Author Topic: Boxing Ring?  (Read 2325 times)

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
Boxing Ring?
« on: December 02, 2007, 12:36:51 AM »
I'm a 1990 CEDU graduate and for the first time I looked at a few posts on ELan. Man that school is fucked up. I thought CEDU was bad.

Will someone please explain the boxing ring bullshit. That is crazy. Can't a kid who doesn't want to do it file battery charges?

Elan's website has 'featured graduates'. What a bunch of brainwashed saps. http://www.elanschool.com/featured.php

This chick's parents wasted $100k in tuition over 2 years - apparently it worked wonders for her.........

Where did you go/what did you do after leaving Elan?   I jumped right into a job and college; ever hear of the saying "an idle mind is the devils playground?" story of my life.   I was so petrified when I left that I wouldn't be strong enough to uphold all of the progress I had made, I feared regression, failure, I feared living that empty life I had lived before Elan.   So I wanted to keep myself busy.   I worked on a dock at Lake Winnipesaukee, and took a Chemistry course at St. Anselms College.   After two months I started struggling with partying too often, then I moved to Manchester and became a non-matriculating student at UNHM.   I had to petition to take more than two classes so I realized that I wasn't going to be partying much during the school year with the work that I fought to be able to do.   Now I'm a full time student at UNHM, I get good grades, still get into the occasional power struggle with the City of Manchester Parking Violations Bureau I often end up in defeat and paying more money for my parking tickets than I would have had I just paid them to begin with.   I guess some of that rebel attitude will always be a part of me, but I won't let it consume me.

Notice how all their graduates keep using retarded 'inspirational sayings' over and over?  Elan must pound it into the student's heads. CEDU did the same thing. Cedu ruined Kahil Ghibran.

an idle mind is the devils playground?"

"It all comes out in the wash" and "You can't bullshit a bullshitter."  

"We as parents do not build the bridge to our children's future, our children do.  So if your child's bridge looks like Indiana Jones's Temple of Doom - that is the bridge they have chosen to build..."    (Wow - that Elan grad s a piece of work)

"We as parents are not meant to be the rungs upon which our children tread - but to be the hand rails - for them to reach for in times of need.  We are not meant to save them."

I need a nap after reading those qoutes.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 01:32:14 AM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Boxing Ring?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 01:07:02 AM »
Quote from: ""dishdutyfugitive""
Notice how all their graduates keep using retarded cliches over and over?  Elan must pound it into the student's heads. CEDU did the same thing. Cedu ruined Kahil Ghibran.
MMmm. So did Hyde (ruin Gibran).
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24256&p=298476#p298604
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
Boxing Ring?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 06:50:46 AM »
What is that - the core piece of propaganda for Elan?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Boxing Ring?
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 09:49:11 AM »
Sounds a bit like Daytop's chant, eh?  Note also the metaphor of a growing plant/tree:  "In this ground, I can take root and grow."  The Seed also used a growing tree for their logo, see HERE for a pic of an old advertisement (1974); click on the picture to enlarge it.  Looks a bit like Elan's tree perhaps?

------------------------------------------------------
Daytop Philosophy

I am here because there is no refuge.
Finally, from myself.
Until I confront myself in the eyes
and hearts of others, I am running.
Until I suffer them to share my secrets,
I have no safety from them.
Afraid to be known, I can know
neither myself nor any other, I will be alone.
Where else but in our common ground,
can I find such a mirror?
Here, together, I can at last appear
clearly to myself not as the giant
of my dreams nor the dwarf of my fears,
but as a person, part of a whole,
with my share in its purpose.
In this ground, I can take root and grow,
Not alone anymore as in death,
But alive to myself and to others.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Mister Pink

• View Profile
Boxing Ring?
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 01:02:34 PM »
They're the teachers who taught me to fight me
Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission
Ignorance, hypocrisy, brutality, the elite
All of which are Elan philosophies...
quot;Its a shame the way she makes me scrub the floor\" - Bob Dylan

Offline The Elan Reporter

• View Profile
Boxing Ring?
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 01:23:50 PM »
The Elan philosophy & it's mystical powers..

I recall times after school at night, Gottlieb would have these mini GM's for the residents who got booked in school. He would stand them up, scream at them, pop some veins in his face and launch saliva across the dining room. All because someone or somebodies got booked for talking or reacting to a teacher, or something else that a typical teenager would do.

Then came the time to read the philosophy. It had some adverse effect on Gottlieb, sort of like when a hyper active child won't go to bed, then when he ort she finally does a bed time story is read and they are calm and attentive.

Well Gottlieb was the same way, more like a two headed dragon. Soon as the first few words were read out aloud by some unfortunate resident or the stupid volunteer, Gottlieb would calm down instantly. Not a leg or an arm would move , and the swelling of his face would deminish. The only sign to tell if Gottlieb was still alove was the blinking of his eyes behind those hideous, ridiculous, big ass glasses he wore back then.

There were even times Gottlieb would follow house dorms up to the dorms and float from room to room trying to win residents over, only so he could turn on them like a rabid dog the next day. The man was looney...

The elan philosophy itself, contained the most dumbest phrases, bunch of stupid meaningless words made up by some dope head.
I spit and vomit all over the elan philosophy Gottlieb! Fuck your philosophy and your child abusing methods.

With eagerness of spirit I shall shove the elan philosophy up Gottliebs ass.

No longer dwelling on the unreal and unattainable, I must smack Marty Kruglik in the head with the philosophy.
fArt Warshitsky sucks dicks!!!

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 10:00:33 PM »
Ah, the common ground (aware of the program pun) of loaded language
Many of the unwritten philosophies at Daytop were written into Élan’s with revisions.
The programming fundamentals seem to be similar no matter what the actual program and the interconnections
…but a boxing ring… Joe Ricci exemplified some stand out sadism when he conjured that sick twist into the mix.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 10:08:42 PM by Inculcated »
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 10:06:26 PM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 08:44:52 AM by Joel »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 11:24:26 AM »
Re. Elan's Boxing Ring, see also:

Hanzomon4
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21974[/list]