Author Topic: Marie Osmond's Son Sent to Rehab  (Read 11297 times)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Marie Osmond's Son Sent to Rehab
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2007, 05:03:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

Must be, and going back a long time. Liahona Academy in Utah is run by members of the AhQuin family -- mormons of Hawaiian descent that have been in Utah for several generations. Several AhQuins work or have worked in other Utah programs too.

So what's the cultural predisposition that biases a certain group of people toward imprisonment & behavior modification of teenagers? Is that a Pacific Islander thing or is it a Mormon thing?

I am not aware that it is a pacific Islander thing. The maori and tongan cultures are seen in this part of the world for being pretty family oriented , having a history of the same sort of troubles as many post colonial cultures and in the case of Maoris having a warrior background and a talent for rugby. Obviously any culture has stereotypes and myths that grow around them though.

I would not make the assumption that cruelty is related to any one cultural or religious group. I would say that 2 things that the mormon based programs  have in common with their Christian cousins are the idea that young people are universally bad people and that their own rigidly conservatvie world view is the only one that holds any moral weight or social validity.

I have spoken to many who have a conservative religious world view be it mormon or other christianwho are not so arrogant to assume that those without their picture of the world should be punished.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
Marie Osmond's Son Sent to Rehab
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2007, 10:19:54 PM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
Quote from: ""Guest""

Must be, and going back a long time. Liahona Academy in Utah is run by members of the AhQuin family -- mormons of Hawaiian descent that have been in Utah for several generations. Several AhQuins work or have worked in other Utah programs too.

So what's the cultural predisposition that biases a certain group of people toward imprisonment & behavior modification of teenagers? Is that a Pacific Islander thing or is it a Mormon thing?

I am not aware that it is a pacific Islander thing. The maori and tongan cultures are seen in this part of the world for being pretty family oriented , having a history of the same sort of troubles as many post colonial cultures and in the case of Maoris having a warrior background and a talent for rugby. Obviously any culture has stereotypes and myths that grow around them though.

I would not make the assumption that cruelty is related to any one cultural or religious group. I would say that 2 things that the mormon based programs  have in common with their Christian cousins are the idea that young people are universally bad people and that their own rigidly conservatvie world view is the only one that holds any moral weight or social validity.

I have spoken to many who have a conservative religious world view be it mormon or other christianwho are not so arrogant to assume that those without their picture of the world should be punished.

Well Said , OZGIRL!
 :nworthy:  :wave:  :smokin:
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Now he is dead
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2010, 04:36:32 PM »
Somehow the mother made the wrong choice of facility when trying to "cure" her son.

Marie Osmond's Son Commits Suicide, TMZ

It is the old story yet again about some parents dealing with the symptoms instead of what caused them.

It is just sad.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Now he is dead
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2010, 05:57:38 PM »
Quote from: "Oscar"
Somehow the mother made the wrong choice of facility when trying to "cure" her son.

Oscar, you stated the mother made "the wrong choice" yet your link (the facts) state that her son suffered from a life-long battle with depression.  How does this relate to a specific facility, treatment or doctor? How do you know all the steps his mother took to help her son?  His stay in the program may have prolonged his life and may have been the best decision she made to try to help him.  In fact the time line shows that the program he attended was very affective in prolonging his life.

It is the old story yet again about some parents dealing with the symptoms instead of what caused them.

It is just sad.

You don’t seem to be very familiar with the struggles of depression.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Marie Osmond's Son Commits Suicide
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2010, 06:36:38 PM »
Marie Osmond's Son Commits Suicide
Posted Feb 27th 2010 2:34PM by TMZ Staff

Marie Osmond's teenage son committed suicide last night, this according to law enforcement.

Michael Blosil, one of Osmond's eight children, jumped from his downtown Los Angeles apartment building.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Michael left behind a note that said he intended to commit suicide due to a life-long battle with depression.

An autopsy will be performed and toxicology tests will be taken.

Donny Osmond released a statement that says: "Please pray for my sister and her family."

