Author Topic: I went to Casa & High Impact - My experience  (Read 16295 times)

Offline Jennifer143

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/guerra143
I went to Casa & High Impact - My experience
« on: January 20, 2007, 04:24:06 AM »
I was woken up at 3 in the morning in my own room and told that I could only change in front of this man and woman. I was also told that I would only be going for a 3 day evaluation and that I would be able to come home if everything was okay. I was handcuffed and taken across the border illegally. My mother signed over 90% custody to people she had never even met. I got to Casa By The Sea and was stripped of all of my personal belongings, including my sneakers. I was given sandals, "so I couldn't get away". After a week in "Worksheets" and being placed in R&R (where they would bend your legs and arms behind your body, laying on your stomach and while a large heavy man sat on your back), I was sent to High Impact. I witnessed the "dog cages" and was even placed in them. In the dog cages, you were made to roll up your sleeves and pants so that the sun could burn your skin. after your skin was burnt, the red ants would bite your burnt skin. We were made to sleep on a carpet, placed on top of a cement block. We were only given oatmeal (about a cup) for breakfast, rice and beans for lunch (also about a cup) and for dinner we were made to eat a chicken breast, along with the bones. If you did not eat the bones, you would be put in the dog cages. I witnessed two girls who tried to escape, tied around their ankles with rope tied to the back of a truck, be pulled up a rocky mountain. I wrote my mother that my feet were blistered and cut deeply, and they lied and told her I was lieing. We were forced to take ice cold showers, where you could see the steam rising off of people's bodies. We had no brush, we weren' allowed to brush our hair. We had no soap, because after the count of 100, we were forced to get out of the shower. And the worst part of all, we were given 30 seconds, once a day, to use the restroom. If you asked to go other than that, you would be given consiquences and miles that you ran would be taken away. It got so bad that I would hold my bowels until I would go to the bathrom (#1 & #2) in my pants, because I was afraid to ask to use the restroom. We handwashed our clothes on a piece of concrete. And 75% of our days were spent running and doing excersizes. I lost 40lbs in 3 monthes at High Impact. We werent allowed to so much as sratch ourselves without asking permission, but you would be denied permission if you asked. After going to bed starving, the "mamas" would break out their candy, snacks and good food... and eat it while laughing at us trying to stay warm under a sheet, with no pillow, in the 30 degree weather. I have hip pains to this day because of sleeping on concrete in the fetal postion for 3 monthes.  When I finally got back to Casa, I found that my mom thought we would be swimming, they even made her send a bathing suit. For what??? There was no swimming going on at Casa By The Sea. There wasn't even proper medical treatment. I once witnessed a young girl go into seisures and be left alone to fend for herself. Dace Goulding is a liar, along with King Kay and everyone else. I would love to see him in the streets. DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS TO THESE PLACES! The pictures are lies, the statements are lies... these fun things NEVER go on at these places. If you want t talk to me, I will tell you anything![/i]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...yOu faLL dOwN... buT geT righT bacK uP...*

*...forgive, but NEVER forget...*

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 10:50:09 AM »
Thank for taking the time to share your story. I am sorry that you had to go through that, it is nothing short of torture. I hope you are doing well today. I found writing about my own experience has helped a lot over the last few years and also parents find it very helpful so they don't make the same mistake as so many wwasps parents have in the past. I am sorry you had to go through High Impact and Casa, no person should ever have to endure something like that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 11:02:14 AM »
Jennifer, I am so sorry that you had to endure such treatment.
How are things going, now that you are out?  Are living at home? Does your mother believe your accounts of what happened in these facilities? Have you received real therapy to help you deal with all this?  I wish you the best.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 07:55:40 PM »
Jennifer - I too am very sorry you, or anybody, has ever had to have such an experience. If you would like contact info for a law firm taking plaintiffs in a case against these people, please write me. If you register you can send a PM - and I think you can email me weather you register or not.

Offline Jennifer143

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 09:21:54 PM »
Everything is great now. Only after 6 years of telling my mom what happend to me, is she now starting to believe that I'm not lieing. I'm a mother and I have been married for 5 years now... but I had to learn things on my own. Oh and another true story...out of approximately 600 girls at Casa By The Sea, NOT ONE of us EVER had our monthly menstrul cycle. What this means to me, is that they were putting stuff in our food, so that we wouldnt be able to have children... is this even legal??? I don't think so...

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 02:55:57 PM »
Quote from: ""Jennifer143""
Everything is great now. Only after 6 years of telling my mom what happend to me, is she now starting to believe that I'm not lieing. I'm a mother and I have been married for 5 years now... but I had to learn things on my own. Oh and another true story...out of approximately 600 girls at Casa By The Sea, NOT ONE of us EVER had our monthly menstrul cycle. What this means to me, is that they were putting stuff in our food, so that we wouldnt be able to have children... is this even legal??? I don't think so...

That's common actually, I've heard about this happing at New Bethany home for girls and other "religious" style programs. I always assumed it had something to do with the horrendous paddling that's common in the "religious" style programs.
But I think it could have something to do with the high level of stress you all were under.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
A new thing to show your mother
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 05:12:19 PM »
Jennifer. I have just launched the site about High Impact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Impact%2C_Tecate

There could be some factual errors in the text due to the facts that the conditions were so terrible to the children, that it is perfect comprehensible that they wont talk about it.

Please write to me if you find some errors. Beside this forum, use my other pages at bebo, livespace or myspace. You can access them through my mainpage: www.carstenovergaard.dk

Dont mind typos. I am a Dane, so I can not avoid them, when my native language is not english. Fortunately a robot will fix that.

If other survivors wants to tell their story please publish them. I is hard to remember them, but every day a new child is going off to such places and it needs to be stopped.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »
Good job on the High impact page, you're doing some good work......
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 08:23:34 PM »
Quote from: ""Jennifer143""

I'm glad to hear that you're living a good life now.  I too am so sorry for what you went through.

As to the menstrual cycles stopping, it happened to me too.  I was in Straight for two years and every single girl in there during that time stopped menstruating while in there.  I asked my doctor about  it after I got out.  After an hour and a half conversation trying my best to explain Straight she said it was due to the severe amount of emotional stress.......after she picked her jaw up off the floor at hearing of the "treatment" I went through.  I've had 3 other doctors since then tell me the same thing.  Scary huh?
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 09:30:46 AM »
Get over it ,I did. Enough of the pity party, it's weak. Move on with your life.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 09:41:19 AM »
Jennifer, ignore CCM.  She is a self-centered, uncaring bitch who promotes sending children to programs by earning referrral fees.

Her anger and promotion of programs as a form of "treatment" clearly indicates she has not "gotten over the program mentality."

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 09:42:51 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Jennifer, ignore CCM.  She is a self-centered, uncaring bitch who promotes sending children to programs by earning referrral fees.

Her anger and promotion of programs as a form of "treatment" clearly indicates she has not "gotten over the program mentality."

I don't think that's really her anyway..

Offline Jennifer143

• View Profile
CCM
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 02:21:58 PM »
Howabout I stick you in a dog cage???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 02:54:21 PM »
enough said.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 03:28:20 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""

I'm glad to hear that you're living a good life now.  I too am so sorry for what you went through.

As to the menstrual cycles stopping, it happened to me too.  I was in Straight for two years and every single girl in there during that time stopped menstruating while in there.  I asked my doctor about  it after I got out.  After an hour and a half conversation trying my best to explain Straight she said it was due to the severe amount of emotional stress.......after she picked her jaw up off the floor at hearing of the "treatment" I went through.  I've had 3 other doctors since then tell me the same thing.  Scary huh?

All of them? Did they make you take any pills of any sort while you were there?
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen