Author Topic: Just Another Boarding School  (Read 6951 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Just Another Boarding School
« on: July 18, 2007, 11:29:31 AM »
Kinda old, but I only just now found it.

St. Petersburg Times Article

[TAMPA Edition]
St. Petersburg Times - St. Petersburg, Fla.
Sep 29, 1995
Section:    TAMPA TODAY
Copyright Times Publishing Co. Sep 29, 1995

RUSKIN/SUN CITY CENTER Cockroach Bay Users Group
An informational center has been constructed by the Cockroach Bay Users Group (C-BUG) at the end of Cockroach Bay Road, just southeast of the launch ramp. A variety of instructional panels and a navigational take-along brochure are being prepared by organizations and government agencies for the center. Two additional centers are planned for other entrances. The purpose of the centers is to provide up-to-date environmental knowledge to serious anglers, birders and nature lovers who want to use the aquatic preserves waters without stressing the natural plant and fish habitats. Membership is $10 per year, which includes a decal for boats. For information, call 645-2032, 645-3888, 645-0082 or 634-7440.

Alternative Education Seminar Representatives of Alternative Education Programs for Troubled Adolescents will present a free seminar from 3 to 6 p.m. Oct. 1 at the Wyndham Harbor Island Hotel in downtown Tampa. They will present information about their distinctive programs at Hidden Lake Academy, near Atlanta, Hyde School in Maine and Three Springs Center in the southeast. These schools provide service for teenagers who are experiencing behavioral disorders, drugs or alcohol-related problems or family conflicts and disruptions, where the traditional school setting and the supports within the local community are not adequate. The Alternative Education Programs offer a therapeutic and structured environment, highly trained counselors, academic programs geared to individual students' need and support for families. The seminar is being hosted by educational consultant, Alix Berlien of Greenwood Associates, a career and college counseling group. For more information, call 254-5303.

THE COUNTY County Food Program
The 10-year-old Hillsborough County program that distributed dairy products, canned goods and other food to some of the area's neediest residents has ended because of federal cutbacks. The county staff has monitored the federal budget process but so far has not seen any hope that funding for the commodity food program will be restored. In the meantime, residents who need information about other food programs are urged to call on of the county's neighborhood service centers or the University Community Resource Center. Call Ruskin-671-7647, West Tampa-272-5074, Plant City-757-3871 and Lee Davis-272-5220. Call UCRC at 975-2121.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
proud alum
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 11:51:36 AM »
These schools provide service for teenagers who are experiencing behavioral disorders, drugs or alcohol-related problems or family conflicts and disruptions, where the traditional school setting and the supports within the local community are not adequate.

That is why I have a Hyde School decal on my car back window.  I want everyone to know I was wacky on the stuff when I was a kid.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 11:55:35 AM »
:rofl:  :rofl:
They might well think you are still wacky.

No offense meant, but a razor-scraper and soaking with butter will get it off should you wish to come to your senses.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Just Another Boarding School
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 06:55:14 AM »
Alternative Education Seminar Representatives of Alternative Education Programs for Troubled Adolescents will present a free seminar from 3 to 6 p.m. Oct. 1 at the Wyndham Harbor Island Hotel in downtown Tampa. They will present information about their distinctive programs at Hidden Lake Academy, near Atlanta, Hyde School in Maine and Three Springs Center in the southeast. These schools provide service for teenagers who are experiencing behavioral disorders, drugs or alcohol-related problems or family conflicts and disruptions, where the traditional school setting and the supports within the local community are not adequate. The Alternative Education Programs offer a therapeutic and structured environment, highly trained counselors, academic programs geared to individual students' need and support for families. The seminar is being hosted by educational consultant, Alix Berlien of Greenwood Associates, a career and college counseling group. For more information, call 254-5303.

Interesting line-up:  Hidden Lake + Hyde + Three Springs.  Wonder if any Florida people remember this Ed Con?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Just Another Boarding School
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 06:56:55 AM »

Interesting line-up:  Hidden Lake + Hyde + Three Springs.  Wonder if any Florida people remember this Ed Con?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Our highly trained staff is waiting to serve you.
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 10:14:49 AM »
highly trained counselors

?????

Offline Joseph W. Gauld

• View Profile
Re: Our highly trained staff is waiting to serve you.
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 04:33:07 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
?????

"My {103} years of working with teenagers have given me a sense of omniscience about life -- as though I'm standing on top of a high hill with a panoramic view, watching each of my students struggle with the obstacle course of adolescence and knowing in advance what the outcome will be, by the way each tackles the course."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 10:50:32 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 05:58:19 PM »
God DAMN!  Everytime I think it can't get creepier it does.  Straight's flagship program and headquarters were in St. Petersburg (my home town, still here).

I've never heard of the guy, but that's not saying much.  I had no idea that Straight went on or that there were other similar programs out there until just a few years ago.  I was driving down the road and saw a billboard addressed to Straight Survivors.  A week or so later there was an article in the Times that my mother pointed out to me.  It listed Arnold Trebach's site and I found Fornits from there.  Until then I thought Straight and it's concept died out a long time back.

