Author Topic: Riot!  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Riot!
« on: September 03, 2007, 04:15:13 PM »
why dont people ever pull shit like this in the U.S? we need to level the playing field.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6974662.stm
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Riot!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 04:21:56 PM »
With more violence?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Riot!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 09:52:08 PM »
Violence doesn't work unless you use enough of it, just like brute force.

Violence sure stopped World War 2....

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Riot!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 10:18:03 PM »
Hey this is covergards stumping ground right?
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Riot!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 11:09:57 PM »
no not violence. just agressive protest. passive protesting doesnt work anymore, people in power simply dont care anymore about a few people with pickets...even when it's millions of people with pickets. money is the only thing that talks in the goverment, and unless you have some or your interests are represented by someone who does (e.g a union and a strong lobby), you're opinion simply doesnt matter. even a large media presence doesnt really matter anymore, since because of the "patriot" act the goverment can take anything they want off the air, or put anything on for that matter. what people need to start doing is agressive protest. think along the lines of burning draft cards. you need to put yourself on the line to make a difference. i know marijuana is a pops up alot here so i'll use it as an example. the reason weed is still illegal is because it's still somewhat "controllable". the dea busts a good percentage of the grow houses, which drives the price of pot up, which makes it into a more lucrative enterprise, which in turn gives the d.e.a more work to do. it's a vicious cycle. all of Norml and mppa's money wont get enough votes to legalize it. What WILL change the laws is if started to grow pot instead of going to dealers. we need many many Johnny-weed-seeds to hike up and down the national parks and re-introduce weed into the habitat. make it so plentiful that the d.e.a cant even make a dent, and the price plummets. this is how you force new legislation.

I dont necessarily condone doing any of that, but it's the way things always have and always will get accomplished, especially in this country. ...bush practically wrote the book on it.

the same principle aplies to treatment centers. when kids submit to the will of their captors, bussiness goes on a usual. a few unsubmissive kids even keeps things running smoothly. but if kids start refusing left and right, no school would be able to contain it, and it would most likely spell the end of the institution's "career". the kids in these places must understand that by working together, it is possible to overcome all odds. was it Cedu that had the riot? well take that example, that institution got finished off quick, even though it's crimes were about the same as HLA's.

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Yes it is in Denmark
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 03:44:31 AM »
And I am ashamed that they have burned ordinary people's cars and shops.

Some people had lost their items forever, because they could not afford the inssurance. Inssurance companies charge heavily in this area because of all the violence.

Lets see how Danish youth are doing compared to you:

1) They can not forced into treatment unless they break the law.

2) If they run away from home, they are not ending up in juvenile hall, because a) No child under 15 years can appear in court b) because it is not a crime to run away. It is a sign that something is wrong in the home and the whole family will be investigated by the authorities.

3) If they do not go to school, the school come to them. Home-schooling is not allowed but our factories inspectorate and our court system have ordered the authorities to send a teacher home to each family if they can not find a solution.

So why the riot?

We are talking about some youths, who could form a society of their own and ask their parents to buy a property somewhere for the 2,000,000 dollars their own parents and some artists have collected. But they wont. They want a house paid by the authorities because they feel that their kind of art (which I have nothing against) should be public funded.

Well, I produce art also, but I pay for it myself. I also like to angle, ride a bike and run marathons. So does a lot of people and we need a place to meet. So we rent spaces from the authorities for whatever price they charged. If they are too expensive, we would just rent another place.

Maybe their art and music are so special, that they should be public funded - I don't know.

But what I do know is that a lot of people live in the area where they fight. It is those people, who have lost their cars - burned and wrecked. It is those people, who have lost their shops. It is those people, who have to see their children cry, because the kindergarten and school is burned down.

It is not fair whatever reason the youth have.

I would like to give them a house. Not as a reward for their riot. But as relief for the people who are living in this area.

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Riot!
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 01:01:38 PM »
On your note about running away, in some states, there is a fine line as to whether or not this is illegal, it just depends on who knows more about the law.  

Just like in California you can't have a WWASP program because there are laws about keeping children/persons against their will, which other states should follow.  However, on the other end of the spectrum, how many kids would know that law enough to protest being placed in a private school here in California?  Makes you wonder.

I always loved the saying "you know just enough to be dangerous".  It was always mean't as a bad thing in my house, but as I grew older, I learned better.
quot;You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.\"  -Eric Hoffer- (1902-83)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Riot!
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 02:26:49 PM »
Quote from: ""Mummie""
On your note about running away, in some states, there is a fine line as to whether or not this is illegal, it just depends on who knows more about the law.  

Just like in California you can't have a WWASP program because there are laws about keeping children/persons against their will, which other states should follow.  However, on the other end of the spectrum, how many kids would know that law enough to protest being placed in a private school here in California?  Makes you wonder.

Precisely what Benchmark (In Redlands, Ca.) relies on.  We were told we had no rights.

I always loved the saying "you know just enough to be dangerous".  It was always mean't as a bad thing in my house, but as I grew older, I learned better.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)