Author Topic: Gone Fishing...................  (Read 1348 times)

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
Gone Fishing...................
« on: April 01, 2003, 09:43:00 PM »
OK, so who out here loves to go fishing? I would love to do that sometime, but I am always too busy. I used to go with my dad a long time ago, we went to canada, and south and central america as well as out west, like colorado and Alaska. My last outing at GULAG 5515 was a "fishing permission". Unbeknowing to me at the time, and only after getting an "urgent" message from a fellow 5th phaser, I had been called in to group for that open meeting and then wam, I was 7th stepped. What really sucked was that I had a fish on my line and handed it to the other guy on the shore since I was 2 hours away from the damn GULAG 5515 and was afraid I would be late. I made it 6 minutes late to open meeting that night, but to my amazement, instead of getting blasted in open meeting review, I got out!  :smokin:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline SurvivorEMSR

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2003, 09:54:00 PM »
I remember some of the few times I actually enjoyed at Pathway envolved fishing.  The limited times I had privileges on fourth and fifth level I spent fishing. Anyone ever been to the boundary waters up in Canada? Must be one of the greatest places in the world. Nobody around for miles. EMSR

Offline Powerful Attitude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2003, 10:03:00 PM »
Well hell that is something I can definitely ?relate? too.  Some of my best fishing days were in St Pete can?t beat that brackish water.  I can still remember those large mouths hitting my lure 20 feet away and being able to watch it all happen. The streams were some great times just floating down casting a line in and dreaming the day of my freedom.  Those were my best days of fishing.  I?ve been to Colorado, Montana, California and Mexico but I can honestly say ?love that fishing in Florida?, watch out for those damn gators they will scare the shit out of you if stumble up on one.  I caught a nine pounder out of Lake Fork, Texas, 22 and a half inches, still have not gotten the ten.  Maybe someday I won?t have to dream about it anymore.

PA
t. Petersburg 1985-86, Dallas 86-87

Offline Majiktrvls

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2003, 11:55:00 PM »
Life is hectic, it is hard at times, it is not easily explained. Fishing is near perfect in relieving my everyday tensions and putting me at one with nature.
Give me a flyrod and a stream, or river, and I am in Heaven, plus the trout make a wonderful dinner!!
The New Definition of BITCH....Babe In Total Control of Herself!!

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2003, 03:38:00 AM »
Bass is good eatin fish. When I was on the Sheenjek River in AK, I caught a whole bunch of grayling fish. They were about the same size as the bass in the lower 48. Once, I had a whole string of them dangling over the side of our boat in that 40 degree water when the river got shallow and we had to get out and portage about a half a mile to the deeper water. Worst part about it was that all of the fish had gotten scraped off under the boat since we were pulling it across rocks and gravel. We went hungry till the next day when more were caught. That was 1975 and we drank the water right out of the river. My dad and I got so hungry after losing those fish that we ate the next fish that was caught - raw lol... after being scaled, beheaded and gutted, of course. That was all that was available up there.

MG8 :smokin:

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2003, 04:09:00 PM »
That doesn't sound that gross, I love sushi.
A friend, who lives about an hour from me e-mailed me, and is going fishing today! I would love to go fishing. It's a beautiful day in Missouri for it. ::ribbon::
Morli