Author Topic: Castle's advice column  (Read 4619 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Castle's advice column
« on: June 06, 2007, 01:30:36 PM »
Too much of a dullard to think for yourself? Ask me for advice.

I can't promise I will be as witty or caustic as Dear Dottie from The Weekly World News, but I'm working on it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Castle's advice column
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 02:33:53 PM »
How do you tell your wife that you think you might be bisexual without devastating her? I haven't fooled around or anything, but I feel like I have a secret that is holding me back. I thought maybe she would be open to exploration together. This could backfire though and completely horrify her and she would leave me and tell all our friends which could hurt me at work. I am really feeling trapped and don't know what to do.  :cry:

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Castle's advice column
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 02:52:57 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
How do you tell your wife that you think you might be bisexual without devastating her? I haven't fooled around or anything, but I feel like I have a secret that is holding me back. I thought maybe she would be open to exploration together. This could backfire though and completely horrify her and she would leave me and tell all our friends which could hurt me at work. I am really feeling trapped and don't know what to do.  :cry:

You want a serious answer or a funny one?

I'll assume you want the former.

It sounds like you are actually dealing with two issues here. One, your sexuality. Two, your desire to have an open relationship with your wife, which will hopefully give you the opportunity to fuck some guys.

If you are dead set on being monogamous, then it's not an issue, but this doesn't sound like the case.

I wouldn't lump this on her all at once, if possible. Best to let her know you bat for both teams first. You can deal with the monogamy issue later.

And, if you decide to go on the down-low, be safe for fuck's sake.

As for her telling other people. She's going to do it no matter what, so get used to that. She's a woman. Even if she tells one person and swears them not to say anything, it will get around. A secret shared by more than two people is no longer a secret.

Do you want to be "out" or "in", buddy? There is no half-assery here.

It's really too bad that identity politics play such a huge role in our society. Us queers are as much responsible for it as the people who forced those labels on us to begin with. We just took it and ran. It'd be much easier to just be able to go up to your wife and say "Hey, you know what? I like men, too." and her not freak out and say "Oh my god, you're BI???" But unfortunately, we as a society have tied too much of our identities into who we fuck.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Castle's advice column
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 03:07:03 PM »
Dear try another castle,

I love your new column! I am planning to marry the man of my dreams this August. Although his parents are wonderful, I'm a little concerned about the role that they still play in his life...particularly his mother. She still does my fiancé's laundry, cooks his lunches daily, and cleans his house. What do you think?

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Castle's advice column
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 03:12:32 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Dear try another castle,

I love your new column! I am planning to marry the man of my dreams this August. Although his parents are wonderful, I'm a little concerned about the role that they still play in his life...particularly his mother. She still does my fiancé's laundry, cooks his lunches daily, and cleans his house. What do you think?

1. I think that your fiance is most probably Jewish. (or Catholic, or Japanese)
2. Never get between a Jewish boy and his momma.
3. Seriously, don't. Get used to the idea that you will always be second fiddle to her. But take heart, he loves you. And look on the bright side, maybe she'll clean up after him so you don't have to.
4. Congratulations on your engagement!

Most sincerely,
A Jewish momma's boy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Castle's advice column
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 03:25:29 PM »
I have a major problem. I am a 18 year old woman and I have a wonderful fiance. I've been seeing him since 8th grade (5 years) and he proposed when I was 16. I also recently found out I am pregnant with our first child together. Now don't get me wrong, he and I are very happy about the child. He is very excited to be a father even at such a young age (hes just turned 19). However, the other night he had his shirt off and I noticed 7 new cuts, at first I thought his cat had attacked him again (demon cat), but the lines were much too straight and deep. When I asked him he just kind of brushed me off, which is very much unlike him. Later in the week I found his pocketknife under his bed covered in blood. I showed this to him and he admitted that he used it to make the cuts on his chest. I lost it. I have very strong feelings on self mutilation and suicide, mainly because I know how horrid that shit feels having survived three attempts to commit suicide when I was 13. I completely broke down. I can't even imagine why he would try to harm himself. Hes told me how happy he is about the baby and how excited he is to start a new life with me and our new baby. He helped me when I had my issues, now I feel like I can't help him, I feel like i'm going to lose him and our child is going to grow up daddyless. I feel like I can't even help the one I love most. I know you might not be able to help me but I just needed to tell someone who would listen. Thank you in advance.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Death
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 04:45:11 PM »
The most painless way to die?

