Author Topic: The pitfalls of being chronologically buffered.  (Read 12431 times)

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
The pitfalls of being chronologically buffered.
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2007, 08:39:29 AM »
Id be telling less than the truth if I said I understood fully the whole "man in a womans body" thing, But heres my take on what Ive come to understand about myself....

I love men, and what I mean by that is this...I have chosen only men as partners in ongoing intimacy emotionally, because that feels very natural to me.  However I LOVE women, and what I mean by that is that I find all things female in form and function to be very beautiful and attractive and sacred.  I have pictures of nude females all around my home, sculptures and represtentations of my complete respect and desire of the female half of humanity.   I am not opposed to sleeping with other women and do so from time to time, although calling myself "bi-sexual" feels way too oversimplified, so I dont identify as that.  

I am married and have three children and I am very proud of the idea that I am capable of fullfilling my biological role as a female...it has brought me great joy and self appreciation to be what am, a woman.  I think that men and women should be comfortable with their roles biologically...I get angry when feminists go on about how women should be equal to men, blah blah....the fact is that women arent equal to men, nor are men equal to women....we are just different, totally different in our intristic functions....which to me is A-OKAY.  Why should I want to be like a man when I can be a woman?  And I would expect the same attitude from a man. Both are equally important to the universal stasis we find ourselves a part of.

Now, when it comes to emotion and sexuality...we couldnt be the evolved species that we are and and not encounter a whole range of differences and experiences that trancend our basic biological existence.  This is where I find that most people break off, and like was mentioned above....cant cope with their urges and attractions.  

My point I guess is that on a personal level, because I have accepted and loved my basic existence as a female, that I am able to accept and cherish things that go against my basic nature (ie, homosexuality, etc) without ill-contrived bias or fear of losing who I am.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2007, 08:50:57 AM »
Sorry I hijacked your post on the age-sex issue,N!  Just got curious and went where it led me.

Good post Carmel.

I feel the same re: male-female differeces--I don't why to try to equalized to sameness... I don't confuse enjoying femininity and masculinity with repression.  

I really love the female form and find it beautiful--I could stare for hours at a beautiful woman--I never felt the urge to sleep with one, unfortunately.   Unfortunately because I find men to be confounding, pains in the arses.  By and large.  And higher maintenance to boot.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2007, 09:22:16 AM »
we are just different, totally different in our intristic functions

Agreed.

I hope my statement a few posts ago didn't come across that I was saying "people should be bisexual". Rather, I was saying that it would probably be healthier of people didn't view their sexual habits as an integral part of their identity.

Unfortunately because I find men to be confounding, pains in the arses. By and large. And higher maintenance to boot.

Women can be just as bad. In a different way, but just as bad. They have the market cornered on the whole passive aggressive thing. Don't get me wrong, lots of men can be like that too, but women seem to have mastered the art. It's one of my biggest buttons, ever.

Castle's two rules for a relationship are: 1. Say what you mean. 2. Ask for what you want.

You may not always get it,  but at least we'll be on the same page.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2007, 09:35:13 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Unfortunately because I find men to be confounding, pains in the arses.  By and large.  And higher maintenance to boot.

Sexist.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2007, 10:15:11 AM »
I hear ya on the pass-agg front. It would be a pain. I guess with men, it seems you always have to stroke their egos. And it seems that they are mre selfish.  Maybe it's the same with women,too.  I'm pretty easygoing, so for me, it's like, let's not invent bullshit and just enjoy eachother!

El Nino: I have a feeling that none of us, male or female, are entirely free of sexism.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2007, 10:17:23 AM »
True, or we'd all be gay or something; I wanted to try to put things in perspective though.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2007, 05:15:55 PM »
Trust me, there are plenty of fags and dykes out there who are sexist.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2007, 05:25:41 PM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""

I hope my statement a few posts ago didn't come across that I was saying "people should be bisexual". Rather, I was saying that it would probably be healthier of people didn't view their sexual habits as an integral part of their identity.

it might be healthier but is it possible? I could not imagine not defining myself as heterosexual. It is a part of who I am as much as culrure is a part of who people are.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2007, 10:23:00 PM »

I'm sure there are.. I guess I was going somewhere else with that remark.. like if we were 100% not sexist, then we would see no difference b/n sexes or something.. don't know if this makes sense to anyone but me..lol.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2007, 10:31:40 PM »
Quote from: ""El NiƱo""
I'm sure there are.. I guess I was going somewhere else with that remark.. like if we were 100% not sexist, then we would see no difference b/n sexes or something.. don't know if this makes sense to anyone but me..lol.

I personally don't see anything wrong with a little sexism, either. :P

Niles is going to kill us when he sees what we have done to his thread. Poor guy is just looking to get laid, and we end up talking about gender, sexuality and identity politics.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2007, 10:49:05 PM »
Nah, sawright.

I'm just sick of being cut off...  :cry2:
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2007, 01:36:26 AM »
Well if it makes you feel any better, I'm not getting any, either.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2007, 02:57:57 AM »
You can quite literally fuck yourself, though. I don't have that luxury.

But in all seriousness, this is an amusing thread nonetheless  :)
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2007, 03:53:27 AM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
You can quite literally fuck yourself, though. I don't have that luxury.

Since when? Is it that you can't, or that you won't?  :P

No worries, I'm not into anal, either.

But yes, it is nice to have an auxiliary entrance.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2007, 03:59:51 AM »
Your rant about backwork with pain pills coulda fooled me...