Author Topic: Over the GW  (Read 11534 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Over the GW
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 10:01:21 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""Froderik""
Huh?

Meaning possible copyright infringement on nick's part....not on you tube miss Anne Bonney.

Huh?  I didn't post anything on YouTube.  I just got the DVD today.  I ordered it a few days ago.

But infringement how?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Over the GW
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 10:19:21 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
Huh?

Meaning possible copyright infringement on nick's part....not on you tube miss Anne Bonney.

Huh?  I didn't post anything on YouTube.  I just got the DVD today.  I ordered it a few days ago.

But infringement how?

infringement meaning a similar script had already been written about this by another screenwriter, that was created before 2004. 2004 was when Nick Gaglia "created" his script. The other screenwriter created theirs way before 2004. This situation creates a copyright infringement situation

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Over the GW
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 10:31:08 PM »
Huh?

But infringement how?

infringement meaning a similar script had already been written about this by another screenwriter, that was created before 2004. 2004 was when Nick Gaglia "created" his script. The other screenwriter created theirs way before 2004. This situation creates a copyright infringement situation

I hadn't heard about this but isn't it possible, given the number of people who have been subjected to this, that more than one person came up with a similar script?

Just sayin'.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
Over the GW
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 11:18:43 PM »
Huh?

But infringement how?

I hadn't heard about this but isn't it possible, given the number of people who have been subjected to this, that more than one person came up with a similar script?

Just sayin'.

I seriously doubt there is any copyright infringement just because its similar to another script. I agree with Anne. If Nick's movie is copyright infringement then only one survivor could ever make a movie and no one else. If that is copyright infringement, then only one survivor could ever write a book. If that is copyright infringement then only one Nazi concentration camp survivor could write a book or script...and so on.

I dont think that having a similar idea is copyright infringment nor is a similar experience then writing a script/book based on a very similar experience copyright infringement. The way I understand copyright infringment is more like plagerism....outright stealing someone elses work and passing it off as your own. I could be wrong but that is just my opinion on it.
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
Over the GW
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 11:32:18 PM »
It got here today.  I'm half way through it.  At first, I said I didn't want to watch it alone, but now I feel differently.  I started watching it on the laptop before my daughters got here and I told them that I'll finish it and give it to them to watch.

So far it's great.  Nick has the sense of doom and dread.  If you don't know the story behind it and some of the details about what went on inside, some things may fly right over your head, but the 'gist' is there..  That's about the only complaint I have and its not even that.  Its hard to condense two years into an hour and a half or so.  The shots of the sister, so alone, so confused by her brother, so angry.  You got it.  And I haven't even finished it yet.  I can't.  I have to do it in stages I guess.

Nick, you brought me to tears.  That's expected since I went through it, but its not just me.  My friend that I've spoken about here lately (the one that knew me before Str8) watched it too.  She said about two sentences to me which amounted to, through broken tears, "Oh my god.  I had no idea.  None of us did.  I'm so sorry".  The biggest comfort I have is that none of my friends who are parents will ever, EVER do this to their children.

Nick, you've done an awesome job!

I ended being glad I watched it alone...which surprised me. I dont blame you for watching it in pieces....it is alot to take in emotionally all at once. There are more things that Nick absolutely nails.....again I wont ruin it for you with details. I will say I appreciated the issue of kids over 18 being introduced. It didnt cover all aspects of the 18 and over kids but it was still powerful what Nick did put in there.

I agree that a longer and more elaborate movie would be necessary to get more in. For what Nick was working with, length and budget, it surprised me what he was able to convey.

I havent shown it to my dad yet....I dont think he'll be able to watch it....he has too much guilt (he's a very remorseful and apologetic parent).
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Nikki

• View Profile
NEVER GET'S OLD
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 12:00:03 AM »
I KNOW THIS INFRINGEMENT DRAMA DOESN'T BOTHER ME. LOL
STRAIGHT "INFRINGED" UPON ME. THE STORIES ARE WHAT HELPS US INFORM PPL IT'S ONGOING.::bangin::

http://stroke.freeforums.org/index.php? ... 9bf3c85a42

Illuminate the path we tred.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Over the GW
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2007, 12:12:27 AM »
Quote from: ""Nonconformistlaw""
I seriously doubt there is any copyright infringement just because its similar to another script. I agree with Anne. If Nick's movie is copyright infringement then only one survivor could ever make a movie and no one else. If that is copyright infringement, then only one survivor could ever write a book. If that is copyright infringement then only one Nazi concentration camp survivor could write a book or script...and so on.

