Author Topic: Psy BANNED AGAIN from st  (Read 13482 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Psy BANNED AGAIN from st
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2007, 09:31:29 PM »
Quote from: ""F TheWho""
Wow, I know I'm stating the obvious here, but this has turned into another Who thread...

Yeh, I guess I will take the hit for derailing this thread and highjacking it...  what a mess !

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Psy BANNED AGAIN from st
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2007, 09:50:56 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Psy wrote:
"a little more lsitening and a little less manipulating"... is that what you told your daughter as well.
Ah..the real Psy comes out,….More assumptions and “sharp stick” tactics to take the focus off yourself.  This is why you need to mature a tad, Psy.  This need to make personal attacks against me and my family because you are forced to live by your own rules, not a good sign.

The Amish thing was not a joke.

Okay but does it work?  If it does, show us the evidence, maybe a control study from an independent source.

OOHHH.. so now YOU want proof when the situation is reversed.  Proof that it works, not that it doesn't.  The irony here ... it's .. well it's pretty fucking hilarious to me.

I don’t want to hear it from the Amish..it would be too bias, right?  And don’t site me an independent research firm because they are all making a profit, doesn’t fly here on fornits.

The exorcism comment was simply to allude to the lack of evidence supporting the efficacy of programs (about as much).

So no evidence their either, that’s what I thought.  So showing lack of evidence to show lack of evidence..Hmmm…might work someplace else?
You say: "prove it doesn't work!!!"…. you're putting the burden of proof on me…

Yes, that is what I hear every day…catch, your turn.  Don’t tell me all kids are abused because you say you have been, you are only one person,  just like I am only one parent.   How could I possibly be representative of a majority?  How can you be?
Nothing counts unless we all agree on the controlled study and nobody gets paid….

Are you trying to perform a controlled study on Fornits?

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Most program that are open now are only as good as they are young. 10 years ago, TB was given raving reviews, Western Samoa was a wonderful place to send the kids, and High Impact was just a fun wilderness experience. Give it time. Spin only lasts so long before people discover the truth.

So you site 2 places?

Actually, I cited three, one of which is still open, Tranquility Bay, of which a staff member, Randall Hinton, is on record stating that he peppersprayed a boy three times a day...  Foreign soil.. Natives don't give a fuck about rich whilte kids.  Here's one from the trekkers list... don't know if this made public:  after a suicide by jumping from balcony (somehow got past bars), students were made to clean up the mess themselves with their towels.

Do I have to list every single facility that has been shut down during the past decade...  Hmm.. The CEDU/Brown Schools (of which there are now clones all over)... The Straight Schools(of which there are clones as well)...  Alldredge academy, renamed the Ayne institute the next day, retained it's public name...  The Challenger series of wilderness programs (63days.com is a good educational resource)...

Hell... why not just cross em all off.  Let me ask you a question:  Do you have any examples of programs that have been around for 30 years or greater...  But at the same time, keep in mind that CEDU was open for almost 40 years before the very consistent allegations of abuse started to be noticed.

Oh... but programs change.. really they do.  Bullshit.  I've talked with a woman who was in CEDU when it started, and the workshops, the raps, the work ethic... it was all identical.  And I wasn't even in CEDU. I was in a CEDU clone, Benchmark, started by a Program Director, who gave birth to the bastard child known as Benchmark (Woodbury reports seal of approval TWICE... and they are in the parent empowerment handbook)...

The connections between IECA and NATSAP you ignore...  The 100k contribution from Aspen to IECA, you ignore... The bidirectional ad-referrals you ignore (Benchmark refers to IECA, IECA refers to NATSAP schools, of which Benchmark is a member).  NATSAP and IECA share board members, bla bla bla.  Oh yeah.  This is a real legitimate industry.  Who the hell do you think you are fooling.  They're different arms of the same institution.  Staff transfer around, assured that once you're in the club, you got a job forever...  You can even become an Ed-con, like Lon Woodbury did after RMA (defunct).

The industry has grown by over an order of magnitude since 1997 and schools that cant keep up or abuse kids are falling quickly by the wayside.  We all know this, thousands of kids graduate and move on every year and how many end up not doing well?

Why Isn't Fornits teeming with happy program kids, reminiscing about the good old days, with the raps/groups, and the profeets/seminars and the bionergetics/motivating and the hard labor/work ethic and the consequences(punishment)...  And the rules that never stood still...

It seems to me, that on an unmoderated forum, there would be more kids here saying "god... i loved the place", if it was true.  You might argue that we drown them out.. but if there truly were more of "them", we would be the ones drowned out.

Betty sembler...  she claims something like 15000 lives saved (sober, etc etc...).  Go look at the straight forum.  Pay special attention to the "I just" thread.

WWASP claims 95% sucess rate...  nuf said there.

Benchmark claims 95% graduation rate (but not in writing)...  Funny I've solicited for, but have not received one positive review, while I have gotten many survivors telling me how it's about time somebody stood up to take them out.

Again. I ask you: retract your accusation or quote me and cite sources.

No ….prove to me that providing a parent with statistical information to help their child in crisis is less important than a child telling their story on the internet, as you did earlier.

Statistical information... From what source data?  Through what avenue do you intent on delivering your statistics to parents?  Highest bidder?  Or have you already been compensated?

Having you be the source of any type of statistical information, frankly, scares me... You giving information to parents, terrifies me.

But to get back on topic... and no.. you answer my question first since I asked it first...

Quote from: ""Psy""
Is it possible not to have a point of view?  If you say yes, you're fooling yourself.. or brain dead (both are plausible in this case); however, a point of view is no reason to ban somebody, especially when it is presented in a respectful manner, and nobody is offended.  You say "Not everyone was banned, just you and its because you were not helping with the situation or speaking on an adult level"[/u]...  Support it if you can.  But you can't. So you will change the subject, or leave out this portion of the message in your response.... maybe bring up the gorilla again.

Now this time, answer with specific quotations, and links to the source posts.  Come on now. You aren't a computer novice.  Copy and paste is really simple.  Stop proving me right by continuing to ignore that which you cannot answer... you are never wrong are you...

If you use a mac:  command(apple)+C = copy ; command(apple)+V = paste
if you use a pc: ctrl+c = copy ; ctrl+v = paste
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Psy BANNED AGAIN from st
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2007, 09:52:04 PM »
No detailed stories of sexual abuse for you to publicly make fun of tonight TheWho? No wonder you are bored!!!! Where are those witty remarks at the expense of sexual abuse victims ?

Copy/pasted from this thread of  post made Sat Apr 14, 2007

http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=21209

TheWho writes the next day Sun Apr 15, 2007 in response to a guest in another thread:

Oh come on that’s only the tip of the ice berg, lets be honest, no exaggerating here, we need to be credible or no parents will believe us.  Here is a more complete account:

No food.
Sexual abused in everyway.
Repeat beatings.
No water.
No bathroom.
No bedding.
Little items I had were stolen, like my sweaty hat and shoes.
My Bible ripped and wrecked.
What little food I got, stolen from me.
Forced to drink cum, piss, eat shit.
Duct-taped from head to toe for no reason. http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t= ... c&start=80[/url]

Why would TheWho copy/paste this from a survivor's story and add his own disgusting comments and make fun of child abuse? The comments int he parenthesis are TheWho's, the rest was copy/pasted from a survivor testimony posted one day earlier, detailing sexual abuse and other horrible forms of abuse.

There was an event that struck me as kind of absurd and a little funny, at the time, that’s all.

http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=21604&start=10

He disgustingly  uses the most graphic details of a survivor's abuse story to make jokes. He is making fun of a child abuse victim who is explaining they were sexually abused, and he makes fun of the very next day. TheWho has some maturing to do!

