Author Topic: Breaking my heart  (Read 23079 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Breaking my heart
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2007, 08:03:15 PM »
Quote from: ""Charly""
Your sole motivation for posting on Fornits is to have a sense of power and control- just like you had when you worked at Three Springs.  You can abuse and bully people on the internet instead of at the program.  You justify it by thinking you are helping kids! Actually, your presence on this forum is probably the single biggest reason most parents won't stick around long enough to get the message others here are trying to get across.  Don't forget my 12 PMs from your "friends" bemoaning your disgusting and vicious posts against me and others.  When that many people have to apologize for someone, who really has the power and control?

She's right about your treatment of her that time on the Carlbrook thread.

As for his motives.  I believe TSW has the same motives as most people here: shutting down programs.  We simply disagree with the methods.  Yes.  Blasting you, in my opinion, hurt the ability of Fornits to reach out to parents.  Many would argue that this is not the purpose of fornits... but until there is another place that fulfills that purpose..   This is the next best thing.  Hey.  I already tried talking to the parents on ST.... and after one listened... BANNED.  So.  If you want to hurt programs...  do what Charly (i assume that was her) is suggesting:  convince parents to stop sending their kids to program.  Some will listen.  Some won't.  A few of them will end up here later with a big "OOPS".

People hate karen.  Period.  I don't like to take sides. I don't aggree with her much, but i do in this respect.  TSW was out of line on the CB thread.  Karen...  Well i don't much like her libel threats either... but that isn't the issue.  Yes she came to the board and pissed a lot of people off.  Do i think she meant to?  Sometimes.  But i tend to think of her more as insensitive than malicious...  But how easy is it to relate to what some of us went through in program... it's not easy to understand... or the sensitivities involved.

Taking on the industry without parents = perception of fucked up druggies
taking on the industry with parents = credibility
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2007, 08:11:49 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""TS Waygookin""

Refrain from your overly dramatic ad-hominen attacks. They really aren't working for you. What you think you know about me and what you know about me are two entirely different concepts. Using character attacks on a person like me is pointless when it is me who started 95 percent of the rumors about myself. I never once in this thread endorsed the bashing of Lori so don't start misrepresenting the situation now to fit your naive world view. I did fully endorse someone educating Lori's daughter in the ways and means to protect herself from her mother should a TBS become a real circumstance for her. Let me illustrate for you how I endorsed a positive dialogue with Lori.

Those who can read over the kindergarten level will also note that I posted more power to the mother if she can be brought to see the light in this matter. Also I invited Psy to host a discussion on my own forum where it can be moderated to avoid personal attacks. Noting that you might not have the educational requirements to understand the full meaning of what I just stated I decided to draw a picture for you. It is with great regret that the picture can't be posted as it involves the intercourse between a camel and and an orangatan. It just goes show how convoluted the entire issue seems to have gotten lately.

I think you ought to keep two things in mind here Exhausted. First I've been dealing with this sort of thing far longer than you have. Second I have learned over time to be distrustful of parents for an extremely good reason. Hence my objectives aren't about working with parents, but they have changed into providing resources for kids to escape, evade, and win their own freedom by whatever means it takes.

That being said let me point out the obvious. I am not here for parents. I am here to help kids. I am here to help them stay out of programs. I am here to help them escape from programs.

That is my sole motivation for posting on fornits. There are plenty of others who deal with parents. On occasion I will deal with as an ends justifies the means for keeping a kid out of a program. I've defended many parents on fornits in the past and will continue doing so as I see fit. So before wobble off to post a no doubt well worded response try to see past all the hype and malarkey. Remember I did promote 95 percent of that hype and malarkey for my own amusement.
Moving on.. Do have have a lovely day.
Why are you more interested in helping them escape than stopping them getting into that position in the first place?

You may have been dealing with it longer than me, but there's nothing like experience, this isn't text book stuff you know, only a parent can really know what it's like

If you're here to help kids, then the obvious place to start is with the parents, or basically do whatever it takes to keep them from being abused under any circumstances, not pick & choose what sits comfortably with you - that's hardly naive now, don't tell me I'm wrong on that, i was one of those parents a while back - wonder if you can claim to have REALLY experienced what that's like.

The reason you're a prize prick is because this is all for your amusement as you state, you seem to get a laugh out of anyone elses misery, parents and kids included

Don't worry your little head about my education, I'm an intelligent woman, intelligent enough not to be tossed around like a rag doll buy a self appointed forum bully like you anyway

Discussion over

I think that you are being rather presumptuous and a bit judgemental about TSW here.

I also think you take this board a little too seriously.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2007, 08:15:14 PM »
Your sole motivation for posting on Fornits is to have a sense of power and control- just like you had when you worked at Three Springs.  You can abuse and bully people on the internet instead of at the program.  You justify it by thinking you are helping kids! Actually, your presence on this forum is probably the single biggest reason most parents won't stick around long enough to get the message others here are trying to get across.  Don't forget my 12 PMs from your "friends" bemoaning your disgusting and vicious posts against me and others.  When that many people have to apologize for someone, who really has the power and control?

Plenty of parents post on this forum..what are you talking about?

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2007, 08:16:03 PM »

Your sole motivation for coming to fornits was to bully and troll, or do you forget that Karen? You play all nice now, but a lot of us remember what you are really like when you first came here... and what you'd be like if all your online buddies didn't start hating on you for showing your true crazy self. Its laughable that you seem so concerned with kids and then lie about pretending to be anti program, and then get quoted here as recently as yesterday promoting sending a kid off who you know nothing about. I can't even imagine what you are telling parents privately.  :roll: You put on a good show though, a lot of posters here do... but every once in a while you guys get honest and then it gets interesting around here.

