Author Topic: Be strong  (Read 6372 times)

Offline the sunday stealer

• View Profile
Be strong
« on: February 10, 2007, 11:33:29 AM »
Good post... I would add something but I pretty much agree with everything you said . Preach on.

I think the middle ground tendency comes from a fear that program survivors/advocates/former program parents feel if they don't have an alternative to offer that the parents they are warning will ignore it simply out of the fact they perceive to have no other option.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Be strong
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 11:33:59 AM »
Amen, and thank you for putting it so well.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Be strong
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 11:46:25 AM »
I also think there is a whole cultural or societal problem in that parents think acting out teenagers need to be subdued and controlled.  And this seems to have gotten a lot worse at some point during the 1970/1980's and increased 'till today (the parental mindset).  And it would appear that the last several presidential adminstrations and associates have really bought into this fear for their own personal financial interests and the "troubled teen industry" has skyrocketed.  And I think it is going to get worse before it gets better, because the general populace still doesn't quite believe this is happening.  Just my own thoughts, observations...

• View Profile
Be strong
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 11:57:40 AM »
My younger brother started falling into the same patterns as me when I was a teen and my parents recently came to me for help since I am an expert on the industry and teens and everything. I sat down for a full day coming up with a new plan on how to deal with my little brothers depression and anxiety and acting out without getting involved with quacks or child torturers. So we decided to give the boy a little scare. We figured that since he was sad and worried all the time, we would put him in a situation so much worse that he would realize how good his life really is, and a situation so scary that when he gets home the everyday worries will pale in comparison. So me and a few buddies of mine, with my parents permission of course, and we "kidnapped" him and took him away for couple days to an isolated motel room out in the desert. We kept him blindfolded for the couple days, but treated him well. He was so scared he pissed his pants regularly, and even shat his pants once. He begged for his life and to be freed. He said he would do anything. We all were trying not to laugh while this was going on. The plan was working wonderfully. We took him on a Friday afternoon and it had to be over by Monday for school so we kept him isolated by himself in the bathroom of the motel room and slid pizza under the door, and told him he could drink out of the sink. He still had no idea who we were. We told him that we were from an international ring of sex slaves and he was going to be sold to a middle eastern business man as a teenage sex slave, and he believed us! This is when he really started to freak out. He kept trying to bargain with us, saying he could pay us thousands of dollars to let him free. He was shaking, you could here it in his rattled voice when he spoke. So after a few days of this and telling him that worse things were going to happen, he was pretty much ready to lose it. He stopped using the toilet, and just lied down in his own mess and made weird moaning sounds like a fog horn. It was hilarious. We put our masks back on and took him out on Sunday evening after it got dark, and put him in the car. We drove him out into the middle of the desert and told him he was too much trouble and the arab guy didn't want him anymore he wanted someone more compliant. So we told him to dig a hole or we'd shoot him. Once he was done digging the hole we said that if he didn't comply, that hole was going to be his grave. This part might seem extreme but it is crucial. This is when I finally saw the finally bit of will inside of him, give up. He was broken. He said he would do anything we want, just don't hurt him. It was over. We drove back to the city with him blindfolded and told him we were going to meet his benefactor and new arab daddy. Instead, we pulled into our house, and we took off the blindfold and he saw our parents standing on the driveway. That must have been a surprise to him, he really looked shocked! He was so happy to see us he just fell down on the ground in the fetal position, sobbing like a baby. This is the grateful son my parents always wanted.

TBS are bad places. You can deal with these problems on your own at home in creative ways that don't cost much money at all!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 11:59:52 AM by Guest »

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
Be strong
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 11:57:52 AM »
Wow, yet another thread to read..  :exclaim:  ::read::  :smokin:

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
Re: Be strong
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 11:59:39 AM »
Quote from: ""TS Waygookin""
If these namby pamby tit suckers want to have a safe place to talk they can start their own damn board.

:rofl: You're a gentleman; TSW. I like you.  :lol:

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
Be strong
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 12:04:02 PM »
Quote from: ""a fat kid named sky""
Good post... I would add something but I pretty much agree with everything you said . Preach on.

I think the middle ground tendency comes from a fear that program survivors/advocates/former program parents feel if they don't have an alternative to offer that the parents they are warning will ignore it simply out of the fact they perceive to have no other option.

Yes. God damn people make me sick.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Be strong
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 12:06:04 PM »
I now realize the proof actually is right in front of me. The sheer explosion of TBS programs shows me everything I need to know about the indoctrination of the working class to accept these tough love ideas as the opiate of the masses.

Oh, it's not just working class!  I'm talking well-educated bleeding liberal upper middle class!  Ex-1960's hippies, that still think they are pretty much just as radical as they used to be.  People you would never dream of having this mindset!  The cultural norm surrounding us has lulled all their warning bells to sleep.  Most people have a hard time seeing things in their historical context.

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
Be strong
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 12:07:03 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
I also think there is a whole cultural or societal problem in that parents think acting out teenagers need to be subdued and controlled.  And this seems to have gotten a lot worse at some point during the 1970/1980's and increased 'till today (the parental mindset).  And it would appear that the last several presidential adminstrations and associates have really bought into this fear for their own personal financial interests and the "troubled teen industry" has skyrocketed.  And I think it is going to get worse before it gets better, because the general populace still doesn't quite believe this is happening.  Just my own thoughts, observations...

Absolutely! And to that I say, "Your pain makes me hungry! I'm hungry for pain! Your death is mine motherfucker! Don't even try to escape! Because you're mine! You are all mine! You're all in my thoughts! I will peel you like a potato! I will take out your brains and throw them to my dogs! Oh shit, you're gonna die! I'm gonna peel off your toenails like they were... cupcakes! Like they were... twinkies! You're dead, motherfucker! My life is nothing but to kill you! Revenge is mine! My words make you wanna scream like a dead dog dying from anger-- and pain-- of a dead dog! Uhhhhhh... We're gonna kick some ass tonite, motherfucker! Life! Life is mine! I take you with me! I take you, I crumble you up, I wad you into a little ball! Death picks its teeth with your head! Life! Life is mine! Yup! Revenge is mine! My war jacks off when it sees your revenge! My war is not alone! It's the only war! Anytime you get your ass down here, kick my ass, no problem! My life is better! Don't fuck with me whatsoever! Yup! Revenge is mine! I take it and I leave it! But this one, motherfucker, is mine! And you're not gettin' it! You're the one that's gonna pay this time, buddy! No prob!"

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
Be strong
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 12:09:04 PM »
Oz Girl made some of the same observations when we were talking in pm earlier. I pointed out to her that while her theory is sound she was going to have trouble backing it up.

I now realize the proof actually is right in front of me. The sheer explosion of TBS programs shows me everything I need to know about the indoctrination of the working class to accept these tough love ideas as the opiate of the masses.

Working class? Shit....

Most of the kids shipped off are from upper class families with money to burn...aren't they?

I hear ya about the masses' acceptance and Dr. Philtard, though.. maybe that's what you were getting at..?

• View Profile
Be strong
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 12:24:56 PM »
There were some working class kids including me in the wwasps owned program I was at. The really sickening thing is its usually the poorer families who end up getting into the referring thing, out of a fear of keeping their own kid there because the family rep is telling them they are doing horrible and will die if they come home, and that bull crap. My dad was definitely not rich when I was sent away... he works as a manager at a fast food restaurant.. but my grandfather had left a 20 thousand dollar college savings account for me when I was born, and since I was 17 already it was almost up and he used that. When I came home finally a while later his house was gone and he was living in an apt. with no furniture. All those creditors finally caught up with him. I hear that the college savings thing is a common trend.   All the other places I was at prior were payed for by the state or by mediCal insurance. So the last seven months until I turned 18 in a private program cost 20g plus he refered one kid to the program.  ::noway::  ::noway::  ::puke:: The best part was the letters saying how I was ruining him financially and he was going to lose the house because of me. For a while I had believed that, until I found out how he really payed for it. I never understood that.. did the program tell him to say those things or was he purposely lying to make me feel bad? None of the other facilities or programs I was at worked so hard at turning father against son, it was the opposite. Fuck people who support this kind of destructive ideology.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Be strong
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 12:26:17 PM »
Read my last post my good man. It was a sly attempt at humor that obviously has backfired on me.

:rofl: Okay, I am notoriously obtuse.  I hear you now.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Be strong
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 12:33:13 PM »
Remember now my brothers and sisters it was in the USSR where the secret police would swoop in and ship you off to Siberia to never be heard of again. Not quite so bad here in the USA, but it isn't looking pretty.

And this is what's so maddening about brainwashing. My dad, mine! Crazy Mac, hard workin, sharp witted WWII vet that he was actually fell for this bullshit for awhile!

There's a thread in the Straight Vets' forum called something like "29 years ago today" where Woof-a-Doof talks about understanding in a very personal way those summer headlines that seem so bizarre to everyone else. He cited Jim Jone's son's memory of the People's Temple and a couple of boys who were held captive in a regular old residential area for up to 4 years and never made any effort to escape or call for help. I would add the kid who was sniping at random strangers in DC a few years ago and the whole lot of Program parents.

How do you wake somebody up from that, though? I don't think it's really possible to surely unbrainwash someone. I think you can try. My dad snapped out of it and I can make an educated guess or three as to why. My mom and most of my older brothers and sisters never have and I can't imagine why. Anybody understand that at all? Please fill me in.

For everybody else, here's a nice read on the topic.
Gulag
When we hear of arrests in western society?
When we hear what is described as unfair treatment abusing the ?rights? of the arrested person?
It would be enlightening to know what being ?arrested? can mean.
The meaning of arrest cannot be more graphically explained than through the words of Alexandor Solzhaneetsyn in the opening chapter of Gulag Archepalego, his Pulitzer Prize winning book about life in Russia. Then, ?arrest? terrorized to tens of thousands.(Page 3)

He described arrest as? a blinding flash and a blow which shifts the present instantly into the past?.The traditional image of arrest became trembling hands packing for the victim and no one knows what is permitted.? His words scorch the pages as though synapsed from raw nerve endings to raw nerve endings, arking from memory to fingertips, to be revealed stark and real on the page so that the reader is conjoined to Solzhaneetsyns? soul searching account of what life in Russia became after 1917 when Tzarist ruled was ended by the rebellion and take over by the workers.

He revealed a history of decades of human suffering that surpassed any before it and yet was unknown to the rest of the world And how did this man describe it?

?We didn?t love freedom enough. In 1917 we hurried to submit. We submitted with pleasure. We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.?

Support Fornits by buying a copy through this link (and anything else that might strike your fancy while you're there)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 02:06:29 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
Be strong
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007, 12:48:56 PM »
Read my last post my good man. It was a sly attempt at humor that obviously has backfired on me.

Gotcha, Mr. Orwell.  :lol:

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
Be strong
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007, 01:09:41 PM »
Quote from: ""Cassandra""
How do you wake somebody up from that, though? I don't think it's really possible to surely unbrainwash someone. I think you can try. My dad snapped out of it and I can make an educated guess or three as to why. My mom and most of my older brothers and sisters never have and I can't imagine why. Anybody understand that at all? Please fill me in.

Make them smoke weed.