Donny and Marie canceled their show in Las Vegas tonight.

©TMZ Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2010, 06:45:56 PM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 06:54:01 AM by Joel »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Marie Osmond's Son Sent to Rehab
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2010, 06:59:45 PM »
A good friend of Marie Osmond was Rob Dias, founder / owner of Diamond Ranch Academy. I don't know whether Marie's son Michael Blosil ended up there, but it's certainly worth consideration.

Offline fornits

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2010, 07:37:29 PM »
R u a troll, too, or a bit imperceptive momentarily?

"This" does not relate to a specific “doctor, or treatment program,” "this" relates to the kidnap and thought reform gulag archipelago. Chances are, Osmond imprisoned her son in a torture- cult. Read the thread from the beginning.

Chances are, Marie killed her son, just as John D Reuben (Whooter, 90% probability)  killed his son.

Do you think Marie will start “referring” “parents” to the same torture- cult that killed her son, as John David Reuben  “refers” “parents” to the same torture -cult  that killed his, via a pseudo-charity Ponzi scheme?  

(John David Reuben runs a "charity" that provides “donations” to the for-profit limited liability corporation, Aspen Education Group --division of Bain capital, CRC health-- through STICC (saving teens in crisis). This corporation, AEG, has stipulated under oath that it provides no treatment for mental health or drug problems)

Think Marie’s gulag also specified in its contracts that it does not provide therapeutic treatment, as did the torture- cult that killed John D Reuben’s son, Aspen Education Group? Read the small print, folks. If the gulag you contract to imprison your kid specifies it will provide therapeutic services "according to program design," that means it has no responsibility to provide therapeutic services as understood by any medical body, apparently. Call Aspen Education Group or any torture cult, Today! Transform your kid into a corpse, just like Marie and John D Reuben transformed theirs! Then turn his body into a marketing scheme, just like John D Reuben! You know ya’ want to!

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2010, 08:25:30 PM »
Lets look at the time line:
During 2006 he attempted to take his life and the family enrolled him in an "out patient" program close to home with the support of his family doctor.  He never improved very much and actually deteriorated thru 2007 where he attempted to take his life again.  Realizing that they cannot protect him from himself 24/7 in mid 2007 at the insistence of his family doctor and medical professionals from his local hospital he was enrolled in a 14 month program in which he participated and graduated on time.  During his stay he improved quickly and managed his life problems with lower doses of medication than he had in the past several years.  The years after graduation were the happiest for him.  The tools he acquired during his time in the program allowed him to easily manage his dark moments until an unfortunate event occurred (a tragedy in his life) in late 2009 which caused him to once again spiral back into a dark depression.  He was treated via local services and medication but nothing seemed to help.  He eventually took his life in February 2010.

He was actually one of the lucky ones.  The program was able to save this boys life and place him on a safe and healthy track.  It is unfortunate that his life was met with tragedy which affected his illness deeply and set it on an irreversible path.

Between 1,500 and 2,000 teenagers take their lives each year in the United States.  If you see the signs like this mother did you can get your child the help he or she needs.  Work with your locol options first before pursuing a solution off-site .

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2010, 11:27:53 PM »
People can we just set aside whether we are a Whooter fan or not and just investigate this sad event. Was it Diamond Ranch's influence, his mothers (Marie) neglect or his acute depression. It may just be all three. Jeesh,  Whooter does bring some credible points to the discussion. I mean we have folks here having scream out first their lack of loyalty to him first before they can express their opinion. Who gives a shit,  if he has a good point......then he has a good point. It shouldn't make a difference if a like him or not. This also seems like a issue of whether there is trust or not, once again we can just focus I the content of the message.
 He just may be here to cause mayhem amongst us, well sometimes that maybe exactly what the doctor ordered to maintain our pledge/cause. I need a little confrontation or agitation to keep me from getting condescending/arrogant. Helps me to keep open to other point of views (even if their bought, lobbied,their working for another entity or just plain trolling).  
I am very interested in getting more information on this, Ursus we know for a fact that Rob Diaz was a "good friend" of Marie or just a friend (acquaintance) that she knew or somebody that she knew that knew him. There is a big difference in the implication. Just asking????? That's all.
I don't make any excuses for parents that don't properly investigate the treatment center/schools their sending their children to. Just wanted that on the record.
 :shamrock:  :shamrock: .........Danny....

