Author Topic: How do you feel about www.thestraights.com?  (Read 9233 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How do you feel about www.thestraights.com?
« on: September 11, 2006, 01:08:45 PM »
What do you think about Wes Fager's site www.thestraights.com ?

Can you offer any suggestions about how to improve Wes Fager's website?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 01:11:49 PM »
You're the only one who really cares at all about it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 01:40:28 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
You're the only one who really cares at all about it.

Well,I dont like it,but I would like to hear other peoples opinion on what they think about it and their ideas about how it could be improved.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 01:41:46 PM »
It's pretty scattered and disorganized, needs a new look.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 02:50:12 PM »
It needs to be streamlined, the conspiracy shit taken out, the focus narrowed, no animated .gifs, and for the love of Satan stop getting into a fight with a rainbow.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 03:03:06 PM »
Yeah it pretty much blows, like the dipshit who created it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 06:13:24 PM »
That's just it.  Wes' site does need to be revamped in my and many others opinions, but who ever really goes there anymore?  Does anyone refer people there?  No.  The only reason for the posting of this thread is that the fucking loser who did it can't make a fucking life for himself (or herself, it's one of two) and needs someone else to blame.  End of story.  What the hell do Wes or Sherman or any of the others that this guy goes after have to do with this anymore?  Nothing other than to feed his insatiable need for someone else to be responsible for his misery.

grow up, get some help, take your meds, get a life, chill out, LIFE was Straight Lite, you're a pussy, ah well, you know the rest.

:cry2:  ::bangin::  :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 06:21:35 PM »
Right the fuck on! Fuck Fager and fuck all of that stupid bullshit you just mentioned! Nobody cares about any of that anymore...

Train's leavin', motherfucker....   :rofl:

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 06:53:21 PM »
I think its a great site to refer people to who want to know more.  I think it used to be in a better format, without all the stuff all over.  It used to be very easy to get to the online book, now its a little fruity.

I think A Clockwork Straight should be more accesible and some sort of banner telling people if they are new, to begin there.  Stuff splashed all about Sembler is just confusing and wont hold the attention of someone new long enough to try to find more.  ESPECIALLY a parent or someone thinking of placing their children in these programs.

You guys who rag on Wes about his site are just off the mark.  Regardless of your personal opinions about Wes, no one else has had a site as thouroughly informative and up to the moment about the Straight saga than he has.  Put your websites where your mouth is guys.  If there is something better youre doing, let us all know.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 06:57:58 PM »
Quote from: ""Carmel""
I think its a great site to refer people to who want to know more.  I think it used to be in a better format, without all the stuff all over.  It used to be very easy to get to the online book, now its a little fruity.

I think A Clockwork Straight should be more accesible and some sort of banner telling people if they are new, to begin there.  Stuff splashed all about Sembler is just confusing and wont hold the attention of someone new long enough to try to find more.  ESPECIALLY a parent or someone thinking of placing their children in these programs.

You guys who rag on Wes about his site are just off the mark.  Regardless of your personal opinions about Wes, no one else has had a site as thouroughly informative and up to the moment about the Straight saga than he has.  Put your websites where your mouth is guys.  If there is something better youre doing, let us all know.

what she said.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 07:00:59 PM »
Quote from: ""Carmel""

:tup:

There are only about 2 people who are bothered by or ragging on the site.  The rest of us, while we appreciate Wes and all his hard work, are just making suggestions as to how it's layed out.  Truth is I won't send anyone there anymore just because it's too difficult to navigate and find the info you're looking for.  That's really my only complaint.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 07:24:27 PM »
A bunch of the links on Fager's site go nowhere.  It is way too cluttered, it should be organized better--a section on Straight, a section on Sembler, one for Newton, one for Riddile, one for survivor testamonies.

It's too chaotic for anyone who doesn't know about Straight already to make any sense of it.

Offline 001010

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 08:05:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penal""
It needs to be streamlined, the conspiracy taken out, the focus narrowed, and no animated .gifs.

With the music removed, and a more professional look going on. Anyone I've sent there who didn't know about Straight said it looked like a propaganda site and that it was highly opinion based reading and hard to navigate. In my opinion it should read in a more journalistic, fact-based manner. There should also be an opening memorial/mission page that explains the reason for the site and all of it's content.  It's offensive to have the penis pump and Montel Williams on the front page, it just looks bad. Many good journalists will say that Montel is a bad publicity move and is up there with Jerry Springer or Maury Povich. Just not very credible, and that's what Wes wants I'm sure, to be believed... This is only my opinion and constructive criticism not meant to disregard him or all of his hard work and dedication. It just needs to be cleaned up a bit.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 10:52:11 PM by Guest »
[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 08:51:17 PM »
How do I feel about thestraights.com.?

I respect Wes Fager immensely.  He is a program parent that was brave enough to admit early he screwed up, and he took Straight to court to prove them wrong and to right the wrongs they did to his son.  He lost his case, but didn't give up.  

Wes, and a handfull of others...Ginger, Kathy, Kim, Scott  and a few others were there when I went searching online.  Wes was there, with me, at the first ever Straight, inc. spinoff protest.  Wes was there in support of the Safe lawsuit for abuse.  Wes was there at the conferences, at the protests...and yes, Wes helped put up the billboard with nothing but good intentions.

I haven't spoken to my good friend Wes Fager in several years.  No matter, he will ALWAYS be my friend.  His website is a reflection of him.  To criticise that would be very arrogant and self-serving of me.  That website has led national level writers and newsprograms to do stories on Straight and straight spinoffs.  Wes has the respect of national level experts on cults and cultic drug rehabs and is considered a valid source for information on straight and other seed based drug programs.

In addition, Wes is just a great guy.  He is funny, articulate, smart, caring, concerned and the dude likes to party.  Wes is the kind of guy that when he gives you his word, you take it to the bank.  We is also the kind of guy that you want to invite to your shindig..because he is just that cool.

In conclusion, I respect Wes Fager and his website.  The author of this thread would do well to understand that he perhaps will never receive the status, accolades, respect and admiration that Wes has earned and deserved.  So maybe these efforts are borne of Jealousy.  Maybe ignorance.  I don't know, and to be frank, it is of little concern to me.

I will leave one final comment, a quote from the bible.  That's rich, I know, coming from an atheist....but dammit it is just so appro here...

"Why do you notice the log in your brother's eye,

but do not perceive the log in your own eye? How can

you say to your brother, brother, let me remove that

in your  own eye? Remove the log from your eye first; then

you will see clearly to remove the log in your

brother's eye" -Luke 6:41-42

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 09:03:11 PM »
Oh, fuck!  GregFl is quoting bible verses.....

Good points, Greg, and I'm sure Wes is a great guy and all, but many people have remarked to me that they find the site very disorganized.

Just my .02