Poll

Straight Survivors would benifit from a dedicated board, if made available.

Yes
18 (94.7%)
No
1 (5.3%)
Dont care
0 (0%)
Not a Survivor of Straight Inc.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 16, 2008, 05:51:55 PM

Author Topic: CEDU, AARC.....Oh...and Straight Inc.  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
CEDU, AARC.....Oh...and Straight Inc.
« on: August 16, 2008, 05:51:55 PM »
Just now....the first 8 out of the first 9 posts are about AARC…I don’t have anything against AARC survivors. I don’t wish any heat with AARC survivors. I realize that the board is now titled “Straight Inc. and its Derivatives”.  My question is; is there a board, other than yahoo, myspace… here on fornits that is totally devoted to Straight Inc Survivors?

To me, I understand the need to compare and discuss the various programs, their methodologies, their ideologies, the abuses, the time spent after the abuses…. But can’t Straight Inc. have it’s own board as we have had in the past that don’t involve CEDU, or AARC or another off shoot of Straight? It seemed to work before under the name, “Straight Survivors” (or something to that effect).

Perhaps I missed an announcement (I did check antigen’s Pssst it’s over here post…which was appreciated) Was there some reason why the Straight Inc. board was meshed with other organizations? Again, nothing against these good folk…and I don’t doubt a serious need for discourse about Straight Inc. and its derivatives. Does it have to consume digital real-estate once reserved for strictly (or seemingly so) Straight Survivors? Having mentioned real-estate….is it a financial issue that there can not be a board devoted to those of us that survived Straight Inc?

Again, I see the need for such comparisons between the two programs…and knowing the history of it all is in of itself notta bad thing. But is a dedicated space for Straight Inc Survivors to gather, really too much to ask?

I am grateful and oh so glad that this board has maintained thru its recent past…kudos to those that made it happen…I don’t wish to create heat or any negative kinda thing…Just a question, and (seemingly) small request.

Om Shanti
woof
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: CEDU, AARC.....Oh...and Straight Inc.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 06:44:13 PM »
Quote from: "Woof-a-Doof"
Just now....the first 8 out of the first 9 posts are about AARC…I don’t have anything against AARC survivors. I don’t wish any heat with AARC survivors. I realize that the board is now titled “Straight Inc. and its Derivatives”.  My question is; is there a board, other than yahoo, myspace… here on fornits that is totally devoted to Straight Inc Survivors?

To me, I understand the need to compare and discuss the various programs, their methodologies, their ideologies, the abuses, the time spent after the abuses…. But can’t Straight Inc. have it’s own board as we have had in the past that don’t involve CEDU, or AARC or another off shoot of Straight? It seemed to work before under the name, “Straight Survivors” (or something to that effect).

Perhaps I missed an announcement (I did check antigen’s Pssst it’s over here post…which was appreciated) Was there some reason why the Straight Inc. board was meshed with other organizations? Again, nothing against these good folk…and I don’t doubt a serious need for discourse about Straight Inc. and its derivatives. Does it have to consume digital real-estate once reserved for strictly (or seemingly so) Straight Survivors? Having mentioned real-estate….is it a financial issue that there can not be a board devoted to those of us that survived Straight Inc?

Again, I see the need for such comparisons between the two programs…and knowing the history of it all is in of itself notta bad thing. But is a dedicated space for Straight Inc Survivors to gather, really too much to ask?

I am grateful and oh so glad that this board has maintained thru its recent past…kudos to those that made it happen…I don’t wish to create heat or any negative kinda thing…Just a question, and (seemingly) small request.

Om Shanti
woof

You can bump the threads back up that pertained to Straight.  There was a guy on here ,Ajax13, who was starting a bunch of new threads in an attempt to bury some direct questions he didnt want to answer.  so instead of answering them he would start a new thread in hopes the questions would go away.  I think he has calmed down now, so the flooding may not be an issue anymore.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 07:40:14 PM »
Well Woof, all I can tell you now is to listen to Dylan's tune and ride out the approaching hurricane in stride. Stay dry as I leave you with the last verse, as I believe it sums up things pretty well:

"The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'.
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'.

Copyright ©1963; Bob Dylan

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 03:34:12 AM »
Quote from: "BiGlobal"
You can bump the threads back up that pertained to Straight.  There was a guy on here ,Ajax13, who was starting a bunch of new threads in an attempt to bury some direct questions he didnt want to answer.  so instead of answering them he would start a new thread in hopes the questions would go away.  I think he has calmed down now, so the flooding may not be an issue anymore.

LOL.  You know you guys are getting worse than the scientologist OSA agents who stalk alt.religion.scientology.  Good to see your cult is evolving.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 10:32:09 AM »
Quote from: "psy"

LOL.  You know you guys are getting worse than the scientologist OSA agents who stalk alt.religion.scientology.  Good to see your cult is evolving.

Hmmm...I don’t really know how to reply to that response "psy". And I see you are an "Administrator". Seeing your status, "Administrator" I was in hopes that you could more diretly answer my questions within this post. Rather, you make a snide remark about "scientologist OSA agents who stalk alt.religion.scientology". I sat quietly with a cuppa coffee and a cigar and thought about your response and what could have motivated you to reply in the manner inwhich you responded. I failed to understand your efforts, other than an opportunity to throw in a snide remark about our "cult evolving".

