Author Topic: For those of you who don't know me  (Read 2370 times)

Offline blombro

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/blombro
For those of you who don't know me
« on: July 21, 2007, 09:34:48 PM »
I feel as though I've had a real rough week here on Fornits, which really sucks because I admire all of you and the work that you do, and while some of the attacks have been fair (misguided, reckless, irresponsible) some have been unfair (being called an ed-con).

When I was 13 I tried to "blow up" my middle school.  I was caught, arrested, and sent to Family Court.  Instead of going to juvenile detention I was sent to a short term psychiatric facility (levels, restraints and seclusion room, overmedication), I was later transferred to an intermediate term psychiatric facility (more of the same).  I was punished for the fact that my parents wouldn't give the hospital consent to medicate me.

I accepted the hospitalization as punishment for my crimes, but I didn't accept the treatment of those who I saw around me, but there was very little I could do.  I have never been the type to confront authority directly.

After my discharge (and a near sentence to Kidspeace for a year and a half) I tried to do whatever I could in my power to make sure that kids didn't go through the same treatment that I saw my friends go through.  For me that meant going to college and being in a position where I could change the way that the system did things.  At first I though it would be to advocate for the changes in laws, but as fate would have it I ended up in direct service.

Because I work in direct service, I have the ability to influence placements indirectly in some instances, and directly in others.  I view myself as being an agent of the youth that I work with who can effectively manipulate (not necessarily in a bad way) the adults in their care to create the best outcome for that youth, both the parents and providers.

My goal is through my work to demonstrate how the State of New York can begin to defund the programs that they support, and start placing those funds in care that is youth-driven.

I believe that Sue is as bad as any other ed-con because she does refer youth to programs.  Izzy, even if she was duped (which I don't believe she was) is at the very least self-serving, manipulative, and unscrupulous (and insane) and isn't worth associating with even if her heart is in the right place.  And Alex (and the rest of the NYRA membership) I'm hoping will come to his (and their) senses next week.

We currently aren't on the referral free zone, I believe because of our association with NYRA, although it may have been about anti-wwasp when that unpleasantness was happening, but I'm not sure.  

Whatever we have to do to comply to no longer be off the list, I'm sure we'll do.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 09:52:49 PM »
It's okay Brian, some people can see that you are a genuinely sincere guy trying to do the right thing for the right reasons.  Alot like the Fornits regulars, Psy, TSW, and others.   Hang in there!  It's good to know there are people in a position to help kids by going the extra mile.  You are right on the money regarding PURE, CAICA and others like them.  In the end, whatever you can do that keeps a kid from ending up in the hands of unscrupulous entreprenuers, coercive treatment facilities, and just general death traps like forced wilderness therapy, is a good thing. In the end, CAFETY will have to draw the line between who they associate with and who they don't because in this movement there is no middle ground.  That's been the problem since day one and I think the sooner Cafety figures that out, the better.  It is a righteous crusade we are fighting.  There is no room for wolves in sheep's clothing.  If you find them, expose them for all the world to see.  I suggest CAFETY embrace the work of watchdog groups and individuals who are doing just that for no other reason that it needs to be done and they are willing to step up to the plate and do it.  These are some of the true warriors, IMO.  My hat goes off to each and every one of them.  Not just because of the work they do, but because they ask for no glory, no pats on the back.  They do it literally "for the kids".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 11:13:42 PM »
Mr. Blombro you need to understand that Sue Scheff is not an Ed Con, and she has no credentials to belong to any of thier organizations.  Scheff does not abide by any of the rules or so-called ethics of these organizations; since she is paid directly by the programs she refers to.
Being paid by the programs is not in the "best interest of the child" who is placed in these programs by Scheff for monetary fees.
Isabelle Zehnder does not appear to "have her heart in the right place." That is obvious from the parent-bashing Whitmore Academy blogs she has written; and by her choice to refer children to programs through Scheff/Pure.  Zehnder is a grown woman, who says she is a paralegal. Zehnder knows exactly who she associates with, and exactly what she is doing.  Please do not make excuses for this woman who continues to victimize parents and their children.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 11:22:21 PM »
I don't know that I would have put all that personal information on here.  What happended as a child is personal information that need not be shared with anyone.  You might want to edit your post, or at least re-think it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 11:35:34 PM »
Mr. Blombro you need to understand that Sue Scheff is not an Ed Con, and she has no credentials to belong to any of thier organizations. Scheff does not abide by any of the rules or so-called ethics of these organizations; since she is paid directly by the programs she refers to.
Being paid by the programs is not in the "best interest of the child" who is placed in these programs by Scheff for monetary fees.
Isabelle Zehnder does not appear to "have her heart in the right place." That is obvious from the parent-bashing Whitmore Academy blogs she has written; and by her choice to refer children to programs through Scheff/Pure. Zehnder is a grown woman, who says she is a paralegal. Zehnder knows exactly who she associates with, and exactly what she is doing. Please do not make excuses for this woman who continues to victimize parents and their children.

