Author Topic: My friend is home  (Read 8774 times)

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
My friend is home
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2002, 02:49:00 AM »
I don't think she's saying that there's something wrong with people who do use recreationally Anon, just that they aren't good for you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My friend is home
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2002, 07:45:00 PM »
No, drugs aren't good for you...niether is sunshine, fried food, municipal water, or missing church on Sunday.  I heard enough of people saying what is "wrong" and what is "right" in Straight.  One thing that helped me get past my experience in the program was making my own decisions.  Wisdom today, in my opinion, is the understanding that everyone has a dynamically different opinion on what is categorically defined as "wrong" or "right" in society.

Personally I wouldn't be so bold as to answer the question in the thread "So you all think doing drugs is ok?".  Furthermore, to say "they are ok for medical use" would only define me as a steeply opinionated and maybe prematurely vocal individual.  

How and who is to judge whether or not it is ok if I go in the bathroom and shoot up, throw up, and nod off for awhile? Contrarily speaking, who is to say whether it is ok or not if I "recreationally" toke a joint at a Pink Floyd concert?  Or if that toke or fix was "medically" used because I have glaucoma or HIV?  The "right or wrong" arguement regarding drug use (and what are drugs...caffeine? tobacco?  what is use? Once a week, twice?  What is abuse?  Five times a day?  Heroin once a year?) is a mute point not only here on the boards but also in the real world for those with wisdom enough to understand the fundamental meaning of controversy.  Robert DuPont(fucking fool) made the arguement about marijuana being a "gateway drug", which also sits right on the fence with other controversial, unquanitative, and mute points.  Is holding hands or kissing the "gateway-foreplay" to veneral disease and AIDS?  Will we discuss are deepest opinions on religion, abortion, and politics next?  Straight is over, there are no absolutes in nature, and right and wrong is only a matter of personal opinion that should remain just that--a personal opinion.

I apologize for getting so wound up and long winded, I just hate to read "DRUGS ARE WRONG" in a forum such as this.  I also hate to see that still so many need to pull the DARE sticker off the bumper, smoke a joint and relax.
str8jack-it

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
My friend is home
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2002, 12:01:00 AM »
Anon, I wouldn't have a problem if someone came in here and did announce their beliefs in religion or politics, even if I disputed it. Perhaps what you might be upset about is Lady's deffinition of the word "wrong". In Synanon type programs they are saying that drugs are wrong in a sinful type way. They say that anyone who uses drugs is a wrong person, or that they have it all wrong. We were told that everything we did in our lives up until the program we were in was completely wrong, and drugs were the highlight of our wrongness. I don't see any harm in stating that drugs are not okay, as long as that persopn is not coming here to manipulate you out of your ways, or treat drug users as if they are less than, and from what I've read lady was not doing that.

Velvet

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
My friend is home
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2002, 12:26:00 PM »
In response to the word "wrong"
Let me say that for me saying "that's so wrong".. it is slang for me to use (thanks to my friend Terry).
I want to clerify that I'm not saying what I mean is "right" or "wrong".. it's the way I talk verbally.
I want to make that clear for future postings or people who see that word that I type.
I'm not saying what anyone is doing here is right or wrong.. I'm not the judge of someone else, nor am I trying to cause an arguement.
I know it's hard to express feelings and personality in typing.. that's one thing about the internet that is a bit lagging.

Sorry for the confusion
usan Minns

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
My friend is home
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2002, 12:33:00 PM »
also in response to using drugs..
In my personal opinion (everyone has their own).. I agree everything is bad for you.
I'm talking about hardcore drugs like majuania (sp?) cocaine, crack.. what-have-you.. that is what I mean by it shouldn't be used for recreational purposes.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.. so bash me if you want to.. I have my own opinion.

As far as drinking goes. I have one on occassion, but those days for me are over.. people are entitled to do what they want to as long as they don't make me a part of their bad habits.

I think that people would live longer if they abide by a diet, excersize and good nutrition.. there are complications I understand like depression or diabetes.
But in the overall general aspect of life, I think that those who choose recreational drugs (the ones listed above) are looking for a shorter lifespan than those who don't

This is the point I'm trying to make
usan Minns

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My friend is home
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2002, 02:21:00 PM »
Marijuana a "hard" drug???  Not meaning to bash anyone for anything, but what the fuck happened to the liberals on the board?  
Anti...you out there?

I'm certain your opinions are more than welcome my lady, and thank you Velvet for the clarification.  

It's just that...well, nevermind.  
str8jack-it

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
My friend is home
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2002, 02:50:00 PM »
Like I said before.. just my opinion about pot..
I knew that I would get slammed by that one
usan Minns

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My friend is home
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2002, 02:50:00 PM »
But I was the only one that stepped up for the slamming!!  That is a change, there used to be several that would jump at the opportunity to address such conservative and residual programmed philosophy regarding drugs and drug use!  I need  bowl...

Offline str8isabuse

• View Profile
My friend is home
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2002, 09:14:00 PM »
hi... just wanted to put in my two cents... i don't use pot or other drugs for recreation other than a drink once in a while, but i really do not think it is wrong for a person to indulge in a drug for fun as long as it is done responsibly.  no on should be harmed by someone else's drug use, so drugs that induce violence like pcp are not good.  highly addictive drugs that drive the addicts to commit violent crimes to obtain the drug are dangerous to society.  but it's well known that marijuana calms and relaxes people, and is not physically addictive like alcohol, tobacco and heroin.  we let millions smoke tobacco and drink alcohol, and we all know how deadly those drugs are.  marijuana is probably most dangerous as a carcinogen to the lungs, like cigarettes, but poses little danger to others besides second-hand smoke.  people have been smoking various weeds for thousands of years.  as long as they are considerate of others, i have no problem with it, and it actually does a lot of good for many people, especially people who are ill.

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
My friend is home
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2002, 02:24:00 PM »
D

[ This Message was edited by: kaydeejaded on 2004-03-03 08:26 ]
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My friend is home
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2002, 05:35:00 PM »
There are now eight states that have Medical  Marijuana laws .

Cannabis is good for the relief of pain associated with Irritable Bowel syndrome
(it is a lot better than percocets,which are given for irritable bowel)

There was a study commissioned by a retired war general ,who aslo happened to be the Drug Czar for Clinton as to put to rest whether or not Cannabis had any medicinal value. Personally I think old Barry fecaled in his pants when this report came back that not only did it have incredible medicinal value,it was found that it is in fact not addicting ,not a gateway drug and there is no direct evidence that anyone has died from using it .

The 25 plus page report is on the internet and very astute scientists from the USA and England participated.

Personally I believe that if you don't like cannabis,don't use it.Though if someone finds relief from using it please be a compassionate human being and don't pass judgement

Oregonian Blueberry

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
My friend is home
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2002, 10:00:00 PM »
Something tells me I opened up a can of worms with my pot remarks and opinions.
usan Minns

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
My friend is home
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2002, 10:48:00 PM »
Thats right lady J. oops gotta check those brownies I was bakin ya.....just kidding bad sense of humor. :sad:
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
My friend is home
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2002, 09:41:00 PM »
Hope those brownies are a bit uh.. BURNT!! jk :smile:
usan Minns

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
My friend is home
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2002, 01:42:00 AM »
lol :grin: