Author Topic: drug addicts don't want to get clean  (Read 29590 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
drug addicts don't want to get clean
« Reply #285 on: November 15, 2007, 10:08:17 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Meanwhile, back in reality, somewhere upwards of three dozen kids were killed by staff (restraints mostly) during that exact time period, and a hell of a lot more suicides than Who likes to acknowledge. God only knows how many were swept under the rug.

Why the hell does anyone keep reposting that shit?

Why does everyone say dozens, but no one will give the data to thewho?  
You are the one sweeping it under the carpet unless you speak up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #286 on: November 15, 2007, 10:37:52 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Respond to what?  If you want rates/Stats we need to have a denominator, like psy said (total number of students which is not available).  I am not presenting rates of death nor am I attempting probability.  The numbers I have presented is "raw data"..... the data is accurate and stands on its own (although it is open to interpretation)

So basically what you're saying is that your data is useless and misleading?  Why post it at all if it doesn't tell which is safer (which you have tried to imply in the past with your "statistics").  HAH!  "raw sewage" would be a more accurate term.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 15, 2007, 11:12:40 PM »
Quote from: ""psy""
Respond to what?  If you want rates/Stats we need to have a denominator, like psy said (total number of students which is not available).  I am not presenting rates of death nor am I attempting probability.  The numbers I have presented is "raw data"..... the data is accurate and stands on its own (although it is open to interpretation)

So basically what you're saying is that your data is useless and misleading?  Why post it at all if it doesn't tell which is safer (which you have tried to imply in the past with your "statistics").  HAH!  "raw sewage" would be a more accurate term.

I didnt see where I stated that at all.  This is one of the same formats that the NCES uses.  Its an account of the number of kids who died of suicide and Homicide in TBS's and Wilderness. Why wouldn’t people (yourself included) be interested in the number of kids?   ISAC reports in the same manner (only they include photos and a little history) and I don’t see everyone jumping on their case.

If people think the numbers are wrong or not accurate why wouldn’t any of you come forward, send me a link, add a name instead of jumping all over it?  Why not rub my face in it and say Ha,Ha you forgot this person from so and so school.... I am a big boy and will get over it... and then I will add the person to my list.   That is how lists are made... that is how ISAC gets their names also.  They don’t get bent out of shape because they omitted someone.. they quickly remedy the situation and add the person and that is what I will do.. but I think I have them all.

You act like high school kids.. grow up, act like a man and if you have a person to add then send me the link, don’t play school boy games.  I invited everyone from the start to help design and format the collection of this data, starting with Deborah,  2 years ago, because I thought it was needed instead of trying to decipher how many kids get killed through reading hundreds of threads and guess what, no one wanted to put any work into it or were too busy fighting among themselves about whether or not I should be banned,  so I created and researched the data myself.

So if everyone wants to cry foul be my guest, you were all too lazy to help out when I needed it, you are stuck with the format that I chose and created alone.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 15, 2007, 11:12:54 PM »
Meanwhile, back in reality, somewhere upwards of three dozen kids were killed by staff (restraints mostly) during that exact time period, and a hell of a lot more suicides than Who likes to acknowledge. God only knows how many were swept under the rug.

The 'data' is in numerous places on the internet. Why is Who too lazy to research it himself? I for one would not give a minute of my time in collaberation with Who. Some have earnestly attempted to have rational debate with the man. He's incapable. If things aren't going his way, he changes the criteria, or compares apples to oranges, or goes mental and starts talking about some inane shit like the price of pork in China or how cars are made in Japan.
Don't you get it? He's not here to add to the discussion or even to have open debate. He misrepresents, blatantly lies, derails, attacks and wears people down with continuous posting of bullshit or misquoting people who then feel they have to correct him. He's sitting behind his computer laughing at all of you who play his little game. He knows you'll eventually burn out.
Anyone else notice how he has systematically attacked every regular here since he's been back?
Ignore him. If he posts some off the wall bullshit, respond with a link to information to refute him, but stop the never-ending jousting with him. You think you're going to run him off... no way. He enjoys running his program here and delights in pissing people off.
Don't volunteer for his program.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 15, 2007, 11:26:14 PM »

The 'data' is in numerous places on the internet. Why is Who too lazy to research it himself? I for one would not give a minute of my time in collaberation with Who. Some have earnestly attempted to have rational debate with the man. He's incapable. If things aren't going his way, he changes the criteria, or compares apples to oranges, or goes mental and starts talking about some inane shit like the price of pork in China or how cars are made in Japan.
Don't you get it? He's not here to add to the discussion or even to have open debate. He misrepresents, blatantly lies, derails, attacks and wears people down with continuous posting of bullshit or misquoting people who then feel they have to correct him. He's sitting behind his computer laughing at all of you who play his little game. He knows you'll eventually burn out.
Anyone else notice how he has systematically attacked every regular here since he's been back?
Ignore him. If he posts some off the wall bullshit, respond with a link to information to refute him, but stop the never-ending jousting with him. You think you're going to run him off... no way. He enjoys running his program here and delights in pissing people off.
Don't volunteer for his program.

Not looking for any volunteers...but if you have a need to be critical or think the data is incorrect.. then be specific otherwise you are just blowing smoke.   I have tried to be as clear as possible with the data...provided links where possible and sited my sources.  

