Author Topic: BCA/NWA survivors: CEDU lingo wiki entry needs your help.  (Read 3991 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
BCA/NWA survivors: CEDU lingo wiki entry needs your help.
« on: November 12, 2007, 02:12:07 AM »
I think I've been pretty comprehensive so far, but there are still gaping holes. Holes that I need filled, specifically by people who were at NWA and BCA.

Here are some things which need clarification:

1. A full description of teams, their structure, their naming convention, how they play the role as a "phased" or "level" system.

2. A detailed as you can get account of the full-time like restriction that involved having the student stay outside in a tent instead of the dorms. I read a thread a while back that said that someone was on one for almost a year, if memory serves.

3. Anything else... new terms, corrections on other things, is also greatly appreciated.

Have at it, ladies.

CEDU Lingo page on fornits wiki

Also of special interest, through a reliable source, I discovered something rather fucked up regarding our alleged "nap time" in propheets. It's under the propheet entry.

I dunno, maybe it's common knowledge to everyone else, but it surprised me. It makes sense, though. There was just no way we would have been able to get all of that shit done if we were allowed an hour nap.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 05:46:53 AM »
::poke::

bump

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 07:18:24 PM »
phrase:  'get honest'

usually told to a student who is trying to be vulnerable and have self pride or self respect.  if a student got too self assured in a rap, they were often told to, 'get honest' and start talking about something that made them feel uncomfortable or shameful.

i think the list should have a lot more stuff on it that was from propheets and workshops.  out the fuckers.  

turning your back
your key
the pendelum
i think dirt list was on there right?
i is your thinking and me is your feeling
trust walks
work assignments
writing assignments
visits
cracks/catching cracks

what did they call the time you had to yourself?  there was a phrase for it.. personal time or something nazi like that?  like as if all my time were not my own by right, but only the time they dole out...

maybe some of those were on there already, sorry if they were...

Offline Psianide

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 11:19:33 PM »
Teams were a system of organization applied to staff and students, which coexisted with the peer group and phase systems (phases applied to students only).

Teams were lead by a team leader and an assistant team leader, who were both senior staff members, and were composed of students and staff at different points of the program. Each team was therefor a cross section of the school. Teams were primarily used for dividing the school into large non - hierarchical units for purposes such as chores and activities.

At NWA in the late 90s there were three teams which were named for stellar formations: Polaris, Phoenix, and Orion, which were male only, female only, and coed respectively (though staff could be on any team regardless of gender).

---------------------------------------------------

Submitted. I had heard of tent restrictions, but don't remember seeing any.  Any chance this could be a confused reference to ascent?
quot;Anyone who doesn\'t understand how a book of lies can be useful won\'t like this one either\" -Kurt Vonnegut

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 12:10:49 AM »
thanks psi, and thanks for adding it to the wiki

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 12:15:10 AM »
Quote from: ""alia23""
phrase:  'get honest'

usually told to a student who is trying to be vulnerable and have self pride or self respect.  if a student got too self assured in a rap, they were often told to, 'get honest' and start talking about something that made them feel uncomfortable or shameful.

i think the list should have a lot more stuff on it that was from propheets and workshops.  out the fuckers.  

turning your back
your key
the pendelum
i think dirt list was on there right?
i is your thinking and me is your feeling
trust walks
work assignments
writing assignments
visits
cracks/catching cracks

maybe some of those were on there already, sorry if they were...

turning your back: will add

your key: will add

the pendelum: will add

i think dirt list was on there right? yes

i is your thinking and me is your feeling. already added, but will probably make additional entry

trust walks: will add
work assignments: entered as "work detail"
writing assignments: covered in "full time" but will make extra entry

visits: will add

cracks/catching cracks: Already there.

what did they call the time you had to yourself?  there was a phrase for it.. personal time or something nazi like that?  like as if all my time were not my own by right, but only the time they dole out...

Do you mean a full time? Was this a form of punishment? At rma, we had full times where we had to sit at booths and do work details all day, while having writing and reading assignments.

Or do you mean a solo? i.e. what you did on your wilderness expeditions.

Offline Psianide

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 12:26:36 AM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
thanks psi, and thanks for adding it to the wiki

No problem. I should be spending more quality time with that wiki than I have been anyway.  :D  ::armed::
quot;Anyone who doesn\'t understand how a book of lies can be useful won\'t like this one either\" -Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 03:36:56 AM »
Quote:
what did they call the time you had to yourself? there was a phrase for it.. personal time or something nazi like that? like as if all my time were not my own by right, but only the time they dole out...

Do you mean a full time? Was this a form of punishment? At rma, we had full times where we had to sit at booths and do work details all day, while having writing and reading assignments.

no i mean the time you got to like, read in the library, or go play music, or lay out in the sun or something.  the little bit of 'fun' you were supposed to be going through all this torture to deserve.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 03:38:17 AM »
thanks for taking my input :)  thats really great what you've done, whats up there so far is great.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 03:55:21 AM »
Quote:
what did they call the time you had to yourself? there was a phrase for it.. personal time or something nazi like that? like as if all my time were not my own by right, but only the time they dole out...

no i mean the time you got to like, read in the library, or go play music, or lay out in the sun or something.  the little bit of 'fun' you were supposed to be going through all this torture to deserve.

Oh, you mean hiding out? Like, "you shouldn't be hiding out in the library." That's what we called it at RMA. And thanks for reminding me, I'd been meaning to put that in there.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 08:08:17 AM »
Okay, here is the update:

The list is now up to 124 entries. Thanks to everyone for their contributions so far.

I have implemented alia's suggestions and also added several others I thought of, which includes terms, exercises and concepts from the propheets and workshops. I guess that really doesn't count as lingo per se, but I agree should be included.

Added 11/26/07:

Going for broke
Battle of the bands
The pendulum
Your chrome ball
Disclosure circles
Your truth
Your lie
Bubble gum blowing contest
Your little girl/boy
The circle
Turning your back
Pushing away
Jaws
Your nightmare
Your dream
The weasel
Rock Bottom
The Game
I vs. Me
The fight
The fantastic voyage
Trust walks
The red/green game
Giver/taker
The lifeboat
The funeral
Your key/contract
Urban Challenge
Propheet/workshop reunion
"You set it up"
Writing assignments
(Parent) visits

I also added a sample schedule and agreement list that we get written in our notebooks for our full-times.

There is one thing I still REALLY need, and that is for someone from NWA to get their ass into this thread and give me as specific a low-down as you can on the tent restriction, including what its proper term is. I swear, I can't get a straight answer about this fucking thing.

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 12:00:32 PM »
Quote:

ME TIME!
LOL. Is that it?
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Psianide

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 01:07:38 AM »
Posting some ascent specific terms now.  Anyone else who lingers here go through that?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 02:36:34 AM »
me time... i dont konw!  i dont remember but that could totally have been it.  i will find it if i can read my journals.

i am so fucking scared to read my journals.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 08:43:55 AM »
you should be. that i and me and summit stuff is
CREEPY