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2010, 01:39:30 AM »
Quote from: "Danny Bennison"
I am very interested in getting more information on this, Ursus we know for a fact that Rob Diaz was a "good friend" of Marie or just a friend (acquaintance) that she knew or somebody that she knew that knew him. There is a big difference in the implication. Just asking????? That's all.
Excerpt from Joe Lando's Guest Appearance on the 'Donny and Marie Show' on Friday, February 4, 2000:

<snip>

Marie: Now you really enjoy -- the show Higher Ground -- what is it based on?

Joe: It's based on schools that really exist all around the world, um kind of an outward bound program. My character's name is Peter Scarbrow, he's a recovering addict, seven years sober and the show picks up seven years into his sobriety while he's running the school of 150 kids, all high risk teens, kids who have had quite a few problems, incest, and it's set in the Pacific Northwest, beautiful scenery ...

Marie: And like you say, there are camps like this all over ...

Joe: All over - we visited ---

Marie: We have a clip from the show.

Joe: Great.

Marie: Do you need to set it up or shall we just watch it?

Joe: I think the clip will explain it.

Donny: Okay here we go.

(Shows clip of Peter telling Scott the rules of Mt. Horizon from the first episode "no drugs, no sex, no inappropriate touching and there's no violence.")

Donny: That's a very interesting concept.

Joe: These girls are going to love that actor in that scene too, Hayden Christensen, he's just a wonderful actor and a really good guy and I think he's going to be somebody, somebody big.

Donny: A good buddy of mine, Rob Dias, does this very thing that you're doing. He has a school for troubled teens, there's quite a few of them around the country.

Joe: We visited a few in Northern Idaho and a few around here in Southern California.

Marie: Do you base your stories off of true stories?

Joe: All the kids are real stories and we've taken a license with what goes on from day to day obviously, but they are all based on real people. My character's just a collection of people who we met.

Marie: So you have characters come and go and all that kind of thing?

Joe: Well, there's 150 students and we really center our stories on 6 or 7 of them, Cliffhangers they're called, that's the group.

<snip>
    [/list]

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    Higher Ground
    « Reply #41 on: February 28, 2010, 02:41:02 AM »
    In case anyone's interested:

Higher Ground

Former Wall Street mogul Peter Scarbrow becomes headmaster of Mount Horizon, a progressive school in the Northwest for teens at risk.

Higher Ground Season 1 Episode Guide[/list]

It only aired for one season (22 episodes), from 1/14/2000 to 6/16/2000.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
      « Reply #42 on: February 28, 2010, 02:42:23 AM »
      When Michael Blosil went in for "rehab," there was a fair amount of speculation that it was actually due to his choice of sexual orientation, which his mother, Marie Osmond, had a real problem with. Whether that is in fact true, or whether it is but part of a larger picture involving other issues as well ... I haven't a clue.

This was right on the heels of a little scandal involving two of her daughters' MySpace accounts. The older one identified herself as being bi-sexual, probably another no-no in Marie's book. Incidentally, according to an archived version of this daughter's MySpace page (2006), Jessica Blosil also belonged to a MySpace group called "DRA," with the same group ID number as for this one: http://groups.myspace.com/DRA (groupID=100106985).

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
        • Secret Prisons for Teens
      Re: Now he is dead
      « Reply #43 on: February 28, 2010, 03:55:28 AM »
      Quote from: "Whooter"
      You don’t seem to be very familiar with the struggles of depression.

You will be surprised. It is painful for me as relative to watch for every single day going on for 4 years.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
      « Reply #44 on: February 28, 2010, 01:15:08 PM »
      Thanks Ursus,
      I appreciate your diligence......
       :shamrock:  :shamrock: ...Danny