I dont think that having a similar idea is copyright infringment nor is a similar experience then writing a script/book based on a very similar experience copyright infringement. The way I understand copyright infringment is more like plagerism....outright stealing someone elses work and passing it off as your own. I could be wrong but that is just my opinion on it.

Exactly, it would have to be plagiarism in order to be considered an infringement...I think you're probably right about that. Whether or not this 'allegation' of infringement holds validity would depend on how closely (or not) Nick's work resembles in specific detail the other said script.... If one person makes a movie about say, Viet Nam, there's no law that would prevent someone else from making their own film about the same topic....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Over the GW
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2007, 02:53:54 PM »
Remember them WW2 movies? LOL, Cowboy/Indians etc... I think there's hundreds of them that overlay each other, like them karate movies and such. Jeez, crying copyright infringement are ya? How dare you!   :roll:

Offline Nikki

• View Profile
COPRIED MY SHIT WHO CARES
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2007, 03:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Guest
Remember them WW2 movies? LOL, Cowboy/Indians etc... I think there's hundreds of them that overlay each other, like them karate movies and such. Jeez, crying copyright infringement are ya? How dare you!  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Snehl2bAk

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: COPRIED MY SHIT WHO CARES
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2007, 09:42:37 PM »
Quote from: "Nikki"
Remember them WW2 movies? LOL, Cowboy/Indians etc... I think there's hundreds of them that overlay each other, like them karate movies and such. Jeez, crying copyright infringement are ya? How dare you!  

"Nikki" you are an idiot anyway
I have read a great deal of your posts and half of the time you make no sense at all. You cannot even spell let alone write properly. I know there has to be nothing valid of yours worthy of Copyrighting!
 :rofl:

Offline Nikki

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2007, 10:24:29 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

I have read a great deal of your posts and half of the time you make no sense at all. You cannot even spell let alone write properly. I know there has to be nothing valid of yours worthy of Copyrighting!

U DON'T KNOW ME AND WHAT HAPPENED. LOL I COULD CARE LESS WHAT U THINK. LOL HAVE A GREAT NITE CUM-BREATH.

LET'S C HOW WELL U SPELL WITH BRAIN DAMAGE.

SO WHAT IF I DONT HAVEN'T ANYTHING 2 B COPY WRITED. I WOULDN'T GIVE A SHIT IF IT WAS. U R A ASSHOLE THAT'S MISSING THE POINT. THE POINT IS AVALIBLE TO US FROM U TUBE AND IT'S A GREAT WAY TO MAKE THE PUBLIC AWARE.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2007, 10:29:16 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: ""Nikki""

U DON'T KNOW ME AND WHAT HAPPENED. LOL I COULD CARE LESS WHAT U THINK. LOL HAVE A GREAT NITE CUM-BREATH.

LET'S C HOW WELL U SPELL WITH BRAIN DAMAGE.

SO WHAT IF I DONT HAVEN'T ANYTHING 2 B COPY WRITED. I WOULDN'T GIVE A SHIT IF IT WAS. U R A ASSHOLE THAT'S MISSING THE POINT. THE POINT IS AVALIBLE TO US FROM U TUBE AND IT'S A GREAT WAY TO MAKE THE PUBLIC AWARE.

Wow, you really proved yourself in that post, didn't you now?

ha ha ha ha ha :rofl:

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Over the GW
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2007, 10:02:58 AM »
Remember them WW2 movies? LOL, Cowboy/Indians etc... I think there's hundreds of them that overlay each other, like them karate movies and such. Jeez, crying copyright infringement are ya? How dare you!   :roll:

I wonder if Over the GW is as action-packed as summa them movies were? ::bwahaha2::

Offline Nikki

• View Profile
G.W
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2007, 01:02:09 PM »
I wonder if Over the GW is as action-packed as summa them movies were? ::bwahaha2::

LOL   OMG  :exclaim:

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Over the GW
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2007, 01:12:39 PM »
Starring [insert name of your favorite "misbehaver"].