Author Topic: Men Who Love Burgers and Loathe Sex  (Read 4260 times)

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
Men Who Love Burgers and Loathe Sex
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »
I think Susy Bright ought to get out more. She's spending way too much time hanging out with urban, metro-sexual, sissy boys.

Personlly, I think these avoidant men have always been around. They just weren't as noticed or as prevelant as before. They are a product of a female dominated society.

Are we a femaile dominated society? I think so. I am old enough to remember the opposite. I was born long enough before the sexual revolution to remember when girls could not be policemen or astronauts. I'm not saying that is right or better. I am saying the pendulum swings.

Now we live in a world where safety and security are more important than freedom and personal choice and that, to me, indicates a Mom dominated society. You see in elementary schools where the vast majority of teachers are women and clearly don't like and can't deal with the boys natural tendencies to be active, destructive, and aggressive. That's why 84% of the kids on Ritelin are boys.

In the old days, when two boys fought (and we did), the men would simply break it up and say 'boys will be boys.' Now, we have women who abhore violence and can't figure out how boys are wired. They want to talk to these boys and instill the value that hitting is always wrong and send the boys to psychologists to figure out why they are violent. Boys get the message that being who they are, aggressive, risk-taking, and destructive, is inherently wrong and this damages the little tykes. Not that I condone fighting. I just think it takes time for boys to 'grow up' and learn a better way.

You also see it in the media. I watched the movie, Catch that Kid with my kid. Note how the girl manipulates both boys by telling each of them he is 'the one' so they will do her bidding? I see this more and more in kids shows. The girl is portrayed as the smart heroine, solving the mysteries and passionatly pursuing her goals while the supportive SNAG (sensitive new age guy) is portrayed as the sweet, loyal, supportive, but not too bright, guy who is totally devoted to the girl and not gettin' any.

This is not equality, it is role reversal with a female dominated twist. What I mean by that is when the pendulum swung, we moved from the stereotype Hero; the guy wins the day and is rewarded by getting the girl (in more ways than one), to the Heroine, where the girl wins the day and the supportive guy gets to cuddle with her.

Niether stereotype represents equality.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »
Pretty fuckin' well said, I'd say.
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2006, 08:29:00 PM »
Women know within 15 minutes if they want to have sex with a dude. If they don't let us know, it is their fault.

I don't know, when you read a constant torrent of studies like "more than half of women prefer chocolate to sex", and "three quarters of women never achieve orgasm during vaginal intercourse", you don't exactly feel encouraged to jump into bed.

Why bother? Give her a small tub of Haagen Daaz ice cream and she'll likely be happier. Stick with your hand and she won't have to fake it. It's depressing, really.

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2006, 01:38:00 AM »
On 2006-06-18 17:29:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Women know within 15 minutes if they want to have sex with a dude. If they don't let us know, it is their fault.

I don't know, when you read a constant torrent of studies like "more than half of women prefer chocolate to sex", and "three quarters of women never achieve orgasm during vaginal intercourse", you don't exactly feel encouraged to jump into bed.

Why bother? Give her a small tub of Haagen Daaz ice cream and she'll likely be happier. Stick with your hand and she won't have to fake it. It's depressing, really."

Speak for yourself man, with an attitude like that, of course your girl is gonna be better off with a tub of ice cream. And who listens to/believes those bullshit studies anyways? You stick with your hand, send your girl over my way, and I'll help her join that happily satisfied "25%".
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 12:25:00 AM »
As a man if I were to begin making judgements about women's sexual patterns, interests and behavior the response would be, in my experience, a vehement and immediate rejection of my opinions and observations.

Men do not know what it is like to be a woman would be the more common comment I suspect. Thus, as a corallary, I consider as marginal what women say about men as they have scant knowledge and minimal understanding regarding the subject.

Their perspective is limited and frequently distorted by personal biased, resentment and envy.

For this article I would say that men are much more than their "little brain" (a sexist and demeaning description) and that it is what is beyond the surface (body, face, hair) that is equally attractive.

Feminity as it supplements masculinity is what has been waning in the progression of womens social development. Advertising takes advantage of this situation

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 01:57:00 AM »
Ladies,  how about a nice pair of cheeseburger flavored edible undies to get your man in the mood?

Or the new pepperoni mushroom and onion bubble bath/body wash?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2006, 10:19:00 AM »
More and more men understand that the behavior and attitude of too many "modern" women proves the validity of the old rule. "If it flies, floats, or fucks, it is cheaper and better to rent."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 12:08:00 AM »
You bash someone earlier for being misogynistic and then you go and say that "all men" have no clue about the female anatomy. If you don't want someone stereotyping us as women, then don't stereotype all men. My husband is very "clued" in as have been most men I know. Yeah, there's a few who make me want to cry for their partners, but we're not all exactly experts either.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2006, 12:21:00 AM »
Its been my experience, that the ratio of women who a)actually like sex and b) are any good at it, are extreemly rare. So why go out of your way and risk humiliation, rejection, and most of all waste a lot of time, when the likely hood of a even passibly pleasureable experience is less than 5%?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2006, 12:40:00 AM »
You don't get out much do you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2006, 12:59:00 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2006, 01:09:00 AM »
 :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2006, 12:17:00 PM »
In my experience it's a combination of factors that lead men to avoid sex.

In my own case:

I've sat in bars and listened to men discussing the women around them and found myself absolutely revolted, found every word of theirs filled with violence and misogyny and never, ever, ever wanted to be put in the same category with them. I then have found myself in relationships with women who have slept with men of exactly that type and aren't remotely impressed by my would-be chivalry-feminism. It's confusing and frustrating; you sacrifices your rank in the Idiot Alpha Male game, out of a sense of self-respect and believing women will respect you more. Instead you find women seem to despise you as much as men for it, and you're at the bottom of every pile.

Then there's the Demand To Perform. Only sometimes I can't--and I've found that this started happening as soon as I started taking anti-depressants. And, of course, with pressure it just gets worse.

And then there's the "Princess Charming" dream that Arianna wrote of. Where does this come from? I really have no idea. But somehow it exists in the psyche of a lot of us, and--oops!--it's bullshit.

Now tack on to that the Numbers Game that every member of this generation loves to play--find yourself having to lie your way into double-digits when your friends of both sexes (and remember, you are only in your mid-twenties) are giving out 30s and 40s which makes you feel ashamed, strange, and insecure, and the association sex=humiliation takes pretty solid form in your mind. And you realize you're in a sexual culture every bit as bad and psychologically harmful as that of the religious right, and well damn it if you wouldn't rather have a cheeseburger.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2006, 12:40:00 PM »
Frankly, I find the whole premise of this discussion to be amazing.

Are there really millions of hot and horney american women out there who are just dying to jump anything that moves and has a pecker?

Maybe-- if you happen to be CEO of AT&T (and can prove it on the spot).

Otherwise, lots of luck to you. On the whole, american women are neither friendly nor approachable. At least, not in comparison to many other cultural traditions. To american women, men are all potential rapists, pedophiles, or just plain boring. At least, thats what they see on "Lifetime".

I think the answer to the "mystery" of young men not being interested in american women is obvious- they're simply too high maintnance to be worth the trouble. Take those same guys and give them a shot at French, or Tai, or Brazilian women and see what happens.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »
The men sitting around not getting laid to avoid a relationship should leave/divorce their current partner and move on. I take a lot of pleasure from sex, I still wake up with a wood every morning and have to jack it twice a day if I don't get a good solid fuck every couple days, so I don't really get the whole not fucking by years thing. I do understand guys not wanting to let girls control them though. As soon as I hear any talk about what new business I am starting, hows my financial situation, what are my goals, I start to cringe. In this forming female dominated society I think it's important to remain as 'manly' as you can, if only to not start acting like a woman... there are already enough of them out there. (they outpopulate men)

I also read an article the other day saying that they are having to do a sort of male affirmative action program at a lot of colleges, because the females are consistently outperforming the males and if judged strictly on the academics, they would soon outpopulate the boys two fold. Our schools, work and everything else is being shifted to accomodate woman... but what about the young boys, just gunna build more prisons?  :???: