Author Topic: My Story  (Read 16266 times)

Offline SurvivorEMSR

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2003, 05:53:00 PM »
Dear "Proud Graduate,"
I too am a graduate of Pathway Family Center, but our opinions obviously differ quite a bit. I'm not sure how long you have been out of the program, but I know that I was an avid supporter of Pathway for quite some time after my graduation. It wasn't until I got away from the aftercare program that reality set in. Today I deal with more issues derived from Pathway than from my drug use. This site is set up for people with opinions similiar to mine, yet we are willing to hear your story also. Please tell us more of your use and what you experienced. On a heavier note, it doesn't say much for your character when you criticize MetalGod for his comments and insult him with namecalling at the same time. Later. EMSR
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ehm

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2003, 10:20:00 AM »
Um, I'm not sure if you realize this or not but, WRITING IN ALL CAPS IS THE EQUIVALENT TO YELLING ON THE NET!!!!!
 Call me kookie, but I don't listen to people who yell at me. For the simple fact of: No-one likes to be yelled at. I for one view this as poor comunication skills. Gee.... Isn't that what all these Synanon/Straight inc. spawn programs expect out of you?
Yelling is verbal abuse, and abuse is wrong, no matter how you slice it.
Why not do a little research on cult mind control there buddy, maybe you might learn a thing or two. Or not...

P.S. Say it, don't spray it!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2003, 03:24:00 PM »
Metal God,  He/She is posting anonymously because according to the Forum description, posting anonymously is encouraged.  Back off!

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2003, 10:22:00 AM »
If you support Pathway, then so be it, but be a man about it and state your name when calling other people names. Stop being so afraid. I'll see what I can do to change the way I feel about gutless anonymous posters. Backing off is not an option.

MG8 :smokin:

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2003, 07:39:00 PM »
is still a rose...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2003, 09:37:00 PM »
Hey, hey guys come on now apply your programs, use those serenity prayers and lets see if we cant admit where we're all powerless over one another......there feel better? o.k. now stop hoging da fuckn blunt and pass that shit! Put on some druggie music' sure eminem will do. And lets turn on the news and watch Bush and his facist assed cronies take over the world while you sit here and whine about your punk assed feelings and pointing fingers at whos a druggie and who tha fuck aint! What is this some kinda fuckn crusade going on over here! Well look ass munch you raelly should respect your elders even if his name is Metal God or whatever and maybe if you just read some of these peoples experience you may just find that you can relate to them more than your little straightling brain wants to admit.Although I do see your point of not wanting to fall into the same category as some old dude calling himself MetalGod :lol: Im just playing Metal dude Ive read alot of your posts nuff respect. Well I look forward to seeing what you little propaganda spewing bitchs will post next.Love ya's and I wish you were all here so we could do a group hug

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2003, 11:01:00 AM »
okay......everyone together....."Straight incorp.............straight incorp........." I'm soooooo glad that place is gone. Maybe someday ALL of these places will be gone!!!!
Plymouth straight survivor 86-87
                       Moonman* :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2003, 11:03:00 AM »
maybe they sing..."pathhhhways........pathhhhhways....." now.....       Moonman* :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2003, 11:10:00 AM »
By the way......AANACA is a MUCH cheaper way to go about getting clean. Hell, maybe Pathways could hire Saddahm to be a new group leader...I'm sure he's qualified!!!!!! Don't mean to be a smart-ass, but I really do feel sorry for ALL of the people who are STILL being conned in Straight, Southfield. Truth hurts........
Plymouth Straight Survivor 86-87
                       Moonman* :smokin:  :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2003, 04:34:00 AM »
Hey Moonman who are you? I was in Straight around the same time you were

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2003, 10:38:00 AM »
Brian Mooney, my brother John was also in there........I came in in early 86, most of the ppl there were from Cinci. Whobeyou???????
                          -Moonman* :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2003, 02:08:00 AM »
You :smokin:  probably left right before I arrived, my name is Quddus, and now that I think about it I got there mid 87. When I arrived Andy Fletcher, Rich Paulie, Liz Arlingnton, and Will Bolger were on staff. 5th phasers were Bruce Goins, Peter Gilmore, Jerry trevethick, and a whole bunch of people Im sure you  knew. Sorry, its late and I just cant think of names at the moment.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2003, 03:47:00 AM »
I just found this site. I know someone in Pathway and I know what goes on there.  It is brainwashing,cult behavior. I have read 1984 and when I read it I immediately thought of Pathway.I have cried reading these posts because I know of the future problems the person in Pathway is going to have.  I am going to keep reading this site.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
My Story
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2003, 11:44:00 AM »
Greetings and welcome,
  Thanks for taking the time to find out what happened to your friend. I'm sure that if/when you see them after the Program or when they're on higher phases, they'll treat you like dirt.

I hope you'll understand why after reading some of this stuff and not take it personally. Either they're acting because they're scared to death of getting started over or they believe, somewhat or a lot, that you're a danger to their sanity, sobriety, etc.

But, sooner or later, almost everyone snaps out of it. More often than not, they've already burned all the bridges to their old friends and family that haven't been destroyed by the Program and/or the kid's parents.

Just about the only thing you can do to help your friend is probably to understand as best you can what's going on and be stubborn and be there for them and to let his or her other friends in on what's going on. That way, if they decide they want out of the madness, they'll have somewhere to turn.

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2003, 12:06:00 PM »
On 2003-04-19 00:47:00, Anonymous wrote:
"I just found this site. I know someone in Pathway and I know what goes on there.  It is brainwashing,cult behavior. I have read 1984 and when I read it I immediately thought of Pathway.I have cried reading these posts because I know of the future problems the person in Pathway is going to have.  I am going to keep reading this site. "

Hello, Pathway is currently under investigation by state authorities. The renewal of their accredidation is also under review. For more information please email [email protected]