Author Topic: Spare the ax, spoil the child  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spare the ax, spoil the child
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2007, 12:41:48 PM »
The words "axe," "break glass," "child," "cop" and "mother" conjure up images of a woman who probably should not write books about parenting. I don't care if the glass breaking was a tap tap tap or a friggin home run swing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2007, 02:01:46 PM »
Quote from: ""Eliscu2""
Quote from: ""AtomicAnt""
Here in the States, the cops would shoot the windows out and arrest the kid for stealing the car. They would prosecute the kid as an adult.

Leave it to the Who to distort reality, again. OnStar customers are a very small percentage of the population.

And where do you live Atomic Ant. TEXAS?
Here in the Midwest we have a handy little tool called a Slim Jim.
You slide it in between the window and the door and trigger the locking mechanism. It takes the cop about 1-4 minutes! No damage is done to the car! :o

OnStar is for the Rich Folks

When I was in Chicago, a girl locked the keys in my car with motor running (long story). The cop tried your slim jim. It would not work on my car. He smashed the car window with his tire iron. True story.

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2007, 02:15:15 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
OnStar customers are a very small percentage of the population.

Yeah, you may be correct but I think most cars now have the Keyless-go or similar system, or some type of remote entry system so that kids cant get locked inside.  There are very few cars, that I have seen, that still rely solely on a key to enter the vehicle anymore.

I like the youtube atomic ant.  I had a ’65 1/2 mustang myself years ago, baby blue, gave it up for a Chevy van!  Go figure.

I had three Mustangs; 1979, 1985, 1999.  The first two did not have keyless entry systems. The cop in Chicago busted the window on the '85. It had electric locks.

I double parked to drop a girl at her hotel. I left the engine running and popped the trunk open with the button in the glove box. I got out and took out her bags and closed the trunk. She got out and politely pressed the electric door lock button. She closed the door thinking it only locked her side. Oops.

A cop tried a slim jim. It would not work. I was informed Ford placed a metal plate in the door specifically to thwart slim jims as an anti-theft measure. The cop called a lock smith that wanted $100.00 just to show up. I told the cop to break the glass instead. The window cost about me about $70.00 to replace. It replaced by one of the glass companies that comes to your office in a truck and does it on site.

Oh, it just occurred to me. My son gave me a scare when he was about five. In the 1999 Mustang, I made the mistake of leaving him in the car with the engine running. He locked me out as a joke. Eventually he let me in. I never made that mistake again. They keyless entry system was with him. Inside the car.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 02:38:14 PM »
maybe its just me but I dont ask cops for help. they tend to only bring trouble. last time I locked my keys in I had a half smoked doob sitting in my ashtray... walkd across the street to the body shop and asked for a favor and they slimjimmed it within 20 mins after trying a bunch of times. we smoked to celebrate our success! fuck cops.