Author Topic: The Who  (Read 635130 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: The Who
« Reply #4245 on: August 27, 2010, 09:36:22 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "TheWho"
I have actually known for a few years that RobertBruce and thewho were the same person.  When they were having one of their famous flame wars(a year or so ago)  thewho screwed up and started posting as thewho under Roberbruces name.  I have to admit it was genius and had been quietly fascinated ever since.  Whats better than to have an archenemy that you have control over?  When RB was around no one else bothered thewho and you will notice that RB doesn’t really interact or converse much with anyone else except to troll thewho.
Seriously who would be that lame to spend hours/years trolling thewho unless it was thewho himself?

I have to go alone with the other guest. As soon as thewho started posting again this RobertBruce person comes along. they are definitely the same person. This sick fuck will do anything for attention even sinking low enough to troll himself. I heard he had his kid killed after he returned from a program and wasnt helped at all. In fact the only thing the program did was make his son hate him more, so he offed him because he couldnt stand it.

That was funny when Robert Bruce came out and tried to convince everyone that he was TheWho.  We must have flamed for a dozen pages on that one.  There were many people who were convinced that he was behind TheWho posts.  I actually helped out and tried to keep it going for awhile if I remember correctly.
I dont see a link but I would guess that was 3 years ago?  Good find, good memory.  thanks Anne.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: August 27, 2010, 09:38:16 PM »
RobertBruces own words:
"I guess there isnt much point in hiding it. TheWho and I are one and the same. I created the character a few years ago as a means of serving as a lightining rod for programmies. I'd been posting on here for about 2.5 years when I came up with the idea. I wanted to give all the anti-program posters an opportunity to showcase everything that's sick and wrong with this industry....."

Original post

I guess we can agree that TheWho was abusive, but the question remains as to why you would hide behind this user name and take pot shots at fellow survivors?  What was gained by that Bruce?

You are one twisted freak Brucie or TheWho whatever your name is.  You both fucking suck and you are sick to even think this shit up in the first place.

Well, you were right about that last one.  Damn, how much time did you devote to this?
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: August 27, 2010, 09:38:54 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
He has talked to himself, impersonated others, but needs to take the focus off himself because he lied about never guest posting.

Hey Who.. The good book says let him who is without sin cast the first stone.... and you are not innocent by any means of perfoming the same acts you are accusing of...

Dude don't throw rocks... you live in a glass house

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: August 27, 2010, 09:41:37 PM »
Edited to add the link

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16007&start=3615#p334898

Quote from: "[color=#BF0000
TheWho[/color]"]So you made TheWho character after this guy you knew at work.  Sort of a loser who had a rich father.  Its a great idea by why would you have TheWho make fun of fellow survivors.  You didnt have to take it that far.  It really makes you look like scum Bruce.  You are worse than he was.  At least with TheWho the way we knew him we understood why he had screwed up thinking,ie kid in a program, another committed suicide etc.  and we knew he was a loser because he screwed his own kids up and then shipped them off when he couldnt handle parenting any longer. But for you to write this knowing what we all went thru in these places is really fucked up Brucie.
I think you should appologize

Wow.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 09:45:39 PM by Anne Bonney »

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: August 27, 2010, 09:44:32 PM »
Still ignoring that you made fun of a survivor's post about the abuse they suffered I see.

I have actually known for a few years that RobertBruce and thewho were the same person.  When they were having one of their famous flame wars(a year or so ago)  thewho screwed up and started posting as thewho under Roberbruces name.  I have to admit it was genius and had been quietly fascinated ever since.  Whats better than to have an archenemy that you have control over?  When RB was around no one else bothered thewho and you will notice that RB doesn’t really interact or converse much with anyone else except to troll thewho.
Seriously who would be that lame to spend hours/years trolling thewho unless it was thewho himself?

I have to go alone with the other guest. As soon as thewho started posting again this RobertBruce person comes along. they are definitely the same person. This sick fuck will do anything for attention even sinking low enough to troll himself. I heard he had his kid killed after he returned from a program and wasnt helped at all. In fact the only thing the program did was make his son hate him more, so he offed him because he couldnt stand it.

