Author Topic: What do protests actually accomplish?  (Read 4499 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What do protests actually accomplish?
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2007, 11:38:09 PM »
Quote from: ""Sonny""
Quote from: ""lorrispickelmire""
I hope noone thought I was requesting people not to protest!  Not the case at all.  I just think that you need to be very organized, informed, and respectable.  If people can relate to you as an intelligent human being, they are more likely to empathize and stand with you.  We just have to come acrossed (sic) as reasonable and others will join the fight.
I'd say a sawed-off shotgun can be pretty damned reasonable under some circumstances. I don't have a problem with someone killing off programmies as a means of protest.

AND- sometimes negative attention is better than NO ATTENTION AT ALL.

Not sure - but I think it was this kinda bullshit they were talking about. :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
What do protests actually accomplish?
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2007, 05:57:27 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: ""Sonny""
I'd say a sawed-off shotgun can be pretty damned reasonable under some circumstances. I don't have a problem with someone killing off programmies as a means of protest.

AND- sometimes negative attention is better than NO ATTENTION AT ALL.

Allright, Sonny, you aren't allowed to protest anywhere north of the Mason Dixon line.  You'll frighten the Yankees.  

When protesting in the South, do try to remain calm lest the locals shoot YOU first & ask questions later.  THAT would seem pretty damn reasonable to them, I daresay.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca