Author Topic: The Who offers to auction off his account for fornits!  (Read 28265 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: My Little Pickle Love Song
« Reply #165 on: October 08, 2008, 04:55:28 PM »
Quote from: "Deprogrammed"

WHO,
Regardless of WHAT the kid(s) have done.....program staff must maintain their professional bearing(s) at all times. This is the reason why they are called and supposed to be "PROFESSIONALS". The sad thing is this, MR. WHO; in a great many of the "PROGRAMS" across the UNITED STATES there are some who are "COUNSELING" children that do not have degrees or any formal training, and then there are many that also do have formal training and degrees....The ones that are not formally trained more than likely are not professionals, and the ones that do have the training/degree do not always act like professionals like they are supposed to be. Integrity, know- how, personal morals, among a few other things is what makes one a professional.

P.S. Miller Newton is and was NEVER a professional, I assure you. He never was in any, way ,shape or form
-DP

I agree with you on this one,Depro
There are a couple of ways, that I can see, to deal with this.  One is to educate parents to insure their child is being seen by a professional (therapist).  Another is to push for more regulation which would require verification and follow-up and to standardize hiring/personnel requirements.
I think a third would be a site like fornits, but the information is so biased and painted with such a broad brush that there is no distinction between programs which provide licensed therapists and those that do not, programs with good track records vs those with poor ones.
But a site that could provide parents with some honest information would be invaluable and could help alleviate some of these issues.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2008, 05:27:35 PM »
Quote from: "TheWho"
Quote from: "Deprogrammed"

WHO,
Regardless of WHAT the kid(s) have done.....program staff must maintain their professional bearing(s) at all times. This is the reason why they are called and supposed to be "PROFESSIONALS". The sad thing is this, MR. WHO; in a great many of the "PROGRAMS" across the UNITED STATES there are some who are "COUNSELING" children that do not have degrees or any formal training, and then there are many that also do have formal training and degrees....The ones that are not formally trained more than likely are not professionals, and the ones that do have the training/degree do not always act like professionals like they are supposed to be. Integrity, know- how, personal morals, among a few other things is what makes one a professional.

P.S. Miller Newton is and was NEVER a professional, I assure you. He never was in any, way ,shape or form
-DP

I agree with you on this one,Depro
There are a couple of ways, that I can see, to deal with this.  One is to educate parents to insure their child is being seen by a professional (therapist).  Another is to push for more regulation which would require verification and follow-up and to standardize hiring/personnel requirements.
I think a third would be a site like fornits, but the information is so biased and painted with such a broad brush that there is no distinction between programs which provide licensed therapists and those that do not, programs with good track records vs those with poor ones.
But a site that could provide parents with some honest information would be invaluable and could help alleviate some of these issues.

You lying dick.  You were arguing with someone on another thread about program counselors with only GED's.  You thought it was ok to only have a GED, ok to not even have a GED.

Get rid of this fucking guy, his marketing strategy here is more annoying than any infomercial or telemarketer.

Re: TheWho
« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2008, 05:55:32 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"

ADMINISTRATORS, YOU STOPPED IMAGE POSTING EVEN BECAUSE OF "OVERWHELMING DEMAND" STOP THIS SPAM!!

And I, personally, think that was a mistake. I'm a lot more inclined to restore image posting cause it's just such a barrier to creative expression to have that disabled. There have been a few times I've wanted put a little extra time into an illustrated post since then. Oh well, I'll think on it. But I'm not going to go around deleting posts only to come back and find the fora flooded with bickering over my new censorship policy. And it's still absolutely out of the question to throw any barrier against truly anonymous posting, such as those that have come out of program LANs in the past.

« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2008, 06:06:14 PM »
If admins just deleted his posts at random, even once a day, he'd eventually see the futility in his efforts here and give up.

If programs can censor and control, so can Fornits. Don't try it with that same ol' bullshit about taking the 'high road' or whatever. That shit only goes so far in the real world. Just shut the fuck up and delete his posts. It's called guerilla warfare, you cunts. It worked in the Revolutionary War and it can fucking well work here! Every time you see one of his asinine posts and you feel like it, delete it. Simple, problem solved. Shut him down for good and let's move on to more interesting topics -- or, are you windbags here so fucking shallow and desperate for material that you need this duplicitous program schmuck to spur 'conversation' day in, day out?'

So you believe there are special cases where censorship and control over other peoples communication is warranted.  
Interesting, who gets to decide?

Doesn't anyone here notice the sudden difference in prose styling?
Isn't it odd this difference happens after the who decides to "auction off" his account?

So, you think the old who got burnt out marketing here, and this person is a stand-in? This who sounds younger, somehow...What do you guys think?