That was funny when Robert Bruce came out and tried to convince everyone that he was TheWho.  We must have flamed for a dozen pages on that one.  There were many people who were convinced that he was behind TheWho posts.  I actually helped out and tried to keep it going for awhile if I remember correctly.
I dont see a link but I would guess that was 3 years ago?  Good find, good memory.  thanks Anne.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: August 27, 2010, 09:48:59 PM »
RobertBruces own words:
"I guess there isnt much point in hiding it. TheWho and I are one and the same. I created the character a few years ago as a means of serving as a lightining rod for programmies. I'd been posting on here for about 2.5 years when I came up with the idea. I wanted to give all the anti-program posters an opportunity to showcase everything that's sick and wrong with this industry....."

Original post

I guess we can agree that TheWho was abusive, but the question remains as to why you would hide behind this user name and take pot shots at fellow survivors?  What was gained by that Bruce?

You are one twisted freak Brucie or TheWho whatever your name is.  You both fucking suck and you are sick to even think this shit up in the first place.

Well, you were right about that last one.  Damn, how much time did you devote to this?

Yes but you notice it was written on June 23, 2009 and he edited it on July 1, 2009
The original was "captured" here on June 23, 2009

Link

Unless you read the posts leading up to and after the ones that are placed out here you dont get a sense of what was going on.  If someone just takes a lone post and says look what this person said it doesnt really mean much unless you know what context it was said in.  Do you see what I mean?

At the time RobertBruce was trying to convince people he was TheWho.  We were having fun with it.  Read through it you will see.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: August 27, 2010, 09:50:36 PM »

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16007&start=3540#p334572

Nope...looks like that was shit you pulled just one year ago.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: August 27, 2010, 09:55:17 PM »

Yes but you notice it was written on June 23, 2009 and he edited it on July 1, 2009

Link

Unless you read the posts leading up to and after the ones that are placed out here you dont get a sense of what was going on.  If someone just takes a lone post and says look what this person said it doesnt really mean much unless you know what context it was said in.  Do you see what I mean?

At the time RobertBruce was trying to convince people he was TheWho.  We were having fun with it.  Read through it you will see.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: August 27, 2010, 09:59:27 PM »

Link

I gotta at least hand it to ya that you're are the master of spin.  No wonder Aspen uses you to gloss over what they do.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: August 27, 2010, 10:02:07 PM »
Here it is again  (no edits):

Bruce says he is TheWho

DJ defending him calling it sarcasm

Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "RobertBruce"

I guess there isnt much point in hiding it. TheWho and I are one and the same. I created the character a few years ago as a means of serving as a lightining rod for programmies. I'd been posting on here for about 2.5 years when I came up with the idea. I wanted to give all the anti-program posters an opportunity to showcase everything that's sick and wrong with this industry. What better way to do that then to actually have someone who was so clearly brainwashed, and believed in this nonsense so ardently that nothing could disuade him from the truth. An absolute moron who couldnt recognize the truth even when it was staring him straight in the face, or just wouldn't.......

I think Robert feels much better now that he has finally starting being truthful with us.

It's called "sarcasm."  Look it up, Whooter.  Now, tell us, was this church visit for your kid's funeral?  Or were services held right at ASR?

« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 10:12:16 PM by Whooter »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: August 27, 2010, 10:05:33 PM »

I gotta at least hand it to ya that you're are the master of spin.  No wonder Aspen uses you to gloss over what they do.

I can tell from your response that you see that Bruce said it and then went back to edit it.  But like you said it doesn't matter what you and I think.  Lets let the readers decide.

It was fun as you read through it.  You shouldn't take it so seriously, Anne, we are talking about TheWho thread!  lol

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: August 27, 2010, 10:11:22 PM »
Well how about someone answer  why a kid would bitch about the programs library not having a copy of a Mark twain book or why a teacher isn’t certified by the state?  How many of these kids brought up this same subject with their parents about their local school when they were home?  How many actually went to the library and checked out a book? Or knew their teachers credentials? HaHaHa, kind of funny when you think of it that way.  If 95% of the kids are getting accepted to their first choice of college who cares if the place is licensed, certified or has any oversight from the state at all?

Most parents see right thru this crap, it is comical to read sometimes.  None of this stuff is torture or abusive… ropes courses, building a wall, shoveling snow, taking out the trash, doing calisthenics, skipping a meal or two, reflection time, etc. etc… it just seems abusive because you never had to do anything tough before so of course it seems like torture.  To top it all off one of the biggest bitches is that the kids cant communicate enough with their parents while there!!!  Most of these kids never talked to their parents for months prior to being placed.  WTF is up with that?

