents as a whole on the account that a few truly remorseful parents exist. Here's the thing, I have already said that remorse is something that will allow me to set aside my judgment and I encourage everyone else to forgive their parents at some point. HOWEVER I do not agree with the excuse that ALL parents are conned, because as I have seen in many parents that I have worked with, it is their control issues and lack of respect for their kids that cause them to seek out a program. Not to mention that most times this is the main issue that drives their kids to act out in the first place.

Case in point, I know a mother who is at this moment looking for a program (or military school) for her child. The problems in the family mostly stem from the parent's lack of patience, pride and control issues. You might assume at this point that its a 50/50... maybe the kids doing some things that he shouldn't be doing, why else would he be deserving of a program in his loving mother's eyes? This child is 8 years old, intelligent and well behaved there is nothing an 8 year old could possibly be doing to deserve a program. This parent is the problem, not the child. Now fast forward 8 more years of this torment and this kid will most likely have developed the problems this parent needs to see in order to back up her intentions she has always had to GET RID of her child. It's very unfair, but this is often how these stories play out.

BTW to the person who asked how I know about these things, and if I have raised children: YES not only have I worked with children since I got out of the program, but I have studied child care, psychology and social work extensively. I am in fact, currently working on my degree. I have also been a nanny to a family since the birth of both of their children and consider myself VERY involved with raising them. I also believe that I have been very successful in my approach to working with children, and even teens.
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2008, 10:55:36 PM »
exactly. not everyone in the 90s sent their kids to a private prison. the ones that did were "special" types of people. To most people abducting and imprisoning abother human being is unethical and evil. But abusive people don't understand that. Abusive people are overwhelmed by a darkness they imagine in their kids anger, control issues, self-centeredness. Theses character flaws drove them to have their kids abducted and imprisoned, not ignorence.

This contradicts your post below.

Quote from: "fjdj"

Stop bringing up “loaded language” and the like. I am not a program. If were going to play now-YOU’RE-the-program game, stop telling me to alter my natural way of speaking to fit the parameters you set, just like a program. And stop being so defensive. I've never said every single person who has their kids abducted and imprisoned is mentally ill, abusive or inadequate, but every one of them particpated in act of violence and abuse, and yes, the VAST majority of those who do so are led astray by their personal corruption, not ignorance.

Not all parents who send their kids to programs are incompetent or corrupt.

Not all are innocent in their motives either.

What I've done is pointed out that not everyone fits in single set stereotype. Claiming all parents who send their kids to programs are abusive and acting on their personal corruption is placing them within that stereotype.

so again in case you missed it:

Not all parents are incompetent boobs who are evil blood sucking villians.

Neither are all parents innocent in their motivations to palm kids off an programs.

I can repeat it for you a few times if it helps.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2008, 11:03:53 PM »
HOWEVER I do not agree with the excuse that ALL parents are conned.

We both agree.
Pleasure doing business with you.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2008, 11:18:02 PM »
Che did you even read my post?... I agree with you NOT ALL parents are abusive and corrupt. However that argument is invalid because no one stated that ALL parents are subject to this judgment. Just in my opinion, a parent who would send their child to a program for smoking weed and lol being seen in the same parking lot as some alleged gang members.

Do you seriously only have one argument, let alone a complete lack of an intelligent one?

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2008, 11:19:23 PM »
HOWEVER I do not agree with the excuse that ALL parents are conned.

We both agree.
Pleasure doing business with you.

lol ok.

but your still an asshole.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2008, 12:55:32 AM »
exactly. not everyone in the 90s sent their kids to a private prison. the ones that did were "special" types of people. To most people abducting and imprisoning abother human being is unethical and evil. But abusive people don't understand that. Abusive people are overwhelmed by a darkness they imagine in their kids anger, control issues, self-centeredness. Theses character flaws drove them to have their kids abducted and imprisoned, not ignorence.

