Author Topic: More Zero Tolerance Fun  (Read 7014 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: More Zero Tolerance Fun
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2010, 04:22:33 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

Oh, here is are little over energetic intellectual coming out to play with us again.

What?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2010, 04:24:08 PM »
Anne wrote:
Oh come on....lighten up. I was making a funny.

Why don't you send this remark to the mothers who have lost there kids.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2010, 04:24:39 PM »
Serious side and back on topic;

Let's talk about your threats to Shaggys.  Why did you do that?   Let's talk about your wishing that we'd (or maybe it was just me) be shot by real guns.  Why did you say that?

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2010, 04:24:59 PM »
Anne wrote:
Oh come on....lighten up. I was making a funny.

Why don't you send this remark to the mothers who have lost there kids.

Because it would be cruel.  Duh! ::)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2010, 04:26:07 PM »
Listen, with all the killing, injuries and threats made with guns, I don't think any type of gun whether it doesn't look like one or not should be allowed. BTW, where are the parents common sense on this, why would you let your child go to school with a toy gun. What message is that sending out.
No this is not over the top, being dramatic or anything else. We have lost a lot of kids to guns in the last 20 years, let alone the untold stories of threatening gestures with guns that went unknown, threats off school grounds ect....
There is no place for any kind of gun at school. Their parents should be punished also, maybe with tax finding or make the parents contribute to the Columbine Fund.
Did you read the article, Danny? The kid snuck it into his backpack:

"I had a phone call from the school saying that my son got suspended for taking a toy gun to school," said Lorraine Romero, mother of the kindergarten student. "He's just a kid. He doesn't know any better."

Anthony was suspended for one day for taking a facsimile of a gun to school. Apparently, he snuck it into his backpack Wednesday morning.

Romero knows it was wrong, but she doesn't believe the punishment fits the crime.

"I don't think he should have gotten suspended for that," Romero said. "I think they should have just talked to him about it and say, 'Hey, you know you're not supposed to bring any toys to school.' "
    [/list][/size]
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: October 08, 2010, 04:26:31 PM »
    Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Oh come on....lighten up.  I was making a funny.

I guess I missed it.  But I could see how they could redefine the rules to allow Nurf guns only, but I dont think it is fair to make the teachers determine which toy is safe and which is not.  If something goes wrong then the teacher is liable.  with their present rule it takes the liability out of the teachers hands and places it back onto the parents where it belongs.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: October 08, 2010, 04:27:01 PM »
    Quote from: "shaggys"
    Just so everyone here knows, Danny just sent me a threatening PM. Apparently he got upset when i asked him why he kept derailing the threads here. I now have zero tolerance for Danny. It is the one time that a zero tolerance policy makes sense.

you really are a wussy, aren't you. Stop crying to the ladies, Shaggy.
    Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
    « Reply #37 on: October 08, 2010, 04:28:26 PM »
    Quote from: "Ursus"
    Did you read the article, Danny?

No, he just went off half cocked.

:roflmao:

I'm so sorry.  :seg2:

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: October 08, 2010, 04:28:55 PM »
    Quote from: "shaggys"
    Just so everyone here knows, Danny just sent me a threatening PM. Apparently he got upset when i asked him why he kept derailing the threads here. I now have zero tolerance for Danny. It is the one time that a zero tolerance policy makes sense.

you really are a wussy, aren't you. Stop crying to the ladies, Shaggy.

Why do you threaten people here?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
    « Reply #39 on: October 08, 2010, 04:31:27 PM »
    you really are a wussy, aren't you.

Says the man who threatens women and talks about running around naked with other men.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    « Reply #40 on: October 08, 2010, 04:31:44 PM »
    I sent some snacks in to school with one of my kids for the class and it was rejected because it was manufactured in a place that also used tree nuts.  The school has a no nut policy.  I commented that there is no one in the class that has a nut allergy and the teacher agreed.  But her hands are tied, the rule is the rule and the teachers need to abide by them.

If she allowed my snack in then it may become routine and after awhile they will allow nuts in the class room as long as the kid with the nut allergy doesnt get any.  Then everyone is making their own decisions  till one day someone makes a mistake and a child dies.

So what is the best way to control the problem and keep the kids safe?  No nuts products on school property.

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
    « Reply #41 on: October 08, 2010, 04:33:34 PM »
    Quote from: "Whooter"
    So what is the best way to control the problem and keep the kids safe?  No nuts products on school property.
    But then you wouldn't be allowed to visit anymore.
    “A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
    « Reply #42 on: October 08, 2010, 04:34:22 PM »
    I sent some snacks in to school with one of my kids for the class and it was rejected because it was manufactured in a place that also used tree nuts.  The school has a no nut policy.  I commented that there is no one in the class that has a nut allergy and the teacher agreed.  But her hands are tied, the rule is the rule and the teachers need to abide by them.

If she allowed my snack in then it may become routine and after awhile they will allow nuts in the class room as long as the kid with the nut allergy doesnt get any.  Then everyone is making their own decisions  till one day someone makes a mistake and a child dies.

Well, hell.....I don't want crazy people in the classrooms either.  So it's settled then.  All nuts are banned and only Nerf guns can be brought to school.  I think we've accomplished a lot here today.

/oh lighten the hell up Francis.  It's Friday and I'm in a great mood!  :seg:

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
    « Reply #43 on: October 08, 2010, 04:34:46 PM »
    Quote from: "Inculcated"
    But then you wouldn't be allowed to visit anymore.

Touche!  :rofl:

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #44 on: October 08, 2010, 04:36:02 PM »

But... was your kid suspended from school, and consequently humiliated, for your having sent in the forbidden fruit snack?
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------