Author Topic: Ten Best Suicide Methods  (Read 16662 times)

Offline Infinity

• View Profile
    • http://chaoticidealism.livejournal.com/
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2007, 09:02:02 AM »
I'm a Christian (closest to the Baptist variety, but without the ban on drinking and dancing, and having discarded all that legalist crap). So I can give you our viewpoint on the suicide thing:

Yes, it's a sin; and yes, it's murder.

As a Christian, you've sworn loyalty to God; so you're taking what doesn't belong to you when you kill yourself.

However, God doesn't turn away any Christian from heaven, no matter what they've done. The only way to keep yourself out of heaven is to reject God and say, "I don't need that salvation crap; I'm good enough on my own". (Which is silly, because God demands perfection and not even Mother Teresa is "good enough on her own".)

So... Kiling yourself won't keep you out of heaven. However, it is a sin.

That means you're going to have to face God, knowing you did something he thinks is wrong. Not that we don't all do stuff that's wrong; but suicide is special... it means you can't ever do anything right again, either.

However, God knows everything; and he knows your state of mind. If you were psychotic or totally depressed and not thinking straight, he'd know that. If you really just wanted help and killed yourself pretty much by accident, he'd know that too.

So... sin, yes, But forgivable, just like any other sin.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
size=9]It doesn\'t stop after high school...
The Student Voice[/size]

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2007, 09:57:21 AM »
Quote from: ""Infinity""
Yeah, but would you want to do that to some poor innocent cop? I sure couldn't.

I don't think they exist.  Innocent cops, that is.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2007, 10:01:35 AM »
Quote from: ""RTP2003""

Not sure I get this "suicide by cop" thing...

What would you do, threaten his life in attempt to force him to kill you? What if he shoots you in the leg or something? Seems a bit risky.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2007, 10:06:49 AM »
Quote from: ""El Niño""
Quote from: ""RTP2003""
Not sure I get this "suicide by cop" thing...

What would you do, threaten his life in attempt to force him to kill you? What if he shoots you in the leg or something? Seems a bit risky.

For some reason, quite a few people actually try this, to the point that police officers are trained on how to deal with it. As to whether they decide to use non-lethal force or not, however, is debatable, and probably depends on where you live. I know in San Francisco, it would be very difficult to kill yourself via cop. However, if you jaunt on down to New Orleans, the cops will probably kill you even if you had no intention of committing suicide.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2007, 05:29:24 PM »
I have just come across this thread. Suicide in most cases is something I just dont get. If nothing else the person has lost any curiosity about whether things can improve. So i would assume that an attempt is a cry for help. As a society we have a duty to help anyone in need. The question is how to help.
i agree with Ant that locking someone up for a long time is not the answer.
I also find the whole euthenasia thing a bit concerning on some levels. i can absolutely see that it is every persons right to die with dignity and in the case of a terminal patient end the discomfort. Nobody else should be abole to make that decision for someone.
By the same token I would have real concerns that many people would chose the euthenasia option because they no longer wish to be a burden of loved ones. i dont like this idea because it removes any moral duty to deal with the suffering of our loved ones in the name of social convenience. This is an isolating and depressing thought.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2007, 05:38:30 AM »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2007, 12:44:50 PM »
I agree with the final sentence of the article. The potential for abuse and legal murder is too great.

On the other hand, a patient with advanced dementia - someone who has never indicated one way or other whether he wishes to live on in that state - may be deeply distressed and burdened by terrible suffering. Should we allow the close relatives or guardians of such patients to seek legally sanctioned euthanasia for the individual in their care? The argument for compassion in this instance seems to be just as compelling as it is in the case of the patient who had previously indicated an autonomous wish to die. And this argument seems to retain its force whether the patient's condition is terminal or not.

The danger is that the 'close relatives' are the same incompetents that would send kids into programs against their will. These people have no problem forcing misguided decisions onto others.

While I have little problem about someone ending their own life of their own free will, I have big problem with others making that decision for them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2007, 12:42:30 AM »
You can't die we need you for the army.  Go outside to a field or something where no ones around, and try to meditate or something, nature is good, get away from abusive people if you can, no matter what they do to you ,you have a right to who you are, and your going to get out and be somewhere better.  I believe in God of some sort, it's human's that do the harm. Nature makes a lot of sense if you find somewhere nice to be alone for a bit, it really helps.  Mostly because it doesn't do anything horrible and it's calm and beautiful.  It's good for hope. make a five year plan that might make you feel like you have something to fight for.  you have to fight for your life, you have a right to live and have a good life.  if you were in one of the behavior modification schools, they were trying to kill you don't let them.   If people around you are abusing you get rid of them, and only keep friends that make you feel happy,  Dogs are good, but they make it harder to find places to live.  Abusive people are hard to get away from, i don't know just don't die, or try too you might do something to your health.  get away from abusive people they really make it hard to be happy, your not alone, Go get a bunch of books on the civil rights movement, and some movies, it helps to see other people I find that have made it through hell

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2007, 01:32:45 AM »
There is no dying.  don't let them kill you, that's so horrible, i am very sad for you, I think I might know some how you feel, there is no dying you'll just make yourself sick.  are you in jail? otherwise get away from whatever is so bad that you want to die, if you can. I know why you don’t though, it is easy to say it, but considering my current situation I am one to talk, I’ll take my own advice, if I can afford it.  I know some, I have had horrible things happen to me. We have a right to be happy, though, everyone.  I am angry that people have to suffer through  their lives and be abused, and then wish to die.  Unless you are ninety and in pain, no death is not option. Although I do not blame you for this conversation topic. We have to fight for this world, I don't know why, there is just nothing else to do! we have to fight for ourselves. You have to fight against the things that made you feel like this, but don't get yourself shot by a cop, although the thugs are often trigger happy, We have to live and take over, by living and voicing what we know.  If you keep going till ninety, just to piss the bastards off, then you will do some good, you’ll die eventually.  I don’t think God hates suicides, the church is so somebody I look to for insight into God.  Are you depressed chemically do you think?  Or is your life causing so much stress?   I think it might be relevant?  You are in pain and I am sorry , I am in pain too some it‘s almost normal, If you were in one of the behavior modification places, I was, you probably have post traumatic stress, everyone else seems to, do you shake when talking about anything personal and have nightmares.  There is a certain amount  of pain that goes with such place, to say the least, not to mention sexual abuse or whatever happened before or after.  It is what it is, but death is not an option, suffer on with everyone else I think.  I'm trying to get a political science degree? I want to join a protest group?  If I learn about law perhaps i can find how this is a legal and cause trouble. This is pretty much what keeps me going, Everything is pretty bad I think, I'm not being crazy, retail jobs are horrible, highschool is horrible, college is hard, sex is horrible, sexual abuse is horrible, sexual harrasment is horrible, men are jerks, women are jerks too, everyone else has power over you and they may or may not be horrible, no one believes you, people are prejudice, whatever it's pretty oppresive, feel better.  It's like communist China, don't listen to me I need to get out of retail,  I know lots of people have better jobs, mine is ok now, that i changed , but it pays nothing.  Death again is not an option because you are one of the people on the non communist party side, you hear, we need you.  There are good people and nature helps because it is not really horrible, don't watch the damn nature channel, just go outside to somewhere nice.  There are horrible people to, The laws need to be better and people who know how abuse works are needed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2007, 01:39:58 AM »
It is hard i find dealing with issues of abuse from behavior modification places to watch t.v. and other media but especially t.v. and to see how stupid it is and how it almost supports the whole setup? Not to mention it is sexist. I can't articulate it exactly but does anyone else know what I'm talking about?  It's like being in Russia out of a Gulag and watching party propaganda?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2007, 01:57:40 AM »
There are a lot of good thing about people maybe, I like art and books, I've traveled some, if you have money to travel the world is very pretty otherwise you get mugged, but art and books, I really can't stand the media, right now?  It's so ubber, if your not ubber just jump off a bridge, but at the same time it's ubber stupid. and sexist. I like history because it's depressing like my life and it helps me make sense of it.  All I want is to be able to buy an apartment or live in a nice apartment in a safe neighborhood with my dog and finish school and have a safe ok life, I wouldn't mind some safe friends and a nice loving supportive boyfriend, that doesn't yell at me and listens to what I say, and doesn't hit on other women, or sleep with them.  When I mean safe friends they shouldn't sleep with my boyfriend, hit on me, steal my stuff, bitch about me behind my back, they should be nice to me.  I think that's not to much to ask, Dr. kavorkian you should get your own apartment too. Maybe you have on already, then you should get a dog, really they are great.  So much better than people, they are cute and like you hope people are going to be when your a kid, they never do anything, and they make you walk.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2007, 02:12:32 AM »
I really do believe in God, I know that sounds nuts, but I do and I think it has something to do with nature and the fact that its beautiful outside usually, no matter, what the hell people are throwing at me.  That can also be kind of depressing to, where is a damn lighting bolt when you need one? I think what we have done with life is pretty unnatural, Meditating outside helps, It makes you feel better, I honestly saw the light once, and no I wasn't dying and it didn't tell me to hate gay people.  I was really upset so I left my house and went to this field and was crying and i was out there for some time and the sun rose and I totally felt really peaceful and so much better and I felt like that for a few months, then all these jerks I was around depressed me and the light was gone?  Or at least I lost that feeling of peace and joy almost, it was a noticeable thing, perhaps I was so depressed I kicked in the near death experience?  I don't have strange light filled mood swings or anything, like it's pretty much the same old me throughout?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2007, 02:23:16 AM »
creative hobbies are good? poetry, collage, bead work, sewing?  who has the time?  photography? No jumping they want us to be lemmings?  Makes them money.  I like collage and poetry can get pretty weird for sure, collage is fun can say a lot with pictures.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2007, 03:10:12 AM »
Quote from: ""AtomicAnt""
While I have little problem about someone ending their own life of their own free will, I have big problem with others making that decision for them.
I've faced thi in my own family and witnessed it in others, so I've had to give it a lot of thought. The only real choices wrt decision making are  the family or some codified formula cooked up by well intended but disconnected people.

"But look at the crack mamas!" is the argument of well intended dp gppders who don't have time to get personally involved. You're better than that, by far!
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2007, 09:34:03 PM »
no you cannot end your own life, also if you are in high school ,never ever ever ever say anything about wanting to kill your self, to anyone, that is one of the top three ways you end up in a behavioral modification hell hole!! Isn't that horrible you need help with feeling depressed and they put in a prison camp, damn. What are people who need help supposed to do?  They feel bad and think about dying because they are abused so they abuse them more? For sure, i was in one, please listen too me and spare yourself the trouble, I don't think the adults around here should be talking about suicide either for the same reason, I think they can lock you up for for a little while at least, even if you are over eighteen!  No killing oneself and no "accidentally" falling off a building or passing out in the bathtub or something.  Life sucks for sure in many ways but as I get older it improves, I think getting away from abusive people really helps, again too, year old, house broken pound dog can't hurt if you have an apartment, don't get Bruno the wall eater, just some medium sized smart mutt.   There are so many people, it hurts when people are jerks, but there are many many many of them, who cares what a few or one guy or girl is doing to you.  Having a place of your own is big, at least to me.  Money I hate money, I wish I had more of it so I could be free.  Avoid legal troubles they cost much! and cops are abusive for sure.