Author Topic: Ten Best Suicide Methods  (Read 16603 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« on: February 15, 2007, 12:08:09 PM »
Hypothetical question: If you decided to kill yourself, how would you do it? Why?

Is there a painless way to kill yourself?

Do you think it is right for suicide to be considered a criminal act? Why?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 02:44:24 PM »
Quote from: ""Dr. Kavorkian""
Hypothetical question: If you decided to kill yourself, how would you do it?

I would start running up debt splurging on every good high known to man, run up huge debts gambling and getting high, wait to either overdose or someone shoot me over an unpaid debt.

Why?

Because it would be more fun than jumping off a bridge or shooting yourself alone in an apartment.

Is there a painless way to kill yourself?

I think there's lots of ways. Headshot, jumping off a high bridge, driving 100MPH into a center divide.. I think the scary part is actually going through with it, but I don't think it would be phsyically painful ...?

Do you think it is right for suicide to be considered a criminal act? Why?

Its wrong because God gave you life and your life belongs to him. Just kidding, of course it should not be criminal. Besides, what are they going to do, arrest you postmortem? I think it's deterrent mainly, to deter other people from helping you or charging you money or something maybe. A lot of people who would of killed themselves then go on with life and later thank their blessings that they were too inept or afraid to go through with it. I think people who have medical reasons like terminal illness should be able to do it with a doctors help though.

Personally I hope to go out like Aldous Huxley.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 08:27:02 PM »
Blow my brains out. It's' the only way to be sure. Of course, one guy failed with a shotgun, and messed up his face for life. So I guess I wouldn't use a shotgun.

I wouldn't know if there was a painless way to kill yourself, since I haven't killed myself.

As for the legality, people should be allowed to do whatever they want to their bodies. Drugs, suicide, what have you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 09:37:44 PM »
The guy who failed to kill himself with a shotgun was a moron, If you can't destroy your brainstem with one of those, you deserve to.. oh, wait. :rofl:

Just remember, if you've already decided you're going to kill yourself, you can do whatever you want before you die. What are they going to do, arrest you?

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 12:35:59 AM »
There are plenty I'd take with me if I could.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 12:47:14 AM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penalty""
The guy who failed to kill himself with a shotgun was a moron, If you can't destroy your brainstem with one of those, you deserve to.. oh, wait. :rofl:

Just remember, if you've already decided you're going to kill yourself, you can do whatever you want before you die. What are they going to do, arrest you?

I worked in the ME's office and we heard about or saw most of the gun shot suicides as well as the attempts and more people survive than you would think and for all kinds of variables.

There was one suicide I will never forget that happened  one Halloween. It was a young guy  and he was really into Goth and still living with his Mom. He waited until she had gone away on a business trip and hung himself from her front porch. They happened to live on a busy road so the porch was visable to all the people driving by.

He painted his face completely white and dressed himself in layers of all this dark clothing with gloves and boots and one of those masks/hoods that completely cover your entire head except for the cut out that shows your eyes topped off with a ball cap.

He hung there for almost 4 days before the people that were driving by realized he was not a Halloween decoration. It was really cold where this happened so there was very little decomposotion that took place, if it had been warmer..someone would have figured it out a lot faster. Sad really, but he obviousley wanted to go out in a way that people would not forget, so he was successful in both ways.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 12:52:46 AM »
Goth kids are gay attention whores. The world is better off.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 04:31:19 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Goth kids are gay attention whores. The world is better off.
:roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Is that all you really have to say?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 08:17:20 AM »
Non sequitor... joke much?
I have plenty  more to say, thank you.
Subscribe to my newsletter if interested.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 09:55:48 AM »

Not interested...just so you know... :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
not a very good response either :roll:  :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 09:57:27 AM »

::mecry::

:rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 10:09:15 AM »

cries to your momma baby!
cuz I just dont care!
 :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
 ::crybaby::  ::crybaby::  
::deal::  ::deal::  ::deal::

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 07:17:13 PM »
The reason suicide is illegal to allow insurance companies to void the life policy. They don't pay if it is suicide.

Also, by making suicide illegal, they make the attempt illegal. That way they can incarcerate the person who made the attempt and failed. Ostensibly, that is to 'help' them.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 08:26:13 PM »
It was illegal in Texas in the 80s, and I was never jailed for my attempt. (Although they would have put me in juvie, actually.) All that happened was that a police officer came to the hospital as I was being revived and took a report from my parents. It didn't even go on my record. Then he left my parents the number to a suicide help line that was disconnected when I tried it later.

They didn't even demand that I be put in a psych ward. That was optional, and up to the parents. I convinced my dad not to, and the fact that he didn't like the doctor didn't hurt, either. (The doctor was "presumptuous" enough to suggest that the problem lie with the quality of parenting, and not with me. How dare he.  :P )

Dad wasn't too happy with that. So I got to go home. Ten months later... off to CEDU.

Anyway, if you are going to do it with a gun, apparently the best kind is a .22. The main reason for this is because the bullet is too small and there isn't enough power to create an exit wound. It just bounces off the inside of the skull and ricochets around, scrambling your brains. I honestly don't know if there is the possibility of it creating an exit wound if it's point blank, as a suicide would be. I just know that if you are going to shoot someone in the head and kill them, go with a .22.

My friend did it the smart way. She overdosed on heroin. This way, the coroner looked at it as an accidental overdose, and not a suicide, and her girlfriend was able to get the life insurance. All of us, though, knew it was a suicide.

Offline Infinity

• View Profile
    • http://chaoticidealism.livejournal.com/
Ten Best Suicide Methods
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 11:32:01 PM »
Some way that it would be sure to look like an accident. That way, nobody believes it was anything other than yet another person who died young, and my friends and relatives don't believe they were at fault. Not that they would be, anyway, but people are kind of stupid that way; they'll blame themselves for anything rather than feel helpless.

I used to say I'd just run out in front of a semi on the interstate; but when I got put in the hospital for depression, I told them that one, and if it happens now they'll know it was deliberate. Hopefully I'll never have to think up another plan like that, but it'd probably be along the same vein... a one-car accident, falling from a roof while cleaning out the gutters... that sort of thing.  I'd want it to be certain to result in death and not just handicap, though. Spending the rest of my life in an institution would really suck.
size=9]It doesn\'t stop after high school...
The Student Voice[/size]