Author Topic: My Story  (Read 16265 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Story
« on: February 26, 2003, 10:06:00 AM »
Before Pathway I had multiple addictions that ran my life.  I was out of control and afraid of the world.  I was planning out my suicide a week before I arrived at Pathway.  I had attempted suicide, ran away, stole from my family and friends, I overdosed too many times to count.  I was a mess and I did not care at all.  My dream was to be a bum.  I was living for the next high.  Since being at Pathway, I became a positive friend, I don?t hurt myself anymore.  I have learned about my disease and about coping skills.  Pathway taught me how to grow up and live life instead of not knowing even my own name.  I have gotten a better sense of self than ever imagined.  I have real feelings and real friends.  I have positive support and an actual chance to succeed in life.

CD
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
My Story
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2003, 06:53:00 PM »
Welp, I can see the script hasn't changed one bit in all these years. Amazing, isn't it?

Instead of giving money to fund colleges to promote learning, why don't they pass a Constitutional Amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as good as the Prohibition one did, why, in five years we would have the smartest race of people on earth.
--Will Rogers

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2003, 07:22:00 PM »
Wow!  Sounds like major druggie denial on your part.  Are you threatened by my experience, or that I took the time to post it here?

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2003, 07:26:00 AM »
On 2003-02-27 16:22:00, Anonymous wrote:
"Wow! Sounds like major druggie denial on your part. Are you threatened by my experience, or that I took the time to post it here?"

Wow!, sounds like we have a brainwashee testing his his wings using the word "druggie", a cult term used 20+ years ago on us, the people this know-nothing is attempting to attack.....fack-ing amatures....  :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2003, 12:15:00 PM »
Your treatment goes back 20+ years?  Man, you should get a life and move on.  Or get some reality therapy.

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2003, 09:40:00 PM »
OK, how come you post as anonymous? Are you afraid that someone will tell your fellow Pathwaylings that you are cavorting with the POW's of the drug war? How many friends do you have? What is your first thought when you sit next to someone drinking a beer?  :smokin:

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2003, 09:46:00 PM »
I must also wonder what you know about "reality therapy" If you are referring to RSA or RET principles let me know, please. Thank you
 MG8  :smokin:

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2003, 10:24:00 PM »
Once again, it sounds like the amateur is trying to hawk his cult-brand "awareness" on us. Naaa, No one who is facing the truth and recovering from brainwashing done by PFC or its predecessors requires your "profound advice"....been there - done that.... Oh hell yeah I have a life, it's damned good therapy exposing mind rape mills like PFC is. It's extremely rewarding getting my life back knowing I am helping in exposing any Straight Inc. spin-off. I am tired of young people having to suffer at the hands of greedy cultists that have only $$$$ at heart.

I just love it when you guys become apologists for abusing kids, trying to sound like PFC is a kinder-gentler Straight Inc. Are you guys still walking your dogs, whoops, I meant human beings 'arm-in-arm' like a dog on a leash? You know that is a really sick thing to do to someone, it leaves permanent scars on their psyches. You guys are obviously worried to death that we are getting hold of your dirty little secrets you don't want the rest of the world knowing. LOL, what are you going to do when runaways and pull-offs from PFC start to get a hold of us and let us know the 411 on PFC?? Better get busy, looks like you have a lot of leaks to plug on that sinking ship of yours called PFC.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2003, 02:10:00 PM »
Hmmmm. It's me again. I wrote the original story about how I disagree with Pathway's actions, and how they kept me prisoner for over two years. I haven't been on the site for a while, but I am amazed at the response that I received from a "Pathway Parent." Might I add that I know probably 30 former clients of Pathway that hold the same views as me. I even admit that for a while I had the same attitude as this poor fool above. I believed Pathway had "saved" me. Oh yeah, then I figured out I wasn't even a drug addict. Ha

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
My Story
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2003, 02:56:00 PM »
On 2003-02-27 16:22:00, Anonymous wrote:
"Wow!  Sounds like major druggie denial on your part.  Are you threatened by my experience, or that I took the time to post it here?"

Wow! That's some amazing trick you just did! You just diagnosed a substance abuse problem in a person who you've never met and don't really know anything about, except of course that he/she differs with you on whether or not Pathway is a cult.

Not to confuse you with any facts or anything, but Ramprato is so straight you can almost hear him crinkle when he walks. No kidding. Good friend of mine. But every time we get together, I have to go find some near bear or make tea or something because he won't even have a single beer. Ramprato "don't smoke, don't chew..." but doesn't disrespect those that do, either.

So, it ain't drugs, what could it be? Maybe the truth?

In any civilized society, it is every citizen's responsibility to obey just laws.  But at the same time, it is every citizen's responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
--Martin Luther King

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline ehm

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2003, 03:05:00 PM »
On 2003-02-26 07:06:00, Anonymous wrote:
"Before Pathway I had multiple addictions that ran my life.  I was out of control and afraid of the world.  I was planning out my suicide a week before I arrived at Pathway.  I had attempted suicide, ran away, stole from my family and friends, I overdosed too many times to count.  I was a mess and I did not care at all.  My dream was to be a bum.  I was living for the next high.  Since being at Pathway, I became a positive friend, I don?t hurt myself anymore.  I have learned about my disease and about coping skills.  Pathway taught me how to grow up and live life instead of not knowing even my own name.  I have gotten a better sense of self than ever imagined.  I have real feelings and real friends.  I have positive support and an actual chance to succeed in life.

CD"

Is that directly off of a Pathway Family Center pamphlet or what? Not much has changed in 20 years, nope sure hasn't. That is so frightening, you poor thing, how old were you when you went into Pathway? How long were you there? Did you ever feel like anything that went on in PFC was wrong? Did the experience scare you? Facts don't lie, don't mislead yourself to condone this treatment of any human beings, especially when it is still happening today. You can help stop them! They brainwash people into believing it was the best thing for them. Why do you think you all sound exactly the same. Do you know anything about cult mind contol? Do a little re-search. Ever read 1984? Free your mind. People only say this because they actually DO care.I have nothing to gain but to try and help, but PFC certainly does.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Morli

P.S. What do you consider overdosing?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2003, 04:46:00 PM »
DEAR CD,

I WANT TO SAY HOW GLAD I AM TO SEE THAT YOU HAVE FOUND SOME OF THESE GREAT INSIGHTS ABOUT YOURSELVE. I ALSO WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I TO AM A GRADUATE OF PATHWAY FAMILY CENTER. I WAS VERY MUCH IN THOSE SAME SHOES I FELT HOPELESS REGARDING THE THE PROBLEMS OF MY LIFE. I KNOW NOW THAT THE SUPPORT THAT I ALWAYS SOUGHT IS THERE OR A PHONE CALL AWAY. WITH OUR DISEASE CUNNING AND POWERFUL WE NEED NEVER FALL BACK TO OUR ACTIVE ADDICTION. WE LIKE OTHERS MAY DIE AND BE JUST ANOTHER NUMBER IN THAT LIST. STAY CLEAN GO TO MEETINGS AND OUR DREAMS WILL COME TRUE.

PROUD GRADUATE

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2003, 05:21:00 PM »
DEAR METALNUTS OH MY FAULT METAL HEAD

YOU SPEAK SO HIGH OF A PROGRAM YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN IN YOU MAY CONCLUDE THAT ANY PROGRAM THAT OFFERS HELP TO ADDICTION PROBLEMS IS WORTHLESS. IF THIS IS SO THEN OUR WORLD THAT I PROTECT IS DOOMED. I'M GLAD THAT YOU SEEM TO THINK ANY POSTIVE VIEWS REGARDING PATHWAY IS JUST BRAINWASHING. YOU SEE KNOW MATTER WHAT YOU DO TO SEEK CONTROL OR POWER YOU CAN NOT BREAK ANY OF THE GRADUATE HEARTS OR SOUL THAT THINKS HIGHLY OF PATHWAY.SO GO AHEAD AND DO WHAT YOU DO IT WILL NOT EFFECT GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU OR I.

PROUD GRADUATE

P.S. I SEE ALSO YOUR TRUE CLASS WHEN YOU TRY AND PUT SOMEONE DOWN. YOU DO NOT KNOW. WOW I'M IMPRESSED MR. METALNUTS RAMHARDBERT.

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2003, 10:39:00 PM »
Hi anonymous.

You are probably scared to death that your fellow (victims) graduates, who also always seem to post here anonymously, are going to see you here. He who spouts brainwashed mumbo jumbo should be a bit more careful about it. For now, I will allow that namecalling talk to pass, but please respect your elders. Thank you. You can call me all the names in the book. It is OK, you can be as brainwashed as you wish, this is the USA you know. Give it 20 or so years, you will see.

MG8 :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Story
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2003, 10:46:00 PM »
Dear Anonymous,
  Not to put too fine a point on it, but being unable to distinguish between one's own identity and that of the group is a major red flag that you might be in a cult. Being unable to handle life's travails outside of the group and believing that "the world is doomed" without the cult are a couple more items on the "you might be in a cult if..." list.

Give it a little time. Soon come de day when you "really 7th step". Some people just snap out of it all of a sudden, for others it's a dawning realization. But it's only a permanent condition for a rare few.