Poll

Straight Survivors would benifit from a dedicated board, if made available.

Yes
18 (94.7%)
No
1 (5.3%)
Dont care
0 (0%)
Not a Survivor of Straight Inc.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 16, 2008, 05:51:55 PM

Author Topic: CEDU, AARC.....Oh...and Straight Inc.  (Read 3020 times)

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
Re: CEDU, AARC.....Oh...and Straight Inc.
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2008, 08:16:45 PM »
“You can't blame the members and guests who post AARC related material in AARC related threads for burial of less active Straight threads”

My wish is not to place blame any on anyone.

Regarding “less active” Straight threads. We all don’t have the pleasure to have immediate access to a computer. I run a business, 12+ hours a day, logistically and financially I haven’t the luxury to devote the time or thought required to compose as I once enjoyed. Posts that have depth and weight require time for thought, words chosen to convey a concept or a point that would understood by all who read it, take time and effort.

Some can plop a few words out on a keyboard, click post and be done with it. I am not one of those people. I do make an effort to use as few words as possible and the ones I write to have a much impact as possible.

I am similar in my lack of patience when I open a post, that doesn’t indicate in any way it is a “derivative” and has nothing to do with Straight Inc. at all. Again I have nothing against a “derivative”, no heat, no ill will, no worries. Just that it sucks wanting to go to a board for “Straight Inc.” and then hunt for threads because of “derivative” barrage of posts once I got to the site I still have listed as “Straight Survivors” as a favorite.

It is similar to finally being diagnosed with ADD…Another label, but at last it had a name and could be addressed. I was a member of the Straight Survivors board…silly as it sounds…I felt as if I belonged, I was something…a “survivor”… Now? Eh, yeah, went thru Straight Inc…oh by the way, here are the derivatives…it means less and less to me.

I don’t pretend to understand the complexities of the “behind the scenes” here at fornits, nor do I wish to know. Yet I find it odd that something like what is being discussed here is “not really possible to undo” and but later I read Benchmark and CEDU Boards can be merged. In fact “It should be merged” and apparently can be done rather quickly, presumably… easily.

Well, ‘powers that be’, will do what they will do, following the logic they follow. I guess I gotta remember it’s their sandbox and if I wanna play… gotta play by their rules.

Namaste
woof
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2008, 08:29:41 AM »
Quote from: "Woof-a-Doof"
In fact “It should be merged” and apparently can be done rather quickly, presumably… easily.

Yes, but the un-merging is what is impossible.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2008, 10:36:13 AM »
Well, I've found that by using enough duct tape and a sledgehammer, NOTHING is impossible!

HAHAHA   :moon:  damn, these emoticons are really funny sometimes  :smashcomp:

FD

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
smash it up
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2008, 10:50:47 AM »
Quote from: "Froddy's Dingleberry"
Well, I've found that by using enough duct tape and a sledgehammer, NOTHING is impossible!
:D

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008, 02:31:01 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
http://fornits.com/SIBS

:D  :D  :D
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2008, 12:28:36 PM »
“A Mom” said

“I’m assuming other straight survivors would realize that straight related material could be accessed here. No? Those looking for AARC may not. If anything those seeking AARC info stand to LOSE by not seeing it directly in the title.

It is a possibility that whoever posted that would like to see the AARC threads less visible to the average viewer and possibly not linked to Straight & derivatives at all.

If the Straight survivor would like straight only threads here then he/she should create some or post in existing ones.

Post it - and they will read!”

Interesting… Straight Inc. survivors will know to find Straight Inc related material here; after all it is in the title of the message board. It is also true that those looking for AARC may not. It is also true that other seeking AARC info stand to loose by not seeing it directly in the title.

Although the words are not the same, it would appear to me that “A Mom” and myself are in an agreement. AARC and Straight Inc. survivors both loose because of the hodgepodge we now find ourselves in with the blending of “Straight Inc and its Derivatives”.

“A Mom” said:

“If the Straight Inc. survivors would like only Straight threads here, then he/she should create some or post in existing ones”

Well, aside from the defiant tone, as I perceived the words. It does sound like a memo from the Dept. of the Obvious.

Perhaps it would serve us well to add a prefix to the title of a post: (Authored buy a Straight Inc. Survivor) or (Authored buy a AARC Survivor) or (Authored by a CEDU Survivor). It seems cumbersome for the author of a post…but is it any more of a pain in the ass to wait for a page to load, read half thru the post to find that it has nothing to do with Straight Inc. and involves no one a Straight Inc. Survivor is familiar with? Perhaps a small cutesy icon could be made to indicate where an author hails from. Just some way to indicate the mind set the author is coming from…a Straight Inc. perspective, a CEDU perspective or an AARC perspective.

It has been said in this thread…a discussion was brought up…a vote was held and changes were made. And that Un-doing changes was “not really possible”. Which I don’t doubt would be difficult and time consuming to do…”but not really possible”? The folks behind the scenes are no undoubtedly talented, dedicated and are passionate about this site, and I could not imagine a week goes by that they are feeling overwhelmed with one issue or another. I congratulate their efforts! They provide for all of us a tremendous service and I deeply appreciate all their efforts and the space they provide for us!
I just want a home on-line where I can be with folks that directly experienced what I went thru as a child. I am not discounting or trivializing any others experience. I am not denying the incarceration, coercion, abuse, and neglect that took place in other warehouses (under different names) and the horror endured by so many. A tremendous injustice devastated countless lives under the guise of “treatment”/”therapy” and my ultimate favorite…”out of love”

I am not an activist per se…I have attended protests. I have carried signs at protests, (still have one in the trunk of the car), I have handed out literature and I have told my experience to many people at tributes to Mel Sembler (held annually…really, how self centered does a guy got to be…. or is it to fund his wife’s pet project…the holocaust museum…the irony kills me)

Point being: Straight Inc. is my focus…gawd, it’s my experience, my history and much to my chagrin the epicenter of many of my own personal issues I employ to this date. I don’t write often, nor do I write without reason. I add my two cents when moved to do so. Same goes for posting a new thread, when compelled to do so I will set aside the time, gather my thoughts for a period of time…. an hour, a week, how ever long it takes to find the words to articulate or to convey an insight or to ask a question…. which is a bitch to ask when ya haven’t the words that really wraps around my questions.

I digress…

I consider this a moot thread. My mom used to say, “Ya can’t fight city hall”. I walk away from this thread not angry or with any animosity. I appreciate and respect all who responded and even more to those who read silently. I asked many questions and clearly got an answer. My one shock is the number of votes in the poll. The devil really is in the details!

In Peace
woof
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right