And, boo to administration for making us put up with this. I volunteer to delete this asshole's posts. Or, How bout we make a no-derailing thread with pro-program “information” rule, and any time that happens the post is deleted?

Then the "more kids die in public schools, so programs are great," "no program has been proved abusive so programs are medically valid," and the "with each kid that’s murdered more data points for improving programs are collected and since so may data points exist, you can be sure of the safety of programs” arguments can be consigned to 3 separate threads, and conversation can continue around them

Any takers?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: The Who offers to auction off his account for fornits!
« Reply #169 on: October 08, 2008, 06:11:02 PM »
You lying dick. You were arguing with someone on another thread about program counselors with only GED's. You thought it was ok to only have a GED, ok to not even have a GED.

Get rid of this fucking guy, his marketing strategy here is more annoying than any infomercial or telemarketer.        

Go back and read for comprehension this time.    There is nothing wrong with hiring someone with/wo a GED.  But you  don’t want him to be your therapist Ha,Ha,Ha  what the hell is the matter with you?  The guy could man the phones at night maybe... there are plenty of jobs people can do without a degree.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 08, 2008, 06:18:36 PM »
Quote from: "dasd"
Doesn't anyone here notice the sudden difference in prose styling?
Isn't it odd this difference happens after the who decides to "auction off" his account?

So, you think the old who got burnt out marketing here, and this person is a stand-in? This who sounds younger, somehow...What do you guys think?

And, boo to administration for making us put up with this. I volunteer to delete this asshole's posts. Or, How bout we make a no-derailing thread with pro-program “information” rule, and any time that happens the post is deleted?

Just for balance :   How about we make a no-derailing thread with anti-program “information” rule, and any time that happens the post is deleted?

Then the "more kids die in public schools, so programs are great," "no program has been proved abusive so programs are medically valid," and the "with each kid that’s murdered more data points for improving programs are collected and since so may data points exist, you can be sure of the safety of programs” arguments can be consigned to 3 separate threads, and conversation can continue around them

I can go along with that as long as it is balanced out with no talk like “programs are abusive”, “they brainwash people”,   “kids get murdered in them”  etc. without showing some statistics to back their claims otherwise they need to be deleted or moved to a dedicated thread for anti-program spam.

Any takers?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #171 on: October 08, 2008, 06:20:27 PM »
If programs can censor and control, so can Fornits.

And we become the dragon that we set out to slay.

:wall:

I guess you've trolled your way out of your offer then, Whooter?

Good Lord!

I had sort of hoped for a good natured charity donation behind this, but  it seems the kool-aid contingent has taken to the bullhorn strategy yet again. Whatever the topic, whether it's philosopy, legal facts or the logistics of keeping a useful resource around, here come the ass clowns to blather their own line of bullshit and shout everybody down.

Next!

How about a photoshop contest? Submit your best photoshop effort at satirizing, pillorying or praising your favorite Fornits personalities (or favorite ones to hate) for consideration. We'll do a poll for a buck a vote and the winning artist gets their art on the next Fornits Zazzle offering and half the poll tax.

Proceeds go to cover hosting service. I think we have about $50 to go to cover it for the upcoming year and they're running a special on some nifty shit that Psy would like to have.

Hell, even if nobody pays the poll tax to vote it'll still be fun and we may make something on merchandising.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 08, 2008, 06:20:52 PM »
Quote from: "DISGUSTED"
If admins just deleted his posts at random, even once a day, he'd eventually see the futility in his efforts here and give up.

If programs can censor and control, so can Fornits. Don't try it with that same ol' bullshit about taking the 'high road' or whatever. That shit only goes so far in the real world. Just shut the fuck up and delete his posts. It's called guerilla warfare, you cunts. It worked in the Revolutionary War and it can fucking well work here! Every time you see one of his asinine posts and you feel like it, delete it. Simple, problem solved. Shut him down for good and let's move on to more interesting topics -- or, are you windbags here so fucking shallow and desperate for material that you need this duplicitous program schmuck to spur 'conversation' day in, day out?'

YES, THANK YOU TO GOD. Its posts don't even make sense as responses to the last one. It sounds like a bot. It merely says the same thing over and over.
(kids are more likely to die in public schools..(this was disproved)...a program has never been proven abusive,(disproved) therefore it's effective (if something isn't proved effective its defacto ineffective, medically)

Its "arguments" have been voiced and responded to 100 times over. He just says the same thing over and over regardless of how the “discussion progresses” in an attempt to derail the thread or link to the studies which have disproved the effectiveness of programs,to confuse newcomers in the chance that no one bothers to  or proved kids are more likely to die in them, or have the same argument again and again.