What I've done is pointed out that not everyone fits in single set stereotype. Claiming all parents who send their kids to programs are abusive and acting on their personal corruption is placing them within that stereotype.

Neither are all parents innocent in their motivations to palm kids off an programs.

It doesn't contradict what I am saying. I am saying it’s parents’ abusiveness, mental illness and lack of boundaries that motivate them, not ignorance. Yes, I am making a generality when I say that, and there are exceptions, but this is the rule.  The rule applies to parents in the 90s, 80s, 70s, 60s, and 50s as well as to parents today. To have a human being, your own progeny, abducted, often by other teenagers, and dragged away in the night requires intense abusive tendencies. It takes a pathological sense of dominion over another. The willingness to have those abductors hold that human captive, sometimes for years upon years, in some isolated locale takes, at the very least, a criminal and gross negligence and disinterest in the welfare of the child, and in all likelihood, a unstated desire to punish, hurt, control, or get rid of the kid’s burden at any cost to the kid.

Abusive parents don't walk around saying "i abuse my kid." They truly believe their kid is especially bad. Modern psychology unfortunately supplies them a plethora of acronyms to attach to their kid to better justify their abusive, unrealistic sense their kid is bad. They won’t even say that their kid is “bad” because that would reflect poorly on them; they’ll say their kid is troubled. That way, their demonizing, unrealistic, abusive viewpoint about their kid is socially acceptable, as are their abusive ways. Having a kid abducted and imprisoned is an extension the terrorization, cruelty, and disrespect for privacy that goes along with being an abusive parent

Whether or not a parent has actual physical proof the person the pay to imprison their offspring torments them in addition to the torment they approve of is secondary.

I am not saying that the Bacons are bad people; they have remorse, they understand what they did was wrong, but the tendencies that led them to have their kid abducted and imprisoned…because he got beaten up (talk about blaming the victim!) are dark tendencies and should be recognized as such.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2008, 05:27:15 AM »
Quote from: "hggdk"

It doesn't contradict what I am saying. I am saying it’s parents’ abusiveness, mental illness and lack of boundaries that motivate them, not ignorance. Yes, I am making a generality when I say that, and there are exceptions, but this is the rule.  The rule applies to parents in the 90s, 80s, 70s, 60s, and 50s as well as to parents today. To have a human being, your own progeny, abducted, often by other teenagers, and dragged away in the night requires intense abusive tendencies. It takes a pathological sense of dominion over another. The willingness to have those abductors hold that human captive, sometimes for years upon years, in some isolated locale takes, at the very least, a criminal and gross negligence and disinterest in the welfare of the child, and in all likelihood, a unstated desire to punish, hurt, control, or get rid of the kid’s burden at any cost to the kid.

Abusive parents don't walk around saying "i abuse my kid." They truly believe their kid is especially bad. Modern psychology unfortunately supplies them a plethora of acronyms to attach to their kid to better justify their abusive, unrealistic sense their kid is bad. They won’t even say that their kid is “bad” because that would reflect poorly on them; they’ll say their kid is troubled. That way, their demonizing, unrealistic, abusive viewpoint about their kid is socially acceptable, as are their abusive ways. Having a kid abducted and imprisoned is an extension the terrorization, cruelty, and disrespect for privacy that goes along with being an abusive parent

Whether or not a parent has actual physical proof the person the pay to imprison their offspring torments them in addition to the torment they approve of is secondary.

I am not saying that the Bacons are bad people; they have remorse, they understand what they did was wrong, but the tendencies that led them to have their kid abducted and imprisoned…because he got beaten up (talk about blaming the victim!) are dark tendencies and should be recognized as such.

Still talking out of your ass are you? The only tendencies the Bacon's acted on was the one called, "I love my child and therefore i felt compelled to help him," and not some sick fucked up dark psychobabble bullshit you are spewing.

Also.. you are still loading your language. Tsk tsk.

Poor form.