Ditto.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: For those of you who don't know me
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 11:37:08 PM »
Quote from: ""blombro""
I feel as though I've had a real rough week here on Fornits, which really sucks because I admire all of you and the work that you do, and while some of the attacks have been fair (misguided, reckless, irresponsible) some have been unfair (being called an ed-con).

When I was 13 I tried to "blow up" my middle school.  I was caught, arrested, and sent to Family Court.  Instead of going to juvenile detention I was sent to a short term psychiatric facility (levels, restraints and seclusion room, overmedication), I was later transferred to an intermediate term psychiatric facility (more of the same).  I was punished for the fact that my parents wouldn't give the hospital consent to medicate me.

I accepted the hospitalization as punishment for my crimes, but I didn't accept the treatment of those who I saw around me, but there was very little I could do.  I have never been the type to confront authority directly.

After my discharge (and a near sentence to Kidspeace for a year and a half) I tried to do whatever I could in my power to make sure that kids didn't go through the same treatment that I saw my friends go through.  For me that meant going to college and being in a position where I could change the way that the system did things.  At first I though it would be to advocate for the changes in laws, but as fate would have it I ended up in direct service.

Because I work in direct service, I have the ability to influence placements indirectly in some instances, and directly in others.  I view myself as being an agent of the youth that I work with who can effectively manipulate (not necessarily in a bad way) the adults in their care to create the best outcome for that youth, both the parents and providers.

My goal is through my work to demonstrate how the State of New York can begin to defund the programs that they support, and start placing those funds in care that is youth-driven.

I believe that Sue is as bad as any other ed-con because she does refer youth to programs.  Izzy, even if she was duped (which I don't believe she was) is at the very least self-serving, manipulative, and unscrupulous (and insane) and isn't worth associating with even if her heart is in the right place.  And Alex (and the rest of the NYRA membership) I'm hoping will come to his (and their) senses next week.

We currently aren't on the referral free zone, I believe because of our association with NYRA, although it may have been about anti-wwasp when that unpleasantness was happening, but I'm not sure.  

Whatever we have to do to comply to no longer be off the list, I'm sure we'll do.

qft
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 11:40:30 PM »
I know qft means quoted for truth.  But I don't understand why it's done.  Someone?  Thanks.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 11:43:39 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I know qft means quoted for truth.  But I don't understand why it's done.  Someone?  Thanks.

I don't know blombro that well, but I know that lots of people like to revise history by editing their posts down to nothing.  I just found it interesting.. that's all.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Rachael

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 11:45:30 PM »
qft lest someone delete and/or change the OP
Justice, Justice shall you pursue.

Deuteronomy 16:20

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 11:25:58 AM »
I believe that Sue is as bad as any other ed-con because she does refer youth to programs. Izzy, even if she was duped (which I don't believe she was) is at the very least self-serving, manipulative, and unscrupulous (and insane) and isn't worth associating with even if her heart is in the right place. And Alex (and the rest of the NYRA membership) I'm hoping will come to his (and their) senses next week.

Alex has known about Isabelle for quite sometime. This isn't a new issue. It was on going even before the anti-wassp kerfluffe. It was Alex's decision well before the antiwwasp episode to support Isabelle. He readily recognizes her for what he is, but chooses to associate himself and the NYRA with her organization. Given his role as a board of director of cafety that by default demonstrates CAFETY's willingness to tolerate that unhealthy relationship within its own ranks.

Its a lot like cancer.

You don't ask nicely for the cancer to stop and be a good boy. You cut the damn thing out with a knife.

My first suggestion is you heave him off your board of directors as he has demonstrated an incredible lack of responsibility and common sense.

Since that suggestion will more than likely be ignored I urge you to keep the option open in the event he isn't willing to to budge from his "radical" politics.

I wasn't aware that some organization existed that was sanctioning forums as referral free zones. I understood flying the referral free banner was voluntary. I hope it is anyway. Be incredibly lame to have some oversight committee. To much death by committee as it is already.

I wasn't aware of a list in the first place. Maybe their should be one? I have no idea. I'm not keen on that sort of crap anyway. Seems to much like the damn prom committee. Personally if it was me I'd tell everyone to take their limp dick no referral zone banner and blow it out their ass.

If you don't want referrals or any sort of relations direct or indirect to those that refer then make it happen. Don't worry about having the nice little banner for credibility or whatever your purpose seems to be.

What you need to remember is politicians kicked this whole sick mess off back in the 70's as they were looking to get them druggies some help. Politicians started this mess, they have perpeuated it for over 30 years, and no doubt will help it keep going for another 30 years.

Don't loose yourself in the politics. That probably is one of the major reasons I don't regularly post on cafety or involve myself with the organization unless I find something that interests me. Politics reminds me of someone stuffing a red hot ember up my ass. I'm pretty sure I want to avoid that sort of thing.

If you like fucking up programs to help kids make it your purpose. Don't be conned into believing that running a prom queen committee of advocacy programs is going to help much. Do what you do at work and keep on doing it. Most people say that its pointless getting kids out of programs as 10 more take their place. I say it ain't pointless if you are the kid rescued.