If you talk about being abused in a facility I know nothing about, I will believe you.

http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=12820&start=120

He is also a CONFIRMED liar.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Psy BANNED AGAIN from st
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2007, 09:53:28 PM »
i aggree with all the above.. but can you post it in The Who thread.  I'm trying to keep the turd from changing the subject from the question he has been avoiding for the past two pages.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Psy BANNED AGAIN from st
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2007, 09:54:12 PM »
Psy, the new Robert Bruce.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
regulate them all
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2007, 10:01:06 PM »
"No ….prove to me that providing a parent with statistical information to help their child in crisis is less important than a child telling their story on the internet, as you did earlier".

This statement is exactly what is wrong with the entire self-regulated industry.  Statistical information is only as good as the study itself... and we all know that the study is only as good as the person who is paying for it spins it.  I think they have a term for it... yeah, its called "marketing".   I'll tell you why its important.  Becuase it happend.  Its real.  If he has a story to tell and he was abused in the same programs that have the SAME MINDSET it is going to happen again.  Parents from California will assume the same child abuse laws are enforced in other states.  They are shocked when they hear that  other states allow this type of activity to go on.. and not be charged with endangerment, negligence &/or recklessness.  It is important for a parent to know from a students perspective if not MORE important to hear what actually happends in behavioral modification setting.  If I am having surgery to remove cancer, will I look at the statistical factors in having the cancer removed.. well .. sure..  Would I be more interested to hear a story of a person in my exact situation that had the cancer removed and went throught the surgery.  Yes, most definately.  Would I want to to know the details of their experience .. you bet.    These programs are self-regulated.   Any moron can open a business... referral or program.  If abuse occurs no one is held accountable.  Fingers point in all directions and back at the parent for sending them to the program in the first place.   We all know what happends from that point.  They open another business or become an undereducated ed-con. Someone needs to let the parents know what happends in ALL these programs.  Until there is federal regulations in place there are no "good programs" .. a parent can't tell a good program from bad program from a 10 minute prearrange visit.  This "should be" a something the states should handle on their own.  It has been proven that states such as Utah and Montana are not able to regulate these programs on their own and need the guidance of the federal government.  There are other states that are pretty clear on the term child abuse and don't allow this activity.  If it does occur people are held accountable and spend time in jail and no longer allowed to work in the "childcare" business.  

PS.  thanks psy..  :)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Psy BANNED AGAIN from st
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2007, 10:32:37 PM »
Psy wrote:
OOHHH.. so now YOU want proof when the situation is reversed. Proof that it works, not that it doesn't. The irony here ... it's .. well it's pretty fucking hilarious to me.

Thank you, the irony was intended

Are you trying to perform a controlled study on Fornits?

More like an out of controlled study…but to answer you , no.

Do I have to list every single facility that has been shut down during the past decade
No you don’t , they are shut down for a reason, but many here (like yourself) still like to reference them as examples, like the Edsel.  The industry has moved on…

Statistical information... From what source data? Through what avenue do you intent on delivering your statistics to parents? Highest bidder? Or have you already been compensated?

Presumption again…tsk,tsk

Why Isn't Fornits teeming with happy program kids

Maybe because they are all busy in college and have moved on…

But to get back on topic... and no.. you answer my question first since I asked it first...

Oh, now you want to get back on topic…thought maybe you would be saddled with derailing the thread?  
I answered your question and expressed my opinion on why you were banned.  I think you will be allowed back on in short order if you can prove you can conduct a mature conversation.  The personal attacks on my family and ridicule don’t help your cause any, Psy.  I am not sure of ST’s rules but ridiculing the parents and their kids probably wouldn’t be a good idea as a response to them not taking your advice.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Psy BANNED AGAIN from st
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2007, 10:48:07 PM »
Oh, now you want to get back on topic…thought maybe you would be saddled with derailing the thread?  
I answered your question and expressed my opinion on why you were banned.  I think you will be allowed back on in short order if you can prove you can conduct a mature conversation.  The personal attacks on my family and ridicule don’t help your cause any, Psy.  I am not sure of ST’s rules but ridiculing the parents and their kids probably wouldn’t be a good idea as a response to them not taking your advice.