Also as a response to your post, you must be new here.  It is I that is usually attacked for my views and trolled upon.  If you havent noticed my views are  in the extreme minority here, since I am a parent of a child who attended a TBS.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 15, 2007, 11:35:26 PM »
If all else fails, WHO will snidely name-call; like he just called Psy a "school boy" or he will falsely accuse someone of "attacking his daughter."  Waste of time to engage him; or his foolish data.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 16, 2007, 12:03:24 AM »
If all else fails, WHO will snidely name-call; like he just called Psy a "school boy" or he will falsely accuse someone of "attacking his daughter."  Waste of time to engage him; or his foolish data.

So no one has ever called thewho or his daughter a name before?  Thewho is right, you must be new here.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 16, 2007, 12:12:17 AM »

I didnt see where he called anyone a school boy.  He said "dont play school boy games".  
Also, No where in the post did thewho refer to his daughter being attacked.  You people really twist his words around.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 16, 2007, 12:49:20 AM »
Quote from: ""psy""

I didnt see where I stated that at all.  This is one of the same formats that the NCES uses.  Its an account of the number of kids who died of suicide and Homicide in TBS's and Wilderness. Why wouldn’t people (yourself included) be interested in the number of kids?   ISAC reports in the same manner (only they include photos and a little history) and I don’t see everyone jumping on their case.

If people think the numbers are wrong or not accurate why wouldn’t any of you come forward, send me a link, add a name instead of jumping all over it?  Why not rub my face in it and say Ha,Ha you forgot this person from so and so school.... I am a big boy and will get over it... and then I will add the person to my list.   That is how lists are made... that is how ISAC gets their names also.  They don’t get bent out of shape because they omitted someone.. they quickly remedy the situation and add the person and that is what I will do.. but I think I have them all.

You act like high school kids.. grow up, act like a man and if you have a person to add then send me the link, don’t play school boy games.

OOOH... what's the matter.  Did fucking up your pretty marketing hurt youw feewings.  Somebody call the Waaaambulance.

Here's why your "raw data" story is bullshit:  If you had wanted to post raw data you would have just said : I found X number of deaths in programs this year.  Instead you list your afore mentioned personally collected data of industry deaths right along side statistics in public schools.  You know damn well that non-mathematically oriented parents are going to mis-interpret that data and that is why you post that shit for new people.  You're job is bullshit marketing to new people.  Is this revenge for that time Me, Karen, and Exhausted totally pwned Lon Woodbury's site?  Maybe a few lost customers?

I invited everyone from the start to help design and format the collection of this data, starting with Deborah,

Well that explains a few things...  You do have a certain way with people.

2 years ago, because I thought it was needed instead of trying to decipher how many kids get killed through reading hundreds of threads

You read Fornits every day like a vulture and you know it.   Your statistics are bullshit.  Ask Pitbull mom what she thinks about the people you work for.

I love it.  You're an industry paid thrall posting here and parents are supposed to listen to you rather than the GAO's independent study.  You expect them to look out for reported deaths when A: you and parents aren't required to report them and B: because most of the deaths happen after the program (suicides or other prophecies set up by the program).  You totally ignore the whole cult angle and try to portray programs as somehow based on science.

can't quite figure out how you live with yourself.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 16, 2007, 12:52:50 AM »

I didnt see where he called anyone a school boy.  He said "dont play school boy games".  
Also, No where in the post did thewho refer to his daughter being attacked.  You people really twist his words around.
It depends.  Who plays school boy games?  He was implying I was acting childish and in a way you could say he was in essence calling me a school boy.  It depend son what he meant.

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
O.P. in a WWASP program
« Reply #295 on: November 16, 2007, 01:01:18 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 16, 2007, 01:48:23 AM »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 16, 2007, 03:30:47 AM »
Quote from: ""Teen Sarcophagus""
]

Um.  Just to be clear to idiots those who don't know what that is... that's observational placement, not nap time.  They are NOT comfortable.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 16, 2007, 08:47:35 AM »
psy wrote:
Here's why your "raw data" story is bullshit: If you had wanted to post raw data you would have just said : I found X number of deaths in programs this year. Instead you list your afore mentioned personally collected data of industry deaths right along side statistics in public schools.  You know damn well that non-mathematically oriented parents are going to mis-interpret that data and that is why you post that shit for new people. You're job is bullshit marketing to new people.

So what is your point?  Do you think this is misleading or unfair?  They are total number of kids not percentages of each industry or sector…. I show them side by side because people kept asking why I choose the format and categories and I am showing that the format is consistent with what the CDC and NCES presents.  I would also show the corresponding rates but, as we both know, the information isn’t available.

Also Psy,you’re the one that seems to be blinded here, I am not the one misleading, you should look around you.   I have seen many times where kids had died in a program and the information is misinterpreted and posted as a homicide here on fornits even though the authorities classified it as accidental death or other causes, but no one says a word to try to correct it.  Why don’t you try to address these issues which are blatantly misleading and actual lies?

Is this revenge for that time Me, Karen, and Exhausted totally pwned Lon Woodbury's site? Maybe a few lost customers?[/quote]
You lost me, I have no idea how this guy Lon gets paid or how many customers he lost because you owned them, nor do I care, I was under the impression the site isn’t up and running anymore.  Trying to get revenge for something isn’t healthy anyway.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 16, 2007, 09:14:27 AM »
LIES[/color]