Is that to imply ever so delicately, non-the-less sarcastically.... that somehow a dedicated "Straight Inc." board is cult like, acting like a cult, or worse...is a cult? If it is true and that is the case, wouldn’t CEDU, AARC and Benchmark boards all be "cults". If is true (that our "cult is evolving") in our small microcosm then couldn’t the same thing be said about fornits as a whole, as a complete entity, that it also has many features, characteristics and mannerisms of a "cult"?

Perhaps I misread your post or misinterpreted your intentions (which I hope is the case) If that is the case, I am terribly sorry and I hope that you would elaborate further, with less sarcasm, so that I can fully understand your intent. You and I have had few direct interactions, so I am not sure how to take your reply. Because as I understand it now, we are being belittled because as teens we found ourselves in a "cult" environment...Now as fully grown adults, with thinking minds we are being further berated, because a suggestion was made and parallel was drawn to yet another "cult" we have found ourselves in...The mixed message, the seemingly passive/aggressive response you offered I took as offensive...which is odd to me, because of the little reading I have done of yours it is usually insightful, intelligent, fitting and appropriate. But I must admit, I am at a loss in interpreting this last reply of yours. So please elaborate further on how 'our cult is evolving' or explain to me if you responded to this post, late at night.... less aware of my own sincerity and perhaps prone to sarcasm.

As I had hoped to imply in at the start of this post, I wish no heat, no ill will, no disrespect. I certainly did not mean to insult anyone, nor did I plan on anyone else to be set up for insult. Just a simple inquiry as to the validity of having a dedicated space for Straight Survivors. As "Administrator" I guess I thought I could get a straightforward response from you, I was disappointed...but just to settle my own curiosity, please answer this...Were you incarcerated in Straight Inc.?

Sincerly, I wish much peace
woof

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 10:42:12 AM »
That's not what psy meant at all; his post was in response to that other post.

I think this board is a case of something that was better off left alone; the merging of all the the different derivatives has watered it down to a drizzle of distasteful brown water, diluting the robust brew it once was....The Times They Are A-Changin', indeed....

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 10:48:48 AM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
I think this board is a case of something that was better off left alone; the merging of all the the different derivatives has watered it down to a drizzle of distasteful brown water, diluting the robust brew it once was....

Now why can't I say something as simplistic as that, get my point across and be done with it. I admire those that can say so much with so few words...well done Froderick...BTW, have ya heard from RTP2003? He called from Jacksonville about week ten days ago and my fat fingers hit wrong key on the phone and deleted the message....I feel like sucha schmuck...If ya see/hear from him tell him I apoogize and would love to hear from him!!!!

Namaste
woof
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 10:51:13 AM by Woof-a-Doof »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 10:50:16 AM »

~snip misunderstanding~

I was responding to Ajax's stalker, not you . I was referring to AARC (Canadian Str8 clone) as a cult and the way they harass Ajax as similar behavior to the Scientologist OSA agents who stalk ex-scientologists and critics on alt.religion.scientology.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 11:00:55 AM »
~snip misunderstanding~

I was responding to Ajax's stalker, not you . I was referring to AARC (Canadian Str8 clone) as a cult and the way they harass Ajax as similar behavior to the Scientologist OSA agents who stalk ex-scientologists and critics on alt.religion.scientology.

Ahhhhh....I thought I had missed something. Thanks for the clarifacation  :hug:

Namaste
woof

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 12:52:34 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
I think this board is a case of something that was better off left alone; the merging of all the the different derivatives has watered it down to a drizzle of distasteful brown water, diluting the robust brew it once was....

Now why can't I say something as simplistic as that, get my point across and be done with it. I admire those that can say so much with so few words...well done Froderick...BTW, have ya heard from RTP2003? He called from Jacksonville about week ten days ago and my fat fingers hit wrong key on the phone and deleted the message....I feel like sucha schmuck...If ya see/hear from him tell him I apoogize and would love to hear from him!!!!

Namaste
woof

Thanks, I usually try to be succinct. RTP has been posting here, but the fact that you weren't aware of this perhaps illustrates what a damn hodge-podge this forum has become!  :D

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 03:22:14 PM »
Perhaps this senator had the right idea? Back in 1895? LOL...

A "HODGE-PODGE" COMPROMISE.; Resolution Introduced in the Senate by Mr. Manderson of Nebraska.

January 30, 1895, Wednesday

Page 2, 1401 words

Sorry folks, you'll have to archive the New York Times to get the article... I was just tryin to lighten the mood.

Gotta love this emoticon... eh frod? LOL...  ::fullofshit::

RG

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 09:12:20 PM »
I have no dog in this fight since I wasn't in either of these programs, but have been a long time admirer of the "I Just" thread. From this reader's perspective I think the forums should be separated as they were. The AARC forum has become a troll fest, burying all the straight topics...and that's just one reason.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 01:10:24 PM »
Sorry, but this thread is shit.

The reason the programs are put together in this way is so various sources of perversion can be combined and compared.

AARC is the Canadian Straight of RIGHT NOW, and "Doctor" Vause is the new Miller Newton.

And if it wasn't for the rampant trolling going on, where every other new thread is a baseless accusation against Ajax made by some dipshit cultist, you wouldn't give a shit.

You don't like it, get your asses up to Canuckistan and go picket.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 03:01:57 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
AARC is the Canadian Straight of RIGHT NOW, and "Doctor" Vause is the new Miller Newton.
Basically, this.  Wasn't AARC once known as "KIDS of the Canadian West"?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2008, 06:57:37 PM »
You are doing AARC a favor by integrating their message board because it makes them appear to be less of a worry than when they had an entire section dedicated to themselves. All programs are related to one another in some fashion, every single program on this forum is related some how.