We aren't on ST.  I obey the rules on ST.  Those rules don't apply here, and I don't feel like demonstrating on-que the sort of politesse you might desire.  You show little to no respect to survivors around here, why should I bow down and treat you special... becuase you are an adult?  I respect those who are deserving of respect, regardless of age.  I respect clear thought, compassion, empathy, love and wisdom, none of which I see demonstrated in you.  Were this a moderated forum, with rules dictating conduct, i would have to treat you with undue respect.  Here, there are no rules, and thus, you get what you give.  On ST, i hold my tongue.

But again... back to this:

Quote from: ""Psy""
Is it possible not to have a point of view?  If you say yes, you're fooling yourself.. or brain dead (both are plausible in this case); however, a point of view is no reason to ban somebody, especially when it is presented in a respectful manner, and nobody is offended.  You say "Not everyone was banned, just you and its because you were not helping with the situation or speaking on an adult level"[/u]...  Support it if you can.  But you can't. So you will change the subject, or leave out this portion of the message in your response.... maybe bring up the gorilla again.

You accused me of not speaking on an adult level.  I am an adult.  You are judging me based on your subjective standards of what is considered "adult"...  I would like to see evidence of what you believe to have been non-adult "speaking" in my st posts.  You keep ignoring the question.. this means most probably that:  you are either too lazy to support your accusations, or, you know you made a mistake in that accusation but are too arrogant to admit it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Psy BANNED AGAIN from st
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2007, 06:06:19 PM »
PSY:

On your new discussion forum,
Why are you accepting, placing SPONSOR ADS for places like TOP FLIGHT ACADEMY, a program for troubled teen boys?

Isn't this the same type thing everyone was yelling at Kevin August over on Anti-WWASP about?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
please post link to forum
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2007, 06:39:15 PM »
would like to see the forum...

Psy?  is this true?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Psy BANNED AGAIN from st
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2007, 06:50:54 PM »

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Psy BANNED AGAIN from st
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2007, 06:59:12 PM »
I noticed FICA-USA (Kathy) is a mod. Is her site down or has the url changed? The link I have is dead.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Karass

• View Profile
Psy BANNED AGAIN from st
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2007, 07:14:10 PM »
I found the following on FreePowerBoards.com. Maybe Psy can look into the ad-free option. Meanwhile, I have only seen ads for things like Hondas and mattresses. But it wouldn't surprise me if FreePowerBoards.com sold ads to any and all advertisers -- even to teen programs.

Sponsored Posting

What it is:

The sponsored post will show up only once per page, and only on the threads list page. This has been seen as an alternative to flooding your boards with several on every page, top and bottom, like most other hosts do.

These are ads that generate income to support our free services; fast servers, new features, fast support, etc.

** Without these ads there would be no FreePowerBoards.com **

The only way to remove these is through our ad-free program in your control panel. This program will remove the ads based on how many people you can refer to our services. This way, we can continue to grow and pay for our services even though you aren't displaying our ads.

What it isn't:

The Sponsored Post is NOT a bot, spammer, or something that can be deleted unless you participate in the ad-free program.
Like its politicians and its wars, society has the teenagers it deserves. -- J.B. Priestley

Offline Karass

• View Profile
Psy BANNED AGAIN from st
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2007, 07:32:22 PM »
Ok, I see it now. There is an ad for top flight in the thread list for the Program Questions forum. Psy, man you really need to find out about the ad-free option. Does it cost money, does it just require a certain number of users, posts, clicks on ads or what?
Like its politicians and its wars, society has the teenagers it deserves. -- J.B. Priestley

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Psy BANNED AGAIN from st
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2007, 07:41:14 PM »
Under the threads, Trash Bin, Management office, Industry Issues, and Program Questions:  
The Ad for ODYSSEY WILDERNESS PROGRAM is shown for "Ads by Yahoo"

Do the ads just pop up and then disappear for these programs?