Silly me.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 07:46:47 PM »
I can totally identify as when I got out of Straight I was definitely not looking for another place like Straight. While I was in the Atlanta Straight I about freaked out when a guy from the St Pete location was transferred there because he was misbehaving and I guess was too much for staff there. I remembered the freaking song we use to sing in Open Meetings that said that it started in St Pete, but they never said it was like cancer and spreaded all over the US.

As far as it goes Teen Torture and Child Abuse was a money making venture for Mel and Betty Sembler and they wanted as much of it as they could get. More kids = More money.

Offline Joseph W. Gauld

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 11:08:46 PM »
Quote from: ""Botched Programming""
As far as it goes Teen Torture and Child Abuse was a money making venture for Mel and Betty Sembler and they wanted as much of it as they could get. More kids = More money.

Hey... You in this business too?  I don't seem to remember you from the annual Milk Them Fuckin Suckers For All They've Got meetings, but hey, the industry is growing... Long as we keep ol Bush Bits at the podium, there should be enough room for all of us, Har-de-Har Har Har!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 08:41:56 AM »
Quote from: ""Joseph W. Gau!d""
?????

"My {103} years of working with teenagers have given me a sense of omniscience about life -- as though I'm standing on top of a high hill with a panoramic view, watching each of my students struggle with the obstacle course of adolescence and knowing in advance what the outcome will be, by the way each tackles the course."

Joe,

Thanks for grounding us with your insight.  I own my life to you and only wish I was fit to be of some service to the Hyde community.  Please kick the ases of all the posters here with bad attitudes especially Ursus.   We all need to accept your vision for us so we can unlock and reach our unique potential.

Cy Cophant

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 09:18:56 AM »

Joe,

Thanks for grounding us with your insight.  I own my life to you and only wish I was fit to be of some service to the Hyde community.  Please kick the ases of all the posters here with bad attitudes especially Ursus.   We all need to accept your vision for us so we can unlock and reach our unique potential.

Cy Cophant

Dear Cy,

I wish I had another daughter because you sound like such a fine, upstanding young man, I'd be more than honored to have you as a member of my family.  We could also use some more fresh familial bonds tying things together up here in Maine, since Laurie and Paul are dropping the ball and have decided to go selfish on me.

And that ugly old hairball Ursus ain't nothing but a loud-mouthed panty-waist to me, don't you worry about me.  If that gutless anal wonder of a bear carcass ever shows his fat, bad-breathed face on any of my ever-increasing number of campuses, I'll...

...go to Hawaii!!  Well, not willingly, but... you know how it is.  My people take care of me.  Nice to learn that you're one of them.

Warmly,
Joseph W. Gau!d, The Educator

Offline Joseph W. Gauld

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 09:25:21 AM »

Joe,

Cy Cophant

Dear Cy,

I wish I had another daughter because you sound like such a fine, upstanding young man, I'd be more than honored to have you as a member of my family.  We could also use some more fresh familial bonds tying things together up here in Maine, since Laurie and Paul are dropping the ball and have decided to go selfish on me.

And that ugly old hairball Ursus ain't nothing but a loud-mouthed panty-waist to me, don't you worry about me.  If that gutless anal wonder of a bear carcass ever shows his fat, bad-breathed face on any of my ever-increasing number of campuses, I'll...

...go to Hawaii!!  Well, not willingly, but... you know how it is.  My people take care of me.  Nice to learn that you're one of them.

Warmly,

Sorry about that Cy, an old man like me sometimes doesn't know what he's doing with this internet stuff.  The above post was from me.  I couldn't figure out how to log in.

BTW, what's a fine, upstanding young man like yourself doing on this fornicate site?  It's a cesspool, by God!

Still warmly,

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 11:16:45 AM »

Joe,

Cy Cophant

Dear Cy,

Warmly,

Sorry about that Cy, an old man like me sometimes doesn't know what he's doing with this internet stuff.  The above post was from me.  I couldn't figure out how to log in.

BTW, what's a fine, upstanding young man like yourself doing on this fornicate site?  It's a cesspool, by God!

Still warmly,

Joe,

This site came up on a Google search of your name.  I was shocked, shocked to find former students disrespecting you.  Thanks you for your kind words.  I am still single and I could make due with a grand daughter and a middle level post in the Hyde Foundation.  Nothing fancy. something like Vice President for Corporate Partnerships.  I could help spend the extensive travel budget.

Thanks,

Cy

Offline Ruth Ann Newton

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 12:12:10 PM »
Dear Cy,

Warmly,

Still warmly,

Well thank God!  Finally we have another qualified person to speak about the sickness that is Fornits.  These little bastards have been stalking my husband and I and trashing our reputations for years now.  It's time we put a stop to it.

:flame:  :flame:   Damn druggies.  I told you all you end up losers and dead insane or in jail.  Which one is it for you Ursus?
irgil said it, I believe it, that settles it!!