Poll

Straight Survivors would benifit from a dedicated board, if made available.

Yes
18 (94.7%)
No
1 (5.3%)
Dont care
0 (0%)
Not a Survivor of Straight Inc.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 16, 2008, 05:51:55 PM

Author Topic: CEDU, AARC.....Oh...and Straight Inc.  (Read 3018 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: CEDU, AARC.....Oh...and Straight Inc.
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 07:54:48 PM »
Quote from: "AARC favors board integration"
You are doing AARC a favor by integrating their message board because it makes them appear to be less of a worry than when they had an entire section dedicated to themselves.

Oh. I disagree.  I think AARC isn't exactly fond of the new attention it's getting.  It deserves it, though.  Imagine what we could do in the states if Synanon never gained the influence it did in "treatment".  Canada has that opportunity, right now. If AARC isn't stopped, it will breed, as has happened in the United States.  Mark my words on that.  AARC will start a sister program, and so on and so forth.  Graduates will start their own clones, believing in their hearts that they have been given the one true gift of salvation from deadinsaneinjail.  It's bad enough to have one country where things are widely acceptable such as incarceration without due process, forced cult derived "treatment" that really isnt, etc...

Anyway...  It was Ginger's decision and there is really no way to switch it back at this point.  I believe she asked around before she did it and the response was in support.  Well.  Forever hold your peace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 08:43:11 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "AARC favors board integration"
You are doing AARC a favor by integrating their message board because it makes them appear to be less of a worry than when they had an entire section dedicated to themselves.

Oh. I disagree.  I think AARC isn't exactly fond of the new attention it's getting.  It deserves it, though.  Imagine what we could do in the states if Synanon never gained the influence it did in "treatment".  Canada has that opportunity, right now. If AARC isn't stopped, it will breed, as has happened in the United States.  Mark my words on that.  AARC will start a sister program, and so on and so forth.  Graduates will start their own clones, believing in their hearts that they have been given the one true gift of salvation from deadinsaneinjail.  It's bad enough to have one country where things are widely acceptable such as incarceration without due process, forced cult derived "treatment" that really isnt, etc...
http://fornits.com/SIBS

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 04:10:44 AM »
I fail to see how they are doing AARC a favor by mixing it in with the threads regarding similar programs.

AARC threads are appropriately placed here being a supposed derivative of Straight etc. If they outnumber the Straight threads then the survivors should create more or post recent comments in existing Straight threads.

You can't blame the members and guests who post AARC related material in AARC related threads for burial of less active Straight threads.

I don't see how AARC could be more similiar to Straight, Kids, Pathways, etc., if it had be built from a patented "Straight -Do-It-Yourself-Rehab-Kit"

The fact that Ajax is directly mentioned as monopolizing the board and limiting access to Straight threads makes me somewhat suspicious myself considering the board actually mentions Straight. Those looking for Straight will find it.
I'm assuming other straight survivors would realize that straight related material could be accessed here. No? Those looking for AARC may not. If anything those seeking AARC info stand to LOSE by not seeing it directly in the title.

It is a possibility that whoever posted that would like to see the AARC threads less visible to the average viewer and possibly not linked to Straight & derivatives at all.

If the Straight survivor would like straight only threads here then he/she should create some or post in existing ones.

Post it  - and they will read!

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 04:46:07 AM »
The thing I think AARC fears is other straight survivors getting interested in AARC (as has happened with KHK/PFC).  Wouldn't it be a tragedy if AARC suddenly started getting picketed.  Straight is dead in name only. It's still very much alive and well operating under other names and ownership.  Same shit, slightly different label.  Well...  Time to finish the job.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 06:32:42 AM »
The average distressed parent and the average corporate sponsor has zero knowledge of the controversy surrounding AARC and/or Kids, Straight, Seed, Synanon etc.

I'm sure the less publicity they receive the better..... Well for them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 10:43:55 AM »
Quote from: "change it back"
I ..........have been a long time admirer of the "I Just" thread.

You're welcome!  The "I just" thread is more than a mere bulletin board where WEEDheads gather to boast about the consumption of drugs, it is a symbol of freedom and successful resistance to the brainwashing and DEADINSANEINJAIL dogma that was drilled into us by the cretinous criminals that operated Straight, Inc.  The "I just" thread started as a mere troll, albeit a friendly one, and has evolved into a bit o' cyberia that serves as a beacon of hope, (as well as a bastion of defiance to program-types), inspiration, and freedom to all who participate, both directly by posting, and indirectly by reading, the celebration of the wisdom, liberty, and courage of those who defy the current powers that be that would intimidate and silence those of us who have befriended and benefitted from the beneficent WEED.  Thank you for your continued support and appreciation of what is now a symbol of resistance to the evil, stupidity, and foolishness of the drug war and fucked-up brainwashing centers.

From this reader's perspective I think the forums should be separated as they were. The AARC forum has become a troll fest, burying all the straight topics...and that's just one reason.

I agree entirely.  Give us back our goddamn Straight forum!