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Castle's advice column
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 05:20:17 PM »
Quote from: ""sad""
I have a major problem. I am a 18 year old woman and I have a wonderful fiance. I've been seeing him since 8th grade (5 years) and he proposed when I was 16. I also recently found out I am pregnant with our first child together. Now don't get me wrong, he and I are very happy about the child. He is very excited to be a father even at such a young age (hes just turned 19). However, the other night he had his shirt off and I noticed 7 new cuts, at first I thought his cat had attacked him again (demon cat), but the lines were much too straight and deep. When I asked him he just kind of brushed me off, which is very much unlike him. Later in the week I found his pocketknife under his bed covered in blood. I showed this to him and he admitted that he used it to make the cuts on his chest. I lost it. I have very strong feelings on self mutilation and suicide, mainly because I know how horrid that shit feels having survived three attempts to commit suicide when I was 13. I completely broke down. I can't even imagine why he would try to harm himself. Hes told me how happy he is about the baby and how excited he is to start a new life with me and our new baby. He helped me when I had my issues, now I feel like I can't help him, I feel like i'm going to lose him and our child is going to grow up daddyless. I feel like I can't even help the one I love most. I know you might not be able to help me but I just needed to tell someone who would listen. Thank you in advance.

There are a few possibilities here.

1. Your husband is dealing with issues of self-hatred
2. Your husband is a pervert
3. Both

If 3. is true, then sometimes seeking proper outlets with 2. can help 1.

Cutting is a stigmatized practice in our society. If he has issues, then maybe this outlet helps. The problem is that accidents can happen if someone doesn't know what they are doing, from nicking an artery to getting an infection. The question is.. is he looking for an accident?

Telling someone not to cut isn't going to deal with the real problem, if there even is one. It's hard for me to answer this one with anything remotely helpful, if he does indeed have serious issues, because I am a pervert, but I will go ahead and say it... blood sports can be very therapeutic. However, there is no way in hell he should be doing it to himself. Someone he trusts should be doing it to him. And they should damn well know what they are doing.

I guess my point is, if you need to cut, do it right, and safe, and have someone who knows their shit do it to you. Not sure what the S&M community is like in your neck of the woods, but I'd recommend finding a good dom who specializes in cuttings/play piercings if he wants to continue with this. Better than have him do it himself. I believe there are also shops now, just like tattoo parlors.

Now, having said all of this, this could also be hesitation cuts as a lead-up to something worse. However, it is rare for men to commit suicide this way, last time I checked. I think he is seeking an outlet for his pain, most likely.

I tried to kill myself twice as a teen. I had terrible issues with self-hatred. When I became an adult, I fell in love with blood sports. Fortunately, I ended up in the right hands. My memories of the scenes I had with my tops are wonderful and intense.

Wow, that's some of the worst advice I've ever given... "My husband is hurting himself." "Well for fuck's sake, make sure he does it right."

Yeah, never ask a pervert about cutting. Bad idea.

Okay, forget everything I just said. Just ask him what's the dealio and what happens for him when he cuts himself, what he gets from it, etc. Keep any freak outs on your part to a bare minimum, and let him just talk to you about what is going on in his head.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Re: Death
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 05:42:59 PM »
Quote from: ""No Name""
The most painless way to die?

There is a whole thread on this already:
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=20683&

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Castle's advice column
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 02:02:27 AM »
That is a depressing thread...

Offline Goobyjow

• View Profile
Dear Abby
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 04:38:21 AM »
What year did you go to RMA?
I was at CEDU 1985-86
and RMA 1986-87

My nick name was Jennifro

Offline Goobyjow

• View Profile
God Bless The Dead- Tupac
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 04:40:45 AM »
PS... I'm listening to Tupac as I write this:)

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Castle's advice column
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 12:01:31 AM »
I got to RMA in the summer of 87. You had most likely graduated already. I got there a week before Jackie's peer group graduated.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
B Job
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 11:35:06 AM »
dear castle:

i have an average sized boobs but would love an upgrade. i just love big boobs. some people tell me not to do it because they feel like baseballs after, others say go for it. what do you advise?  i don't want to be stripperella just revel in the joy of big boobs. thanks. also welcome the advice of any men out there who have samples both.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Re: B Job
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 08:55:42 PM »
Quote from: ""C+""
dear castle:

i have an average sized boobs but would love an upgrade. i just love big boobs. some people tell me not to do it because they feel like baseballs after, others say go for it. what do you advise?  i don't want to be stripperella just revel in the joy of big boobs. thanks. also welcome the advice of any men out there who have samples both.

Well, I myself have not sampled enhanced boobs, so I can't speak to that. I do have a friend who has a boob job, though.

Best to not ask advice on whether or not you should get plastic surgery. That's kind of like asking someone else what kind of tattoo you should get. They may like one thing, but you are going to be the one who has to live with it forever, not them. (Granted, boob jobs are reversible, but that's another surgery, and more money.)

I'm not one to pooh pooh someone wanting plastic surgery. Please, look at where I'm coming from. I think ultimately the issue is being comfortable in your own skin. If that means you want surgery, than who is anyone else to argue?

I can only speak to the obvious. If you decide to go through with it, do your research. Find a good surgeon. Talk to people who have had work done by him or her. Get referrals. Look at their work.