Author Topic: Court Ordered?  (Read 2967 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Court Ordered?
« on: January 13, 2007, 05:09:26 PM »
List off whether or not you were court ordered, or some of the kids with you who you knew to be. HLA claims there were never any court ordered kids, let's find out whether or not that's true.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
Court Ordered?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 07:12:02 PM »
I was not court ordered, but there were kids there that were...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Court Ordered?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 02:10:01 AM »
patrick shinn is the only name i can think of right now...but there were more.

also 3 kids in my rci group were court ordered. dont remember their names tho.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Court Ordered?
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 09:30:34 AM »
I wasn't but there were plenty of them when I was incarcerated there. Add that to the fact that they tried to gets kids court ordered, all of their playing with semantics aside I think it's obvious they lied.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Court Ordered?
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 10:08:41 AM »
This has been said before on here, but I will reiterate:

Realistically:
Yes, HLA had court ordered kids.  There is no denying it.  Kids got in trouble with the law and ended up at HLA after being arrested.

According to the letter of the law:  
You are going to have a hard time finding anyone who was actually "ordered" to HLA.  I don't think it will hold up in court if it is brought up in the law suit.  Someone will have to present hard evidence that a judge sentenced someone to HLA.  I doubt it exsists.

Is this playing semantics?  Of course.  But if it is going to be brought up in the law suit, my bet is that HLA is going to win that argument.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Court Ordered?
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 10:27:56 AM »
I don't agree. Remember this is a jury trial and common sense not HLA's prevalent manipulations is probably going to prevail. Add that to the fact that there are kids who werent given the option of HLA or jail.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Court Ordered?
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 01:00:39 PM »
I hope you are right.  But on this point HLA may have the letter of the law on their side.  I think we can all agree that HLA is manipulative on this point.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Court Ordered?
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 01:13:54 PM »
Is there something they haven't been manipulative about? Either way on this issue they lose. They either admitted court ordered students and thus lied about it, or they admitted kids who were ordered by the court to go somewhere. Given the fact that the majority of those kids were standing in front of a judge for a violent offense it would stand to reason that HLA does admit dangerous and violent students correct?

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
Court Ordered?
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 06:17:54 PM »
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""
Is there something they haven't been manipulative about? Either way on this issue they lose. They either admitted court ordered students and thus lied about it, or they admitted kids who were ordered by the court to go somewhere. Given the fact that the majority of those kids were standing in front of a judge for a violent offense it would stand to reason that HLA does admit dangerous and violent students correct?

Correct...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Court Ordered?
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 06:33:03 PM »
A parent can get the judge to court order their child to a program of their choice as long as it fits the courts satisfaction of the punishment for the offense that the child did.  The court had rather the parents send the child to a facility like HLA or something else because they do not have to pay for this.  All this means is that the court is accepting the parents are sending the child to treatment as opposed to the courts sending the child to a court appointed program like Eckerd or something that the courts would have to pay for.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Court Ordered?
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 11:10:45 PM »
You're still splitting hairs and a jury won't buy it. Hidden Lake either accepted court ordered kids when they claimed they didnt, or they accepted dangerous kids when they claimed they didnt. No way around it and no hairs to split.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Court Ordered?
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 11:25:39 PM »
Usually these orders are worded to say that the child has to complete a treatment program or therapuetic program or so forth as opposed to what the court would send them to.  It is all in the wording.  It also depends on what offense the child has committed as to what type of program a court would accept.  For example a program like HLA you are looking at something like shoplifting, curfew violation, smoking pot, etc.  It would be a minor offense to get the court to accept that type of placement.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Court Ordered?
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 11:47:39 PM »
Not knowing who you are and what your connection to HLA is at this point I won't call you a liar. Instead for the moment I'll simply tell you that you are.....mistaken. I off the top of my head can think of three inmates during my own stay who were not only court ordered but were court ordered for very  violent reasons. Nothing so mundane as shoplifting.

The earlier statement stands, HLA either admits court ordered students and lied about it, or they admit very dangerous students and still lied about it. No way around it.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Court Ordered?
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 11:56:58 PM »
Appears as though you are misinformed.
Grand Larceny, Drug Traffic, Breaking and Entering, Stealing Cars, Assault and Battery
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t= ... sc&start=0
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?p=229997#229997
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Court Ordered?
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 01:24:11 AM »
(quote]
It is not actually a lie. What a judge will often do is suspend a childs sentence until they complete the program. If the family does not want to take this alternative, the child will then be ordered to a locked facility. Judges often like to give this option for kids who have committed a minor crime but obviously do not belong in a locked facility. That is why they offer HLA as an OPTION, not an order.
Kids will come in saying, and possibly truly thinking, that they are court ordered, when technically that is not the case.

I am not trying to defend HLA and I have no relationship to the school at all.  I understand that their are kids that have charges against them that are obviously attending these types of facilities.  All I am saying is what I copied and pasted from a previous post that I found that kids are made to believe that they are court ordered to these programs.  Truth is it is their choice to be there the parents have rescued them (in their eyes) to keep them from going to a real court appointed program with other court appointed kids that they feel are a bad influence on their child.  In turn they put them in a program with children from the same socioeconomic background as their child so they can be with like children with like problems.  The parents are willing to pay for this and the courts are willing to accept this because they do not have to pay any money for these children as long as they go to treatment.Technically it is the same thing except if the child knows he has an option he can leave and go to the court appointed program.  It could be a better program or it could be a worse program because it could be a program like where Martin Anderson went.  When the court decides you have no control over where you go.[/quote]