Author Topic: HLA SECRETS - PART II  (Read 16855 times)

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
HLA SECRETS - PART II
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2006, 09:01:00 PM »
Yes it looks bad, it is worse....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA SECRETS - PART II
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2006, 04:57:00 PM »
On 2006-04-14 07:15:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-13 11:12:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I'll ask again.....do any HLA people care to address the first two posts in this thread?"

Guess not huh?  How's the equine program coming along now?  What about the chapel?

Anyone?"

Boy they were all over this forum a couple weeks back trying to discredit and scare anyone who dared question their tactics or expose their lies.  Where'd they all go?  They were so anxious to defend themselves then but now that actual proof of their bullshit is posted they're nowhere to be found.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA SECRETS - PART II
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2006, 06:11:00 PM »
Not ot worry, they are scrambling like rats in their holes, trying to figure out how to come out of this smelling like a rose...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA SECRETS - PART II
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2006, 11:28:00 PM »
Smelling like a rose?  I doubt it!  They don't understand that the GOOD folks of Lumpkin County REALLY understand what's happening.  Why do you think the Mountain Brook "Juvie Justice Hall" has wobbled? We are not a bunch of ignorant mountain rednecks!  (Unfortunately we do have to put up with some, usually on pay day at Wal-Mart...). I'm a firm believer that what goes around, comes around...and this "Merry-Go-Round" hasn't stopped turning yet!  God is a God of Mercy, but also of Justice...and maybe some of us just have to wait.  God's timing is perfect...look up KAIROS in the dictionary...Chronos is OUR time but KAIROS is GOD's time.  The evil men do will be "rewarded", believe me!  You know the Bible states that "...whosoever harms one of My little ones, it would be better that a millstone be tied around their neck and they be cast into the sea."  Bide your time my dears, and see if the Episcopalian who tends to sponsor a New Age bent "residential school" doesn't eventually get a "reward"! Ciao!

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
HLA SECRETS - PART II
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2006, 11:52:00 PM »
Who are you? are you a resident of Dahlonega?
Do the people really know what is going on?
We are told they care more about their pocket books and town revenues than the children..Nice to hear if that wasn't so.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
HLA SECRETS - PART II
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2006, 12:26:00 AM »
On 2006-04-16 20:28:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Why do you think the Mountain Brook "Juvie Justice Hall" has wobbled?"

I suspected as much about that facility. Can you speak more about it? For adjudicated youth? Contracts involved?
What are the locals primary complaints?
Thanks for posting.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA SECRETS - PART II
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2006, 01:25:00 AM »
On 2006-04-14 07:15:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-13 11:12:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I'll ask again.....do any HLA people care to address the first two posts in this thread?"

Guess not huh?  How's the equine program coming along now?  What about the chapel?

Anyone?"

I have no new news regarding the Chapel but I was looking over some old Lakeside Reflections and I found one dated July 2000.

"Hidden Lake Academy kicked off it's chapel fundraising campaign this month with a mailout to parents of current and former HLA students, along with other supporters of the school.
... To date, Hidden Lake has received a total of $75,000 toward the $950,000 needed for the new chapel, and has been promised an additional $10,000 for every $100,000 that is raised. The school hopes to raise the necessary funds to proceed with construction by the first of next year. "

It goes on to talk about how you can make tax-deductible donations and to thank people who have already donated.

So if they started Fundraising in July 2000 how much do they have now?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA SECRETS - PART II
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2006, 01:41:00 AM »
probably enough for golden parachutes if they have to close down suddenly

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HLA SECRETS - PART II
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2006, 08:18:00 AM »
On 2006-04-14 11:52:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

John Doe 1) came here with a very troubling history and equally troubling psychological evaluation. He was constantly involved in trouble including physical assaults on other students. He finally attacked and threatened to kill another student and the on-call clinical staff was called to evaluate him. She determined he was not only sincere but determined to actually try to kill the other student, and signed the order to have him committed to a psychiatric hospital. He did not return to Hidden Lake. The educational consultant who referred him to Hidden Lake was its owner, Len Buccellato.

Amazing.   ::noway:: "

It is amazing.  It is also an incredible derreliction of duty and unethical to its very core.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HLA SECRETS - PART II
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »
On 2006-04-13 07:08:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:

"I was called a liar and other viscious epithets when I reported that these events transpired.  HLA staffers flooded this site with lies and insults, but, once again, I was right on the money with this information.

Every thing I have said about these incidents has been objectively and factually verified.  Obviously the sources at HLA who "leak" this information are far more credible that the management who consistently denies that these events ever happened.

Jane Doe 1) had trouble here from the beginning, with most of her incidents involving violence. Finally, she was complicit in an elopement that culminated in the physical, and, by all indications, sexual assault on another student who was hospitalized for several days due to her physical injuries, especially internal injuries in the pelvic area. Then, rather than being dismissed immediately, she remained enrolled here for another month. The educational consultant who referred her to Hidden Lake was (Consultant 1).

(John Doe 1) came here with a very troubling history and equally troubling psychological evaluation. He was constantly involved in trouble including physical assaults on other students. He finally attacked and threatened to kill another student and the on-call clinical staff was called to evaluate him. She determined he was not only sincere but determined to actually try to kill the other student, and signed the order to have him committed to a psychiatric hospital. He did not return to Hidden Lake. The educational consultant who referred him to Hidden Lake was its owner, Len Buccellato.

Finally, we have (John Doe 2). Why in the name of Heaven this boy was ever even considered for admission to Hidden Lake is beyond me. He should have been in a padded cell in a psychiatric prison, and we knew it going in. It's difficult to distinguish his psychological evaluation, which was done by Len Buccellato and Brad Carpenter, from that of Hannibal Lecter's. Yet, in spite of first hand knowledge that this boy was not only totally inappropriate but dangerous, he was approved for admission and attended for a full year, interspersed with hospitalizations, until withdrawn by his parents. The educational consultant who referred him to Hidden Lake was (Consultant 2).

If you want to know how this place operates, just follow the money.  It all becomes quite clear at that point.

We are beyond denials now.  Why won't HLA offer a credible explanation for these egregious unprofessional behaviors?"

Parents should be demanding answers to these questions.  They need answering.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA SECRETS - PART II
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »
On 2006-04-13 11:13:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:

"

Sent: Sat 2/25/2006 9:57 PM

To: Nicole Fuglsang; Bill Gray Jr.; Len Buccellato; John McMillon; John McMillon; David Reifenberger; David Jordan; Mark Keith; Christy Jones

Subject: FW: HLA Student Profile.....

Nicole,

I can understand precisely why you said you do not want to continue to address my concerns over student safety and unethical practices on e-mail. However, there are several final points I want to make for the record.

(1) You stated with total certainty that two of the students referred to below received "significant financial aid because their families could not afford the HLA tuition." Upon my questioning the accuracy and veracity of your statement, you also said "I know because I was a part of the approval process while they were at RCI and then moved on to HLA. I know for a fact the level of aid they were getting at RCI & HLA as I worked with both families directly. I am the source of this information." The adamancy with which you state your position is compelling. However, it is totally false.

I went to Bill Gray's office at 4:30 Friday afternoon and asked him to personally check the financial records for the three students in question as a means to help me refresh my memory. He did so in my presence. None of these students received one cent of financial aid. (Jane Doe 1)?s family received the Ridge Creek rebate the first month she attended Hidden Lake Academy, rather than the third month as is normally the case. However, the amount of tuition paid by her family was exactly the same as any other family. There was no financial aid requested or granted to any of these three families, period. This raises the question in my mind as to why you so steadfastly insisted that you were right in spite of my urging you to check your facts.

The whole business of financial aid was, of course, a red herring designed to deflect the focus away from the point of my letter: that the safety of Hidden Lake Academy students is being compromised by the improper and unethical admission of totally inappropriate and dangerous students. As I noted, it had nothing whatsoever to do with the concerns I had raised. Just for the record, (John Doe 2)?s psychological evaluation, conducted and signed by Len Buccellato, includes a diagnosis of Schizoaffective Disorder, Pedophilia, and Personality Disorder with Antisocial Features. I am still waiting for your response as to why this boy, as well as the others, was approved by Len Buccellato to attend Hidden Lake Academy.

(2) You are the Director of Public Relations for both Hidden Lake Academy and Ridge Creek, as well as Director of Admissions for both institutions. In this job, you are the public face and voice of both programs. It would stand to reason that we would want in this very important position someone whose integrity is above reproach, since you speak for both programs. The fact that you intentionally attempted to mislead, obfuscate, and deflect rather than address honestly my concerns regarding student safety and ethical placement is, in my opinion, an insult not just to me, but to everyone in either of these schools, students and staff alike, as well as the parents of students and the educational consultants who they hired to assist with placement.

On January 31, 2006, you sent out a notice to all staff, and perhaps others outside HLA, that the "new student riding program will be completely operational by February 1st, 2006". It was obvious to all with eyes that this was impossible, since it was nothing more than a small area of scraped dirt the day before. I sent a reply to you stating "This is exactly what gets us in trouble with parents and consultants." I never received a reply. The "riding program" is still in exactly the same shape as it was the day you sent the announcement... no horses, no program.

If this approach to "public relations" is condoned by management, then it is no wonder we are constantly losing both students and staff. It is wrong, dishonest, and shameful.

Man, he gave Nicole a dose of reality.

It just goes to show that Nicole (who trolls this board, BTW) and people like her will say anything to make a buck or to avoid responsibility for wrongdoing.

Parents, these are the people caring for your children.  Is this the type of behavior you want modeled?  Can you be sure your kid isn't bunking with a sociopath, psychotic or pedophile?

Is any of it worth the risk?

"

What kills me is that, according to the HLA website, THIS CHICK HAS A CHILD.  Seriously??  Would she EVER subject her child to this environment?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA SECRETS - PART II
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2006, 01:45:00 AM »
Off the subject, but hear tell Judge Stone is to retire....vacancy shall be up for grabs...I am sure the lobbying for 'friend' to take his place
is in the works...

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HLA SECRETS - PART II
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2006, 03:43:00 PM »
Can anyone at HLA please explain a few things?

-Why is HLA (non-profit) providing funds for the development of MBA that is solely in the owner's name and FOR PROFIT?  Isn't that illegal?

-Why are HLA students being used as free (slave) labor to develop the MBA property?  This is illegal and violates ORS and SACS rules.

-Why does HLA claim to have a "riding program" when the horses live in a "renovated" chicken coop on the MBA property and HLA students have no access to riding?

-How does non-profit HLA provide all-expenses-paid trips for Ed Cons to visit the MBA property when they can't provide benefits or overtime for their employees and can't pay their bills?  Is it true that HLa recently bounced checks for as little as $100.00?

Thanks.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
HLA SECRETS - PART II
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »
DJ  can you post where you found it is a violation of ORS and SACS especiallly?

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
HLA SECRETS - PART II
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2006, 09:42:00 PM »
For RCFs
Under Discipline and Behavior Management
(b) The following forms of discipline shall not be used:*
1. Assignment of excessive or unreasonable work tasks that are not related to the
resident's misbehavior;*
http://rules.sos.state.ga.us/docs/290/2/5/14.pdf

Under Child Care Services
(c) Children shall not be held solely responsible for the accomplishments of any work
activity of the institution such as food preparation, laundering, housekeeping, or facility
maintenance. Children shall not be considered substitutes for employed staff.*
http://rules.sos.state.ga.us/docs/290/2/5/12.pdf

Nothing specific at SACS. All state regs I've read include that rule to prevent programs from using kids as labor. Unfortunately it happens everyday- look at all the farm/ranch programs where kids are tending livestock and building fences and outbuilding or mucking stalls.

Anyone who is interested should read the Nonpublic School Standards for Accreditation 2004
http://www.sacscasi.org/region/standard ... ic2004.pdf
Excerpts:
3.3 The school complies with all applicable statutes and governmental regulations.

4.2 The income from all regular sources is sufficient to support all regular expenditures and to assure the continuity and stability of services.

5.8 Counseling services and library/media services are under the leadership of legally qualified personnel.
These services are aligned with the school?s mission, beliefs and goals.
Note: All administrative and teaching employees meet the legal qualifications of the state in which employed, or have either a state credential, meet regional accrediting standards, meet national or federal standards or regulations, or a portfolio of educational and professional accomplishments that reveals they are fully qualified to perform the duties assigned to them in the school.

6.2 Student services are provided and meet laws and regulations as appropriate in the areas of health,counseling, nutrition, safety, co-curricular, and transportation.

6.3 The school program provides counseling services that meet the needs of students.

9.4 The school?s advertising and promotional materials reflect accurate information about the school?s programs and accomplishments.

9.6 Follow-up studies are conducted of graduates and other former students, and the resulting data are shared with staff to help in determining the effectiveness of school programs.

9.7 The school has a well-defined, published admission process including criteria upon which admission decisions are made.

9.8 Those wishing to enroll in the school are clearly informed of the mission, beliefs, and goals, the nature and extent of educational programs and services available, the expectations of students for satisfactory performance and/or graduation, and tuition, fees, and financial expectations.

9.9 The school accepts students for whom there is a reasonable expectation of success from the program.

10.6 The curriculum relies on sound learning principles and provides a balance of educational
experiences, including academic, fine arts, and physical education based on knowledge of human
growth and development.

10.7 The school designs and employs instructional strategies and activities that accommodate diverse
learning styles and are research-based and reflective of best practice.

10.8 Instructional time is allocated and protected to support student learning.

10.9 The school provides an average of 25 hours of planned learning activities per week.

11.1 The school and its program emphasize elements of citizenship and conduct that include honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, responsibility, citizenship, self-discipline, and respect for others.

13.2 In boarding schools, provisions are made for healthy relationships with adults in loco parentis, for student privacy, for recreation, and for religious practice as appropriate.

13.4 Measures are taken to ensure a wholesome atmosphere, a proper diet, supervised study, recreation, and a healthy balance between leisure time and school activities.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700