Author Topic: Spring Creek lodge / Whispering Pines Academy  (Read 13148 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek lodge / Whispering Pines Academy
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007, 11:22:16 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I can just imagine this twit sticking its fingers in its ears and going "La la la, there is no isolation box, la la la, they're treated with respect, la la la..."

You know what, bitch? I'm going to lock you up in a small room in the middle of 100 acres of pristine forest for, oh hell, a year. And rape you daily, and give you second-grader's schoolbooks to read, and make you study them for six hours a day, as well as 2500 calories of lard.

And then I'm going to get on the Internet and claim anything you might say about it is "imaginary abuse".

How'll that work out for ya?

I bow in deference to the voice of reason . . .  :rofl:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2007, 10:56:55 PM »
I would just like to step in and say that as a resident of Montana and having been around quite a few "programs" and speaking to kids in them, I know that alot of "sketchy" stuff goes on. While I don't agree with programs, I think that this has been taken a little too far. I mean seriously... rape threats?? I know both Glenn and Mike. I know there may have been some things in Mike's past that might make him less trust worthy and intelligent on the matter of teenage behavior such as his myspace comments and things in his personal life, but the real question here has nothing to do with Mike. The real question is why aren't there more laws focused on Behaivor Modification Schools and the qualifications of the people who work there???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
turning leaves
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2007, 10:50:35 AM »
You have got to be kidding. You are either Glen Or mike I would guess. If you really knew them you wouldn't be posting here . Let us really know why they were both let go from spring creek and whispering pines/ turning leaves. It wouldn't have anytrhing to do with sex on campus would it? How about Money grabbing from anyone you could and not having any worthy morals? How about real estate deals?How about not having a clue about what it is you are doing? Writing books, what a joke how about working in Idaho for yet another program. I know all I need to know about both of them and the spring creek people behind Whispering pines / Turning leaves. They will be looking for the next way to make a buck shortly I would predict.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: turning leaves
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2007, 03:05:24 PM »
You have got to be kidding. You are either Glen Or mike I would guess. If you really knew them you wouldn't be posting here . Let us really know why they were both let go from spring creek and whispering pines/ turning leaves. It wouldn't have anytrhing to do with sex on campus would it? How about Money grabbing from anyone you could and not having any worthy morals? How about real estate deals?How about not having a clue about what it is you are doing? Writing books, what a joke how about working in Idaho for yet another program. I know all I need to know about both of them and the spring creek people behind Whispering pines / Turning leaves. They will be looking for the next way to make a buck shortly I would predict.

I know them, and I'm posting. Sex on campus? Pure BS. And considering you know everything you need to, how about the fact that Glen never worked at SCL? Or the fact that Mike wasn't let go, but chose to leave so he could do his book tour? How about the fact that SCL people had nothing to do with the new program . . . it was a bunch out of California who set it up as a non-profit. It included at least one disgruntled parent of a kid that went to another MT program--nothing to do with SCL. Worthy morals might include not badmouthing folks you don't know anyhing about.

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Fornits Wiki
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2007, 04:12:34 PM »
I have created a page on Fornits Wiki based on what it is known public.

They have applied for membership of NATSAP, which is something none of the WWASP facilities have bothered to do.

Whispering Pines Academy

I have not put them in the WWASP category yet. Their actions will speak for themselves. So in due time they will be put in the right category.

Offline longcat

• View Profile
Re: turning leaves
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2007, 04:00:53 AM »
I know them, and I'm posting. Sex on campus? Pure BS. And considering you know everything you need to, how about the fact that Glen never worked at SCL? Or the fact that Mike wasn't let go, but chose to leave so he could do his book tour? How about the fact that SCL people had nothing to do with the new program . . . it was a bunch out of California who set it up as a non-profit. It included at least one disgruntled parent of a kid that went to another MT program--nothing to do with SCL. Worthy morals might include not badmouthing folks you don't know anyhing about.

Who are you Mr(s). Anon?

OR

What is your relation? Which is probably more informative.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2007, 11:57:22 AM »
TO A VOICE FROM NOWHERE :rofl:

This is from a voice from somewhere :lol:

If you really know Glen  and your are his friend you would know what Glen was doing out in the woods with kids from Spring Creek. You would also know that Chaffin has stated to people in the community. I know that he was let go and replaced by another person who ran there outdoor program until just lately. I know why he was let go. So if you really know him ask him what happened in the woods with the spring creek kids. I have several friends that worked there and they all tell me the same thing. What are his qualifications to be leading groups of kids in the woods or running another program now on its third name change called Turning leaves? There are rumors that several people from spring creek acually are now trying to get Turning leaves up and running. The original managment team has struggled getting kids and so the rumor goes that Chaffin Pullan and several of his managment team from Spring Creek are moving over to turning leaves and taking over. And yes there was something that went on at Whispering Pines/ Turning leaves that got Mike Linderman down the road. I won't be specific because it would hurt people that don't deserve having it put on the internet. Writing a book huh  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: This is not the site you want to be at trying to put a good spin on people that have a history that is well known :o

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Turning Leaf, Glen Schenavar, Jim Dorrian and Pullin
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2007, 12:34:56 PM »
I have quite a few friends in Thompson Falls and some have worked at Spring Creek. I also have other friends who know about what is going on in the area. There is a lot of information that has circulated since its such a small town and most of it can be verified as true. Some of it is rumors that don't hold up.

Spring Creek went through a big shakeup over the past year as the Pullin brothers were pushed out by the WASP honchos from out of state. It has been said that this was the result of a civil suit filed when a girl committed suicide at Spring Creek. In any case, the Pullin brothers are gone, along with a bunch of others at the school.

Some of the first who left Spring Creek, including Mike Linderman and Glen Schenavar went to work for a guy named Jim Dorrian in Trout Creek. He built a new program in Trout Creek that has had several names. The last 2 names have been Whispering Pines and Turning Leaf Ranch. I looked Dorrian up on the internet and he's a businessman with no apparent experience with kids. He seems to be an investor in software and computer related companies. Business must be slow.

http://www.cpvp.com/inside/jdorrian.html

Glen Schenavar was a house painter in Thompson Falls that did work for Spring Creek for a short time doing some kind of outdoor program. He wasn't on campus much so maybe people didn't realize that he worked there. Schenavar was booted by Spring Creek because he was irresponsible with kids. He evidently left a group of kids in the woods supervised by inexperienced staff and one of the students got into a first aid kit and OD'd on something. Schenavar now works as a real estate agent in Thompson Falls, and the story circulating locally is that he has a reputation of conning people into selling property at dirt cheap prices and ripping them off.

http://www.realty-northwest.com/Agents/ ... navar.html

So Jim Dorrian, not knowing what he is doing, hired Glen Schenavar and other Spring Creek employees to start up Turning Leaf. Two of these employees were were involved in some scandal and were booted. More people started showing up from out of state to work there and Mike Chisholm from Spring Creek was hired to manage the place. The problem was that they couldn't get any kids ( I wonder why?) and had to lay off most of their employees last Fall. The latest rumor is that Dorrian, Pullin and Chisholm are working together to restart the operation in 2008. Its a small town and most people seem to know most of the facts even though they try to keep it all secret.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2007, 12:47:58 PM »
The problem was that they couldn't get any kids ( I wonder why?)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Glen Schenavar, Mike Linderman and Jim Dorrian
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2007, 08:32:44 AM »
There's more to this story...

The Thompson Falls Ledger had a story about Turning Leaf (when it was Whispering Pines) which talked about Mike Linderman teaming up with Glen Schenavar to start the Whispering Pines program. Schenavar made it sound like it was his program, as if he owned it. The name of the mysterious money man behind it all was a secret. Schenavar was just the promoter who helped the real owner, Jim Dorrian find other staff from Spring Creek who were ready to jump ship and get paid some big bucks to defect. Its like Spring Creek was a sinking ship and Whispering Pines was the only life raft in sight. Now that Chaffin Pullan is part of the team, the new "Spring Creek" is in the making.

"Jim Dorrian didn't have to seek the spotlight in 1999: As a Silicon Valley venture capitalist during the stock market's bull run, he had rock-star status among budding entrepreneurs and local executives, and he lavished funding on interesting ideas.

But with the economy in a funk and the venture-funding spigot clamped shut, the general partner at Woodside, Calif.-based Crosspoint Venture Partners has to work harder to find worthy entrepreneurs".

http://www.news.com/2008-1082-256214.html

So, Glen Schenavar was the real estate front man who helped Dorrian find property in Sanders County so Dorrian could find more Spring Creek people to hire and start the program. This is curious since it would look like a clear conflict of interest when Schenavar, as a real estate agent, is supposed to be representing the guy selling the property, helping him get the best deal. I don't know how much that deal was worth or how much property was involved, but I heard it was a lot of real estate and that Dorrian has $ millions sunk into the deal. Schenavar was probably getting a cut on both ends.  :roll:

How this will work is beyond my senses...Dorrian wants to be a secret, Pullan will have to be a secret, Pullan fired Schenavar from Spring Creek #1 and Linderman has been booted...this whole fiasco looks like a comedy of errors in the making.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Linderman now working for Elk Mountain Academy
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2007, 06:03:47 AM »