Author Topic: Work assignments  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Work assignments
« on: September 22, 2007, 09:32:52 AM »
Being that I was on a lot of ILE's I did some pretty interesting work assignments.
1. I had to dig a 1/2 mile trench with a pick axe through rock.
2. I had to cut the entire hill side between floor and the kitchen with left handed scissors!! I am right handed.
3. At CEDU we used to get blizzards, so I remember moving one massive pile of ice to another spot.
4. I had to build a retaining wall by the wilderness shed. ( I remember others after me tearing mine down and building new ones.)
5. runinng microwaves!!!!
6. Hauling wood and big rounds of wood back and forth. And up the microwave.
7. Scrubbing the pit with a toothbrush
8. moving piles of manure from place to place that served no purpose.
9. raking lines in the gravel.
Anyone else ???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Work assignments
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 10:37:04 AM »
i was on "indefinite work details" for quite a while.  i did do a lot of mundane and underappreciated punishment type shit but i actually remember more the stuff that i did that i took ownership in. one thing was that i didn't take that "ownership" if other people were on my project so i kind of liked my work details when i had a whole project to complete...those that had a definable end. even if i finished a project but still had work details, i didn't care as long as it was just my work. you know?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Work assignments
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 12:47:28 PM »
I hated dish duty, but liked work assignments. Mostly, they were outdoors and I was left alone. Yay! Just some shitty pre-assignment sermon to endure like "When you dig this trench, think about how you put your little girl in a hole every single day." (Little girl=inner child.)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
work assignments
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 02:15:12 PM »
I was nearly always on work assignments. The worst one I had was shoveling the road between the dorms and emerson during a blizzard. The point was that it was futile. No matter how quickly I shoveled, the road was soon full again.

I was out there without any rain gear at all. Their pathetic attempt to keep me dry was by putting holes in garbage bags and having me wear those. My hands literally froze. I walked off the assignment, down into the dining hall to the fireplace to thaw out my hands. Then I had to go back outside.

Other work assignments including:
1) building the maintenance shack which later became the place they stored the backpacking gear, behind the dining room.
2) weeding, weeding, and more weeding
3) fire breaking
4) scrubbing the dining room

I actually think I was weeding for most of the spring/summer/falls that I was there. I think they liked to use the metaphor about me sitting in my dirt or something. Just stupid.

Offline If u want to know..then a

• View Profile
Work Assignments
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 06:44:49 PM »
AHHHH Work Assignments.  I actually excelled TOO much on work assignments is what I was told.  Same with the writing assignments for restrictions.  I remember one restriction, I was told I could not do work assignments, limited writing assignments and no classes of ANY sort.  I also had to eat at this little table that was right by the bridge window in the dining room (BCA).  I think that was the HARDEST time I EVER had in that damn place.  I think I lost some brain cells just fuckin steamin over the fact that I just SAT there.  I couldn't grasp the importance of it.  They said it wasn't so I just skimmed through the restriction because seeing as how I was one of the top two strongest people in the school, work assignments weren't much punishment for me.  I think the REAL reason why they did that was because I was taking over OTHER people's assignments and they couldn't come up with enough DUMB ASS analogies to keep me busy!  

The compost pile? I think I had that turned over completely in less than half a day!  LMAO!

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Work assignments
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 04:43:23 AM »
Oh wow, someone is on here who had to do yardwork with scissors? I remember reading about that complaint in the lawsuit affadavits. When were you at CEDU, if I might ask? We didn't have that when we were there.

I lucked out on the work detailis. I only had to do two, if memory serves.

The first was for my full time in voageurs. I built a rock wall that pretty much went from the house all the way down the driveway. It's essentially the retaining wall between the main driveway and the incline driveway that went to the back of the house. The one we had to mule the cart up that was full of wood, to re-stock the kitchen. I think I had a shovel, a wheelbarrow and a tamping iron for tools. So, at least I was supplied adequately, for the most part.

The second was in challenge, and it was pretty minor. Just some stupid rock path in front of denali. Really light landscaping for the most part. Of course, that was the predecessor to being sent through the Truth a second time, as punishment for not growing. I think the other guy in my peer group and myself were the first people ever to have been sent back through a propheet again as participants and not supports, as far as I know. Or, it just hadn't been done in a really long time. I remember after he and I went through, they started to pull that shit more often.