Again, this is not to dis those who were in a program other than Straight, hell, I understand and sympathize with those who have been affected by Straight spin-offs, but the merger of the fora has caused the dilution of all of them.....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 03:06:14 PM »
Well maybe each program or even each facility should have it's own sub-board under the general headline of Straight, Inc., and Derivatives.

Would it be difficult to implement?

I would actually love to see "AARC" on it's own as many people visiting here may not know to look under "Straight" for "AARC" or "CEDU" Or "insert youth facility here", but maybe a sub-boards is a good idea. They all really are the same. All it takes is one zealot running off and opening a new facility with the same shit, different name, and "slight modifications". Abuse is abuse, abuse in the name of treatment is still abuse.

*shrugs*

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
insub-boardinance
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 03:14:32 PM »
I hate sub-boards.  ::unhappy::

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 05:15:13 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Well maybe each program or even each facility should have it's own sub-board under the general headline of Straight, Inc., and Derivatives.

Would it be difficult to implement?

We had it that way but before, for various reasons that were debated (too spread out, confusing, not easily accessable, etc...), Ginger and I felt it was best to merge the subforums into the parent.. At this point, it's not really possible to undo it.

I would actually love to see "AARC" on it's own as many people visiting here may not know to look under "Straight" for "AARC" or "CEDU"

Well.  Cedu isn't Straight derived so it doesn't belong here, but you're right about AARC.  The forum description should probably be edited to include it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 08:31:29 PM »
Benchmark is derived from CEDU, but it still has its own forum.  Are all forums going to be combined like this from now on?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 09:11:56 PM »
Some programs are more closely related than others. I think of them as essentially a few branches of the same Synanon/LGAT family tree. Mel Wasserman's CEDU, Art Barker's Seed, Joe Ricci's Elan, David Wilkerson's Teen Challenge, Bill Meehan's Palmer Drug Rehabs and then there are the Rebecca/Roloff holy roller brands. When we pretend that they all have nothing to do with one another they have free reign to lobby and organize and it comes out looking something like this.

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase ... oid=627435

And this

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Story?id=2751785&page=1

Your tax dollars at work, folks.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2008, 07:36:28 AM »
Quote from: "Hrm"
Benchmark is derived from CEDU, but it still has its own forum.
Thanks for pointing that out.  You're right.  It should be merged.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2008, 03:13:57 PM »
Want me to do this later tonight?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2008, 03:53:28 PM »
That Florida boot camp death is dispicable.

Look at those guards. What wanna be - Navy Seal - inbred degenerates. Who signs up to be a teen prison guard?

And that fucking nurse with her hands on her hips. Big fat mouth breathing piece of crusty camel cornpie.

6 grown men to deal with a 14 year old?

- To protect and to serve?

- Hippocratic oath? My ass - nurse ratchet is more like it.

Guard: "We did not disregard the fact that he was in trouble as soon as it was recognized. We changed hats and went to a rescue mode,"

Rescue mode? Really? Clearly, you need to be rescued from yourself. Like every drone in your industry you bought the "tough love - boot camp" bullshit lock stock and barrel. Fuck, it probably gave you a big fat boner and a euphoric rush to be such a tough guy with a badge.

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2008, 01:09:46 PM »
Quote from: "Woof-a-Doof"
Just now....the first 8 out of the first 9 posts are about AARC…I don’t have anything against AARC survivors. I don’t wish any heat with AARC survivors. I realize that the board is now titled “Straight Inc. and its Derivatives”.  My question is; is there a board, other than yahoo, myspace… here on fornits that is totally devoted to Straight Inc Survivors?

To me, I understand the need to compare and discuss the various programs, their methodologies, their ideologies, the abuses, the time spent after the abuses…. But can’t Straight Inc. have it’s own board as we have had in the past that don’t involve CEDU, or AARC or another off shoot of Straight? It seemed to work before under the name, “Straight Survivors” (or something to that effect).

Perhaps I missed an announcement (I did check antigen’s Pssst it’s over here post…which was appreciated) Was there some reason why the Straight Inc. board was meshed with other organizations? Again, nothing against these good folk…and I don’t doubt a serious need for discourse about Straight Inc. and its derivatives. Does it have to consume digital real-estate once reserved for strictly (or seemingly so) Straight Survivors? Having mentioned real-estate….is it a financial issue that there can not be a board devoted to those of us that survived Straight Inc?

Again, I see the need for such comparisons between the two programs…and knowing the history of it all is in of itself notta bad thing. But is a dedicated space for Straight Inc Survivors to gather, really too much to ask?

I am grateful and oh so glad that this board has maintained thru its recent past…kudos to those that made it happen…I don’t wish to create heat or any negative kinda thing…Just a question, and (seemingly) small request.

Om Shanti
woof

Thank-you Woof, for expressing my very thoughts on this subject.  $tr8t survivors should have their own forum.  

I agree with Frod too when he says that the conversation was much richer(as pertains to $tr8 survivors)  when it was simply a $tr8 forum.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.