ADMINISTRATORS, YOU STOPPED IMAGE POSTING EVEN BECAUSE OF "OVERWHELMING DEMAND" STOP THIS SPAM!!

Ha,Ha,Ha   Even I'll sign up to see those!!

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 08, 2008, 06:22:55 PM »

Any takers?
Yes, I like these ideas.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 08, 2008, 06:23:22 PM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
If programs can censor and control, so can Fornits.

:wall:

I guess you've trolled your way out of your offer then, Whooter?

Good Lord!

I had sort of hoped for a good natured charity donation behind this, but  it seems the kool-aid contingent has taken to the bullhorn strategy yet again. Whatever the topic, whether it's philosopy, legal facts or the logistics of keeping a useful resource around, here come the ass clowns to blather their own line of bullshit and shout everybody down.

Next!

How about a photoshop contest? Submit your best photoshop effort of satirizing, pillorying or praising your favorite Fornits personalities (or favorite ones to hate) for consideration. We'll do a poll for a buck a vote and the winning artist gets their art on the next Fornits Zazzle offering and half the poll tax.

What do you mean.... I thought we had $90 as a last bid.   My bags are packed.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 08, 2008, 06:25:29 PM »
No, 'we' don't. We don't support programs that abuse kids, we just delete bullshit posts on a message board; big difference.

« Reply #176 on: October 08, 2008, 06:33:14 PM »
No, 'we' don't. We don't support programs that abuse kids, we just delete bullshit posts on a message board; big difference.

exactly. Besides, we already can't post images..so we've already become the dragon anyway, by your definition..

Alternatively,
Can you set up a sticky which refutes  the who's bullshit, so regulars don't feel obliged to rengage in the same repetitive dance again and again.
He has only 3 lines of logic so we only need 3 responses set up in this sticky and we can simply link to it, or cut and paste from it, and then continue on.
Ginger, can we do that, huh, huh, can we, can we? Also, thewho withdrew his offer to auction himself off? Wha now? IS he posting from a new Ip all of a sudden, too?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 08, 2008, 06:40:29 PM »
Can you set up a sticky which refutes the who's bullshit, so regulars don't feel obliged to rengage in the same repetitive dance again and again.
He has only 3 lines of logic so we only need 3 responses set up in this sticky and we can simply link to it, or cut and paste from it, and then continue on.
Ginger, can we do that, huh, huh, can we, can we? Also, thewho withdrew his offer to auction himself off? Wha now? IS he posting from a new Ip all of a sudden, too?  

Maybe we can limit conversations to those which can only be supported thru long term clinical studies.  That way this mentality that “all” programs are abusive and ineffective can be neutralized.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #178 on: October 08, 2008, 06:45:27 PM »
There are a couple of ways, that I can see, to deal with this. One is to educate parents to insure their child is being seen by a professional (therapist). Another is to push for more regulation which would require verification and follow-up and to standardize hiring/personnel requirements.

Translation......

It takes a two pronged strategy to make this go poof as we've been doing for the past 3 decades or so. First, we give the target market a new set of buzz phrases; same basic slight of mind as how the vicious, evile sounding Sheiits became more the kinder, gentler sounding Shiia when the politicos decided to use them to fuck with other people instead of using them others to fuck with them. We have to use language and attitudes to shift the dialog from one of condemning the practice of brainwashing to one of regulating it.  At the same time, we must support all efforts to eviscerate said regulation of any meaningful provisions that might pose a real threat to the high holy art of brainwashing for power and profit.

It is absolutely necessary that we shift the dialog in this way away from any ideas of freedom of volition or personal autonomy. Look at how well it has worked to simply redefine terms like "personal responsibility" to mean "invoke force of law"! Remember, there is just no way to control people who are acting out of motives to preserved themselves, their families and their communities and countries of their own informed volition. Laws and regulations, though, shit! That just takes a little money and no conscience.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

« Reply #179 on: October 08, 2008, 06:47:21 PM »
Can you set up a sticky which refutes the who's bullshit, so regulars don't feel obliged to rengage in the same repetitive dance again and again.

Maybe we can limit conversations to those which can only be supported thru long term clinical studies.  That way this mentality that “all” programs are abusive and ineffective can be neutralized.

For the thousandth time, you evil shill, UNTIL a ritual or act has been PROVED effective as treatment in peer reviewed clinical trials, it is NOT medically accepted as effective. Othewise, raping Kirk Cameron would be a valid cancer cure as no one has DISPROVED specifically that raping Kirk Cameron cures cancer. Thusly, as of now, 2008, scientifically, medically speaking, NO PROGRAM IS EFFECTIVE.