I remember someone I knew who was on a booth, and her work detail consisted of chipping ice off the walkways with a polaski. (Which, of course, was totally pointless, because it will ice up again overnight.) Apparently she got a huge black eye from a piece of ice breaking off and hitting her in the face, so she would sit at her booth (which seemed to me as if it lasted forever) with this totally beat up face, and I just remember being pissed off, even in my  brainwashed state, that she was getting treated so shitty. I hope I never said anything fucked up to her in a rap about her booth. I don't think I did. If memory serves, I don't think I ever found out why she was on it to begin with. Even back then, I questioned in my mind whether that was really how she got the black eye. I'm pretty sure that was how it happened, but I just remember being suspicious.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Work assignments
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 09:44:36 AM »
I was there from 89-91. I think  during my entire stay at CEDU I did 7 ILE'. My last 2 were extremly long. The first was was 21 days and the last one was 28 days. Of course those last to Fulltimes I was on bans from everyone, except one faculty and one student. Thats a long time with out any human contact. No touching or smiling. Because I did so many fulltimes they were running out of creative ideas for my work assignments that they could try and tie in with my "unstable life". So the scissors was one of them. And running microwaves. I used to have to haul wheel barrells of wood up the microwave. Not much fun in that work. The easy work assignments werent to bad b/c I was out of the "so - called classes" and away from the craziness, so I could daydream a lot. I never heard about the lawsuits.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
Work assignments
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 09:51:37 PM »
what in the sam hell is a "running the microwave"

do i need hotpockets for that?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Work assignments
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 10:36:13 PM »
The "microwave hill" was a road that was literally at a 75 degree angle.

At the top of the hill was a microwave tower. It was the road that led to the best view from where Cedu was and a popular spot known as "stone couch"

One had to have an older student to go there.

I had to haul wheelbarrows of rocks up that stupid hill and just dump them. There was no purpose. It was entirely just to mess with my head and have me do excruciatingly difficult work.

Again, the hill was at a 75 degree angle. It was hard for some overweight people just to walk up. With a wheelbarrow full of rocks, it would take at least 20 or so minutes to get up it. It was so steep, it was hard just holding the wheelbarrow and coming back down.

The "microwave hill" work assignment was usually saved for those extra special students that weren't getting the hint.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Work assignments
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 03:16:13 AM »
As of now, I do not know what ILE stands for, since I went to RMA.

However, I am going to guess, and I have a pretty good suspicion I will be either right or close.

Independent Learning Exercise.

Am I close?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Work assignments
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 08:08:51 AM »
I think thats what ILE stood for. It should have been Isolated learning expirience. You sit at one of the many lovely tables in the dining room, I preferred the lower level of course. You cannot laugh, smile , sing or be touched the entire time you were on it. You of course would get ripped a new asshole in every rap by the ban wagoners.  you were the top requested person in raps, b/c all the look-goods could take their shit out on you. Such easy targets. You'd also get lovely writing assignments to do to fill your time while you werent digging a trench or scrubbing pots and pans, which were usually " I am a whore because....." I hate my parents because... Nobody loves me because... Which would just give you lovely things to think about while you are on those work details. AWESOME.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Work assignments
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 08:11:20 AM »
Quote from: ""sugarmag""
I think thats what ILE stood for. It should have been Isolated learning expirience. You sit at one of the many lovely tables in the dining room, I preferred the lower level of course. You cannot laugh, smile , sing or be touched the entire time you were on it. You of course would get ripped a new asshole in every rap by the ban wagoners.  you were the top requested person in raps, b/c all the look-goods could take their shit out on you. Such easy targets. You'd also get lovely writing assignments to do to fill your time while you werent digging a trench or scrubbing pots and pans, which were usually " I am a whore because....." I hate my parents because... Nobody loves me because... Which would just give you lovely things to think about while you are on those work details. AWESOME.

Oh, ok, so that's what was known as a full-time at RMA. I thought they were called the same thing on both campuses.

*runs to update lingo wiki*

Offline If u want to know..then a

• View Profile
Work assignments
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 02:55:25 PM »
What location was that?  At BCA, they were restrictions too.  Fulltimes, pit, couch, table, blah blah blah