That is all I have to say on this matter until next monday. I hope to see some sort of update on Alex. Despite the fact that I find him an incredibly naive and irresponsible person for his allegiance to Isabelle I'm also willing to pass it off as a temporary stupidity.

If not.. well remember.. he is the cancer and you are the knife.. get cutting. . [/quote]
am the metal pig.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 11:26:52 AM »
I believe that Sue is as bad as any other ed-con because she does refer youth to programs. Izzy, even if she was duped (which I don't believe she was) is at the very least self-serving, manipulative, and unscrupulous (and insane) and isn't worth associating with even if her heart is in the right place. And Alex (and the rest of the NYRA membership) I'm hoping will come to his (and their) senses next week.

Alex has known about Isabelle for quite sometime. This isn't a new issue. It was on going even before the anti-wassp kerfluffe. It was Alex's decision well before the antiwwasp episode to support Isabelle. He readily recognizes her for what he is, but chooses to associate himself and the NYRA with her organization. Given his role as a board of director of cafety that by default demonstrates CAFETY's willingness to tolerate a very unhealthy relationship within its own ranks.

Its a lot like cancer.

You don't ask nicely for the cancer to stop and be a good boy. You cut the damn thing out with a knife.

I wasn't aware that some organization existed that was sanctioning forums as referral free zones. I understood flying the referral free banner was voluntary. I hope it is anyway. Be incredibly lame to have some oversight committee. To much death by committee as it is already.

I wasn't aware of a list in the first place. Maybe their should be one? I have no idea. I'm not keen on that sort of crap anyway. Seems to much like the damn prom committee. Personally if it was me I'd tell everyone to take their limp dick no referral zone banner and blow it out their ass.

If you don't want referrals or any sort of relations direct or indirect to those that refer then make it happen. Don't worry about having the nice little banner for credibility or whatever your purpose seems to be.

What you need to remember is politicians kicked this whole sick mess off back in the 70's as they were looking to get them druggies some help. Politicians started this mess, they have perpeuated it for over 30 years, and no doubt will help it keep going for another 30 years.

Don't loose yourself in the politics. That probably is one of the major reasons I don't regularly post on cafety or involve myself with the organization unless I find something that interests me. Politics reminds me of someone stuffing a red hot ember up my ass. I'm pretty sure I want to avoid that sort of thing.

If you like fucking up programs to help kids don't get distracted by playing politics with a bunch of lard ass pols in Washington DC. If you like helping kids don't hesitate make it your driving purpose. Don't think for two seconds that running a prom queen committee of advocacy programs is going to help much. Do what you do at work and keep on doing it. Most people say that its pointless getting kids out of programs as 10 more take their place. I say it ain't pointless if you are the kid rescued.

That is all I have to say on this matter until next monday. I hope to see some sort of update on Alex. Despite the fact that I find him an incredibly naive and irresponsible person for his allegiance to Isabelle I'm also willing to pass it off as a temporary stupidity.

If not.. well remember.. he is the cancer and you are the knife.. get cutting. .
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 11:37:52 AM »
Most people say that its pointless getting kids out of programs as 10 more take their place. I say it ain't pointless if you are the kid rescued.

This needs more extrapolation. The whole "10 more take their place" business is absolute bullshit.

We lose on average of five kids a month to negative publicity on the Internet

That was the director of just one shithole speaking. The industry is not growing. It is hemorrhaging. New shitholes open up all the time, but swiftly, quietly close down because they can't get the bodies to keep it open.

Torture might still sell, but who's buying?

This doesn't mean we need to stop. Oh hell no. This is slowing down because we've got our collective hands wrapped firmly around their throats. Sure they're dying. Squeeze harder! Every kid you save is another kid saved, and nothing needs justification beyond that.

Offline Rachael

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 11:39:42 AM »
Quote from: ""TS Waygookin""
kerfluffe

I'd just like to commend you on the use of that word. Lovely.

Rachael
Justice, Justice shall you pursue.

Deuteronomy 16:20

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 12:05:05 PM »
Most people say that its pointless getting kids out of programs as 10 more take their place. I say it ain't pointless if you are the kid rescued.

This needs more extrapolation. The whole "10 more take their place" business is absolute bullshit.

We lose on average of five kids a month to negative publicity on the Internet

That was the director of just one shithole speaking. The industry is not growing. It is hemorrhaging. New shitholes open up all the time, but swiftly, quietly close down because they can't get the bodies to keep it open.

Torture might still sell, but who's buying?

This doesn't mean we need to stop. Oh hell no. This is slowing down because we've got our collective hands wrapped firmly around their throats. Sure they're dying. Squeeze harder! Every kid you save is another kid saved, and nothing needs justification beyond that.

Agreed.
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 12:07:53 PM »
New shitholes open up all the time, but swiftly, quietly close down because they can't get the bodies to keep it open.

This is not true.

Five kids a month is a drop in the bucket.