If a kid or my kid did commit suicide how would any of us know if it was due to depression, a girlfriend who broke it off, an accident?  How do you attribute it to a specific cause?  The lists that I see being posted have little or no bearing because no note was left so no one knows what the cause was.  How do we know the program didn’t extend their lives an extra few years before they finally took their life?  Without the program they might have died years earlier.

How did you come by this little tidbit of information?  Or will you ignore this just like you've been ignoring the question of why you felt it appropriate to make fun of a survivor's post detailing the abuse they suffered?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: August 27, 2010, 10:19:03 PM »
Well how about someone answer  why a kid would bitch about the programs library not having a copy of a Mark twain book or why a teacher isn’t certified by the state?  How many of these kids brought up this same subject with their parents about their local school when they were home?  How many actually went to the library and checked out a book? Or knew their teachers credentials? HaHaHa, kind of funny when you think of it that way.  If 95% of the kids are getting accepted to their first choice of college who cares if the place is licensed, certified or has any oversight from the state at all?

Most parents see right thru this crap, it is comical to read sometimes.  None of this stuff is torture or abusive… ropes courses, building a wall, shoveling snow, taking out the trash, doing calisthenics, skipping a meal or two, reflection time, etc. etc… it just seems abusive because you never had to do anything tough before so of course it seems like torture.  To top it all off one of the biggest bitches is that the kids cant communicate enough with their parents while there!!!  Most of these kids never talked to their parents for months prior to being placed.  WTF is up with that?

If a kid or my kid did commit suicide how would any of us know if it was due to depression, a girlfriend who broke it off, an accident?  How do you attribute it to a specific cause?  The lists that I see being posted have little or no bearing because no note was left so no one knows what the cause was.  How do we know the program didn’t extend their lives an extra few years before they finally took their life?  Without the program they might have died years earlier.

How did you come by this little tidbit of information?  Or will you ignore this just like you've been ignoring the question of why you felt it appropriate to make fun of a survivor's post detailing the abuse they suffered?

Anne, there is nothing funny about that at all.  Again you need to read the thread to see what the discussion was about.  If a child commits suicide how do any of us know what the cause was?  How can someone on fornits just decide that it was due to the program he/she was in?  It could had been due to a break up with a girlfriend or medication side effects etc.  We cant just take every kids who commits suicide that went to a program and blame it on the school.

This was the argument, Anne, without a note how do we know for sure?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: August 27, 2010, 10:24:27 PM »

Anne, there is nothing funny about that at all.

You're right, it's extremely sad.  It's even sadder if the parent is shilling for the program that either did damage, or at the very least didn't help.  I don't find anything funny at all about the fact that someone felt so badly that that was their only viable alternative.  I've dealt with my own suicidal thoughts due to what was done to me in Straight and, as you know, I've had a very close friend of mine (another Straight survivor) damn near succeed in his attempt.

If a child commits suicide how do any of us know what the cause was?  How can someone on fornits just decide that it was due to the program he/she was in?  It could had been due to a break up with a girlfriend or medication side effects etc.  We cant just take every kids who commits suicide that went to a program and blame it on the school.

That doesn't explain how you knew that there was no note.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: August 27, 2010, 10:32:04 PM »

Anne, there is nothing funny about that at all.

You're right, it's extremely sad.  It's even sadder if the parent is shilling for the program that either did damage, or at the very least didn't help.  I don't find anything funny at all about the fact that someone felt so badly that that was their only viable alternative.  I've dealt with my own suicidal thoughts due to what was done to me in Straight and, as you know, I've had a very close friend of mine (another Straight survivor) damn near succeed in his attempt.

If a child commits suicide how do any of us know what the cause was?  How can someone on fornits just decide that it was due to the program he/she was in?  It could had been due to a break up with a girlfriend or medication side effects etc.  We cant just take every kids who commits suicide that went to a program and blame it on the school.

That doesn't explain how you knew that there was no note.

I had a friend and a class mate who took their lives when I was in highschool.  One of them ended up taking another family member with them by accident.  It was very sad.  There was no note found (in both cases) so no one ever knew why.

As far as the above post I would have to go back and look to see if there was a note left or not.  But without the note we really dont know.