Hmmm...  :question:

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2007, 08:19:11 PM »
When that many people have to apologize for someone, who really has the power and control?

:rofl:  :roll:  :rofl:  :roll:  :rofl:  :roll:  :rofl:  :roll:  :rofl:

I have ultimate power and control over ALL of you! ::bwahaha::

Social Security

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2007, 08:20:07 PM »
I think I've kind of given up on the civility thing.  Parents that care enough to find out about these places will read enough to at least get a sense of some of the people and seek them out privately for information.  If they don't, they won't.  Plenty have.  I've yelled at 'the guys' before, but seriously.....with dolts like The Who and Karen running around....what's the use?  Like I said, those that care enough will seek out the information.  Those that don't, won't.

edited to add......

And I'm goddamn sick and tired of coddling and catering to these fucking people!!!  I had to do that for waaaaayyyyyyy too fucking long.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2007, 08:27:14 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
I think I've kind of given up on the civility thing.  Parents that care enough to find out about these places will read enough to at least get a sense of some of the people and seek them out privately for information.  If they don't, they won't.  Plenty have.  I've yelled at 'the guys' before, but seriously.....with dolts like The Who and Karen running around....what's the use?  Like I said, those that care enough will seek out the information.  Those that don't, won't.

edited to add......

And I'm goddamn sick and tired of coddling and catering to these fucking people!!!  I had to do that for waaaaayyyyyyy too fucking long.

Yeah.. but the whole civility thing is just syntax as far as i'm concerned.  It's the message, not the method that's important to me..  If i can express the same message in a civil manner... parents tend to listen who otherwise wouldn't.  That being said... even a message can get you banned.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2007, 08:28:47 PM »
Quote from: ""TS Waygookin""
After all it takes to two troll. Not just one.

Tsw is right as far as i'm concerned on this.  I told karen to ignore him.. she didn't.  She took the bait.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2007, 08:31:49 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""

:nworthy:  :tup:

Offline Charly

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2007, 08:37:48 PM »
Anne- those are YOUR issues and maybe you should take a look at them.  Not all programs are the one you went to and not all people react the way you do. Thankfully.

I did not promote sending ANYONE off to a program recently. Read what I wrote. Who could have possibly recommended a program for Lori's kid? We knew very little and it seemed like she had not exhausted other options.  Why do you make stuff up?

TSW- good try. You had to take over the thread because for once it wasn't all about YOU.

When I first was led to fornits (by Overlordd) I did what I could to defend a particular program because I disagreed with what was being said. I replied in kind, which meant I lowered myself. I have apologized for that and for mocking people. I do not support ANY abuse of kids-either emotionally or physically.  I have limited knowledge of programs but I know a lot about teens.  All any of us can do is speak from our own personal experiences. That is what I do- with input from my son and other classmates of his.  
If you knew me at all you would know that I have spent 20 years fiercely defending and protecting my son. If I ever thought someone harmed him they wouldn't be long on this earth.  When someone comes on this forum and shows some abuse at the hands of the programs my son attended- REAL abuse, not just "I was coerced to go there and didn't like the therapy", then I'll be all over the place.

In the meantime, while I appreciate the horrors that Psy, Deborah's son, Anne and others endured, I just am not there with respect to ALL programs.

Offline Charly

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2007, 08:40:33 PM »
Stalk you, TSW?  Please!  The very signt of your login on the left side of the thread is enough to make me puke.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2007, 08:41:36 PM »
Anne- those are YOUR issues and maybe you should take a look at them.  Not all programs are the one you went to and not all people react the way you do. Thankfully.

I did not promote sending ANYONE off to a program recently. Read what I wrote. Who could have possibly recommended a program for Lori's kid? We knew very little and it seemed like she had not exhausted other options.  Why do you make stuff up?

TSW- good try. You had to take over the thread because for once it wasn't all about YOU.

When I first was led to fornits (by Overlordd) I did what I could to defend a particular program because I disagreed with what was being said. I replied in kind, which meant I lowered myself. I have apologized for that and for mocking people. I do not support ANY abuse of kids-either emotionally or physically.  I have limited knowledge of programs but I know a lot about teens.  All any of us can do is speak from our own personal experiences. That is what I do- with input from my son and other classmates of his.  
If you knew me at all you would know that I have spent 20 years fiercely defending and protecting my son. If I ever thought someone harmed him they wouldn't be long on this earth.  When someone comes on this forum and shows some abuse at the hands of the programs my son attended- REAL abuse, not just "I was coerced to go there and didn't like the therapy", then I'll be all over the place.

In the meantime, while I appreciate the horrors that Psy, Deborah's son, Anne and others endured, I just am not there with respect to ALL programs.

Coercion IS abuse in and of itself.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2007, 08:42:01 PM »
Stalk you, TSW?  Please!  The very signt of your login on the left side of the thread is enough to make me puke.

I think we are getting close to a climax where Karen says she isnt going to post here anymore, is disgusted and all that.. how many times you've done that already karen.. like half a dozen?

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2007, 08:44:19 PM »
Quote from: ""Social Security""
Plenty of parents post on this forum..what are you talking about?

\bump//

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2007, 08:45:00 PM »

Fuck off Karen!!  I didn't ask you to "take my inventory" you waste of flesh.

I do not support ANY abuse of kids-either emotionally or physically.

Yes you do.

I have limited knowledge of programs but I know a lot about teens.

No you don't.

All any of us can do is speak from our own personal experiences.

You ever been in a program?  No?  Then SHUT YOUR FUCKING HOLE!!!!

That is what I do- with input from my son and other classmates of his.  

Yeah, yeah.  You and The Who sound just like my dad.

I didn't say they were all AS abusive as Straight, but they are all born out of the same bullshit.  Maia's latest explains you people a lot.

http://www.thesunmagazine.org/
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa